What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re: Lock Boxes (items, etc.), Lobi Store (items, etc.) and Master Keys

Comments

• Options
    dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fully Disagree, You want the Higher end stuff, PAY like the REST of us do. Support the game you like to play.
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    some might not see this as a problem but the old lock boxes are the only ones dropping or purchasable with dilth
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    some might not see this as a problem but the old lock boxes are the only ones dropping or purchasable with dilth

As stated in the FAQ, they become available around 10AM PDT today :) We've got about 30 minutes to go.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    but they lack dilithium and zen because they spend it all recently :o

so what are the best, easiest, cheapest methods to obtain keys to unlock boxes ? :D

hopefully this should help a lot of people figure out what they can do/play in the game to open these boxes
  • Options
    martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey all, I'm stuck at work for the next 7 hours or so with unfortunately little to do (long story). Can anyone post the stats at VA for the temporal set items from the lobi store? I'm really interested in what the new torpedo and console do.

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    fangwolf1fangwolf1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well hopefully this video gives you the answer you seek..please zoom in or go in full screen mode to see what I got from 13 box'....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz26Xek6QrY&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm curious how much the new Lobi store stuff costs.

I'd really like one of those time ship shuttles.
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    @kingdox: The Timeship Shuttle cost 300 Lobi.
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5aZUPJCONp0

1 minute 10 seconds - 14 seconds the USS Relativity Uniforms are shown,
    ( not to be mistaken for Daniels Lobi Store Suit )

So... where is it?

it is not in the Lobi Store
    and i can't find it on the exchange either,
    was it even part of the LockBox?

And if not, why?

...also, just wondering, there is this 150 LOBI Store DS9 Uniform?
    It is just the basic DS9 Uniform, it was in the C-Store pre F2P, i'm not sure if it is still there, and it was part of the ... i think... Gold Edition of STO?
    So even if it for whatever silly reason it was removed from the C-Store,
    you can still find those CD-Keys in masses on ebay for far less than the 150 Lobi would cost you.

That one should be made far cheaper (25 Lobi at most), or be completely removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ransom2375 wrote: »
    @kingdox: The Timeship Shuttle cost 300 Lobi.

Cool, thx. Hope i can pick one up off the exchange for less then 15 mil.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As it states in the bottom of the website:
    Note: The 29th Century Federation Uniform shown in the video, as well as a unique version for the KDF, will be obtainable from the Lobi Store in the near future.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd spend money to get these ships, if I was guaranteed to get them.

I cannot however spend money *trying* to get a ship that may never happen.

Thing is, you're not their target customer anymore. They'll occasionally put out things in the store so you can spend your money, but their target customer buys a ton of lockboxes, either for ships or lobi. Its no coincidence the Lobi store is getting things that would've been on the Zstore before. It gets even worse if you compare how much cash you'd need to get the lobi for said items... you're paying close to the same, or even MORE than you would if the lobi items were placed in the store... and oh yeah, its character specific.

That's what STO is now. Grinds to deplete your ingame resources while simultaneously making things more expensive than before. In this type of situation it really only pays to be a totally free player or to be a whale and spend like crazy. Unfortunately most of the old pre-f2p players are stuck in the middle, facing having to spend way more than before or simply feeling like they're not getting out of the game what they used to. Many of us also have a LTS complicating things.
  • Options
    mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thing is, you're not their target customer anymore. They'll occasionally put out things in the store so you can spend your money, but their target customer buys a ton of lockboxes, either for ships or lobi. Its no coincidence the Lobi store is getting things that would've been on the Zstore before. It gets even worse if you compare how much cash you'd need to get the lobi for said items... you're paying close to the same, or even MORE than you would if the lobi items were placed in the store... and oh yeah, its character specific.

That's what STO is now. Grinds to deplete your ingame resources while simultaneously making things more expensive than before. In this type of situation it really only pays to be a totally free player or to be a whale and spend like crazy. Unfortunately most of the old pre-f2p players are stuck in the middle, facing having to spend way more than before or simply feeling like they're not getting out of the game what they used to. Many of us also have a LTS complicating things.

I agree with you, I am saving for a oversea trip next year and don't really want to speed mega $ on a ship that i "might" get, sure I want it but not going to spend money on it

Looking at some of the other ships that were in the lobi store (800 lobi's for a ship) if you work out that even if you got 4 lobi from lock box you are still spending $250+ for a ship

What i am expecting to see next is better ships in the lobi store than the prize ship from the drop box, as then PW knows it will get $250US for some virtual item that will only be "cool" for a few weeks till the next "must have" comes along.

And the mad thing is, it will work until people start looking at why they can't afford to do other things or how much STO really has cost them this year.
    Some will be surprised to see that it has cost them 1000's for something that is free to play
    Worst yet it all dead money, when STO closes down (could be years away) then what do they have to show? they don't get to keep the ships if there are no server to play on
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mrtoken wrote: »

And the mad thing is, it will work until people start looking at why they can't afford to do other things or how much STO really has cost them this year.
    Some will be surprised to see that it has cost them 1000's for something that is free to play
    Worst yet it all dead money, when STO closes down (could be years away) then what do they have to show? they don't get to keep the ships if there are no server to play on

That's where the high number of churn players come in, they replace anyone that gets fed up with it and leaves.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    mrtoken wrote: »
    I agree with you, I am saving for a oversea trip next year and don't really want to speed mega $ on a ship that i "might" get, sure I want it but not going to spend money on it

Looking at some of the other ships that were in the lobi store (800 lobi's for a ship) if you work out that even if you got 4 lobi from lock box you are still spending $250+ for a ship

What i am expecting to see next is better ships in the lobi store than the prize ship from the drop box, as then PW knows it will get $250US for some virtual item that will only be "cool" for a few weeks till the next "must have" comes along.

Some players won't care how much it costs them. This idea that folks will "learn their lesson" forgets that its an MMO and its Star Trek. Both types of folks are crazy. Dan even said it in an interview there are some folks who watch star trek on TV for free and some folks who buy spock's eyebrows for $10K. This game tries to cater to both.

I don't own the TNG blu rays because they are too expensive for me. I'm not mad they exist or that other Trek fans can enjoy them. You have to start looking at the game the same way.
  • Options
    matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited September 2012
    just picked up the chrono beams and time torp.

the 2 piece set gives a boost to chrono torp damage but the time torp isnt a chrono type damage. is this intended? if so, why isnt it a chrono type damage?
  • Options
    thepopeofbeersthepopeofbeers Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    just picked up the chrono beams and time torp.

the 2 piece set gives a boost to chrono torp damage but the time torp isnt a chrono type damage. is this intended? if so, why isnt it a chrono type damage?

Aw, really? That sucks. I was going to pick up the torpedo and the console.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lots of people getting Temporal Ships, drop rates are really good.
  • Options
    thetruthurtsthetruthurts Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have never bought a key to a lock box simply because there has never been anything I've wanted that much. At least, not yet. If you are in the same boat, what would actually tempt you enough to take the plunge?
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've payed to play online games until STO because the benifits of a paying account were way better than not, so I'll buy a key to not feel guilty playing for free.

BUT, I have not bought a key yet because my guilt is not that strong ;) Also, I don't want to come close to joining the crowd that hates Lockboxes, there's a burning hate there that can eat away at your soul ...
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have never bought a key to a lock box simply because there has never been anything I've wanted that much. At least, not yet. If you are in the same boat, what would actually tempt you enough to take the plunge?
    Prior to this new Lockbox I had only purchased 13 Keys. There was nothing in those Lockboxes that I wanted. I find myself wanting the Wells and Korath, though, and so I purchased 150 Keys while they were on sale.

Of course the only reason I bought the Keys is because I did not pay for them. :) The Zen came from Dilithium grinding. Even though I want the Wells/Korath I would not pay more $30.00-$40.00 for Keys. It's stupid to even pay that much for a single-character unlock; but you can't always control what you want. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Who knows, but lets hope for the best.
  • Options
    dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dear Cryptic,

Being with this game nearly from launch, and playing KDF almost since I started, I have always felt the need of a proper KDF sci ship. Still, despite the lack of said ship, I felt this game was something for me, and I bought a Life-Time-Subscription. I figured this would eliminate my running expenses, wich in turn would make my wife happy.

The we turned F2P, and the concept of lockboxes was introduced. I felt this a little unfair, but told myself "they have to make money somewhere", and felt partially content.

Then, finally, a KDF sci ship is introduced via the Lockbox-system! Finally, a chance to make my main KDF char complete! A good KDF sciship! Just imagine!

Well, any hopes I might have had... are now in ashes....

Having spent about 15,000 (fifteen-thousand) Zen on keys, and gotten nothing but TRIBBLE, I log off with a empty wallet, and the feeling of having been ripped off. I also go to bed tonight, with the knowledge that my wife will express severe dissastisfaction when the creditcard company sends their papers. Having reached my goal would have been a nice comfort to me, but alas.

True, I understand this is a gamble.. But how much money am I supposed to spend on one ship? Do you feel justified in receiving 150$ from a customer and give "nothing" in return? Have you ever considered adjusting the odds, or making a hard-cap, where after opened a certain number of boxes you would be ensured to get the reward? After all, it would cost you absolutely nothing to award a ship to someone having opened, say 100 boxes... (or rather 50, it would still be a 5000zen ship)

regards,
    A very, very unhappy customer
  • Options
    irrapirthesecondirrapirthesecond Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I feel your pain. I stay away from boxes for that reason. The ships are available on the exhange though, so here's a tip. Instead of opening the boxes, sell the keys for 1.5 million credits each, then buy the ships off of the exchange. Success rate- 100%. You must have gotten plenty of lobis though. reccomend you buy a krenn.
  • Options
    dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I feel your pain. I stay away from boxes for that reason. The ships are available on the exhange though, so here's a tip. Instead of opening the boxes, sell the keys for 1.5 million credits each, then buy the ships off of the exchange. Success rate- 100%. You must have gotten plenty of lobis though. reccomend you buy a krenn.

If I knew I would have to buy so many keys, I definately would have, but I was living in hope for every 10-pack I bought.... I was thinking of buying the Krenn, just to sell it to raise money, but then again, I really want the temporal-set to go with the temporal ship :/ Also, there is no guarantee the Krenn will sell, as lower-priced ones come on the market every few minutes.
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I feel your pain on this, I really chased the D'kora when it came out and after exhausting my keys and feeling depressed because I didn't get what I wanted a friend mailed me a key and the gold box (from the time they were non-binding on pickup gold boxes) and there is was, a shiny new D'kora.

The reason I say this is because I didn't wan't to come across as trolling or flaming when I say that you could have simply bought the keys then sold them on the exchange and bought the Sci ship you wanted outright, granted you wouldn't get lobi put your post shows you wanted the ship above all else.

I learned the hard way and have never chased a ship like I did the D'kora since.
    Thats why I don't buy the *****ing things. It is a gamble and one that I don't think putting a KDF ship in it to complete a build. Just wait til they put actual missions on sale. Only thing worth my time is the forums.
  • Options
    xroninsamuraixxroninsamuraix Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Real simple do you think the Lobi crystals should be bound???

It just seems a majority of the items in the LOBI store are bound and pick up. So if you want a Item for a Alt toon but all your LOBI are on another your S.O.L., so sad we are glad buy more keys:D... people are going to buy the keys how about you allow the LOBI to be account bound instead of toon bound??? That's all i would like to see, Please sound off about this any and everyone... (sent from my phone so sue me if its not spelled etc...)LOL
    Truth, Honor & Loyalty
  • Options
    kirkfollower24kirkfollower24 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Real simple do you think the Lobi crystals should be bound???

It just seems a majority of the items in the LOBI store are bound and pick up. So if you want a Item for a Alt toon but all your LOBI are on another your S.O.L., so sad we are glad buy more keys:D... people are going to buy the keys how about you allow the LOBI to be account bound instead of toon bound??? That's all i would like to see, Please sound off about this any and everyone... (sent from my phone so sue me if its not spelled etc...)LOL

Yea I agree, that's not an unreasonable request.
    -- Supreme Snoo Kirkfollower24--
    ~The House of Snoo~
    ~The Grim Reapers~
    ~Black Op Armada~