Install Arc
Options

Re: Lock Boxes (items, etc.), Lobi Store (items, etc.) and Master Keys

Comments

• Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Well, it was a Lockbox thread. What did you expect? :)

True, it is what I can only expect from cryptic I suppose. That in itself answers my questions in volumes...
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Ok then, why not simply put it in the cstore for around $150. Are they trying to hide the costs involved to trick people into buying them?

And it is besides the point, cryptic said the only way CBS would allow the rare ships ingame would be via chance lockboxes.
    That is not happening here, these ship are in a store available 24/7 by anyone willing to put money down.

yes but how many people compared to the whole playerbase is going to cough up that much money to buy one?

CBS want them to be rare. they dont care how that rarity is achieved.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yes but how many people compared to the whole playerbase is going to cough up that much money to buy one?

Exactly! Someone will spend a few bucks on Keys to take a chance - especially if the earned Lobi can be saved and used for something they want eventually. Very few people are going to drop $150.00 on a ship. Both systems lead to rare usage by the playerbase, but one avenue makes Cryptic money while the other would make them very, very little.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yay, thanks for hiding my thread amongst another.....

My thread of Lock box results and my(as well as others) estimates of odds was sent to "Ten Forward" even before the release on Thursday -I find ten forward to be sort of the back of the bus section.

Still it has gotten almost 12,000 views now so I am quite happy that a lot of people can see what they can expect from these boxes.
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Exactly! Someone will spend a few bucks on Keys to take a chance - especially if the earned Lobi can be saved and used for something they want eventually. Very few people are going to drop $150.00 on a ship. Both systems lead to rare usage by the playerbase, but one avenue makes Cryptic money while the other would make them very, very little.

Cryptic is just playing by PWE the rule book. Its a F2P game now and the Lobi store and "rare" ships is how they make money.

Also wasn't there some stat that said the average F2P person spent something like 50 Cents a month on the game? It would be hard to keep your game afloat if you went from all your players paying 15 bucks a month to 50 cents. You've got to make up that gap some where.

Also we know the forum is "small part of the player base" so if only a tiny part of the forum base spends $100+ on keys I would consider them still rare.

CBS I bet is more happy, they make a ton of cash on lockboxes as well and keep the ships rare. Why does everyone always think CBS is on the side of the player? CBS wants to make as much money on the Trek IP as possible.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    Also wasn't there some stat that said the average F2P person spent something like 50 Cents a month on the game? It would be hard to keep your game afloat if you went from all your players paying 15 bucks a month to 50 cents. You've got to make up that gap some where.
    Traditionally, FTP games have about 10% of the fan-base using money to support the game. The other 90% tend to grind for whatever they want. STO might be a little higher then 10% due to the nature of Trekkie-love but even at 20% it still means only 1 in 5 players financially support the game.

Sadly, even though I own every Fed and fluff thing I want from the C-Store I'm part of the 80/90%. Everything I buy comes from Zen earned via the Dilithium Exchange. Cryptic hasn't gotten any money out of me since January. I'm a leech... :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    thetruthurtsthetruthurts Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Thats only assuming your playerbase stays the same. Most F2P games have several times the playerbase as they did previously. Of course, the goal of F2P isnt simply to increase your playerbase, but more importantly to increase your revenue. So the point of what you are saying is still correct.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Traditionally, FTP games have about 10% of the fan-base using money to support the game. The other 90% tend to grind for whatever they want. STO might be a little higher then 10% due to the nature of Trekkie-love but even at 20% it still means only 1 in 5 players financially support the game.

Sadly, even though I own every Fed and fluff thing I want from the C-Store I'm part of the 80/90%. Everything I buy comes from Zen earned via the Dilithium Exchange. Cryptic hasn't gotten any money out of me since January. I'm a leech... :)

Meh, you're helping folks get Dilithium and in a way that kinda helps cryptic. The Zen you spend would have had to be spent anyway. You just helped someone avoid a grind, and in a way helping make this game less "grindy" even if costs someone money is a good way to prevent player burn out.

Of course you know the way to make is less grindy, but most folks don't have the game knowledge or number of toons to generate mass amounts of Dilithium.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Asides from it being a play for money which its a business of course but a few suggestions on some issues on it that were overlooked IMO.

A time ship should have additional abilities other than a 13 second rewind if you will. The first thing is the KDF one does not have a cloak and what kind of battle ship that is in appearance and for all justice to be given should have a cloaking device.

Also some have stated some facts which were mere statements of having absolutely no knowledge of the KDF but really I understand what they are trying to say. They are more concerned about PvP although they won't come out and say it so I have a few ideas that can please everyone.

The first thing is without adding anything to the ships themselves I have come up with an idea for 2 additional consoles that could be added to the lobi store.

First one is a Temporal Shield which in terms of tech... make this console a copy of the Kar'fi console and slap the name Temporal Shield on it and make it a shield instead of a console. Although I play the KDF and love any uniqueness we have left the easy decision would be just to do these with proc on the shields to have a proc chance of putting the time ship out of phase for the little feddies.

The second thing is either a temporal cloaking device either standard or battle cloak style which I would assume by the 29th or 31st century Klingon technology would be further enough ahead to have battle cloaks on larger ships :) If its going to have a high price it might as well be a battle cloak but at this point i'd settle on anything that will give the Klingon one its feeling of being KDF.

Anyways it solves the problem I have with it... Gives both factions something more out of the lobi store and supports the game so I figure if it can be done it will be done :)
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Everything I buy comes from Zen earned via the Dilithium Exchange. Cryptic hasn't gotten any money out of me since January. I'm a leech... :)

Nah; you increase demand for Zen, which causes the price to rise, which causes more people to buy Zen to sell for Dil. Cryptic makes money because of you; I'm sure they're happy. :)
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    Nah; you increase demand for Zen, which causes the price to rise, which causes more people to buy Zen to sell for Dil. Cryptic makes money because of you; I'm sure they're happy. :)

So what you are saying is I am one of Cryptic's hard working employees :)
  • Options
    ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is the temporal doff+temporal storage package/whatever even worth using? Or should I just cut my losses and sell them for around 3 mill total based on what I have?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ericsonxx wrote: »
    Is the temporal doff+temporal storage package/whatever even worth using? Or should I just cut my losses and sell them for around 3 mill total based on what I have?

Eh they have some good uses... One i know that benefits toons that if you set up their traits on melee damage or if there is a trait that was required like that getting that blue vorta melee one stack that up would make a killer melee doff setup from doing those.

I'm sure thats not the only really good setup you can pull out from using them but the only really good one I've seen so far. If you don't care for doffs it prolly be better to get something for them tho :D
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Eh they have some good uses... One i know that benefits toons that if you set up their traits on melee damage or if there is a trait that was required like that getting that blue vorta melee one stack that up would make a killer melee doff setup from doing those.

I'm sure thats not the only really good setup you can pull out from using them but the only really good one I've seen so far. If you don't care for doffs it prolly be better to get something for them tho :D

Melee DOff?

Is this like the Security ones from the old DOff packs that boost crit?

I have 3 of those and something like 75% crit on melee.

Right now, my other two ground DOffs are nurses because I eat hypos like crazy but I could use another 2 ground melee DOffs if there's a new kind.
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh I agree, the prices involved are ridiculous. I understand that cryptic removing the lockboxes is never going to happen, but the thing is, cryptic have now changed the rules.

That last statement is correct in more ways than one. The game is no longer alt friendly. So by extension, since the new content is so light it also means that player retention isn't evne given lip service anymore. Its the real reason why players are made to level so fast, so they can start spending right away. And now the best shinies are locked behind a lockbox. The Lobi store is the new C-store.

Ideally we'd all be churn players that spend way to much then leave to be replaced by new players. Honestly, I worry about the game's future at the rate they're going. They're so aggressive about making the hard sale that I don't see it lasting as long as it should. It'll make more money though.

Edit: I should have clarified, the game isn't alt friendly in the way that you can get several highly geared alts with all the best store gear.
  • Options
    redshirtjohnson#9017 redshirtjohnson Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd of loved to of gotten a Wells class, but I really am just after the Relativity Uniform... so had to stock up on Lobi Crystals... I've opened more than any sane person should... and here's the outcome.

Temporal Lock Boxes Opened To date ( 103 ) out of 103 )

Grand Total

03 - Mirro Universe Deep Space Science Vessel
    01 - Mirro Reconnaissnce Science Vessel
    583 - Lobi Crystals
    16 - Polerized Disrupter Weapons Pack
    27 - Standard Dutty Officer Mini Packs
    19 - Gamma Quadrant DOFF Mimi Packs
    07 - Temporal Dutty Officers
    13 - Temperal Beacon Storage Device
    08 - 5k Fleet Credit Bonus Pools
    04 - 100 Fleet Marks Bonus Pools

1. 7 Lobi Crystals
    Temperal Beacon Storage Device

2. Stardard Duty Officer Mini-pack
    5 Lobi Crystals

3. 4 LC
    Temperal Beacon Storage Device

4. same as Box #2

5. 5 LC
    5k Fleet Credit Bonus Pool

6. 4 LC
    Polerized Disrupter Weapons Pack

7. 4 LC
    Mirro Universe Deep Space Science Vessel

8. 4LC
    Stadard DOFF Mini-pack

9. 5 LC
    Gamma Qadrant DOFF Mini-Pack

10. 7LC
    Gamma Doff Mini-Pack

11. same as Box #2

12. 4LC
    Gamma Doffs pack

13. Standard Doff pack + 4 LC

14. Standard Doff pack + 5 LC

15. 4 LC + Temporal DOFF

16. 4LC
    Stadard DOFF Mini-pack

17. 4 LC

18. 7 LC + Temperal Beacon Storage Device

19. 4 LC

20. 5 LC
    5k Fleet Credit Bonus Pool

21. 5 LC and Standard Doff Pack Mini

22. 10 LC and Standard DOFF Pack Mini

23. 4 LC + Standard MINI-DOFF

24. 5 LC + 100 Fleet Mark Pool

25. 4 LC + 100 Fleet Mark Pool

26. 5 LC + Temperal Beacon Storage Device

27. 5 LC

28. 10 LC + 5k Fleet Credit Bonus

29. 4 LC + Gamma DOFF Min-pack

30. 4 LC

31. 5 LC + Standard Doff Pack Mini

32. 4 LC + Standard Doff Pack Mini

33. 4 LC + Standard Doff Pack Mini

34. 4 LC + Temperal Beacon Storage Device

35. 4 LC + 5k Fleet Credit Bonus Pool

36. 5 LC

37. 5 LC

38. 7LC + Mirro Universe Deep Space Science Vessel

39. 4 LC + 100 Fleet Mark Bonus

40. 5 LC + Standard Mini-Doff

41. 25 LC + 5K Fleet Credit Bonus

42. 4 LC + Polerized Disrupter Weapons Pack

43. 5 LC + Gamma Doff Pack Mini

44. 4 LC + Standard DOFF Pack Mini

45. 4 LC + Temporal DOFF

46. 4 LC + Gamma DOFF MINI Pack

47. 4 LC + Gamma DOFF MINI Pack

48. 4 LC + Standard DOFF MINi Pack

49. 4 LC + Standard DOFF MINi Pack

50. 4 LC + Gamma DOFF MIMI Pack

51. 10 LC + Standard Doff MINI Pack

52. 4 LC + Temperal Beacon Storage Device

53. 4 LC + Standard DOFF MINi Pack

54. 7 LC + Temporal DOFF

55. 7 LC + Temperal Beacon Storage Device

56. 7 LC + Polerized Disrupter Weapons Pack

57. 7 LC + Temporal DOFF

58. 4 LC + Gamma DOFF mini Pack

59. 4 LC + Polerized Disrupter Weapons Pack

60. 4 LC + Gamma DOFF mimi Pack

61. 4 LC + Standard DOFF MINi Pac

62. 4 LC + 100 Fleet Mark Bonus Pool

63. 25 LC + Gamma DOFF Mimi Pack

64. 4 LC + 5k Fleet Credit Bonus Pool

65. 4 LC + Standard Doff Pack MiNi

66. 4 LC + Temperal Beacon Storage Device

67. 4 LC + 5k Fleet Credit Bonus Pool

68. 5 LC + Standard DOFF Pack mini

69. 7 LC + Polerized Disrupter Weapons Pack

70. Data lost in a Temporal Rifft... ( I missed a box's data somewhere >_>" )

71. 4 LC + Temporal Duty Officer

72. 4LC + Temporal Duty Officer

73. 4LC + Standard Duty Officer mini pack

74. 4 LC + Gamma Mini-pack

75. 4 LC + Mirro Universe Deep Space Science Vessel

76. 5 LC + Gamam Mini- pack

77. 5 LC + Gamma Mini Pack

78. 5 LC + Gamma Mini Pack

79. 4 LC + Temperal Beacon Storage Device

80. 4 LC + Mirro Reconnaissnce Science Vessel

81. 4 LC + Polerized Disrupter Weapons Pack

82. 4LC + Standard Duty Officer mini pack

83. 5LC + Polerized Disrupter Weapons Pack

84. 5LC + Temperal Beacon Storage Device

85. 5LC + Temperal Beacon Storage Device

86. 5LC + Temperal Beacon Storage Device

87. 5 LC + Standard DOFF Pack mini

88. 4LC + Standard Duty Officer mini pack

89. 4 LC + Polerized Disrupter Weapons Pack

90. 4 LC + 5k Fleet Credit Bonus

91. 7 LC + Temporal DOff

92. 7 LC + Gamma Mini Pack

93. 4 LC + Polerized Disrupter Weapons Pack

94. 4 LC + Polerized Disrupter Weapons Pack

95. 5 LC + Standard Duty Officer mini pack

96. 4 LC + Gamma Mini-pack

97. 4 LC + Polerized Disrupter Weapons Pack

98. 5LC + Temperal Beacon Storage Device

99. 4 LC + Gamma Mini-pack

100. 50 LC + Standar Doff Mini

101. 7 LC + Gamma

102. 4 LC + Gamma

103. 5 LC + Standard

END OF LINE
  • Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited September 2012
    This recent Greed Box saddens me the most. True representation on how Cryptic/PWE considers STO a joke and how this MMO will never be anything but borderline 'average.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So saw the Time Traveler Jumpsuit cost 10+ Mil on the exchange. And I only needed 40 more lobi to earn it so I got myself some keys. Thankfully it only took me 6 keys to get 40 lobi.

I just gotta say the Time Traveler Jumpsuit looks awesome. Its a shirt, pants and boots. Of course its just too bad its not an account unlock.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So saw the Time Traveler Jumpsuit cost 10+ Mil on the exchange. And I only needed 40 more lobi to earn it so I got myself some keys. Thankfully it only took me 6 keys to get 40 lobi.

I just gotta say the Time Traveler Jumpsuit looks awesome. Its a shirt, pants and boots. Of course its just too bad its not an account unlock.

Two things about it:

It looks like a suit made out of yarn when people color it. I appreciate the customization options being there but, yowza. Could be funny on a Caitian, I guess.

It does great with the Seven of Nine short boots. I never stopped to think how allthose lines would look on the female form. Again, yowza, I say.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

notice my post on the last page... I'm nuts. but I've been begging for the Capt. Braxton " Relativity " Uniform from day one of beta, and now I'm just waiting for them to put in to, It can't be to far off it was shown in the Lock Box Spotlight Video ( of course for only second at the very end ) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3277960/29th%20Century%20Unifom.jpg

The Crewman Daniels Temporal Jumpsuit is alright but it's out of place in this lock box, it's as who ever put the box together didn't do their homework, and had finished the daniels before someone noticed his error...

There is no reason in my mind that would be a valid reason why they wouldn't have the Braxton uniform in with this run, you have the Wells, you have the "Relativity" weapons and they even went as far as to make the Relativity Bridge...

My biggest question is, Why is the Daniels Jumpsuit in here. wouldn't Cryptic want to save this for say a " Temporal Cold War Lock Box " where the big carrot in the box is the Enterprise-J...
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My biggest question is, Why is the Daniels Jumpsuit in here. wouldn't Cryptic want to save this for say a " Temporal Cold War Lock Box " where the big carrot in the box is the Enterprise-J...

This will never, never, never, never, never, NEVER EVER happen.

Not only would there be no way Cryptic could justify putting it ingame, allowing players to pilot a ship bigger than spacedock would cause the whole GFX engine to melt.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    notice my post on the last page... I'm nuts. but I've been begging for the Capt. Braxton " Relativity " Uniform from day one of beta, and now I'm just waiting for them to put in to, It can't be to far off it was shown in the Lock Box Spotlight Video ( of course for only second at the very end ) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3277960/29th%20Century%20Unifom.jpg

The Crewman Daniels Temporal Jumpsuit is alright but it's out of place in this lock box, it's as who ever put the box together didn't do their homework, and had finished the daniels before someone noticed his error...

There is no reason in my mind that would be a valid reason why they wouldn't have the Braxton uniform in with this run, you have the Wells, you have the "Relativity" weapons and they even went as far as to make the Relativity Bridge...

It could be possible they wanted the 29th century suit for the lobi store but didn't have it working right. Its a Fed costume so that means it has to work with all the Fed parts of other costumes. I figure that takes some time to work out. In the promo its just the vanilla version of the costume and that could be working but the 100+ variants players would make may not be working. And that's why it flagged to be in the Lobi store later.

The Time Jumpsuit has less compatible parts so it maybe have been easier to make.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Not only would there be no way Cryptic could justify putting it ingame, allowing players to pilot a ship bigger than spacedock would cause the whole GFX engine to melt.

good point, but that's never stopped them... just make it the size of one of those V'Ger Borg Command Ships. wouldn't be the first time that they got the scale wrong on something.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    It could be possible they wanted the 29th century suit for the lobi store but didn't have it working right. Its a Fed costume so that means it has to work with all the Fed parts of other costumes. I figure that takes some time to work out. In the promo its just the vanilla version of the costume and that could be working but the 100+ variants players would make may not be working. And that's why it flagged to be in the Lobi store later.

The Time Jumpsuit has less compatible parts so it maybe have been easier to make.

I fully understand this, but the time used to develope the jump suit could of been used to give the 29th Century uniforms a good spit shine. I wonder if the got the ranks above capt. right (according to Extended Universe ) http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/Starfleet_uniform_(29th_century) and in the video it looks as if we've got an Operations officer leading the away team, with two command officers observing... so maybe a temporal Agent Training mission or something... but I'm getting off topic
  • Options
    edited September 2012

I suppose they could have the Enterprise-J as an accessible hub but that strikes me as a totally different kind of prize.

You know, Temporal Transwarp on a 10 minute cooldown. Lets you visit the J from your location and do your crafting, exchange, banking, etc. from there and then go back to where you were?

But I see that as a Lobi store item. Probably around 200. And would probably need something special like a vendor who sells certain items there like the future phasers for dilithium.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I fully understand this, but the time used to develope the jump suit could of been used to give the 29th Century uniforms a good spit shine. I wonder if the got the ranks above capt. right (according to Extended Universe ) http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/Starfleet_uniform_(29th_century) and in the video it looks as if we've got an Operations officer leading the away team, with two command officers observing... so maybe a temporal Agent Training mission or something... but I'm getting off topic

Expanded Universe is a fan fiction wiki. Cryptic might have gone that route with higher ranks and might not. I wouldn't suggest they start adhering to fan fiction though as it has legal issues.

More polish is nice but the uniforms in the video looked right to me. Maybe could stand another pass for detailing. And they DID delay the uniforms.

Also, I generally take issue with fan uniform colorings AND with Cryptic uniform colorings.

Fan colorings of STO uniforms tend to be designed based on limited lighting examination, colors faded by washing on screen, and heavily influenced by fanon. (Such as the lighter grey First Contact uniforms for post-Nemesis novels.)

Cryptic colors tend to be more accurate in more lighting (and why I always find an NPC wearing the uniform I want to compare to). Cryptic uses black-clack instead of blue-grey black for uniforms and its command red is third back from the most vivid, not sixth or eighth from the left as most fan sources use.

However, Cryptic's palette they supply for players is missing the right shades of green for uniforms with green in them.

It's is missing an option for berry red (which is most Trek command uniforms). (Although Cryptic has the right level of lightness/brightness. Fans tend to go darker to simulate the berry color. It should be brighter like Cryptic's but tinted Berry.)

The biggest frustration I have is that things like rank pips tend to be yellow gold or silver gold in STO. They put a slight yellow tint on it which probably means silver gold is correct (and what Cryptic uses for canon TNG era uniforms the limited times they appear.) But there really should be a third set of four colors representing white gold. Only Insurrection pips should be dark grey (and they differ from DS9/Voyager likely because Picard's pips were supposed to look dramatic when he took them off) and only TOS and WoK insignia should be full on bronze/yellow gold. There is an essential "white gold" color that's missing and it causes fan costume reconstructions in STO to schizophrenically alternate between silver and gold pips.

While I'm on a suggestion/rant, I think faces need love. Particularly:

- More hairstyles.

- Addition of two scar/tattoo slots. (I was looking at this and was surprised how many of the scars are canon. I tend to forget scars except when looking at an actor but Dukat flat out has three scars/blemishes. And all three are in the character creator. And of those three, only one is part of Marc Alaimo's face. In general, characters in Trek had more scars/blemishes than I remembered.) A lot of canon non-human characters had 2-3 scars as part of their makeup.

- More eye nose combinations. (At the least, "casucasian" eyes with a round nose and "asian" eyes with a sharp nose. Incidentally, Avery Brooks has the former while Patrick Stewart has the latter.)

- Non-movable scar-like details for the face. This would help differentiate Cardassians, Ferengi, etc. Just extra layers with things like a cheek definition texture, optional chin clefts, laugh lines without having to use a fully aged face.

- Body bulk slider like the Gorn have for other species. Let the Pakleds be fat. Let humans have ponch. Let Klingons have a blood wine belly.

Do this and people won't look like an inbred family reunion on DS9. Everybody looks too young and perfect as it is. (The only other realistic option being old and emaciated.)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Expanded Universe is a fan fiction wiki. Cryptic might have gone that route with higher ranks and might not. I wouldn't suggest they start adhering to fan fiction though as it has legal issues.

::snip::

I hear you, and I agree, I've taken on this stance when it comes to extended and expanded universe content, mostly because Doctor Who and the many years it was off the air...

I dislike "canon" in a narrow sense of the word being only what was seen in a TV show or movie, canon isn't the same as continuity, canon is the standard of something... Both Doctor Who and Star Trek have a standard of being fantastic sci-fi stories.

so my stance is this... So long as it's A. officially licensed (quick edit: approved by) or commissioned by the rights holders, and B. It's an entertaining story... Fan Fic, have it's place, some are really good stories, and a lot of Trek (and doctor who ) Writers started off as fan fic writers, and sometimes, not often but some times are picked up by the parent IP
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well to get things back on track...

I just spent $30 of keys I was just given for a present and with that $30 of worthless DOFF Packs. :rolleyes:

I could've bought a couple of C-store ships for this amount. Boy do I look stupid, believing that I could end up with something good. What's even more is that there is a confirmed bug with the Temporal missions where you don't get anything and CSR says no refunds. Way to run a business, PW. It's not a scam, right? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Surprise surprise, devs response to a simple request to move lobi from one of my toons to another cant be done. No explanation given, No information other than it cant be done.

So that's great, I create a toon so I can properly spec out, i transfer my wells class to it, begin levelling up the toon, yet can't fully outfit it with the 700 lobi ive got because it's on another toon.

Cryptic sort it out for christ sake and do your players some common courtesy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • Options
    woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Probably, it can't be done not for technical reasons but for economic ones. Other items are character-bound, too. It's done for a reason and not arbitrary, whether players like it or not.
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409