test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NOTICE: You must be using a PWE Account to post on the forums + other changes

Comments

• naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi Brandon,

I am using Game Time Cards for playing since the very first day (and I am going to continue because I still have a few of them).

Until yesterday under "My Account" the time until my GTC finishes was listed. Since Yesterday it's not "GTC finishes at XY" anymore. Now it's "Date for the next Bill" (translated from German).

So I wonder. If I don't cancel it will I get a bill on that day even if I never subscribed before (again: from day 1 I use only GTC).

Would be nice if you can give some clarification.

Greetings nahari

CAPTAINS LOG SUPPLEMENTAL: It say's "Next Billing Date" in english.
  • venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i hate this...I truly do...BUT!!!
    I must agree with greedo42 *opens microwave and throws in a bag* hope im not going to be to late to wathc the fun!!! darn I should've popped mine sooner! :D
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    They shouldn?t be :( They?re also still against the rules (but the rules seem to be missing ><) Mind updating your sig to a non GIF version so we don?t have to remove it? :biggrin:

I?ll also be looking into signature permissions, image sizes, etc. :) I saw and have noted your post later in this thread (well, above this post at the time of writing this)

Re: changing your display name, it?s not possible.

I also don?t think you can change the max posts you can see. I will ask the web team about it.

I?ll be looking into which of these we can get set to ?yes? :) Animated GIFs should be ?No?, though. I think I fixed that.

I?d like to be able to get that functionality available. I?ll talk to the web team :) Not 100% sure if possible.

Maybe talk to them about the NewForums(tm) not dealing well with punctuation as well -- especially apostrophes and double quotes. :biggrin:

{eta: yeah it's been mentioned in the thread already, but darn it, apostrophe abuse is a peeve of mine.}
    Just Adding My Voice with my personal gripes. I don't like flaming Cryptic as I think they have done an awesome job with STO so far, but it's starting to get to even me.. a loyal 900 (almost) day lifer:

• No RSS feed for news
    • No custom avatars
    • PWE names rather than STO names (i'm ellbristow... my PWE name was a throwaway I never intended to use)
    • No RSS feed for news
    • Advert at the top links to a page that says I need to be registered at least a week and have a Lvl 10 Character. I've been registers nearly 900 days (and over 3 months with PWE) and have multiple lvl 50 characters
    • New forum layout is cluttered and harder to read
    • No RSS feed for news

oh, and there's no RS feed for news (did I already mention that?)

having said that, here's the things I like about the changes:
    • Um...

EDIT: DUDE! Event the LIST tags don't work!
    ======
    ellbristow > Identity stolen by PWE
    ======

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Rule of Kobayashi:
    If at first you don't succeed, activate "Kirk" mode
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    right i linked accounts and i still have 2 sign in with this name???

this is not my name!

and jun 2012 don't think so...

• aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2012

This should not be an issue anymore. Are you still seeing it?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Yes I am still getting it. It says I need a level 10 character and have an account a week old.
  • svetivanovasvetivanova Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hey nice **** up. Lost "Stickies", Help Guides oh and not to mention Mail that was saved! :mad:
    Did you guys even bother to test and see how everything would turn out before making the changes? Doubtful.
    Thanks for not giving anyone a heads up that you would be making these wonderfully pathetic changes by the way.
    edited June 2012
    Thanks For Telling Everyone They Would Lose Their Mail Items. Some Of Us Had Pretty Valuables We Were Mailing To Characters!!! Cryptic/pwe You Owe Me 2 Purple Boffs With Beam Overload 3 That I Lost. Thank You :)

Btw imo REALLY amateur webdesign, cryptic/pwe. Must be the extra failsauce with this late night drive trough combo order..sorry had to say it
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • thejoggerthejogger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We don't need credit spammers (aka goldsellers) like 'Kisitop' (forum: F2P Q&A)

A 'report post' function would be helpful.
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thejogger wrote: »
    We don't need credit spammers (aka goldsellers) like 'Kisitop' (forum: F2P Q&A)

A 'report post' function would be helpful.

{ninja edit} Nevermind, it's a broken profile page. {/ninja edit}
    I'm getting the same issue as well in regards to the link for free ZEN at the top of the page. I know my PWE account is older than a week and I have multiple characters at level 50 in STO. Still says I have to wait a week and need characters higher than level 10.

Edit: Also, can we do something about the forum names being all lowercase? It looks completely ridiculous. Allow us to have the option of using uppercase so our forum names don't look like a three-year-old wrote it.
  • thejoggerthejogger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    beezle23 wrote: »
    It's sort of there -- click on their avatar. I'm not sure the page it goes to works or not, though.

I know what you mean - you can't report for spamming there.

Also @Brandon, I tried to access the support site, the link fails after login, says it won't complete. Fortunately though I know the email customerservice@pwi.com but this needs fixing.
  • theolopboytheolopboy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No. Your subscribed days are still tracked.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aeolusdallas
    I have been in game from the beta on and linked accounts months ago but it says I need to have a level 10character. Is this a bug and when will it be fixed?

This should not be an issue anymore. Are you still seeing it?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It is and I am, 10 level 50 characters are apparently not still enough to qualify, should I get my last two there as well?
    Correct forum join and LTS subscriber from date : 27/01/2010
    edited June 2012
    It's like I'm watching FAIL at the IMAX in 3D!!! Yippy!
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think the issue with the "level 10/10 days" issue has to deal with PWE's Core connect. I went to set mine up last night. I can't list any of my characters as STO and CO is not on their list of games.
  • controllervrelkcontrollervrelk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Exactly what was wrong with the old fourms? When you make a change from good to TRIBBLE, the complaints will never end...
    venetar90 wrote: »
    It's like I'm watching FAIL at the IMAX in 3D!!! Yippy!
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, on a side note. Can we get the date that we subscribed put back on the website rather than just the number of days? Since lifetime users get cryptic points every month (this is still true I hope) It would be nice to know when I will be getting them.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What happened to your apostrophes?

That's a general problem are just yours?

Mustrum "The last sentence is also a test, proving that I am smarter than the average bear0" Ridcully

I noticed in a few of Brandon's posts that what should've been formatting (like [ b ] or [ / b ] ) was weird. test
  • suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What happened to your apostrophes?

That's a general problem are just yours?

Mustrum "The last sentence is also a test, proving that I am smarter than the average bear0" Ridcully

This site in encoded in charset=ISO-8859-1 and not charset=UTF-8 (which supports more special cases), wondering if that is one of the issues?
  • admiraljohn1701admiraljohn1701 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi Captains,

In order to post on the forums, you must be signed in with a PWE Account. You may notice a few other changes, so if you have any questions, post them in here and I will do my best to answer them :smile: Also, if you notice anything strange, please let me know in here and I will pass along your feedback to the web team as it comes in.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thank you, I have a couple of questions:

1) why weren't we notified about having to merge our Cryptic accounts to Perfect World accounts prior to the new site launch date? As a courtesy it would have been nice to have been notified a week or so in advanced that I would have to have a PWE account to do anything. When most other companies make changes to anything they usually notify their customers in advance, I don't understand why we were keep in the dark about this and left scrambling to merge accounts. I only knew about this change when I logged into the web site. I would like to say in future please keep your customers notified of such changes. I am a little unhappy as how this all went down and I am really not too thrilled on most of these unexpected changes to the website

2) Why is the dev tracker blank? it shows 0 posts, will that change? dev tracker seems to be working now so, this has been answered

3) why are past dev posts on release notes show up as "Perfect World User"?

additional questions:

4) How do I check ingame email from the webstie now? I click veiw private messages and it shows 0.
    5) What is happening with the c-store? is it being turned into the Zen Store? Will current prices on items be changed under the new Zen?
    Btw that Facebook floating screen drives me nuts when I try to read important things, can that be some how changed? I am more interested in what the dev blog or other news articals say then who likes Star Trek Online.
    6) How do I change the Avatar pic?

Added bullets but, because the forum background is black the bullets couldn't even be seen.

Thanks
    Actual join date: Aug 2010
    1000+ day veteran :)
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /poke Branflakes

I know you're around these parts B! :tongue:

I kid, I kid, but I'm still having some issues with my in game mail and logging into the game itself. I posted this rather late last night, so I'm not sure if you got a chance to read it or not:
    lan451 wrote: »
    Just to let you know, my in game mail is gone as well.

Screenshot of my inbox that I took just now.

As you can see, it's empty. I should have three mails in there. The first one should have two blue BOffs attached to them. The next two should each have 5 Klingon DOffs attached to them. So I'm missing 2 Fed BOffs and 10 KDF DOffs.

Also I don't know if this has anything to do with the forum update, but I'm having a ton of trouble logging into the game itself. When logging in, I instantly lose connection and go back to the log in screen. The log in screen then refuses my password by telling me that it's incorrect. I then have to shut down the game to desktop and relaunch the launcher. When I do, I get another error: http://i.imgur.com/VVdR5.jpg

I have to click "no" several times for it to clear. After that I can get to the character select, but I always have to use the safe log in feature because the game tells me an error occurred while loading my character.

If it helps any, I've had my accounts merged since the beginning. I'm not a newly merged account.

Edit: I should add that the log in issue only popped up today. I had no problems yesterday.

I know you guys have a ton of issues going on right now, but I figure instead of raging at you, I'd just give you a slight /poke. :smile:
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No. Your subscribed days are still tracked. I logged in to check my personal account and it shows that I?ve been subscribed for 888 Days. If you are not seeing your day count, please file a support ticket through the link in my signature.

Where precisely is it supposed to tell you how many days you've been subscribed for? My account page currently offers zero useful information about anything.

EDIT: Okay, for some odd reason it kept showing me my account page on PWE's main site, rather than the one directly linked to STO.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Click on the "Create / Manage Subscriptions" link at the bottom right of your account page.

Oh! they have the days above that now!
  • babyatreyubabyatreyu Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2012
    so i put in a ticket about 2 days ago, no response, i have a billing issue and ive been calling 888 344 4478 since it happened and its kinda funny how its just automated to hang up on u. So i guess the question is, who do i need to talk to to get an issue resolved that isnt an automated email gerneric response sender, or a automated hang up on you ai on the phone
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, I can log in now (just not through Steam like I used to), and go long enough without getting booted to actually get some substantial playing time in. And I did get my linking reward, though I did have to hunt for it a bit in the C-store. And I can access my C-store balance now too. So, that's something, I guess.

Alas, the forums are still messed up. Otherwise I'd be a happy camper again, as opposed to a still-rather-irritated one.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, I can log in now (just not through Steam like I used to), and go long enough without getting booted to actually get some substantial playing time in.

Ohh you're lucky! I still can't get in on any sort of consistent basis and when I do get in, I get booted. After being booted the 4th time today, I gave up lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thejogger wrote: »
    I know what you mean - you can't report for spamming there.

Also @Brandon, I tried to access the support site, the link fails after login, says it won't complete. Fortunately though I know the email customerservice@pwi.com but this needs fixing.

A got a response back on the "we need to method to report spammers and abusers" ticket I filed yesterday.

We're supposed to manually PM the moderators.

lovely.
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Am I working now?
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't care about the changes. I just want to see what my avatar is going to be.

(Edit: Starfleet, eh?)
    <3
  • wulfman2ndwulfman2nd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Very anyoing, lost my screen name that I had since the launch. I would have expected that at least the display name would be kept. I can understand teh account name not being teh same but NO ... also teh display name is gone.

Very badly handled by PW and Cryptic !
  • targpetz101targpetz101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    where's my avatar and sig?
    [SIGPIC]This is not as good as it used to be...[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.