test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1000 day Veteran Reward

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pyryck wrote: »
    So LTS went on sale today...whomever purchases an LTS gets ALL of the vet rewards from day 1 of their LTS.

All you guys with LTS and waiting on days will be getting these ships once the switch is thrown tomorrow.

No more waiting on vet rewards for LTS buyers.

Well, I argued for this but you just KNOW somebody's going to be unhappy.

But, hey, no waiting 28 days for me!
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited October 2012
    bleh , thats a little lame for those that have waited and waited and then waited a bit more for the thousand day reward only for it to be given to anyone who buys lifetime :x
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    bleh , thats a little lame for those that have waited and waited and then waited a bit more for the thousand day reward only for it to be given to anyone who buys lifetime :x

Even current LTS instantly get access to ALL of the Vet rewards. No more waiting months or years.
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited October 2012
    its good for those who buy lifetime , a nice benefit , just may annoy those who have waited thats all ;)
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • baracura28baracura28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    its good for those who buy lifetime , a nice benefit , just may annoy those who have waited thats all ;)

Im not sure if i love the fact i dont have to wait for 10 days, Or i hate the fact that all this waiting is no longer needed.. But atleast its for LTS ONLY. geuse thats a plus
    Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.
    edited October 2012
    By adding in instant access to all of the vet perks from day one, the LTS has a whole lot more going for it than it has over the last few years.
  • game5pockgame5pock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Keep in mind, +30 to Targeting Systems means +297 to Accuracy.

If I'm reading this right, under any normal circumstances, you should have a 100% chance to hit a target if you continue to skill for defense.

I may be wrong, but I think +30 to Targeting Systems will give you about a 5% bonus to accuracy.
  • cavaduscavadus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Even current LTS instantly get access to ALL of the Vet rewards. No more waiting months or years.

Really? If I buy a lifetime subscription I instantly get access to all veteran rewards as if I was a day 1 subscriber?
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Awesome a free ship slot. That's what I really need.

Anyone have an idea if we can take the universal console and put it on another ship?
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    By adding in instant access to all of the vet perks from day one, the LTS has a whole lot more going for it than it has over the last few years.

It does for the people who buy it now, yes. Having "instant access to all vet rewards" thrown in our faces as a perk is just going to sting for the people who got to 999 days of their own accord.

At least don't give them the accolades/titles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Grrrrr. WTF Cryptic?

I can totally see what they did there - no loss to them, they already got us. So now they can sell the ship for $250 and get a cash influx.

I just think the least they could do since they hosed us once again is give us 10 damned console slots.
    edited October 2012
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Grrrrr. WTF Cryptic?

I can totally see what they did there - no loss to them, they already got us. So now they can sell the ship for $250 and get a cash influx.

I just think the least they could do since they hosed us once again is give us 10 damned console slots.

Just remember, everything that you ask for as a vet reward/LTS reward, goes right into the package that anyone can buy for the cost of an LTS and instantly enjoy.
    edited October 2012
    cavadus wrote: »
    Really? If I buy a lifetime subscription I instantly get access to all veteran rewards as if I was a day 1 subscriber?

Once you buy an LTS, you get instant access to ALL of the current veteran rewards. Even if it's your very first day playing STO, you will have access to all of the LTS perks PLUS all of the veteran perks from your very first login. No waiting another 2.7 years to get a heavy destroyer.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just remember, everything that you ask for as a vet reward/LTS reward, goes right into the package that anyone can buy for the cost of an LTS and instantly enjoy.

Yeah, still a 250 $ ship should have 10 console slots and decent combat stats without having to transform into a flying phaser emitter.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    edited October 2012
    Yep, and I can live with that. But the ship should be a $300 ship - at least the same specs as a 800 lobi one - now that we are just buying it with cash.
    edited October 2012
    I went from being very happy to, should i be mad or not with this news? yes only LTS gets it, but all the waiting for nothing. Just make damn sure THE VET SHIP AND BORG STAY OFF THE C-STORE. To many people complaining about those things. And after this sort of backstabish i do not want to see that taken away also.

Also how about special title for the OLD LTS subbers? Something to actualy say thank u for waiting this long..
    Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.
    edited October 2012
    It may as well be in the Cstore, since you can buy it for $200 - which is a real steal for a nice ship, a shuttle and a bunch of slots, uniforms and respecs that you get all at once. Only difference is there's no step where you convert Zen.
  • greatbritongreatbriton Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    baracura28 wrote: »
    Also how about special title for the OLD LTS subbers? Something to actualy say thank u for waiting this long..

Optimism is futile.
    Klingon-RomulanAlliance7a_zps2aa8171d.png
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2012

You mean something like "Sucker"?:D
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    edited October 2012
    I would TOTALLY wear that title, all the time.
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Honestly I saw that coming. Most games if you sub for x / months you get all the x / months worth of rewards at once. I was always surprised that STO didn't do that. Either way I still get my ships a couple weeks early so it's a nice thing for me, even though I've been LTS for 970 days or something like that.
    f3wrLS.jpg
    edited October 2012
    I'm not pissed that they did it, it makes complete sense. And it's great for the people buying today, and for the game. But it's completely disrespectful to the people who invested at launch. They at least owe us an apology.
    edited October 2012
    Optimism is futile.

I can dream! I know better, but that is also a way of me to vent steam with out saying nasty stuff. And okay my new sig is also a way..
    edited October 2012
    drudgy wrote: »
    Honestly I saw that coming. Most games if you sub for x / months you get all the x / months worth of rewards at once. I was always surprised that STO didn't do that. Either way I still get my ships a couple weeks early so it's a nice thing for me, even though I've been LTS for 970 days or something like that.

What game would do that? rift doesnt do that, neither does wow, nor SWTOR, So what game are u talking about?
    edited October 2012
    I can dream! I know better, but that is also a way of me to vent steam with out saying nasty stuff. And okay my new sig is also a way..

There are no Veteran Rewards now. Only entitlements.
    edited October 2012
    There are no Veteran Rewards now. Only entitlements.

Than the old vets are ENTITLED to a special Title. That sounding better?

I dunno call the ingame title. Long Living Redshirt?
    edited October 2012
    Than the old vets are ENTITLED to a special Title. That sounding better?

Oh, I agree with you.
    I dunno call the ingame title. Long Living Redshirt?

How about "Survivor of Alternate Timeline" LOL
    edited October 2012
    Oh, I agree with you.

How about "Survivor of Alternate Timeline" LOL

We could make a mix, "Redshirt Survivor of Alternate Timeline"

This kinda chit chat is making my angry less burning and more like grumpy.
    edited October 2012
    We could make a mix, "Redshirt Survivor of Alternate Timeline"

This kinda chit chat is making my angry less burning and more like grumpy.

If they'd throw in a playable Romulan Warbird for those who have made it to 1000 days the hard way, I'd be ok too. ;)
    edited October 2012
    If they'd throw in a playable Romulan Warbird for those who have made it to 1000 days the hard way, I'd be ok too. ;)

Even playable romulan shuttle would make it okay for me :cool: