What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *Gyunei walks over to Markon and lifts him up, ripping the knife away and throwing it aside. He starts choking him*

*Markon breaks the hold before punching Gyunei across the face and slamming him back into a wall and kicking the back of his right knee, dislocating it.*
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    OOC: Well, Enterprise is a famous name in exploration and war (HMS Enterprize, U.S.S. Enterprise, U.S.S. Enterprise CV-6, U.S.S. Enterprise CVN-65, Orbiter Enterprise (granted she never actually went into orbit and was actually named after the Star Trek ship, but it still counts, since it was shown in Archer's ready room), Enterprise NX-01 and the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC 1701s) and the Republic is in that situation. Besides, there's no reason they can't have one. The Royal Navy operates a survey ship called the H.M.S. Enterprise even while the CVN-65 was still in service. As long as it has the Republic IFF and prefix (R.S.S.), it's fine.

*OOC: Fair enough*
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Markon breaks the hold before punching Gyunei across the face and slamming him back into a wall and kicking the back of his right knee, dislocating it.*

*Gyunei roaring snaps it back and soon continues his rampage picking Markon up and tosses him into a stone wall and begins beating him into it with rabid punching and power punching.*
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Gyunei roaring snaps it back and soon continues his rampage picking Markon up and tosses him into a stone wall and begins beating him into it with rabid punching and power punching.*

OOC: Can you please pm me with what you intend to do here? Because I'm not killing Markon off.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    OOC: Can you please pm me with what you intend to do here? Because I'm not killing Markon off.

*OOC: I think Terry interrupting is good enough.. Trust me Markon will get his shot. *
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *OOC: I think Terry interrupting is good enough.. Trust me Markon will get his shot. *

OOC: Well, do you want to have Terry interfere then, cause I like keeping my fight scenes within sensible bounds and, even with Klingon strength, there's no way Markon can fight Gyunei off right now.

Also, what species is Gyunei? There is no way a normal human could take getting hid knee dislocated and re-attacked without collapsing in agony, so that implies Gyunei is some kind of super soldier (possible, since he's based on Bane) or a new-type (since I actually don't fully understand the physical implications of being a new type, only the metaphysical. I use the posts you've made on new-type powers and the Gary Mitchell incident to make my judgements on new-type powers)

On another note, unless Gary Mitchell is at the top of the scale, shouldn't all new-type's effectively be Gods?

P.S. I know it's slightly hypocritical for me to talk about keeping fights within sensible bounds when I had Tara tackle Melani out of a second-storey window and run away from it, but, in my own defence, I had something to break their fall, and surviving a one-storey drop isn't exactly improbable. Surviving without broken bones is another matter but, again, something (treknobabble-polymer fabric) broke their fall and Melani hit the ground first (and as I've already established, Orions have a higher pain threshold than humans. Admittedly, that's to address Orion males heavy near-Vulcan levels of strength while females apparently don't).

On an unrelated note, what did you think of my Vulcanus post? Feel free to reread it if you need to, but I'm, really interested in you guys giving me an opinion on how I've portrayed Soval and T'mar (and the situation as a whole) in that post.

And, I know I keep saying it, but feel free to get more involved in the Pegasus Galaxy! I feel lonely doing it by myself. :(

...along with the Republic, the Iconians, etc. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    OOC: Well, do you want to have Terry interfere then, cause I like keeping my fight scenes within sensible bounds and, even with Klingon strength, there's no way Markon can fight Gyunei off right now.

Also, what species is Gyunei? There is no way a normal human could take getting hid knee dislocated and re-attacked without collapsing in agony, so that implies Gyunei is some kind of super soldier (possible, since he's based on Bane) or a new-type (since I actually don't fully understand the physical implications of being a new type, only the metaphysical. I use the posts you've made on new-type powers and the Gary Mitchell incident to make my judgements on new-type powers)

On another note, unless Gary Mitchell is at the top of the scale, shouldn't all new-type's effectively be Gods?

P.S. I know it's slightly hypocritical for me to talk about keeping fights within sensible bounds when I had Tara tackle Melani out of a second-storey window and run away from it, but, in my own defence, I had something to break their fall, and surviving a one-storey drop isn't exactly improbable. Surviving without broken bones is another matter but, again, something (treknobabble-polymer fabric) broke their fall and Melani hit the ground first (and as I've already established, Orions have a higher pain threshold than humans. Admittedly, that's to address Orion males heavy near-Vulcan levels of strength while females apparently don't).

On an unrelated note, what did you think of my Vulcanus post? Feel free to reread it if you need to, but I'm, really interested in you guys giving me an opinion on how I've portrayed Soval and T'mar (and the situation as a whole) in that post.

And, I know I keep saying it, but feel free to get more involved in the Pegasus Galaxy! I feel lonely doing it by myself. :(

...along with the Republic, the Iconians, etc. :P

*OOC: Gyunei is one of those humans that has been effectively made an augment by section 31. Hence his really light ability to feel pain..

Almost everything done under the sun artificially was done to this guy... So he is the example of Frankenstein or no longer a normal man anymore. Basically a killing machine. The growth of newtypes I intentionally toned down because I did not want supermen.. and if I did they would be unstable so Gyunei falls under that one and it is possible to kill him and I suspect Markon can do it or Terry.

Basically I do intend to focus more on how unstable the process was and what exactly done to him made him this way.

I did respond to the Soval bit which I am surprised he is still alive but it is welcome. Plus don't feel lonely Kenway is supposed to be a rogue but not an evil one.

But on the part of growth.. Innovation is something I think we should discuss as something that can be interesting.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Terry and the Preserver make their way up and come upon the Romulans with a Klingon woman. *

Terry: Stop right there Citadel agent.. You are under arrest..

*Their weapons come up but the Preserver knocks them away and fires at them killing two and wounding one...*

Terry: Captain Allen to ship send down security teams we have a prisoner and a person in need of medical attention..

Phillips *over the comm*: Sending the Security teams.. Federation squads caught wind of the violence and are sending ground teams...

Terry: Alright I am going up ahead.

*The Preserver stays as he binds the romulan in cuffs.*

*Flights of stairs go by as Terry happens upon Gyunei pounding on Markon... *

Terry: That is enough...

*a telekinetic burst tosses Gyunei off the Klingon and he stands up*

Gyunei: Ah young man.. James Allen's son

Terry: So what.. I am not going to let you kill anymore people.

Gyunei: Say what you will.. I know a unnatural human when I see one. We are identical...

Terry: Bull****.. I don't kill indiscriminately or follow a mad man.

Gyunei: Ah but you see son of James. He is trying to make the galaxy a better place.

*The Romulan vessel arrives and Gyunei gets on*

We will meet again.. Young man..

*The vessel closes the hatch and speeds away*
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Terrace: report

Officer : sir we have reached jehrico 7 sir.

Nearby medusa cascade

Cooper: open fleet wide com.

Rebel: officer: comm open sir.

Cooper: everyone we will reclaim what is ours by right. This regeim has softened the unsc we will make it strong and a super power once again.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    OOC: since i wont be on till later tomorrow going to go ahead and start this now

Jacob is at his house on Jehirco 7 in a sub level working on an upgraded suit.

Mac : sir you have been working on this suit for 48 hours i believe you should get some rest.

Jacob: not until im finished we have to be ready when they attack again cause you know it will be bigger and more organized. We know who there leader is and he knows what i can do so we need to be ready. Ok lets take this baby out for a spin.

He activates the armor as it forms around him and his HUD comes up.

Jacob: ok sound off on all power levels lets make sure we are good

Mac: all power levels at 150 percent

Jacob: alright well that did work.

Mac : sir i notice you have changed the weapon loadout

Jacob: yeah i wanted more all purpose weapons and greater speed and shield power. WE also added that new cloak technology UNIT created. Alright thats good firefly how do you like the new suit?

Firefly walks in wearing a specialized suit much like his last only with a few major upgrades in technology

Firefly: i like it very mobile

Jacob: good dont wreck this one i have emergency back ups at different locations just incase. Im going to have you go back to the Harvenger in the milky way for now ok.

Firefly: very well

As firefly leaves jacob steps out of his suit.

Jacob: ok well with that done i do think we can finally rest. Mac put the whole place on full security while i sleep.

Mac: very well sir.

Medusa Cascade

Cooper: how long till we are ready

Rebel Officer: by tomorrow night all units will be ready

Cooper: good remember that i will deal with the president and Jacob they will be meeting tomorrow we will strike when they are together.

Rebel Officer: aye sir

Cooper smiles as he watches the UNSC home fleet unaware of whats coming to them tomorrow.

OOC: ok so i will explaine whats going on with cooper more tomorrow when he fights jacob cause they will be much more evenly mached then Jacob thinks. I will point out now that cooper went through many of the UNSCs earlier genetic experiments so there is alot he can do. But the fight scene ill do tomorrow cause ive been up way to long now and need to go to bed so i work till 7 tomorrow and probably wont post till after that.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *R.S.S. Enterprise, Daros IV Fleetyards. Matt walks onto the Bridge.*

Thompson: Admiral on deck!

Matt: As you were.

*Thompson walks over.*

Are we ready to launch?

Thompson: Aye, sir.

Matt: Good. Well, I'll let you get on with it. You know your orders.

Thompson: You don't want to handle the launch yourself, sir?

Matt: I wouldn't dream of denying you that privilege, Commander.

Thompson: With respect, sir...

*Thompson gestures to the centre chair.*

I insist.

*Matt smiles before sitting down in the centre chair, with Thompson sitting in the First Officer chair on his right.*

Matt: Ops, status report.

Ops: All stations ready to embark. We have been cleared for launch by the quartermaster.

Matt: Alright. Bridge to Engineering, bring main power online.

Chief Engineer *Over Comm*: Understood. Initialising primary fusion reactors.

Ops: Confirmed. Main power online.

We're under our own power now, Admiral.

Matt: Bring the warp core online and impulse drive to station-keeping.

Helm: Impulse engines at station-keeping.

Chief Engineer *Over Comm*: Warp Core online and stable. Subspace Coil is functioning. MAMs are green across the board.

Matt: Engage service floods and navigation lights.

*The floods across the ship shine on the name and registry on the saucer, nacelles and side of the secondary hull.*

Ops: Service floods, aye.

Matt: Retract docking clamps. Clear all moorings.

Ops: Docking clamps... retracted. Moorings cleared.

Matt: Helm, take us out, one-quarter impulse.

Helm: Sir, regulations state thrusters only while in spacedock.

Thompson: Ensign, the Admiral is well aware of the regulations.

Helm: ...aye, sir.

Matt: One-half thrusters, ensign.

Helm: Thrusters, aye.

*The Enterprise slowly crawls away from her drydock as worker bees clear the dock. withing a minute, she's clear and turns away towards the outer marker, increasing to one-quarter impulse.*

We're away.

Matt: Alright, Commander, you have the Bridge.

*Matt stands and starts heading for the turbolift.*

Thompson: Aye, Admiral.

*Matt soon enters the turbolift heading for his quarters.*

Helm, set course for Starbase 21 and engage at warp 7 as soon as we clear the outer marker.

Helm: Aye, sir.

Thompson: And Ensign, he was just testing you with the impulse comment. Anyone else might have breached regulations on those orders. Nice work.

Helm: Aye, sir.

*Matt's Quarters. Matt walks in and starts unpacking. He looks back at his computer terminal and finds 4 new messages. He opens them in sequence:

(Message 1)

Subject: R.S.S. Enterprise

Vice Admiral, you will find enclosed a full dossier on the capabilities of the Enterprise as well as your standing orders should you arrive prior to the commencement of negotiations with the Romulans. Past that point, you will receive new instructions from Ambassador R'iak.

I wish there were greater time to test the Enterprise before her official launch, but time is a luxury we don't have in abundance. Good luck, Admiral. I will be in touch.

(Message 2)

From: Captain Donald Reynolds. R.S.S. Hood, Pegasus Command, in Pegasus Prime orbit

Subject: Your daughter

Matt, I thought you should know that your daughter, Dani, has arrived aboard safely and has already been dropped off at PegComm. I spoke to her while she was aboard and, I have to say, hell of a daughter you have there. From her service record, she may as well be given a commission right now.

- Faithfully,
    Don

(Message 3)

Subject: Crew transfer request

Vice Admiral, it is our pleasure to inform you that the following officers have accepted your transfer requests to R.S.S. Enterprise;

Lieutenant George Coventry, Republic Naval Forces, Medical Branch.

Lieutenant Commander M'ran, Republic Naval Forces, Astrophysics.

Lieutenant Jane Newcastle, Republic Naval Forces, Medical Branch.

Commander William Forbes, Republic Naval Forces, Command Branch.

(Message 4)

From: Ambassador R'iak. Republic of United Star Systems Embassy, Citadel.

Subject: New Orders.

Negotiations never took place, Matt. I've just received word that Emperor Jorat has officially cited claim to Dazon II and has annexed it. He's given our people 2 days to evacuate before he sends in the Imperial Fleet.

Councillor Ki'ala has stated that the Republic will not consider any demand made under threat of military action. We're evacuating the system, but the 2nd Fleet is being sent in to ensure that the Romulans do not invade.

As soon as you've gotten the Enterprise ready for action, rendezvous with them at Dazon II and take direct command. Don't let the Romulans take Dazon II without a fight.

God help us all.

-Ambassador R'iak.*

Matt: Damn.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ooc: going to get things rolling so I can finish it when I get off.

Jacob walks into the presidents office.

Jacob: you wanted to see me.

Jehriom: yes Jacob I did. As you know we have a situation with cooper as he seems to be leading the insurection

Jacob: I do have people looking into it

Jehriom: we need him brought in soon if he doesn't who knows the kind of problems he will create.

Jacob: of course....

Alarms start sounding

Odst: sir enemy ships have engaged the home fleet in orbit.

Jacob: get the president out of here. Mac I need Mk 75 now.

Mac: Mk 75 in bound sir.

Ooc: will be gone most the day now.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Terry heads to Markon and props him up as Klingon and Federation medical arrives, Wax is being taken in as well and the lone Romulan into custody. *

Terry: Captain Allen to Possibility... since the Federation and the Klingons ...

Wax: Captain... Come over here..

Terry: What is it Chancellor?

Wax: Take that woman to Holtz. It is the key to the preservation of our race...

Terry: I will.. take it easy...

Wax: You are your father's son.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Jacob pulls out his pistol firing at two rebels as they enter the room.

Jacob: mac where is she!

Mac: arriving now sir.

The suit blows through a wall as Jacob runs over to it and steps in.

Jacob: ok lets play.

He fires the repulsors blowing away another group of rebels.

Jacob: mister president follow me.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Vulcanus. Drake and Jack are walking through the streets, shocked by the suffering around them.*

Jack: You okay, Dan?

Drake: The Vulcans have always been such a strong unbreakable people and now... look...

*S.S. Tora Zhiyal, Tara's quarters. Tara is sleeping, dreaming. She is walking-- on a starship's hull? She feels the EV suit chafing on her skin, but, she doesn't actually feel it.

Suddenly, she wakes up.*

Tara: Not again.

*2 hours later. Tara is being examined in sickbay. Drake and Jack are both present.*

I don't know how to decribe it. It felt real but... didn't. I mean, I couldn't feel the EV suit, but it felt like I could.

Kenar: And you say you've had this before?

Tara: It comes and goes. Sometimes I'll have it for days and then nothing for weeks. Others I'll have it for weeks then nothing for a day.

Kenar: Alright. Here...

*He passes her a hypo.*

That should help you sleep.

Tara: Thanks.

*Tara walks out. Kenar nods to Drake and leads him into his office.*

Drake: Well?

Kenar: I think I know what's with her.

Drake: And that is?

Kenar: Mindjacked.

Drake: Okay, I'll repeat. And that is?

Kenar: Basically, someone else's experiences were getting broadcast into her mind. It's a rare occurence, but I've seen it before. Strong latent telepaths sometimes suffer from it - they pull in experiences from someone nearby while they're asleep.

Since Tara's not telepathic, it means she wasn't the cause of the broadcast.

Drake: Then what was?

Kenar: You may want some coffee. This'll take some explaining.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Vulcanus. Drake and Jack are walking through the streets, shocked by the suffering around them.*

Jack: You okay, Dan?

Drake: The Vulcans have always been such a strong unbreakable people and now... look...

*S.S. Tora Zhiyal, Tara's quarters. Tara is sleeping, dreaming. She is walking-- on a starship's hull? She feels the EV suit chafing on her skin, but, she doesn't actually feel it.

Suddenly, she wakes up.*

Tara: Not again.

*2 hours later. Tara is being examined in sickbay. Drake and Jack are both present.*

I don't know how to decribe it. It felt real but... didn't. I mean, I couldn't feel the EV suit, but it felt like I could.

Kenar: And you say you've had this before?

Tara: It comes and goes. Sometimes I'll have it for days and then nothing for weeks. Others I'll have it for weeks then nothing for a day.

Kenar: Alright. Here...

*He passes her a hypo.*

That should help you sleep.

Tara: Thanks.

*Tara walks out. Kenar nods to Drake and leads him into his office.*

Drake: Well?

Kenar: I think I know what's with her.

Drake: And that is?

Kenar: Mindjacked.

Drake: Okay, I'll repeat. And that is?

Kenar: Basically, someone else's experiences were getting broadcast into her mind. It's a rare occurence, but I've seen it before. Strong latent telepaths sometimes suffer from it - they pull in experiences from someone nearby while they're asleep.

Since Tara's not telepathic, it means she wasn't the cause of the broadcast.

Drake: Then what was?

Kenar: You may want some coffee. This'll take some explaining.

*OOC: Mindjack??? Please tell me that is not a reference to that god awful game... If not okay I can deal with it. *
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Terry is back on the Possibility the Klingon woman in sick bay being cared for... he is in the QEC room speaking with Bright and the Council and Voporak on a listening channel.*

Terry: That is my report Councilors... Admiral.

Bright: So the Romulans attacked the First City to capture a Klingon Immune to the plague. That is insane... and an act of war... Does Jorat really think that he can beat this enemy and all of us?

Fed Council member: It seems that this act was something that the Republic did not see coming. Nonetheless we need you Captain Allen to proceed to your original mission and try and prevent an unnecessary conflict.

Terry: Yes sir I will take the ship there at full speed...

*The Council leaves the comm and closes it.*

Terry: *On Voporak's Comm* You might want to make sure this Klingon gets to these coordinates and stays in good health.. This is perhaps our best chance to end the plague. Be careful the Romulans are still after her...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *OOC: Mindjack??? Please tell me that is not a reference to that god awful game... If not okay I can deal with it. *

OOC: I've never even heard of that game, so don't worry.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Jacob fires a few blast as he tries to continue getting the president out of the building.

Jacob: firefly where are you.

Firefly : they attacked the house already in salvaging what I cam to take to the alpha site.

Jacob: good you get what you can we will meet you there.

He slams a rebel into the wall while blocking shoots made at the president. He clears the open atrium

Jacob: mac sorry but switch me to Roland 2.0 I need to know what's going on in space.

Mac: understood sir I'll transfer to firefly.

Roland: the situation is stable for the moment the home fleet has it contained and it helped the 9th battle group was doing war games in system

Jacob: mr president you ready to leave.

He turns around to see cooper flanked by two heavy drones holding the president by the throat as he is killed.

Jacob: No!!

Cooper: now now like you all really had a chance.

He gestures as the drones move forward which Jacob easily takes out.

Jacob: you made a big mistake.

Coopers eyes glow a orangish yello

Cooper: I don't think so.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Jacobs moves to fire a blast at cooper who dodges it and throws a grenade at Jacob the grenade causes a bigger explosion the expected sending Jacob through a large glass window of the atrium. He gets up and blocks a attack by cooper.

Cooper: you can't stop what I'm doing. No one can.

Jacob: you know what that means then. I'm going to stop you.

Jacob jets up as cooper through another grenade then pulling out two pistols heavily modified he begins firing at Jacob.

Jacob flies in low hurtling cooper through a wall.

Jacob: come on how slow are you.

Cooper: oh I've had years to prepare for this. And you know how many enemies you have. There's one that really hates you and you know what you even made him.

Jacob : no!

Cooper: fires a blast of energy from his hands which sends Jacob about 10 feet back.

Jacob shakes his head as his hub comes back up

Roland2 : sir the shields can't tale another hit of that magnitude. Also I have been scanning him. It appears he has fused parts of ultron into his body.

Jacob : just great.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *Terry is back on the Possibility the Klingon woman in sick bay being cared for... he is in the QEC room speaking with Bright and the Council and Voporak on a listening channel.*

Terry: That is my report Councilors... Admiral.

Bright: So the Romulans attacked the First City to capture a Klingon Immune to the plague. That is insane... and an act of war... Does Jorat really think that he can beat this enemy and all of us?

Fed Council member: It seems that this act was something that the Republic did not see coming. Nonetheless we need you Captain Allen to proceed to your original mission and try and prevent an unnecessary conflict.

Terry: Yes sir I will take the ship there at full speed...

*The Council leaves the comm and closes it.*

Terry: *On Voporak's Comm* You might want to make sure this Klingon gets to these coordinates and stays in good health.. This is perhaps our best chance to end the plague. Be careful the Romulans are still after her...

Voporak: As you wish. *ends comm and opens one to the Red October*

Two to beam up... and get ready to go.

*Voporak and Omet'etan materialize on the transporter pad of the Red October*

Omet'etan: You're not just going to follow along exactly as Terry said. You never do.

Voporak: I don't intend to. I'll think of something along the way.

*They walk down the hall to the bridge*

I need you to do something for me. Go find Jirod, and have him upgrade the Phantom. If you need to, quietly "borrow" some technology from our new frien... acquaintances. I need the ship to be the absolute best of the best, because I don't plan on keeping the Red October much longer. We benefit from the tech we invented as well as the advances of this era. Do whatever is necessary to make it a flying dreadnought.

Omet'etan: Er... what are you planning to do, exactly?

Voporak: Something big, something magnificent. And when it's all over I want to be secure in the aftermath. That, and the human desire to have a 'hotrod' - a cool, high performance vehicle.

Omet'etan: The Jem'hadar do not have 'hotrods'. We have attack ships.

Voporak: Well we'll have both in one, hm? The best of both worlds, in more ways than one today.

*Voporak enters the bridge while Omet'etan takes a turbolift to main engineering. As he steps in, he is greeted not by the usual sickly green glow, but a new sight. Half of the floor in Engineering has been removed, so that the entire warp core of the Black Phantom/Red October is exposed. Omet'etan leans over the edge of the floor and speaks to Jirod*

Omet'etan: How is the new installation proceeding?

Jirod: Oh come on. That's it?

Omet'etan: What do you mean?

Jirod: You're looking at the first Omega/Antiomega particle warp core we've ever known, and that's all you can say?

Omet'etan: I do not have the sense of finding happiness in a piece of machinery as you do, Commander.

Jirod *climbing back up to Ome'etan's level*: Look at it. It's incredible. It's a feat of engineering and science.

*Omet'etan stares at the newly enhanced warp core. Though offline, it is visibly different in its construction and design.*

Jirod: Allow me to share the details of it.

*Omet'etan gives one almost annoyed glance at Jirod, then goes back to looking unemotionally towards the piece of metal in front of him*

We converted the matter/antimatter portion of it, while still keeping the integrated temporal node intact. I had an Omega Particle Generator set up directly behind that back wall and routed to the core. The tricky part was creating antiomega particles, have you heard of them? I hadn't either, but some advanced calculations and theories we harvested from the Thresher did the trick. Once we had a sample in hand, an antiomega generator was also set up and connected. I had the temporal node cleared of any remnants of Borg, well, anything and reinstalled with the newly crafted core. We hooked everything back up and now we're ready to start it up. I'd get the Cap, since he's the best expert on temporal mechanics here. He can help monitor the start-up.

Omet'etan: I will do that. He also wants me to tell you that the ship needs to be upgraded with whatever tech we can find, to make it 'the best of the best - a hotrod'.

Jirod (chuckling): Alright.

*Omet'etan, thoroughly bored with Jirod's speech, exits and hits his combadge with a combination of frustration and relief of being out of the room*

Omet'etan: Omet'etan to the 'Cap', Commander Jirod has made all preparations for the core.

Voporak: Acknowledged.

*In his ready room, Voporak is fingering one of his many peculiar devices that he keeps hidden. The doorbell chimes and the short, fat tech scientist of the ship comes in.*

Professor F. Atrat: I heard of your request sir, and I... interesting thing you got there... what is it?

*OOC: See what I did with Mr. Fat Rat? Didn't want to put that name in, but I worked around it...*

Voporak (without taking his eyes off the device): This? It's possibly the most unethical piece of machinery you will ever encounter...

Pr. Atrat (looking on with scientific curiosity): Oh? I've had several candidates for that title in the past.

Voporak (getting up and walking to Atrat): This small thing is a device that damages the brain of sentient species.

Pr. Atrat: And....?

Voporak: And it targets certain brain cells.

*Atrat looks on with a confused expression*

Specifically those that regulate the morals and ethics of an individual.

*Atrat begins to understand*

Atrat: Wait... so you've used this thing on people?

Voporak: Not just any 'people'. I needed a crew for the Black Phantom when I first concocted the idea of the temporal core.

*Atrat is silent, his mouth slightly open in disbelief and a mix of sadness and wonder*

I introduced my friends, former shipmates, and fellow peers I knew well from the Academy to the idea. At first they were skeptical and overall not fond of what I proposed to do with the core. But then... then...

*Voporak walks around the room, in a state of almost as close as he could get to regret. He gathers himself up and faces Atrat*

But then one by one they changed their minds about what they had values for and decided to join me. The only ones I did not use this on were you and Omet'etan. Both of you are already devoid of ethics.

Atrat: Well, I can't argue that. So is this brain damage permanent, or could you reverse it if you ever wished to let them return to their old lives?

Voporak: It's permanent.

Very permanent. Irreversible.

Atrat: Quite an effective tool.

Voporak: I knew you would agree. Now what was it you came here to tell me about?

Atrat: Allow me to show you.

*Atrat takes a PADD out of his pocket and hands it to Voporak*

Voporak: Now that's fascinating... very intriguing. Could you make it work?

Atrat: In theory.

Voporak: Then do so, and have it ready on standby when you have it finished.

*Voporak and Atrat exit the ready room to the bridge, both making their way to Engineering.*

*OOC: Dun dun dun, now you know how he get the undying loyalty of his crew.*

*Main Engineering. Jirod, Atrat, and Voporak are monitoring the control consoles as they begin to bring the core online.*

Jirod: Activating temporal node.

Atrat: Everything looks good on it. The temporal field is stable.

Voporak: Begin pumping Omega and Antiomega into the core.

Jirod: Particle flow stable.

Voporak: Engage dilithium intermix chamber.

Atrat: The chamber is functioning normally, and the particle ratio is stable.

Jirod: Opening particle injectors.

*The two main pipes begin glowing; the top one a much more pleasant silvery-blue, and the bottom an eye searingly ugly purple-black.*

At least the awful colored one is on the bottom this time. Injecting particles at equal amounts.

Atrat: The reaction is proceeding as planned. It's working! Eureka!

Voporak: Please never shout in my ear range again...

Jirod: Main power is working. It's fully online.

Voporak: Wonderful! Once you've ensured it's completely stable, prepare for undocking with the Red October.

Jirod: Can do.

Atrat: I'll be back in my lab.

*Voporak, glancing the in the direction of the door Atrat just exited through, mutters to himself*

Voporak: You do that, creep... he does remind me of a fat rat...

Jirod, I will be on the bridge.

*Voporak exits Main Engineering as the floor starts to be reassembled.*
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Terry sits in his ready room as the Preserver and the Chief come in..*

Preserver: I do not trust the man that can jump through time...

Terry: Nor do I. The man already puts off the vibe of having no morals or real care for all of us. Just making sure he himself is secure. Why he came to me for protection is obvious. But is he the best option to take the Klingon to Holtz?

Preserver: He isn't. He would most likely...

Terry: She is still dying... That much I could sense and it is a slow death. So he would not get much in the way of an addition with that. My guess is that he wants to take whatever is in Holtz's holds and that is what worries me and the council.

*Terry looks to the Chief he had transferred to his ship...*

I know you have thoughts on this Chief, I would like to hear them.

Preserver: You did not give him the Klingon did you?

Terry: Of course I did not give her to him. I don't know him nor has he shown that ability to be trusted. I gave her a transwarp beaming device and she is already with Holtz.

Preserver: You are more cunning than I gave you credit for.

Terry: Next time trust me a little more alright.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *R.S.S. Enterprise, Starbase 21. The ship is docked as personnel, including the senior staff, transfer over.

Thompson walks into Matt's Quarters.*

Matt: Commander. Nice timing. I was just going over your service record again.

Thompson: I understand a Commander Forbes is transferring over, sir.

Matt: Yes, he is.

I thought the ship could use him as a good First Officer.

Catch.

*Matt throws him a small black box. Thompson opens it to see 2 silver bars inside.*

Thompson: Sir?

Matt: You've been offered command twice before and I think CentComm had their reasons for giving you command of the Enterprise for her shakedown. I thought something more permanent was in order.

Commander, I haven't commanded a star ship in 7 years. Besides that, I feel it would be strange for the crew to have an Admiral serving as captain. You've served with many of the shakedown crew before - they know you. You've also got an excellent diplomatic record and a spectacular combat record.

I'll still be in command of the Enterprise for fleet operations, but you'll be in overall command.

Thompson: Aye, sir.

Matt: Well, in that case...

*Matt stands up and shakes his hand.*

Congratulations, Captain.

*Sickbay. Doctor (Lt.) George Coventry walks in to find almost no one on duty and equipment scattered all over the room.*

George: For Pete's sake!

Where's the medical staff?

Ops: Arrives tuesday.

*He turns around to see the Ops Officer standing behind him, leaning against the doorway.*

Lieutenant Michael Reynolds, Operations Officer. I thought I'd come down and see ho the new senior staff is acclimatising.

The medical staff's on their way from the Starbase.

George: Great.

*The Doctor is in his mid-to-late 40s, with dark brown hair.*

This place is a mess! What happened, were you on shakedown?

Michael: Well...

George: Nevermind! I don't wanna know!

Gi' me a hand, would ya?

*Michael shrugs and helps George organise the equipment back into their storage compartments.*

Michael: I noticed the accent. If you don't mind me asking--

George: Suffolk, England.

Michael: You're from Earth?

George: Yeah. Signed on with the Republic instead of Starfleet because I figured it was a good way to help people across the galaxy.

Michael: That's probably why the Admiral chose you.

George: And yet I'm on a ship that will probably be going into battle tomorrow.

Michael: Aren't you a ray of sunshine?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *The USS Possibility is racing back to the area of tension at best possible speed... Terry watches as the Preserver leaves the ready room... The Chief remains. *

Terry: What is bugging you Chief?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *The USS Possibility is racing back to the area of tension at best possible speed... Terry watches as the Preserver leaves the ready room... The Chief remains. *

Terry: What is bugging you Chief?

Chief: It's just... why would the Eblisi stop their invasion so suddenly? I mean, I get the Republic trapped most of their ships in the Bastion System, but why sstop invasions of anyone else?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *S.S. Tora Zhiyal. Sickbay.*

Drake: So wait. You think there's a Synthesiser somehow hijacking Tara's dreams? Is that even possible?

Kenar: Well, like I said, the Synthesiser duplicate was able to actually communicate with Samantha Allington. It's possible that there's enough similarities that the two daughters have that link between each other, only subconsciously.

Drake: This seems like an upscaling from sending messages, Doc.

Kenar: No one's ever really catalogued a Generation 2 Synthesiser's psycho-transmission abilities, but they have a similar ESP, so one would assume the telepathy would be aswell. That is to say they have none.

But there are so many rumours surrounding the Synthesiser Sam Allington. Some say she had a kid with one of the ancient Synths, but those are just rumours. It's indicated that if she was intimate with anyone, it was a member of her own people.

In either event, she was the only person whose DNA was actually a simulation of another humanoid being's, because Allington's consciousness--

Drake: How do you even know all of this?

Kenar: It's amazing what you pick up when you're serving in the military.

This could have happened no matter who she slept with.

Drake: Do you think Tara's in danger?

Kenar: Honestly, Drake, I have no idea.

*Tara's Quarters. Tara is sleeping on her sofa, in uniform, having not realised how strong the drug Kenar had given her was.

She's dreaming again. This time, she's crawling through a Jefferies Tube on the Zhiyal, before opening a hatch into her living room, finding herself sleeping on... the... sofa...

Tara wakes up, quickly getting to her feet as she sees a girl, her age, standing near the Jefferies Tube hatch. The girl has some resemblance; long brown hair for example, but has silver irises. She's wearing a grey vest and black trousers. She's smiling arrogantly.*

Girl *deadpan*: Hi. Tara, right?

*Tara nods, slowly making her way to a staff next to the sofa, taking it off its stand. The girls rolls her eyes.*

Relax, I'm not here to hurt you.

Tara: You did just break into my quarters.

Girl: Point taken.

*The moment is tense for a second.*

You're not going to let go of the staff, are you?

Tara: No. No, I'm not.

Girl: Okay.

Tara: You know my name. What's yours?

Girl: Emma.

Tara: You're a Synth.

*There's a trace of bitterness in Tara's voice. Her mother had told her about her duplicate... when Tara pressed her to...*

Emma *sarcastically*: Aren't you observant? There's no way anyone with only half a brain could notice silver irises!

Tara: Shut up. You know, I am technically a security officer--

Emma: Trainee.

*Tara glares.*

Tara: I could arrest you.

Emma: Yeah... keep thinking that.

Look, I don't want to hurt you. I just want to talk with you and... Drake, wasn't it?

Tara: Okay.

Forrester to Bridge. Intruder Alert in my Quarters.

*Emma rolls her eyes as Tara smirks at her.

10 minutes later, Drake is now in the room with Jack. The two are apprehensive, despite receiving an explanation of who she is.*

Drake: So you're Synthesiser Allington's daughter?

Emma: Yes. For the third time, yes.

Drake: And you're here why, again?

Emma: My mom wanted me to learn about other races, particularly humans, so I'd have a 'cultural knowledge' when I had to take over for her in leading my people.

Think of it as an inter-galactic cultural enrichment trip.

Drake: Why did you come after Tara?

Emma: It was her idea. I knew from the dreams I had that she had a prejudice against my mother and she'd been driving me insane thanks to the dreams, so Mom figured I should try and play nice, be friendly. You know, the daughters of two enemies becoming good friends, that kinda TRIBBLE.

Drake: But you're here.

Emma: It was soppy, but it made sense. And I liked the idea of making friends with someone my age who didn't look up to me for a change. Besides, who better to teach me about humanity than a human who's had her life shredded?

Drake: So you want to be part of the crew?

I honestly wouldn't mind earning my keep.

Tara: And what would you do? I mean, what task is too menial for you, 'princess'?

*Emma turns and glares at the comment, with Tara grinning at her.*

Emma: Cute.

*She turns back to Drake.*

Look, I know how to look after myself. I know first aid, how to fight, how to shoot a phaser...

Heck, I know how to hack a computer bank without getting caught. Hence how I got onboard without triggering any alarms.

Face it, you could use someone with my skills.

*Drake looks at Tara.*

Drake: Are you okay with this?

Tara: Sure.

Drake: You sure?

Tara: Just cause I make a few witty remarks doesn't mean I can't get along with her.

Drake: Alright.

*Drake looks back at Emma.*

So if you're going to be working with us, what would you do?

Emma: Well, what could I do?

Drake: Security, for one. Medical, Engineering.

Emma: Well, since my plan was to be friendly with Tara, working with her in security could be helpful.

Jack: You realise that since you and Tara are roughly the same age, you'll end up training together, right?

Emma: I'm cool with that.

*She looks at Tara, grinning mischievously at her.*

Who knows? Maybe this 'princess' can teach you a few things.

Tara *sarcastically*: Yeah... like how to get knocked on your rear.

*Tara returns the grin. Drake and Jack look at each other.*

Drake *murmuring to Jack*: Good luck...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    R.S.S. Enterprise, Combat Information Centre. The CIC is located several decks below the main bridge, surrounded by its own armour plating. The CIC serves to receive data from all over the ship before filtering through and sending it on to the Bridge. The CIC also serves as a strategic command centre with a large holo-map, just as the SACs did in the Omaha-Class (now retrofitted to CICs). The CIC can also serve as a Command Centre for the entire ship should the Main Bridge be incapacitated. While the ship is at normal status, there's only the bare minimum number of personnel on duty, mainly technicians to ensure the Bridge is still getting information routed through CIC during Action Stations.

Matt is walking around, looking at the cutting-edge technology present. There are displays all over the room, all universal, showing different ship systems.*

Matt: Impressive hardly seems adequate. Ops should have an easier time with this place sifting through all the data he has to relay for him.

*Matt sighs as he taps a console, logging into the system and bringing up a holo-map of the sector around Dazon II.

52 Romulan sightings.*

Damn it. They're either serious, or pulling a very good bluff.

Forrester to Bridge.

Thompson *Over Comm*: Bridge here.

Matt: Are we ready to leave?

Thompson *Over Comm*: Almost. We're just waiting on Commander Forbes to report for duty.

Matt: Understood. As soon as he has, take us out for our rendezvous with the 2nd Fleet.

Thompson *Over Comm*: Aye, sir.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Keyes is standing on the bridge of the Forward unto Dawn reading the most recent ONI reports the situation with the republic and romulans has him on edge with that and no word from terrace. The 32 battle group is on stand by should the republic want it while the 23-25 are waiting at the CIS borders.

Keyes: if we hear a word from our prowlers near that sector I want to know.

Officer: aye sir.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Jacob: so you can't fight fair huh have to tale my own tech to be able to fight me. What a great leader you must be.

Cooper: I'm more then you ever will be.

Jacob jumps back avoiding a blast as he fires his own hitting him but doing no seeable damage.

Jacob: well there's my que time to dash.

He shoots up and flies off
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Keyes: ok people I want all ships at red alert I want deserve battle groups too be ready to deploy to the boarder or to enforce our allies if needed.

Officer: aye sir.

Keyes: get me bright on the line and someone from the republic. Also.