Comments

• born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Only vapour between 106 and 101

ok in the space of 1 min some people stepped in to bring it back to 110
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And then its gone

pity but hey who is going to be daft enough to give away zen if they are getting 1 dilith a Cent
    (or put another way are spending $20 to get a special project)
    Live long and Prosper
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So it looks like the price of Dilithium has reached a new high at 1/112 Zen today. How low do you think it'll go?

Are we expecting significant increase in Dilithium supply following tomorrow's patch (bringing ~1000/day for running a full set of Reputation projects)?

(Try to be civil!)
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Only vapour between 106 and 101
    If you take another look at the numbers, you will realize that less zen is being sold. Even though the dilithium costs have fallen, the amount of zen being sold has also fallen.

$1 (1 Zen) currently = 116 insignificant pieces of dilithium.

Anyone selling zen at this point is throwing away money.
  • darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wouldn't hold your breath. when th e prices fell on the exchange, I pulled out 10k zen, its too unstable to do anything with it so, nope.
    edited November 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    If you take another look at the numbers, you will realize that less zen is being sold. Even though the dilithium costs have fallen, the amount of zen being sold has also fallen.

$1 (1 Zen) currently = 116 insignificant pieces of dilithium.

Anyone selling zen at this point is throwing away money.

Well exactly. Far from incentivising people to buy Dilithium, the reduction in supply has actually pushed people to completely disengage from that side of the game - where many people now no longer feel they "need" Dilithium.
  • yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The speculators are keeping the rate from falling further, just saw someone eat up all zen below 115 in one go.

Of course this thread has run it's course now so no doubt it'll get shut like the other thread charting the price fall.
    edited November 2012
    The speculators are keeping the rate from falling further, just saw someone eat up all zen below 115 in one go.

Of course this thread has run it's course now so no doubt it'll get shut like the other thread charting the price fall.

My last thread was closed because a few people decided to turn it into a flame war - please no name calling in this one. You can tell someone that you don't agree with them without using derogatory terms.

Thx
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pity they can't catch the speculator and send him to a certain planet in the delta quadrant (remember that one guys? with the underground/ orbital jail)
    Live long and Prosper
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    BURN, BABY BURN !!!

Keep it crashing till I get home, a couple hundred thousand dilith gonna buy alot of zen today.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited November 2012
    I was one of the players who bought zen at the 115 dilithium exchange rate.

Since I have spent over $200+ on zen, within the last two to three months, I didn't see any harm in grabbing some of it back.
  • auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Funny how there was 200k zen for sale in the afternoon, now there's not 20k total up on the exchange! I reckon someone has big $$$ here. :D
  • yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The problem is much deeper than just the Dilithium not making it to the exchange, people are not playing as much (see the are you playing less/more thread).

The "tweaking" to the Dilithium sources, STF's and the addition of more grinds seems to be turning off a group of players. Going from the exchange, it seems that it's a key demographic that isn't happy. Whether the size of the demographic is small or large, the impact of making it unhappy seems to be seriously destablising the game.

I seriously doubt a Friday patch is going to resolve this and with it being this close to a weekend, I can only see things getting much worse before the paid employees turn up for work.

For me, I have around 500k dilithium that i'm sitting on. I wouldn't even buy zen at 75 dilithium per unit. With the way cryptic and PWE have been treating players, Zen is effectively a worthless commodity to me now.
    edited November 2012
    High? Isn't that actually low?
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yip it's now insane. Price drops everyday.

Its nearly $100 for a stupid special project now....
    edited November 2012
    auricius wrote: »
    High? Isn't that actually low?

The price of Zen is low, the price of Dilithium is high.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just what PWE wanted isnt it.
    :eek:
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I only am able to farm about half as much dil now in s7 as I was able to before, I am sitting on around 1 mil dil, but wont part with any of it unless I can get zen at half s6 prices, so around 75 dil per zen.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited November 2012
    vinru821 wrote: »
    Just what PWE wanted isnt it.

Unlikely. They almost certainly wanted more people to buy Zen to exchange for Dilithium. Instead fewer people are earning Dilithium and fewer people are buying Zen.
    edited November 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    The price of Zen is low, the price of Dilithium is high.

Ooops, okay nevermind sorry. I was always bad at math. :)

Anyway, a lot of people recently pulled off about 170k zen off the exchange, so I expect the prices to drop a good 20-30 points, maybe 35 at best and then probably a lot of people will start to re-investing again, so I guess it's going to take a while for the market to recover to a "fair degree".
    edited November 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    I was one of the players who bought zen at the 115 dilithium exchange rate.

Since I have spent over $200+ on zen, within the last two to three months, I didn't see any harm in grabbing some of it back.

That's the real problem - i suspect the chances of you buying Zen with real dollars now is ZERO?
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The reason for the price drop is because there are no longer players running 20+ alts with the console click mission. Players actually have to play content to get dilithium. You'd think they would go for contraband, my KFD can rake in 50+/day if I get lucky (15-25 if I don't crit at all). On the Federation side I can rake in 8-15/day. The removal of the console clicker coupled with the anticipated cost on Mk XII STF/Romulan gear has caused quite a few people I know to hold onto their dil so that they can get that gear in the upcoming weeks. Once everyone has reached tier V of the reputation system (about 2 weeks away), I predict that the market will rebound back into the 140s.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That's the real problem - i suspect the chances of you buying Zen with real dollars now is ZERO?

It's not a problem at all, it's payback.

In a market like this some people lose, some win. I bought 1000 zen when the price was 325 per, so I'm jumpin all over this- to break even.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited November 2012
    Somewhat. If something 'affordable' comes up in the c-store, I may buy another Perfect World card from Game Stop. During the past few months, I haven't seen anything worth my time. I have spent a lot of real money on this game, and I don't think I have seen any solid return for my investment. Spending $200 on zen within a short period is a lot.

I love how he criticized me without revealing how much physical money he has spent on zen.
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    In a market like this some people lose, some win. I bought 1000 zen when the price was 325 per, so I'm jumpin all over this- to break even.
    Exactly.

On another note, I gave up on excessive grinding as well.

Season Six burnt me down, and Season Seven burnt me out.

I went from playing six hours to an hour a day.

I am barely working on the reputation system.

"Star Trek: Online" has gone from fun and exciting to excessive and boring grinding.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    Unlikely. They almost certainly wanted more people to buy Zen to exchange for Dilithium. Instead fewer people are earning Dilithium and fewer people are buying Zen.

well i doubt they thought it would have the effect of people giving up earning it.
    :eek:
  • joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Question, what did the market top out at with zen/Dil. I see 325 thrown around, just wondering because I'm thinking of investing now that its low.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    joenatl wrote: »
    Question, what did the market top out at with zen/Dil. I see 325 thrown around, just wondering because I'm thinking of investing now that its low.

It'll never reach those heights again - all throughout S6 the rate was around 150 (160 maybe?) Dil -> 1 Zen - even assuming the Exchange starts to recover after tomorrow's patch I doubt it'll get any higher than 140 or so until Cryptic release some new lockboxes...
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally I enjoy the zen-dilith prices falling as I am a F2P player that works very hard at collecting lots of dilithium to sell so I can get some of the nice store items, so all you subscribers that have eveerything and get those free points that do nothing for you please keep buying my dilithium. After all once you bought all there is to buy from the store what good are free points doing you.:D

They buy me new toon slots
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sollaf wrote: »
    They buy me new toon slots

Except with season 7, those character slots are worth even less as you are just compounding the time it takes to gear and equip them with the huge amounts of time and resource gating. Cryptic really made having alts and replaying the game worthless.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    I'm closing this thread down.

Uh...

Okay.

I double dog dare you.
    <3