Options

Re: Lock Boxes (items, etc.), Lobi Store (items, etc.) and Master Keys

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    havam wrote: »
    yup and make em lots of cash in the meantime, WTG!

Master Keys are the only real constant revenue generator for Cryptic other than the Monthly subscribers. To sell all ships in the c-store would only hurt them financially and in turn hurt players from the benefits of DEVs improving the game. I personally, have no problem with having very rare ships only attainable threw Lock Boxes. I prefer to have less of those very rare ships roaming the universe. As for PVP I can see where this could be a problem, but the reality is that even the less equipped ships can take down these new fancy ships, it all falls upon gameplay and style of the individual players.
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
  • Options
    kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kaeaja wrote: »
    I personally think its a wonderful ship. Someone I met seems to think its an awful ship but I very much so disagree. However what I DO think is a bit EH, is the fact that its Tipler Cylinder Console has a 5 minute cooldown, I think the cooldown should be like 3 minutes or something. What do you all think? Who would like to see this console have a shorter cooldown? I mean all things considered, I would expect a Lockbox ship like this to have a shorter cooldown.

Why? Because compare it to the LRSV-R's Ablative Generator ability, it lasts for 30 seconds and has a 3 minute cooldown, and gives the LRSV-R an amazing amount of durability, well worth the fact it has a 3 minute cooldown. But when paired up with the Temporal Backstep, the Backstep only lasts for 13 seconds (Or so the information says, its likely alot shorter then that cause it doesnt feel like its lasting for 13 seconds, unless), heals your hull and shields and makes you invulnerable for the duration which again isnt very long it seems. All I am saying is it seems like the cooldown for this ability is to long, anyone else agree?

I love how my post from a different topic was merged into this.....and i got no answer...really cool :P
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kaeaja wrote: »
    I love how my post from a different topic was merged into this.....and i got no answer...really cool :P

For some reason, it is forum policy to merge all threads that talk about the temporal lockbox into this thread. Perhaps its easier to track people's opinions about it if there is only one thread.
  • Options
    kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    For some reason, it is forum policy to merge all threads that talk about the temporal lockbox into this thread. Perhaps its easier to track people's opinions about it if there is only one thread.

Eh, would still like a response to my question about what people think about the Temporal Backstep's cooldown. Cause like i said, the ability seems a tad lacking for the fact that it has a 5 minute cooldown. Its cooldown either needs to be reduced or the ability improved upon. I know it is designed to work in tandem with the Manheim Device but still.
  • Options
    darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    fliporican wrote: »
    Master Keys are the only real constant revenue generator for Cryptic other than the Monthly subscribers. To sell all ships in the c-store would only hurt them financially and in turn hurt players from the benefits of DEVs improving the game. I personally, have no problem with having very rare ships only attainable threw Lock Boxes. I prefer to have less of those very rare ships roaming the universe. As for PVP I can see where this could be a problem, but the reality is that even the less equipped ships can take down these new fancy ships, it all falls upon gameplay and style of the individual players.

What improvements to the game because it sounds to me like they spend more time making up new lockboxes/prizes then they do anything else by far.

Pwe is the only company that i know who uses a lockbox gambling system (yes not technically gambling since you can't lose but considering 99% of the time you get useless junk it's pretty close). What they need to do is make the subscription worth $15 a month atm pretty much all you get is $5 worth of zen(give more skin/color options for ships more interior options/free training token/tokens every month/extra free ship tokens/more dilithium conversion).

People who subscribe to a game are more likely to keep playing and subscribing as well as spend extra money on the side.

I have played multiple free to play games and spend more money on them then i have subscription type games but in most all the other games i always felt i got my monies worth. With STO i have spent about $20 on a subscription and a 500 zen ship both i felt were worth it but when it comes to $5-$10 uniforms and EV suit that only work on 1 character it feels like a rip. While people love to complain about the price of ships in this game they are actually the best return for your dollar considering they are account wide unlocks the last game i played they also had items like STO ships that cost anywhere from $5-$50 with most being at the upper range and none gave you any advantage over free ones besides making the game easier to play.
  • Options
    barber22barber22 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Merging all of these threads into one thread is epic fail. I mean, there are so many ideas in here and they are all about different things that pertain to lock boxes and etc. This entire thread is one in cohesive mess of ideas!!! It is now very difficult for the community to really discuss the little Gem ideas in here. What a sad state of affairs.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    darkdog13 wrote: »
    What improvements to the game because it sounds to me like they spend more time making up new lockboxes/prizes then they do anything else by far.

Pwe is the only company that i know who uses a lockbox gambling system (yes not technically gambling since you can't lose but considering 99% of the time you get useless junk it's pretty close). What they need to do is make the subscription worth $15 a month atm pretty much all you get is $5 worth of zen(give more skin/color options for ships more interior options/free training token/tokens every month/extra free ship tokens/more dilithium conversion).

People who subscribe to a game are more likely to keep playing and subscribing as well as spend extra money on the side.

I have played multiple free to play games and spend more money on them then i have subscription type games but in most all the other games i always felt i got my monies worth. With STO i have spent about $20 on a subscription and a 500 zen ship both i felt were worth it but when it comes to $5-$10 uniforms and EV suit that only work on 1 character it feels like a rip. While people love to complain about the price of ships in this game they are actually the best return for your dollar considering they are account wide unlocks the last game i played they also had items like STO ships that cost anywhere from $5-$50 with most being at the upper range and none gave you any advantage over free ones besides making the game easier to play.

Buying lockboxes IS the subscription, effectively. It's the replacement for a sub fee.
  • Options
    icellicell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Now i'm sure you all know too well about the lock boxes most of you might have your banks cluttered with them and i'm sure alot of you want to win the higher pay outs in the lock boxes. So this is what i want us to try to do we should try to get dev's pwe who ever makes the final choices change etc to change the odds on the lock boxes. Now i am not entirely sure myself but i don't have a solid clue on what the true odds of getting each pay out is i've been told it's out of the 50 lock boxes you open you gain a chance to get one of the highest pay outs from the lock boxes but also run into the change of getting random TRIBBLE as well. Now we should tell the devs pwe who ever makes the final choices change etc again, to have the odds changed I had an idea to atleast make it through a 5-25 deal or possiblely a 5-30 because if it's any higher then that it's a complete rip off some other numbers like 5-35 would be pushing the envolop a bit but still it would be better then the odds we've been given. So for those of you who want to have the odds changed come here say that you agree choose one of the ones you agree with better i will put the odds of what you'd win down

lock boxes chance rate: 5-25
    out of 5 duty officers lobi crystals space/ground weapon
    out of 10 lobi crystals duty officers beacon space/ground weapons
    out of 20 space/ground weapons lobi crystals beacon mirror ships rare/very rare consoles
    out of 25 lobi crystals Temporal science vessal temporal destroyer mirror ship space/groundweapons

Lock boxes chance rate: 5-30
    out of 5 duty officers lobi crystals space/ground weapons
    out of 10 lobi crystals duty officers beacon space/ground weapons rare/very rare consoles
    out of 15 lobi crystals duty officers beacon space/ground weapons very rare consoles
    out of 20 lobi crystals space/ground weapons very rare console mirror ships
    out of 30 lobi crystals space/ground weapons mirror ships temporal science vessal temporal destroyer vessal

Those are the odds if you know what the odds are that we have now tell me and let all the others who are unaware know I have only heard tid bits but if you think these chance rates are good then agree with this and let the people who made this game know this is what we want. Also theres something that can be placed into the lock box chances as well as with most prize box things in most games they put in what's called a Lucky chance this is when you get a possible higher payout from one of the higher numbers of the lock boxes your suppose to open Lucky chances will most likely give you Very rare weaponary of mark 12 or console and possibley a mirror vessal or one of the temporal ships this should be placed onto it as well. Now when you open atleast 30 or more this cycle will reset as if you haven't open any at all so you will have to go through the same rewards all over again and i know sometimes that's a BIT of a pain but it's better then what we've been given and i'm sure meny of you would agree if you believe that these odds are too much then make improvements add new stuff that the lock boxes don't give or if i missed some things the lock boxes do give. We want the lock boxes to be changed and to be fair lets make the Dev's and PWE understand that
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    icell wrote: »
    Now i'm sure you all know too well about the lock boxes most of you might have your banks cluttered with them and i'm sure alot of you want to win the higher pay outs in the lock boxes. So this is what i want us to try to do we should try to get dev's pwe who ever makes the final choices change etc to change the odds on the lock boxes. Now i am not entirely sure myself but i don't have a solid clue on what the true odds of getting each pay out is i've been told it's out of the 50 lock boxes you open you gain a chance to get one of the highest pay outs from the lock boxes but also run into the change of getting random TRIBBLE as well. Now we should tell the devs pwe who ever makes the final choices change etc again, to have the odds changed I had an idea to atleast make it through a 5-25 deal or possiblely a 5-30 because if it's any higher then that it's a complete rip off some other numbers like 5-35 would be pushing the envolop a bit but still it would be better then the odds we've been given. So for those of you who want to have the odds changed come here say that you agree choose one of the ones you agree with better i will put the odds of what you'd win down

lock boxes chance rate: 5-25
    out of 5 duty officers lobi crystals space/ground weapon
    out of 10 lobi crystals duty officers beacon space/ground weapons
    out of 20 space/ground weapons lobi crystals beacon mirror ships rare/very rare consoles
    out of 25 lobi crystals Temporal science vessal temporal destroyer mirror ship space/groundweapons

Lock boxes chance rate: 5-30
    out of 5 duty officers lobi crystals space/ground weapons
    out of 10 lobi crystals duty officers beacon space/ground weapons rare/very rare consoles
    out of 15 lobi crystals duty officers beacon space/ground weapons very rare consoles
    out of 20 lobi crystals space/ground weapons very rare console mirror ships
    out of 30 lobi crystals space/ground weapons mirror ships temporal science vessal temporal destroyer vessal

Those are the odds if you know what the odds are that we have now tell me and let all the others who are unaware know I have only heard tid bits but if you think these chance rates are good then agree with this and let the people who made this game know this is what we want. Also theres something that can be placed into the lock box chances as well as with most prize box things in most games they put in what's called a Lucky chance this is when you get a possible higher payout from one of the higher numbers of the lock boxes your suppose to open Lucky chances will most likely give you Very rare weaponary of mark 12 or console and possibley a mirror vessal or one of the temporal ships this should be placed onto it as well. Now when you open atleast 30 or more this cycle will reset as if you haven't open any at all so you will have to go through the same rewards all over again and i know sometimes that's a BIT of a pain but it's better then what we've been given and i'm sure meny of you would agree if you believe that these odds are too much then make improvements add new stuff that the lock boxes don't give or if i missed some things the lock boxes do give. We want the lock boxes to be changed and to be fair lets make the Dev's and PWE understand that

Since without the sale on keys it costs 2500 zen for 20 keys - same cost as a c-store account wide unlock

giving it a bbit of a premium to keep it rare - even though it is character only should not cost more that 5000 zen or $50 - which is stupid amount for a ship - 1/40 boxes - perhaps 1/50 boxes at the absolute most considering the other stuff you get

Current cost of $200 dollars a ship or 1/200 boxes is rediculous
  • Options
    icellicell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1/40 to 1/50 still is a bit much though it should atleast be more reasonable then it has been
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    it is a pain when you open a box and you get a mini Doff pack and only 4 lobi realy?
    doff packs need like 10 or more lobi
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Once upon a time you could (and regularly would) get 1 Lobi crystal, and absolutely nothing else...

Just FYI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I will post my stats later as I'm currently at work and without my lockbox survey sheet.

I got a Temporal Science Vessel on the 5th box!!

I was very surprised.

I also got 5 Mirror Universe ships so far.
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    Once upon a time you could (and regularly would) get 1 Lobi crystal, and absolutely nothing else...Just FYI.

Yes, the Ferengi lock boxes were beyond absolute garbage when they were first added.

Not that the current ones are good mind you, they're still practically a scam because the odds are not published.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The idea is fairly simple:

When the dilithium refinement script runs, bound Lobi get swapped for account bound Lobi if the account is gold. Account bound Lobi get swapped for character bound Lobi if the account is not gold.

Cryptic still gets all its money for Lobi, aside from the promo missions, and I think the best solution there is simply to raise the level on the missions to level 50, to minimize exploiting, and limit free Lobi in mission replay to be accessible only to VAs, reducing the farming potential. Worst case there, a prospective exploiter will need to go gold, buy character slots, and level each character up fully just to get their main an extra 5 Lobi per character.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I Approve...

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My results for any interested.

60 lockboxes opened:

302 Lobi Crystals