test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1000 day Veteran Reward

Comments

• captrayvenwingcaptrayvenwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yreodred wrote: »
    Man i wish i could buy such a ship (or a similar ship) on the C-Store. They could release one with a different Material, so the veteran reward ship would still be unique.

Thank you for reading or ignoring, depending on who you are. ;)

Sure if they put it in for say half the cost of what soneone who paid a monthly subscription for a 1000 days paid.
    The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
    Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wonder how a convo in a real navy will go when it comes to someone saying it's ugly.

Grunt: Sir, we are ready to lead our forces into battle I recommend we take the HMS Doom ship

Admiral: No no, we won't take that ship.

Grunt: But, sir she out classes every ship in the enemies Navy.

Admiral: I know, but she's ugly, we shall take the HMS Pretty boat.

Grunt: Sir, she has LED lights everywhere, and is pained bright red, with flames painted on the side. The enemy will see us from miles away.

Admiral: Yes, but we shall die in style.

In my head they were played by

John Cleese as the Admiral

Eric Idle as the Grunt

:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Man i wish i could buy such a ship (or a similar ship) on the C-Store. They could release one with a different Material, so the veteran reward ship would still be unique.

Okay, I could go for the 1000 day vet ships going into the C-Store...for US $500.00 per single character unlock without any bells, whistles or abilities. :D
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pyryck wrote: »
    Okay, I could go for the 1000 day vet ships going into the C-Store...for US $500.00 per single character unlock without any bells, whistles or abilities. :D

or something similar to the anniversary odyssey.... a ship that's got comparable but not quiet as good stats, and no mode changes.
  • solantolvalsolantolval Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I wonder how a convo in a real navy will go when it comes to someone saying it's ugly.

Grunt: Sir, we are ready to lead our forces into battle I recommend we take the HMS Doom ship

Grunt: Sir, she has LED lights everywhere, and is pained bright red, with flames painted on the side. The enemy will see us from miles away.

Eric Idle as the Grunt

Just LoL. that made me giggle thanks for sharing :D
    Commanding Officer the 10th Fleet
    the user formally known as kiss.my.rear.admiral
  • baracura28baracura28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    It has? Or was it more like the usual "at present, we don't see an option to do this".

It is weird that they would not even put something into the game that vaguely resembles a 2409 Connie, apart from the existing tier 2 ships.

For me, it is not that I want it absolutely, I am just so puzzled how little sense this "no, we dont do it" makes. There is absolutely no logical reason not to have a ship of roughly that shape at T5. And this is something I would really like to understand.

It has, god i hope i get the name right Paramount? Or who is the official owner for Star Trek wont allow it. The only way to get the connie in was to make it the tier we have it in now. But T5 connie is not allowed By the star trek license holder.
    Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    baracura28 wrote: »
    It has, god i hope i get the name right Paramount? Or who is the official owner for Star Trek wont allow it. The only way to get the connie in was to make it the tier we have it in now. But T5 connie is not allowed By the star trek license holder.

It's CBS that says no to the T5 Connie. It doesn't fit with their vision of what Star Trek should be in the prime timeline of 2409.

If I were to guess as to why the T2 cruiser skins aren't included in the T5 fleet retrofits (sans connie refit), it's because the minute they do it, they'll get tons of people raging that there's no justification to have the other variants and not the connie refit skin. So, they just leave them all out and avoid the conflict altogether.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • solantolvalsolantolval Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yep i think your right i am sure i read that somewhere and btw it's CBS.
    Commanding Officer the 10th Fleet
    the user formally known as kiss.my.rear.admiral
    edited October 2012
    Just got home and im tired, i knew it was the license holder just forgot the name, and first one that i remembered was paramount don't know way :D (* Why ) ..
    Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sure if they put it in for say half the cost of what soneone who paid a monthly subscription for a 1000 days paid.

Really funny.
    So you think the other veteran rewards are also worth their monthly subscription fee?

I don't think so. I think the rewards are gift for subscribers, but i don't see a reason why they shouldn't be availlable otherwise. I mean they wouldn't be free for non veterans.

What makes me suspicious is the fact that is is called ship variant, so will there be an other version of that ship?

"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Eric Idle as the Grunt

The Monty Python is strong with you........
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Eric Idle as the Grunt

It's like the opposite of this Mitchell and Webb sketch:

http://youtu.be/FsNLbK8_rBY
    edited October 2012
    Got the front page opened in it's own window and refreshing every few minutes. :o

"...man, the clock is slooww..." :(
    edited October 2012
    I think the rewards are gift for subscribers, but i don't see a reason why they shouldn't be availlable otherwise.

What makes me suspicious is the fact that is is called ship variant, so will there be an other version of that ship?

U answer your own question, they are a gift for subscribers and LTS people. Thats why they should not be available otherways.

U want the 1000 days ship, go ahead get an LTS or sub for 1000 days.

And i think with Variant they mean its a Battleship variant.
  • berniestompaberniestompa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Really funny.
    So you think the other veteran rewards are also worth their monthly subscription fee?

I don't think so. I think the rewards are gift for subscribers, but i don't see a reason why they shouldn't be availlable otherwise. I mean they wouldn't be free for non veterans.

As you have been told, this is a veteran reward. There is nothing stopping you from claiming this reward, however it would require a sub of over 3 years. I hope I will be around to shake your have when you are eligible for it.

Also, this is getting tedious waiting for the blog post. They have been in work for a couple of hours now. Stop drinking coffee and chatting up the secretary. Give us our blog post dammit.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Man, 855 more days and counting... :P
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
    edited October 2012
    Also, this is getting tedious waiting for the blog post. They have been in work for a couple of hours now. Stop drinking coffee and chatting up the secretary. Give us our blog post dammit.

I agree...<refreshes the front page a hundred times a minute> ;)
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As you have been told, this is a veteran reward. There is nothing stopping you from claiming this reward, however it would require a sub of over 3 years. I hope I will be around to shake your have when you are eligible for it.

If they are like most places I have worked, Tuesday is morning meeting day - expect nothing before lunchtime PDT.
    edited October 2012
    jaturnley wrote: »
    If they are like most places I have worked, Tuesday is morning meeting day - expect nothing before lunchtime PDT.

Especially after a holiday weekend...and trying to brainstorm some more perks or bennies for 1000 day vets... ;)
  • irishhawkdrakeirishhawkdrake Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Still no post...
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Still no post...

Well... it just updated with the Priority One Podcast... so at least we know the ball is rolling.
  • berniestompaberniestompa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There is a pointless post regarding the Priority One podcast that was soooooooooooooo informative.

/sarcasm

But as usual nothing interesting.
    edited October 2012
    Well... it just updated with the Priority One Podcast... so at least we know the ball is rolling.

But is the ball rolling downhill or just floating in mid-air. :(
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pyryck wrote: »
    But is the ball rolling downhill or just floating in mid-air. :(

:: poses with hands :: ICONIANS.

(I know one of you have that image around here somewhere)
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited October 2012
    When they say it will have some sort of lotus power, this is what comes to mind.

I'm at 988 days, myself, which is a bit confusing since I bought the lifetime sub when it was first offered. If not the first day, within the first couple of days it was announced.

I'm not too worried, though, I only log in to the game ever so rarely. :p
    edited October 2012
    Bet they are all gathered around the TV watching Baumgartner's Redbull jump. :o
  • v0850v0850 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    what got Baumgartner and me in common ?

We both like energy drinks and none of us jumped from the stratosphere today :rolleyes:
  • mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    When they say it will have some sort of lotus power, this is what comes to mind.

I'm at 988 days, myself, which is a bit confusing since I bought the lifetime sub when it was first offered. If not the first day, within the first couple of days it was announced.

I'm not too worried, though, I only log in to the game ever so rarely. :p

God i hope not, that would make me sick every time i used it lol.
    Plus i am sure the G forces from doing that in the ship would throw my whole crew on the walls and ceiling.
    Just think of how many cleaners you would need on board to clean up all the vomit
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's up...
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mrtoken wrote: »
    God i hope not, that would make me sick every time i used it lol.
    Plus i am sure the G forces from doing that in the ship would throw my whole crew on the walls and ceiling.
    Just think of how many cleaners you would need on board to clean up all the vomit

I think it's time to design a spherical bridge...