What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re: Lock Boxes (items, etc.), Lobi Store (items, etc.) and Master Keys

Comments

• Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I feel your pain. I stay away from boxes for that reason. The ships are available on the exhange though, so here's a tip. Instead of opening the boxes, sell the keys for 1.5 million credits each, then buy the ships off of the exchange. Success rate- 100%. You must have gotten plenty of lobis though. reccomend you buy a krenn.

SERIOUSLY?

The keys sell for 1.5 Million Credits each?

You must be joking.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lockboxes have become the Honey Boo-Boo of STO. If we ignored them they would go away but a lot of players just can't. Personally, I spent $50 on the Cardy lockboxes and then another $40 or so on the Ferengi lockboxes. I walked away with nothing. I spent 2 months worth of LTS stipend and opened 10 Tholian lockboxes. Again nothing. I then swore I would never but keys again and Cryptic had a sale on them. I was dumb enough to purchase another $10 worth of keys and open some more Ferengi lockboxes because I really wanted a D'Kora. Again nothing. $100 plus 2 months stipend and I walked away with nothing. I am not sure who I am more ashamed of, Cryptic or myself, but I know I do not play video games to feel ashamed so shame on you Cryptic.
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I under stand the need to bind them to characters to prevent people from selling them, but if you are using 1 character as your Lobi bank and you are going to needed to add a way to get the item you want to the character that needs it. This had never come up before since this is the first set I've been interested in.

Edit: Stupid iPhone auto correct.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lockboxes have become the Honey Boo-Boo of STO. If we ignored them they would go away but a lot of players just can't. Personally, I spent $50 on the Cardy lockboxes and then another $40 or so on the Ferengi lockboxes. I walked away with nothing. I spent 2 months worth of LTS stipend and opened 10 Tholian lockboxes. Again nothing. I then swore I would never but keys again and Cryptic had a sale on them. I was dumb enough to purchase another $10 worth of keys and open some more Ferengi lockboxes because I really wanted a D'Kora. Again nothing. $100 plus 2 months stipend and I walked away with nothing. I am not sure who I am more ashamed of, Cryptic or myself, but I know I do not play video games to feel ashamed so shame on you Cryptic.

The funny thing is, the odds in Lockboxes for Champions Online, not nearly as bad as they are in STO.

I bought like 10-15 of the Nighthawk boxes, hoping to get one of the new aerial vehicles, and I got it on Box #8.

Then I got to the AH, and see dozens of them posted, for about 200g.

Those things were dropping like hotcakes, and everybody has them. (Exaggerating of course, but still alot of people)

Wonder why the odds are so much more terribad in STO.

And if they truly are so terrible, then who the heck are all these people that keep getting ships in their boxes that are popping up at the top of my screen?

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    either that or make lobis account bound...i would prefer lobis account bound, since i have some spread around on multiple chars...

i know it would open doors to abusing that lobi quest...but i'm sure that can be fixed with 2 lines of code.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I figured its pretty well established the odds of getting a lockbox ship is less then 1%.

But some people are just lucky. I got my bug ship on my 3rd Gamma Doff pack.

Most of the prizes don't bring in 1.5 Mil on the exchange. So you really are better off selling keys and buying the ships off the exchange if the grand prize is what you're really after.

If you just want the items in the box buying them off the exchange is the best move. Its what I've done.
  • Options
    nephilim83nephilim83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Agreed. Were it not for the character bind on pickup items in the lobi store, character-bound lobi wouldn't even be an issue. Frankly, I see it as just another way to keep us buying keys. Best I can tell you is to mail your keys to whichever toons need them and open only enough boxes to get the amount of lobi you need on that toon.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    baudl wrote: »
    i know it would open doors to abusing that lobi quest...but i'm sure that can be fixed with 2 lines of code.

Considering how absolutely pointless that quest is, they could honestly just delete it. Or if anything, make that single lobi you get character bound. Like you say, I'm sure there's a simple solution in there somewhere. They just prefer not to use it.
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Has Everyone seen my results Thread in Ten forward???

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=397251

245 boxes opened - all the results - no ship:(
  • Options
    matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited September 2012
    Quoting myself for those who missed it on page 4 ----^

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

only problem is a few threads have been put here only because theyre remotly related to the lockboxes.

i put a question about why the time set (3 piece one in the lobi store) has a torpedo launcher that when part of the set gives a chrono torp boost but itself isnt a chrono kentic damage type.

this is more of a bug then feedback unless its entirely intended (like the raptors having the wrong bo layout).

if thats the case then a direct anwser would be satisfactory.
  • Options
    matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited September 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    Has Everyone seen my results Thread in Ten forward???

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=397251

245 boxes opened - all the results - no ship:(

yet i seen a dude ingame get 2 in a row.

talk about random.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Poor fella. You sound just like me. I've spent as much as you if not more and have never been so disappointed in a financial decision. I guess it's because it's a video game? I don't know. Either way, it has really bummed me out and left me completely jaded with the game. I love STO, but the fact that there are these great ships that my terrible luck won't allow me to have makes me want to just push myself away from the keyboard and forget the game even exists. If I could just ignore the lockboxes, I'd be fine. But the whole game seems to revolve around them now. It's all my fleet talks about. And everytime I see a D'Kora in sector space, I want to rush to the zen store to buy another 10-pack of fruitless opportunity. But not anymore. It just doesn't make any sense for me to be so bummed about a video game - something that is supposed to be fun.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    yet i seen a dude ingame get 2 in a row.

talk about random.

funny I caught that too - around 5.40pm Eastern- ish or was it 5pm - can't remember - just saw it flash one right after the other.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    funny I caught that too - around 5.40pm Eastern- ish or was it 5pm - can't remember - just saw it flash one right after the other.

I saw that too. lol
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    nephilim83 wrote: »
    I saw that too. lol

there are several cases of people hitting the big lotto jackpots more that once in the same year - when the odds are greater than 1 in 20 million

the lotto always does an investigation because the odds of hitting it more than once must be astromonical
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I AGREE 100%.. Lobi should be account abound, not character bound.
  • Options
    ozujskoozujsko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i only wanth to know,if i unpack one ship on fed toon and other ship on klink toon can i swap consoles thru accaunt bank to my other ship...because it is saying thet consoles can be equiped on all temporal ships...so can i svich my console from mobius to Korath to have maching set...please somone comfirm this
  • Options
    gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ozujsko wrote: »
    i only wanth to know,if i unpack one ship on fed toon and other ship on klink toon can i swap consoles thru accaunt bank to my other ship...because it is saying thet consoles can be equiped on all temporal ships...so can i svich my console from mobius to Korath to have maching set...please somone comfirm this

from the top of my head I'm gonna say they're bound to your charachter you get it on.
    Belief manifests reality
  • Options
    ozujskoozujsko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    dev blog 29

The Tipler Cylinder is part of a set, and can be used on any Timeship, including the Wells, Mobius, Korath, Krenn, Aeon or Rozhenko class vessels. If you also have a Manheim Device equipped, activating the Temporal Backstep will also cause all nearby foes to freeze in time until the sequence has ended.

so i must buy or get mobius and wells on the same toon for that,even i only wanth one on fed one on klink...:mad:
  • Options
    gstamo01gstamo01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am still bothered by the fact that we now have a shared account bank, yet Lobi remains character locked. It's a scam I tell you. Cut the TRIBBLE Dan.

Also, put the Lobi consoles in an Account Bound Box that, when opened, becomes bound to character. Nothing worse than having Lobi on the wrong toon, try to buy the console for your alt since you cannot move the Lobi, only to find out you now have a console on a toon that didn't need/want it. Cut the TRIBBLE Dan.
    You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Wonder why the odds are so much more terribad in STO.

Because most Trekkies will pay just about any amount for things Star Trek related. Cryptic is just exploiting this addiction.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I checked the lobi store for it but they only had the time outfits.. am I missing something here?? In the video (Temporal Lock Box Preview Video) it clearly shows 29th century clothing in which the "U.S.S. Relativity" crew was wearing.. I want these :)
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Would be nice to have Lobi and all STF gear account bound, not character bound...
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    "Note: The 29th Century Federation Uniform shown in the video, as well as a unique version for the KDF, will be obtainable from the Lobi Store in the near future."

Didnt read the post containing the video that good did you?
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    "Note: The 29th Century Federation Uniform shown in the video, as well as a unique version for the KDF, will be obtainable from the Lobi Store in the near future."

Didnt read the post containing the video that good did you?

Ahh guess not, but ty for letting me know and given me a bonk on the head :P
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Could somebody please explain to me why lock box fly by's are tied to my in-game notifications? So, basically, this means that if I turn this off, I won't get messages from missions and friends because I don't want to have to see somebody winning a ship being plastered right across the center of my screen?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    thetruthurtsthetruthurts Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They want to make people thing they have better chances than they actually do.
  • Options
    goldendharmnygoldendharmny Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Been wanting this from Beta.... For you non TOS fans that is S01E05 The Enemy Within.

:( the pink is very rare...
    "Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
  • Options
    mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    When did anyone care about canon? Did Paramount care about canon when it made JJ-Trek? Did CBS care about canon when it added the Temporal Cold War, Sphere Builders, Xindi, Vulcan Mindmelds, etc? The only people who care about canon are the fans - and they only care about the canon they like. Not the canon as a whole. :)

You make a very good point !!!
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They want to make people thing they have better chances than they actually do.

Essentially they are jamming them down my throat. If I don't want them strewn across the screen, I shouldn't have to put up with it and still be able to enjoy the game to the fullest. I'm fairly certain that the ad hoc studies conducted by Dunlang on this layed to rest any doubts we had about our supposed high chances of winning anything.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif