they could set an exchange rate and LOCK it
    Both curencies are virtual and can be created at will

Thus they could lock 1 zen to 200 dilith permanently

you raise 200 dilith you trade it for 1 zen
    you have 1 zen you trade it for 200 dilith

no "market" no manipulation and thus no Maddoff moments

plus its a lot less server time
    put in a system to swap one for the other

and BANG the dirt is gone (apologies to cillit bang)
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First you want us to buy stuff hell a free player who has more time then most peeps do buy whole ships and got the whole C-Store because Dill is so low !!!

I became a LTS because my play time is limited and it had some good stuff when you where LTS now its crying with an hatt on.
    The game has a lot off bugs STF became undoable lot off other bugs Dill is far to low.

You guys are on some good stuff smoking over there because whatever the fun is we can't see it .....
    :(:(:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To be a hard working f2p you need to not have a job, life, family. It's bad enough as a subscriber which by the way gets you squat-all that 500ZEN Stipend couldn't even buy an increase in Doff rosters.

Thankyou and goodnight.

(ex-f2p)

you sir are an idiot, it takes me a matter of what 6-7 stf's to make what i can refine each day, wow just a few hours tops soooo hard. Maybe if you weren't soooooo lazy you wouldn't have this problem.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tangolight wrote: »
    Lame to do this to us? You mean the other players? You do realize Cryptic does not set the exchange rate themselves?

I don't think he does... took me more than 2 months to figure that out myself when I started to play...

By the way... do you think it's still a plausible option, that the dilithium market might come to it's senses in the next couple of months? With about two hundred-thousand ZEN on the exchange and people potentially holding on to another hundred thousand, I fear the only way dilithium prices could effectively rise in the future is if Cryptic did something drastical and released newer Z-store content at exponentially rising costs. (Which is not unheard of, as the most recently released vessels were already a good monthly stipend more expensive!) Better yet, abolish the market altogether.

P.S.: Yay! My first post! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    you sir are an idiot, it takes me a matter of what 6-7 stf's to make what i can refine each day, wow just a few hours tops soooo hard. Maybe if you weren't soooooo lazy you wouldn't have this problem.

I'm not lazy I do not have the time you comp nerds have I can't spend ours behind the machinne I have a famely and I have work I only have a few ours tops in one week maybe if you grow up you might understand what I mean and most off the Devs know what it means because they have a famely ......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No one does 6-7 stfs a day actively and successfully

so you are at best coasting

I can make the dilith cap each day (on about 8 of my characters if its a weekend)
    But that doesn't help

because the dilith requirements are massive
    And most of my fleet mates are on limited time and are limited ranks
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    also...unless the devs are sneaky ninja (which is very likely lol) the dil exchange is PLAYER driven...not dev driven. the reason dil to zen is as low as it is, is due to the fact its harder to get dil and those people that DO have it are hoarding it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    sollvax wrote: »

I can make the dilith cap each day (on about 8 of my characters if its a weekend)
    But that doesn't help

because the dilith requirements are massive
    And most of my fleet mates are on limited time and are limited ranks

and here we have another who doesn't know wtf they are talking about. I pull in an easy 8-20k dilithium every day just running stf's. Yes I have more time than others, but if you don't have much game time than stop complaining and either earn what you can or buy what you need. SIMPLE

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Well maybe they should drop the matter from starbases and embasy's to ask for dillithium then it wouldn't sting so much .

Anyway right now they loose customers over this fleets are going down because off this I see the bigger picture and not like the small minded person o it's good for the wallet.....

jeezzzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I know better than you do I have seen people try and do more than a couple of STFS
    they tend to either sit and let the others do the work or be loud mouths shouting "10% rule losers"

And don't swear at me (even abreviated) thank you

You need to either Use what you earn or stop demanding people BUY it from you at inflated prices

Zen is something WE pay for
    Dilith is something we can earn as fast as you (and without doing any STFS either )

you seem to want to exploit us
    well you don't get to
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I know better than you do I have seen people try and do more than a couple of STFS
    they tend to either sit and let the others do the work or be loud mouths shouting "10% rule losers"

You need to either Use what you earn or stop demanding people BUY it from you at inflated prices

Dilith is something we can earn as fast as you (and without doing any STFS either )

well you don't get to

Well said sir.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited November 2012

well you don't get to

ANNNNND here we go again, if you don't like the market than sell your zen for higher it is a free market. Otherwise go farm your own dilithium and stopping ********.

• Options
    auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All that is needed to balance this out is to go through the long list of things people have been asking to be added, produce them, and put them up on the C-store.

When new cosmetic stuff you can only buy with Zen comes available, there will be a reason to trade Dilithium for Zen again, The market will even out.

I doubt it could even out just like that... see my earlier post for the reason. I don't think it's *impossible* for the market to recover, it's just highly unlikely unless Cryptic takes things into it's own hands...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    And if you can't stop swearing go visit your local counsellor as you need a session

I am NOT trading at your price

And im saying its time to not have a "free market"
    A fixed rate to prevent this speculation and "Quarking"

You want Zen
    BUY it from Perfect world

I suggest anyone who has a stipend hang onto it
    Until the price returns to a fair value.

oh and when the price was 250 I sold at 170 because that IS a fair price

you see the "market" is a bad thing
    its why America is going down the pan and why half of Europe is going broke
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Oh Merciful Hera

Firstly the "free market" isn't a "free market" its being manipulated

now lets not resort to "text speak" please and again swearing

when the price returns to balance some of us will trade again

for now
    its time for the market to regulate or die
    Just like the real financial markets
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

• Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just so everyone knows - there is no "open/free" currency market in the world - none

Almost all currencies in the world are manipulated by the US gov't/Federal reserve

The US Gov't actively manipuates the US dollar - so does the Federal reserve.

Every major country also manipulates its own currency - today the US almost(but did not have enough stones) labeled China a major currency manipulator - this is been the longest and most bitter currency fight in years with the US calling on China to let their currency rise.

Most smaller countries - and some bigger ones actually peg - or set their currency to the US dollar as a standard to adjust the rate.

The dilthium market is actually not like any currency market in the world - if it was Cryptic would be in there manipluating it.

Which can draw only one conclusion - they are happy with the current rate - if they were not or sales of Zen in RD dry up - they should act like the US gov't and enter the market to prop it up - or peg it
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Ummm. I do. And I know plenty in my fleet that do as well.
    Well good for you. But that doesn't mean you know better than I do. Broad generalizations and accusations which you are so fond of using don't generally help get people to see your point.
    edited November 2012

You not U
    You are not U R
    Zen not Zne

and laughing your arm off won't help

Regulation or collapse
    thats the real world
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You not U
    You are not U R
    Zen not Zne

and laughing your arm off won't help

Regulation or collapse
    thats the real world

Cryptic are the regulators here. They will regulate for maximum profit without collapse, provided their information is good.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    and it currently isn't

I have gone from 30 pounds a week in zen / subscription to just subscription because im fed up with market speculators (or as we call them in the real world "Gamblers")

this is costing them

and im not alone
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    and it currently isn't

I have gone from 30 pounds a week in zen / subscription to just subscription because im fed up with market speculators (or as we call them in the real world "Gamblers")

this is costing them

and im not alone

Ok i'm gonna stop you right there, it's obvious you don't know how to use the exchange market correctly or have absolutely no patience for the market to flip back to what you're asking for your zen.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Im going to stop YOU

I understand it very well

we currently have SPECULATORS
    and they are running the market

thats why sane people (like me ) have stopped trading until the price corrects

its the same as the financial markets in the real world a few corrupt people caused a sub prime bubble (stop me if this is too complicated) and some of the banks went down

but being "too big to fail" they were saved short term by governments
    this has led to a global debt crisis in which debts which are infact illusions created on paper now outwiegh the GDP of the USA
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited November 2012

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I think the word you wanted was Bigot (which does not apply)

And as my spelling is better than yours (and English is not my first language) be careful who you are calling an idiot.

I am anti crook yes
    I think Criminals should be in jail
    and that includes people who commit credit based frauds and investment frauds yes

thats not "bigot" thats "tax payer"
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you do all realize Cryptic can simply add whatever amount of dilithium they want to this equation ? This isn't free market at work because it's a completely virtual currency which is controlled by folks behind a keyboard : bottom line is they will decide when and if they interfere .Comparing this to real world market mechanisms is ludicrous , to put it mildly ....
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Which is why I suggested a set and lock

regardless of the lock value it will kill the speculation and thus increase player base
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just so everyone knows - there is no "open/free" currency market in the world - none

Almost all currencies in the world are manipulated by the US gov't/Federal reserve

The US Gov't actively manipuates the US dollar - so does the Federal reserve.

Every major country also manipulates its own currency - today the US almost(but did not have enough stones) labeled China a major currency manipulator - this is been the longest and most bitter currency fight in years with the US calling on China to let their currency rise.

Most smaller countries - and some bigger ones actually peg - or set their currency to the US dollar as a standard to adjust the rate.

The dilthium market is actually not like any currency market in the world - if it was Cryptic would be in there manipluating it.

Which can draw only one conclusion - they are happy with the current rate - if they were not or sales of Zen in RD dry up - they should act like the US gov't and enter the market to prop it up - or peg it

as a quote myself above this market will be controlled by Cryptic just as every gov't does - this bouncing is temporary.

All of you need to calm down - all that matters is how much the sale of Zen from Real dollars - {ie on credit card/pay pal etc} - drops.

If the amount of Real dollar transactions turns to a trickle - there will be 2 forces at work - less Zen on the market and Cryptic intervention. Just like any gov't cryptic would not like market forces to cause wild swings - that is why dropping sales will not bring the market to equlibrium - it is such a tiny market it is easy to manipulate and lead to scary swings.

Comparing it to a major currency trading is crazy as only the players with billions can get in on the trade - small speculators have to link up with a company that does large trades through complex mechnisms.