test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Test Weekend Announced

Comments

• jgabouryjgaboury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Could you include away for people who do not have a level 50 toon to receive the Duty Officer. Seems a bit unfair to have a testing weekend where only a portion of players are able to receive the reward.
  • gigaplexxgigaplexx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tholians are mean customers, but the ground incursion missions are as fun as they are intense!:D
  • nhawks1717nhawks1717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yesterday I did the Tribble Test Weekend, I played for over an hour and I did two ground missions for the Tholians, and no rewards.... Is there a place you have to claim them? And its for your Holodeck character not your Tribble one? I didn't get any notification that I got the rewards or anything, any idea why not? Happened to anyone else??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tribble rewards have historically been rewarded sveral weeks after the build has gone to Holodeck.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They don't immediately give out the rewards, that takes a couple of weeks.

And when they do, it will be added to the C-store as a free unlock.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    we are suppose to get rewards? huh none here
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Read the whole thing.. not just the part where you see that you get stuff.. the 'important notes' part http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=602921
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • spessmehreenspessmehreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Have a look at their announcement, found at http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=602921

Furthermore, read their Important Notes:

"*IMPORTANT NOTES: If eligible, these account-wide rewards will be claimable for free from the C-Store on Holodeck at a currently unannounced date post Season 6 launch. To be eligible for these rewards, you must meet the requirements listed above. As Tribble is a test environment, and we are planning on the latest update to it to go live tomorrow, it is subject to change -- please watch the ?Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes? forum here for information. If there are any changes to the Tribble Test Weekend plans, we will update this post and the forum thread linked below. "
    The Spice Must Flow...
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please... I beg... PLEASE read EVERYTHING, instead of just "theres a reward".

It says CLEARLY that it will be rewarded AFTER the release of season 6.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    also remember this was an opportunity to earn the rewards by testing the content AND by posting your feedback on the fleet bases, new space battles and particularly the tholian ground incursion in the appropriate thread here on the forum. If you just did it to get the extras, you are kind of missing the point of testing.

even if all you post was "the required hour of play went smoothly, was able to log in, accept a quest and complete it." that is better than nothing.
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ROFL good to see people still read the Whole page.

*IMPORTANT NOTES: If eligible, these account-wide rewards will be claimable for free from the C-Store on Holodeck at a currently unannounced date post Season 6 launch.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=602921

So that's the Line you missed. Really kinda an important one.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • fluffytargcreamfluffytargcream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    even if all you post was "the required hour of play went smoothly, was able to log in, accept a quest and complete it." that is better than nothing.

That right there.
    At least it would tell them "everything working as intended"
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    --- Deleted Own Post ---
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    --- Deleted Own Post ---

i just think you are wrong with your prediction
    What ? Calaway.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I did this backwards. I transferred a character and than had a fleet created for it on holodeck. I;ve gone ahead and deleted it from tribble.

Do I have to wait for any time before I retransfer it? I would like to play with the fleet options.

thanks
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I did this backwards. I transferred a character and than had a fleet created for it on holodeck. I;ve gone ahead and deleted it from tribble.

Do I have to wait for any time before I retransfer it? I would like to play with the fleet options.

thanks

A fleet created on holodeck will not copy over to tribble, when you copy your character over again it will be fleetless on tribble. You need to create a fleet on tribble for this and with the test weekend on and alot of people playing now would be a good time to get folks to help.
    A fleet created on holodeck will not copy over to tribble, when you copy your character over again it will be fleetless on tribble. You need to create a fleet on tribble for this and with the test weekend on and alot of people playing now would be a good time to get folks to help.

Shoot. I'll join the public one then.

thanks

edit: Forgot to mention that the character transferred fine after deleting the older transferred one. I did wait 15 minutes though just to be safe.

reedit: Does anyone see the thread about the public fleet? I can;t find it right off.
  • willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Character transfers are also still failing for me. Not to mention the fact that you still can't scroll through the list of characters to transfer.

^^

This. If you have a larger list of characters spread across Feds / KDF, you can only access about 5-6 of them on the "drop down" list on the character copy screen.

Has anyone verified if the rewards are account wide or individual? because if it's the latter, some web monkey better make with fix on the character copy page.

Posting on Crytpic Web Site: Announcing new opening for "Tholian Web Designer"...
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    willy01pwe wrote: »
    Has anyone verified if the rewards are account wide or individual?

Account wide. Mentioned here in the notes:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=602921
    willy01pwe wrote: »
    because if it's the latter, some web monkey better make with fix on the character copy page.

A fix is already in the forums.

Linkie: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4623231

Oh and you;re welcome.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can't help with Fleet testing because:

Your Fleet doesn't transfer with your Toon even if you are the leader.

You can't create a Fleet with new people until they spend 20 hours playing.

Because of the conversion from C-Points to Zen, you can't buy a Z-Point and get around that.

Your Zen balance isn't transferred to Tribble Store?

The Dilithium Exchange is disabled on Tribble?

Seems to me they might want to fix all of these things to make the game more new user friendly.
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A free new tribble is always welcome :)

I played on Tribble today... wow - that new Tholian ground mission is a lot of fun.
  • hellbringer2012hellbringer2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Worked out alright except for the tholians kept appearing out of nowhere. Some of the Tholian maps had "dead spaces" where it looked like it was mapped for more area but the access points wouldn't allow me to get through.

All in all - looks great! :D
  • hellbringer2012hellbringer2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A free new tribble is always welcome :)

I played on Tribble today... wow - that new Tholian ground mission is a lot of fun.

Mission was defo good - looking forward to it!
  • spencereldenspencerelden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I missed the test window by a few hours! Could we extend it just a little bit, pweeeeese? :D
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That ****ing Project leader refused to die.
  • mrbluegreysfmrbluegreysf Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I had log in probs and couldn't get much access to the server over the weekend before I ran out of game time.

Any chance for a round 2 test weekend coming up?

I want that Fleet Mark pooping tribble
  • admbobadmbob Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is less than comforting... it's just a doff and tribble come on... I'm at Tier I already (as a reference to time elapsed) and still no rewards for the testing weekend.
  • doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    admbob wrote: »
    This is less than comforting... it's just a doff and tribble come on... I'm at Tier I already (as a reference to time elapsed) and still no rewards for the testing weekend.

Disbursement of tribble weekend rewards always take a while to be distributed. I have received every tribble weekend reward it takes time but you will get it as long as you meet all the requirements. Just be patient.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    doogie74 wrote: »
    Disbursement of tribble weekend rewards always take a while to be distributed. I have received every tribble weekend reward it takes time but you will get it as long as you meet all the requirements. Just be patient.

how do we know that we have recieved it ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • jgp1975jgp1975 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That is the fun of these test weekends. You HOPE you got the needed requirements, but you never really know until they released the reward a few weeks later.

So to clarify. There is no official way to see if you qualified for the rewards. Just wait and see if they show up after they annouce they have given the reward out.
This discussion has been closed.