What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *S.S. Tora Zhiyal. The transport ship finally reaches Vulcanus. She enters standard orbit as personnel start beaming down the Vulcan colony's much-needed medical supplies. Tara is in her quarters with Luke, looking at the stone she'd bought with her.*

Luke: That's a Mari Stone, isn't it?

Tara: Yeah. I spent some time there a few months ago.

Actually... I spent a lot of time there.

Luke: Wanna talk about it?

Tara: If you'd asked me a day ago, I would have said no, but now, after seeing Samana again... I think you need to know why I need to kill her.

About 8 months ago, I took a transport to Mari. When I got there, I figured I had a week before Samana caught up with me; I'd been leaving a planet almost a day after I'd arrived for about 2 weeks prior, so I was fairly confident that I might have given myself a while, maybe even given them the slip.

I spent some time moving around the market in the main settlement.

Luke: That's where you got the stone from, I take it?

Tara: Yeah.

But that wasn't the only thing I got from Mari...

*Flashback. Tara is walking through the market before stopping at a Mari Stone stall. The vendor is a Bajoran male about Tara's age.*

Vendor: Haven't seen you around before.

Tara: I just arrived.

These are Mari Stones?

Vendor: Yeah.

There's something in the stone that reacts to humanoid magnetic fields and causes an aurora-like effect. If you know what you're doing, you can code it to respond to a specific person's magnetic field, or two people's.

*He holds his hand over one, causing a magnificent aurora of light.*

Tara: It's beautiful.

Vendor: You think?

Tara: You don't?

Vendor: I don't know, I guess it's just getting overshadowed by you.

*Tara holds back a laugh.*

Tara: You're not very subtle, are you?

Vendor: I was always taught to speak my mind.

What's your name?

Tara: Tara. Tara Forrester.

Vendor: Darik Kenabi. Call me Ken.

Tara: Nice to meet you, Ken.

Ken: Nice to meet you too, Tara.

Even your name's beautiful.

Tara: And you're still not being subtle.

Ken: Yeah, well, no point starting now.

How long you staying here?

Tara: Well I was planning on staying a couple of days but...

I guess I could stay a little longer.

Ken: Great. Mari's a wonderful world. All the people here are welcoming of strangers. Especially when they're as good looking as you.

Tara: Do you use this tactic with every girl you meet?

Ken: Well... not every girl.

Tara: How often does it work?

Ken: Almost never, but that's no reason not to keep trying.

Look, I'm sorry if I'm making you feel uncomfortable--

Tara: You're not.

Ken: Really?

*Clears throat.*

Well then, err... how about I get you dinner? You know, just to welcome you?

Tara: I'd like that.

*Out of flashback.*

Tara: Well, dinner went well and I ended up staying for a few days... and then a few more...

Eventually, I was living with Ken full time.

Luke: You were in love with him.

Tara: No one ever made me feel that way before. I mean, he wasn't my first boyfriend, but...

I wished that what we had would last forever.

But... it didn't...

*Flashback, 4 months after first arriving on Mari. Tara is laying in bed, wearing a white top. She wakes up to find herself alone. She smiles as she looks around.*

Tara: Ken?

This better not be one of your pranks, Kenny.

*She looks at her clock. 11:34. She'd overslept. Kenabi didn't wake her like he usually did.*

Tara: Kenabi?

*Sighs*

Figures.

*She gets up. After a few minutes, she's dressed and walking out of the bedroom. She hears something like a yelp from downstairs. She kneels at the top of the stairs, before her eyes widen at what she sees. She quickly ducks down as her stomach tightens.*

*Whispering*

Oh no...

*Downstairs, a pair of Orion brutes are holding Ken on his knees, badly beaten as blood trickles from wounds over his badly bruised face. His nose is bleeding profusely as he coughs up some blood. Samana is kneeling in front of him.*

Samana: You can stop this whenever you want, Bajoran. Just tell me where she is.

Ken *badly beaten*: I don't... know who you... mean...

*He lets out a small cry as one of the brutes lifts him up before punching him in the gut and pushing him back on his knees.

Another Orion girl a couple of years older than Samana walks in, tossing her a hypo.*

Samana: Thanks, Melani.

Well, what do you know? A pheromone immuniser. Good thing I already started beating the information out of you, huh?

Listen, Darik. All I want is Tara. Once I have her, you're in the wind.

Ken *struggling*: Who's... Tara...?

*Tara lets a small smile creep onto her face, before it's dashed as he's beaten again.*

Samana: Is she really worth dying for?

*Kenabi looks up at her, before spitting blood on her cheek. Samana wipes it off, standing and pulling out her disruptor, putting it to his head.*

Your choice...

I hope the prophets greet you well...otherwise you're as damned as her.

*Tara sees a green flash as Kenabi falls on his back, his face almost completely burned away, in a scene to gruesome for words. She lets out a startled cry.

The flashback ends.*

Luke: I can't imagine...

Tara: After that I just ran. I ran into my room, got my things. Samana sent her targ Melani up to get me...

*Flashback. Tara's hastily putting her stuff in her bag before dropping it out the window. As she starts to climb out, Melani walks in.*

Melani: Going somewhere?

*She grabs Tara and throws her back inside, Tara catching herself on the floor before glaring up in rage.*

Samana wants to talk to you. How does it feel - using your boyfriend as a shield? Did you even love him?

*Tara yells out as she tackles Melani through the window, smashing the glass as they fall through a canopy below and crash into the garden. The two slowly try to get up, managing to get on their feet as Melani tries to punch Tara. Tara ducks under it before slamming her foot straight into Melani's jaw. As Melani gets to her knees, Tara glares down at her with the same rage she'd tackled her through the window with.*

Tara *rage and hatred*: When you wake up, I want you to give Samana a message for me...

Tell her that she's going to pay. Tell her that I don't care how long it takes, what it takes, or how many bones I break doing it, but she is going to DIE!

*With all the rage she'd been trying to keep under control, Tara kicks Melani across the face, knocking her out. She then grabs her bag, takes one last look at the house as tears start to flow from her eyes, before jumping over the fence as Samana runs to her beaten ally.

Flashback ends.*

Tara: After that, I just kept running. I never let myself get close again, in case she found out.

Luke: Tara...

*Tara wipes a tear from her cheek.*

Tara: I've never told anyone this. But now you know why I have to do this.

*She looks at him, her eyes filled with pain and rage.*

I have to make her pay! Whatever it takes, she will die!
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *Bright comes on their comm*

Bright: Hello Admiral. I hope this is not a bad time.

Terrace: of course not. What can I do for you.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Wax: With the Republic giving scraps to a mad dog as he gets ready to pounce... I think the Republic's time as a superpower won't last long. Not with a war on two fronts.

Markon

What do you want to do with her then?

*tapping a console and bringing Admiral Bright on the screen.*

Where is the rest of the Federation?

Bright: Still some time away and whoever did arrive is being diverted to Republic space. The enemy has slowed down but seems to be moving world to world slower now as if they are waiting for us to kill each other off.

If the Emperor wants to drive the idea that he is a superpower then he is going to be sorely mistaken when the enemy is on his doorstep...

Wax: They turned down the UGC meeting at the war summit so apparently they did not want to listen. I think we pull our forces in response...

Bright: No.. The only reason they are around right now is because we have not wavered. Since the Republic wants to feed a mad dog we only wait and defend ourselves. The council agent has already been sent to the area in question so I do fear that he is up for it.

Wax: Its James' son Admiral he will be fine.

Bright: I am not going to bother speaking with them but oversee. They want to make their bed they will have to face the music for it soon enough.

Markon: Madness is subjective. Chancellor Gowron was deemed a hero by many, even when he did become mad. Sometimes madmen are not easy to see. Many of Earth's greatest scholars, scientists, artists and philosophers were called madmen in their time.
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Markon: Madness is subjective. Chancellor Gowron was deemed a hero by many, even when he did become mad. Sometimes madmen are not easy to see. Many of Earth's greatest scholars, scientists, artists and philosophers were called madmen in their time.

Wax: It is true enough. But this man wants to risk the galaxy for his people's glory. Even when they are most likely going to be crushed. Thats just facts.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Fali: Your not far off Vice Admiral. Especially in a war you know you can't win.. My question is why play chicken with a mad man.

R'iak: Do I even need to point out how flawed that statement is? Very well.

Samantha Allington's synthesiser duplicate. Preston. Vladimir Lenin.

What do they all have in common? They were all branded madmen and later turned out to be somewhat sane.

Matt: Face it, Fali. We don't know enough about Jorat. He was trying to rebuild his empire after the holocaust and he's ended up doing more in 20 years than Sela did in 30.

Besides, we're in a position to potentially negotiate a lasting peace between the Romulans and the other Galactic Powers.

Ambassador, you can explain it to him. I'm going to find Bright before he comes in here carrying a torch and pitchfork.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Wax: It is true enough. But this man wants to risk the galaxy for his people's glory. Even when they are most likely going to be crushed. Thats just facts.

Markon: On the contrary, that's an opinion. Jorat appears to be interested in pursuing peace. Hence his interest in an agreement with the Republic.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Terrace: bright if I'm correct does this have to deal with the romulams and republic. If so diplomatically speaking Council leader Tarson is on his way to the citadel to speak to the republic
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Tarson: aide please get me the head representive of the republic at there earliest convience we have some things to talk about.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    R'iak: Do I even need to point out how flawed that statement is? Very well.

Samantha Allington's synthesiser duplicate. Preston. Vladimir Lenin.

What do they all have in common? They were all branded madmen and later turned out to be somewhat sane.

Matt: Face it, Fali. We don't know enough about Jorat. He was trying to rebuild his empire after the holocaust and he's ended up doing more in 20 years than Sela did in 30.

Besides, we're in a position to potentially negotiate a lasting peace between the Romulans and the other Galactic Powers.

Ambassador, you can explain it to him. I'm going to find Bright before he comes in here carrying a torch and pitchfork.

Fali: This is going to burn you two fools. Arrogance is something that has not been just akin to mankind. You think just because the Elibisi are slowing down that they are tired? No. I am asking you to think on all aspects he doesn't care for peace if you have no allies left before a knife sinks into your back all the souls that are dead because you are too blind.

*He stares Matt down in his face *

Especially with your family on the line.

*Then looking to R'iak a dead stare...*

Those men all had something in common and it is something that is sorely lacking from you. That is insight.

*As he turns to leave*

If you excuse me I am going to see to the preservation of my people because this is going to blow up in your face as it has many people such as you over the last thousands of years.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Markon: On the contrary, that's an opinion. Jorat appears to be interested in pursuing peace. Hence his interest in an agreement with the Republic.

Wax: That is an opinion. The man is not interested in such a thing only in destroying our race and what Federation forces are left.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Terrace: bright if I'm correct does this have to deal with the romulams and republic. If so diplomatically speaking Council leader Tarson is on his way to the citadel to speak to the republic

Bright: I am not going to make a move just waiting for this Emperor to.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: I am under the impression that you want to do a Romulan War. *
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Bright: I am not going to make a move just waiting for this Emperor to.

Terrace: the unsc and CIS are already taking precautions admiral we want to be ready before they are. The problem is that since most unsc ships are either back at Virgo or the defense line the borders aren't as defended as normal.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Terrace: the unsc and CIS are already taking precautions admiral we want to be ready before they are. The problem is that since most unsc ships are either back at Virgo or the defense line the borders aren't as defended as normal.

Bright: Since this makes you nervous as it does me. Perhaps we could make arrangements.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Bright: Since this makes you nervous as it does me. Perhaps we could make arrangements.

Terrace: and what do you have in mind admiral. Ah first solace secure all systems security alpha omega. Make sure the prowlers are monitoring the area.

Solace: already done.

Terrace: so then what exactly do you have in mind admiral. The CIS and unsc are only at a uneasy cease fire nothing official ever made it to the council.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Terrace: and what do you have in mind admiral. Ah first solace secure all systems security alpha omega. Make sure the prowlers are monitoring the area.

Solace: already done.

Terrace: so then what exactly do you have in mind admiral. The CIS and unsc are only at a uneasy cease fire nothing official ever made it to the council.

Bright: Over the last twenty years our governments were softening and I did hear whispers of the Parliament getting ready to send a delegation for a treaty. Right now we need to act in the best interest of both our peoples as we both are displaced. Plus we are not as weak as he thinks our Andromeda forces are still en-route
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Bright: Over the last twenty years our governments were softening and I did hear whispers of the Parliament getting ready to send a delegation for a treaty. Right now we need to act in the best interest of both our peoples as we both are displaced.

Terrace: yes. Are you suggesting we wait to strike or strike before they become a threat.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Terrace: yes. Are you suggesting we wait to strike or strike before they become a threat.

Bright: We wait. The Andromeda forces are on their way as a matter in fact.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Bright: We wait. The Andromeda forces are on their way as a matter in fact.

Terrace: very well I'll keep my forces on standby.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Terrace: admiral be sure to stay in touch

Terrace closes the channel

Terrace: any word from tarson.

Solace: no nothing yet.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *The New Tal Shiar Director is kneeling down before the Emperor and stands... Gyunei is off in the corner they both know he is there. *

Hanshan: My liege.. The information is valid that the Klingon's have a female that is immune to the plague...

Our mutual friend has provided what our moles could only gather.

Also that the bulk of the Federation forces were not present when Earth fell.

Gyunei: The fire is already burning brightly when you have the energy you require you could simply take. This woman could be of some use to heal your people. That would make you a god to them.

Besides the Federation remnant is of little importance. Their gate to the Andromeda Galaxy is gone.

Plus my men are of service to you my liege. I just wish for one thing. The right to kill Markon. Don't worry about the Republic.. a friend has taken care of their leadership and will soon play his cards.

Hanshan: My liege my father Admiral Funshan was assassinated by these very dogs. Please grant my vengeance.

*OOC: Trust me different issue that gives you some room to play around alright. Plus gives me and Logan something to do.

Speaking of which Logan ready for what I have in mind?*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *10 hours earlier Gyunei is standing in his quarters Stane is on his hologram comm Northman is as well. *

Gyunei: I am ready to give the pressure the Emperor needs master.

Stane: If you are ready is not too much of a concern... Northman...

Is your end ready?

Northman: Things have gone smoothly as I am back on Dalos...

Stane: Good. You both may proceed...

*As Gyunei's comm ends Northman stays on his.*

Northman: My question still is in my mind sir. Is this truly for the betterment of all life?

Stane: You know as well as I do that the spine of the galaxy needs to be broken before it can be remade.

You proved that.

Northman: As did my scion if I recall my reading. Except he did it in a much better way...

Stane: Preston was a idealistic fool. Newtypes are not the answer. They never were. Only manipulated by all sides and the meaning your rival put into the existence of them lost to all of them. Preston wanted to change history and wanted the bloodshed that lead to the Shedai rise to power... Something that will never happen as long as people pull the strings and forget that meaning of life.

Northman: I see.. My curiosity is sated for now.

*The comm ends.*

Stane: If only those fools knew what kind of world we had better leaders.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ooc: ok man yeah I'm ready.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Terrace: solace get me fleet comm on the lime as soon as we can. We need any available forces herr in the milky way.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *Republic offices... on Dalos in the Senate Chamber. Harks comes back bloodied and limping and panting for breath...*

Harks: Senators...The leadership

*On their feeds Matt and the Ambassador see what has become of them...*

*The feeds interrupt the goings on in the Republic...*

*Elsewhere the real leadership is set before several dozen armed men Romulan and CIS in appearance *

*OOC: Now.*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So you want me to bring cooper who leads the rebels in or what's your actual plan lol. Cause I can do a few things.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So you want me to bring cooper who leads the rebels in or what's your actual plan lol. Cause I can do a few things.

*OOC: mmmhmm. But do remember we will know who they are really working for.*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: mmmhmm. But do remember we will know who they are really working for.*

Ooc: ok that works for me. I really do need to bring someone back into the mix to but anyways ok I'm officially ready now.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Cooper watchs them for a moment.

Cooper: I tire of them as soon as everything's ready kill them. The only reason I came here was to watch this and be known I was here. I have forces back at Virgo waiting for me.

Rebel trooper: sir we received a report that director Halsey helped stop the attack at the summit.

Cooper: fine as soon as we are done here we go deal with them all out.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Cooper watchs them for a moment.

Cooper: I tire of them as soon as everything's ready kill them. The only reason I came here was to watch this and be known I was here. I have forces back at Virgo waiting for me.

Rebel trooper: sir we received a report that director Halsey helped stop the attack at the summit.

Cooper: fine as soon as we are done here we go deal with them all out.

*Rebel Trooper fires once killing the Defense Secretary...*