test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Test Weekend Announced

Comments

• nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    STO has literally been unplayable for me and some fleetmates for some time now...when will we get a stability fix? I crash after a minute if even of play....I WANT to play STO..... :mad: :(
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A tribble that seems to be glowing green? Oh I'm in.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does Ang come with airbending, waterbending, earthbending and firebending skills too? Or is this the pre-Avatar "Aang" that only comes with airbending? ;)

I hear he makes a mean snowcone
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    well One: every person in said fleet would have to do a tribble test server. Two: said fleet would need to remember to rub the tribble each hour, on the hour every hour. Three: said fleet members would want to donate if they wish.

You forgot that the cool-down is probably like the dilithium one... only countdown-ing while you are on the ground. So unless fleet members are just gonna AFK at SFA all day, the "once per hour" is misleading.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • captmack001captmack001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So once Again you missed the Boat how shocked am i to read about this test weekend.

How can it be that after 2.whatever years of testing you are still giving tribbles out i have them all and then some 99% all earnt on tribble but as far as i was aware most of the main testers were fed up of tribbles and wanted something else.

you know if you make it worth peoples while you will get more testers like say 5 lock box keys

its just a thought
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So once Again you missed the Boat how shocked am i to read about this test weekend.

How can it be that after 2.whatever years of testing you are still giving tribbles out i have them all and then some 99% all earnt on tribble but as far as i was aware most of the main testers were fed up of tribbles and wanted something else.

you know if you make it worth peoples while you will get more testers like say 5 lock box keys

its just a thought

Actually, the majority of players seem happy to get a tribble (and a PURPLE DOFF) for doing this testing. I'm also one of them. Dry your eyes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2012

its just a thought

Since the name of the server you are testing on is Tribble its quite fitting that the reward is a tribble. Quit whining, since they dont have to give you anything.

I love this. A free tribble and a purple resolve doff? AWESOME!
    7NGGeUP.png

• podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    topset wrote: »
    Actually, the majority of players seem happy to get a tribble (and a PURPLE DOFF) for doing this testing. I'm also one of them. Dry your eyes!

Actually, I would have been happy with just ONE of those.
    7n4nvF5.png
    edited July 2012
    Though I will say one thing... I'd like to see more romulan doffs...
    7NGGeUP.png

• crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is the way it always is. They wait til the last minute to tell us :)

Come on. You knew it was coming. :rolleyes:
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited July 2012

They ARE getting something else. >>sigh<< Some people are never happy. If you don't like the rewards, don't waste your time testing.
  • trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    Come on. You knew it was coming. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm:

I am psychic. Didn't you know :P
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    With the doff mentioning it doesn't affect player ships, my assumption is that a Tholian ship is the next lockbox ship.
    edited July 2012
    podsix wrote: »
    Actually, I would have been happy with just ONE of those.
    With the doff mentioning it doesn't affect player ships, my assumption is that a Tholian ship is the next lockbox ship.

Asmuch as that would be awesome (those claw looking ships would be awesome to have), its probably just a general clause to cover their butts incase someone thought it would affect damage toward players.
    7NGGeUP.png

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "Play on Tribble and complete at least one (1) mission in the Tholian Incursion ground map (found on Nukara Prime in the Eta Eridani Sector Block) and earn* the exclusive Ang the Vicious Duty Officer."

tholian incursion ground map?

Tholian Incursion Ground Map!

THOLIAN INCURSION GROUND MAP!!!

I'm there.
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ill be there for the doff :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hey, you know how you could sweeten the deal? GIVE ME A MUTHA F***IN FREIGHTER. Pardon my trolling but 67 million Ec will take forever to get and Im tired of playing doff lottery in the c-store. But the tribble seems cool and so does the doff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voidvectorvoidvector Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    im still wondering wen will you guys give us a reward for testing season 2,3,4,5 and now 6

iv tested all the seasons

but then,that would mean u would do something logical,and you would for once actually give something to someone,witch will never hapen

a fleet tribble?? meh....
    another breen???

got 8 breens already ty very much

meh....
    m89m7J7.png

join date is Feb 2010

• maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Uh did anyone think through that buff on the tribble that says '+1 fleet mark. once per hour'?
    I really hope that doesn't mean that it generates one every hour. Because if you have a fleet of 500 people thats essentially 500 marks an hour a fleet would be making for doing nothing. That would throw things out of wack pretty fast

yea if they all had one and sat clicking it every hour but u get loads of marks from playing and faster than an hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And of course, they pick the one weekend when I'm away from home this month. Oh well, have fun all. Hope someone throws the Tholian mission up on youtube. I'd like to see those critters in action.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • husnock1husnock1 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I love Tribbles. The more the merrier, and with each one I become that much closer to making my bank look like a certain infamous TOS episode. :D And I'm always happy to accept unique DOffs into my crew.

Also, REALLY excited that we'll see Tholian ground mobs in this build. I was afraid that we were just getting a "sneak peek" of S7 with ONLY their ships in the Fleet events. This is cool. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    isnt today "tomorrow" ?
    What ? Calaway.
  • trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    voidvector wrote: »
    im still wondering wen will you guys give us a reward for testing season 2,3,4,5 and now 6

iv tested all the seasons

but then,that would mean u would do something logical,and you would for once actually give something to someone,witch will never hapen

a fleet tribble?? meh....
    another breen???

got 8 breens already ty very much

meh....

They already gave those out. It was shortly after the season went live on holodeck. Maybe you did not qualify for some reason.
  • dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tebsu wrote: »
    isnt today "tomorrow" ?

Yes, but when will then be now?
    [SIGPIC]Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes? Read my posts below.[/SIGPIC]
    Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
    Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
    Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
    Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lan451 wrote: »
    What's this? Another tribble for the collection? AND a duty officer to boot?

Half the reason I have so many Boffs is to hold tribbles. :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • husnock1husnock1 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dunnlang wrote: »
    Yes, but when will then be now?

SOON.

P.S. Is the new Tribble build still going up today? The most recent patch notes are still for July 3rd...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • targpetz101targpetz101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So this test weekend has started NOW?
    [SIGPIC]This is not as good as it used to be...[/SIGPIC]
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, so an announcement on short notice with no approximate timeframe on when this tribble weekend will actually start.

Sweet.
  • stoneyfacestoneyface Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    husnock1 wrote: »
    I love Tribbles. The more the merrier, and with each one I become that much closer to making my bank look like a certain infamous TOS episode. :D And I'm always happy to accept unique DOffs into my crew.

Also, REALLY excited that we'll see Tholian ground mobs in this build. I was afraid that we were just getting a "sneak peek" of S7 with ONLY their ships in the Fleet events. This is cool. :cool:

lol one cannibal tribble later....

so are we still looking at a late friday patch release? rumors on tribble say maybe 5pm?
  • pmaddenpmadden Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OK so its Just after 6pm here in england, is this patch happening soon?

can we have an estimated time?
  • zadamazadama Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    pmadden wrote: »
    OK so its Just after 6pm here in england, is this patch happening soon?

can we have an estimated time?

I'm wondering this too. Usually, patches seem to come at about 7 PM here, but I'd expect to see the patch notes - or some indication that the server is going down - much sooner.
This discussion has been closed.