Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *Voporak kicks down the fourth wall*

Voporak: And now, a chat about some stuff.

OOC: Let's begin the discussion with your "Bad Guy of the Month Cycle".

Voporak: Ah yes, that one. Here is a further explanation of it:

I, in my temporal travels, have observed a recurring pattern. The UFP, Republic, and assorted other factions will be in a state of semi-peace, and a bit of reconstruction. About two days later, a super duper powerful enemy with tons of ships and unstoppable force sweeps through and starts destroying cities, planets, and ships! The good guy factions then fall back, regroup, and start sending out ships to fight. And die. And more ships. Which die. And then some find a way to shoot back. And they kill some bad guy ships. More ships die. And some more. The good guys then discuss their options, pick one, and you get a big final battle in which lots and lots and lots and lots of ships are shooting and dying and trying to kill this ridiculously, hilariously overpowered enemy ship(s) which after a while of fighting and ships blowing up gets destroyed, either by squashing it with sheer numbers of ships or employing a big end-all weapon on it.

They then celebrate, have a few parties, regroup the surviving ships, hand out a few promotions, commission a ship or two, and are generally at peace. And then about two days later, BAM, new bad guy with lots and lots and LOTS of stupidly overboard powerful ships pops out of Picard-knows-where and starts the process all over again.

In between all that, you have varying amounts of sinister little off-on-their-own characters, invention of some new technologies, and separate groups of guys and gals running around on sneaky missions to steal or destroy this or that.

OOC: Thank you for that explanation. To elaborate on some certain points of the cycle, I'd like to discuss the plot device known as deus ex machina.

Voporak: This sounds quite interesting.

OOC: Deus ex machina's definition from Wikipedia is as follows:

"A deus ex machina (pronounced [ˈdeus eks ˈmaː.kʰi.na], /ˈdeɪ.əs ɛks ˈmɑːkiːnə/ or /ˈdiːəs ɛks ˈm?kɨnə/[1]; from Latin, meaning "god from the machine"; plural: dei ex machina) is a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability, or object. Depending on how it is done, it can be intended to move the story forward when the writer has "painted himself into a corner" and sees no other way out, to surprise the audience, to bring a happy ending into the tale, or as a comedic device."

Let's say you've got the kingdom of Allen, who is attacked by the eeeevul Ryan. Their armies fight, Allen trying to protect his land, and Ryan trying to take it. Allen is losing, and with his army being crushed, has no hope of defeating Ryan. But then, through the mystical, magical powers of the spirit Voporak, Allen summons a Logan! The powerful warrior Logan, with his big battle axe thing, leads the remaining forces of Allen, hacking down Ryan's soldiers. He sweeps through, defeating them right and left, forcing Ryan into a retreat and saving the day.

Does that sound familiar at all? Maybe change the setting, timeframe, details, add some magic and gods and forges and shadows and whatever the heck else, plaster on a Star Trek cover and you've got Voporak's first paragraph in a repeating cycle. The cycle refreshes itself because some new weapon or technology gets invented that can go out and obliterate or drive back the enemy of the month. Not always, but a lot. The use of deus ex machina is strong, being used to start the cycle anew (refer to "bad guy pops out of nowhere with overpowered ships and starts destroying stuff right and left").

Voporak: So why does this cycle keep going on? It's all fight fight fight fight fight rest for a second... fight fight fight fight fight... /cycle repeat. Perhaps instead of bigger, bigger, BIGGER, exponentially BIGGER story arcs that always contain a war as the main action, focus instead on something smaller. Like maybe exploring all these places and species and technologies the factions have dredged up.

OOC: A nice example of this is in the These Are The Voyages... RP thread in the Captain's Table section. In it, there was a simple, short little plot about a ship that explored the galactic barrier being crippled and needing saving, because the particles it collected were sentient. The crews of other ships managed to save the day (but one crew member of the ship was lost, sadly), and guess what? There was no fighting involved - yet is was still entertaining and engaging.

There's much that can be done without starting a (let's see how much I can emphasize this) HUGE, MASSIVE, END-ALL BE-ALL war.

Voporak: I'll see what I can recall. There was a war with the Synthesizers, the Shadows, the Elibisi whatevers that are prowlin' around now, the Romulans more recently. Then there was the Borg-Synthesizers, Preston and all his buddies, stupidly massive squid ship guys, and this Stane dude that does not die and throws monkey wrenches into everything. Oh and let's not forget about all these assorted magical things and dimensions that confuse me to no end. Super powerful god-like beings roaming around everywhere, can do all this powerful stuff, like to stalk me without taking any real action, and generally have no purpose of existing other than being magical mushrooms.

OOC: The 20-year time skip got through like, what, two days maybe before yet another frickin' huge war got started (or at least the foundations of it)?

Voporak: Two days seems to be about normal. Even jumping ahead in time doesn't slow down the cycle at all.

OOC: I'm hoping that you can enact a change to that.

Voporak: It would be my pleasure.

OOC: That pretty much covers all the points I wanted to address. This kept bugging me more and more each war cycle. I had to say something finally.

Voporak: I now return you to your regular timeline.

*Voporak hits the Infinite Reset Button and reverses events, so that the fourth wall is reconstructed and Voporak does not remember interacting with the OOC.*
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *OOC: Nice Meta pun. *
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *R.S.S. Enterprise, racing towards DS61 to regroup with the remainder of the 2nd Fleet. The Republic 3rd and 1st Fleets are being engaged all across the Shoal Zone by Romulan forces. Matt is watching the situation in the CIC, now fully manned as the ship is at Action Stations.*

Matt: The Romulans have begun landing on Dazon II and launched attacks all over the border. The 4th Fleet's bogged down trying to respond.

Lieutenant, call DeltaComm and have them transfer the 12th Fleet to BetaComm. We need the ships.

Lt: Aye, sir. And if they don't play ball?

Matt: Kindly remind them that BetaComm is at DefCon 1 and DeltaComm is at Defcon 4. We have priority.

Lt: Aye, sir.

Admiral, transmission coming in from the U.S.S. Possibility.

Matt: Activate the holo-comm.

*Terry quickly appears on the holo-pad.*

Captain, now's not a great time. I've got Romulan invasions in 10 different sectors and a potential assault on Deep Space 61 to worry about. We've got U.N.S.C. aid, but that won't last long if the Romulans decide to turn their fleet loose. This is the biggest Romulan offensive yet!

And please don't say "I told you so".
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *S.S. Tora Zhiyal, Tara's Quarters. Tara is training with the staff she had on the stand. She's letting out the odd grunt of frustration, though the point is to calm her, she just can't relax. Emma walks in, causing Tara to look at her for a second before contniuing, ignoring Emma's presence.*

Tara: Would it kill you to knock?

Emma: Lock your door next time and I will.

That staff was a gift from Samana.

*Tara let's out an angrier grunt as she swings the staff down.*

Sorry, sore point. I forgot.

Tara: How the hell do you know so much about me?

Emma: You think the dreams were one way? Difference is I paid attention.

Tara: You know so much about me, then you know it's a bad idea to mention Samana in anything short of contempt in my presence!

Emma: If you're trying to exert some anger, you'd do better actually hitting something other than air.

*Tara smirks, letting some humour cross her face before she stops.*

Tara: The point was that this was supposed to calm me. You know, loosen my muscles so swinging this thing didn't hurt.

Well guess what, I can't relax. If I don't relax, it hurts. If I hurt, I get cranky. If I get cranky, I relax less and it hurts even more. You see the problem?

Emma: Have you tried breathing?

Tara: I've tried breathing, yoga, gymnastics (which also hurt, by the way) - hell, I even tried mokbara.

Emma: Family issues, then?

*Tara glances at her in confusion.*

I have a mom too. I know how infuriating they can be. Family issues take a while to calm down from.

I thought your family would be as functional as mine, if not more so. But it looks like yours as more dysfunctional.

Tara: My Mom lied to me virtually my entire life.

Emma: Ouch. So you're adopted?

*Tara glares at her.*

Sorry. So, what was the problem?

Tara: okay, she didn't lie. She just conveniently forgot to mention that she was, oh nothing major, just a psychotic killer assassin for a clandestine government agency who murdered 25 people without so much as hesitation. That's not important, right?!

*She swings the staff again, almost hitting Emma.*

Emma: Watch it!

Tara: Sorry. Sorry, I just...

When I get angry, I don't think. Fight or flight reflex, you know?

Emma: Lucky I have one, or I'd be bleeding on the floor right now.

*Emma takes the staff off her before putting it back on the stand.*

Okay, calming your anger obviously isn't working, so let it out on me.

Tara: What?

Emma: You gave me a sharp quip when I came onboard.

Tara: That was a joke, 'princess'.

Emma: One you deliberately knew would annoy me.

Okay, try talking about it.

Tara: Talking about it only makes it worse.

Emma: In the short term, yes. You'll feel better.

Tara: I don't think Drake would like it if I trashed my quarters.

Emma: I can take a punch or two.

Tara: Yeah, trust me, if I could just lash out at people, you really would be bleeding from a staff blow right now.

My mom didn't trust me or my sister enough to tell us something like that. Do you know how betrayed that makes me feel?

Seeing T'mar again just... just bought back some bad memories.

Emma: I'll be honest, I know a little about Samana, like what she did to your boyfriend, but the memories of her being kind to you...? Where did that come from?

Tara: Who do you think taught me to fight?

A few months before Mari, she called me and said she wanted to talk. I agreed, making sure to take a knife in case it was a trap. She said she was sorry and that she was out of control. She said she wanted to try and fix our friendship. I believed her. For a month, I actually had a friend. She gave me the staff, clothes, a place I could sleep without a knife beside me, she taught me how to protect myself.

I had no idea it was a sick trick until I managed to look at her logs. She caught me and I bashed her skull into the wall.

Emma: Sounds like it was pretty brutal.

Tara: I didn't have time to be brutal. I just knocked her into a wall and ran.

I've never actually fought her for real. I've wanted to, but I've never had time.

Like I said, I can't just lash out at people. The reason I've survived this long is by keeping it in. Ken was the first person I could actually talk to about it other than Dani and I lost my chance to keep in touch with both of them when Samana killed Ken.

And recently, I have been running so much, fighting for my life so much... I just can't take it.

Emma: Tar, if you keep this up, you are gonna snap sooner or later.

Tara: 'Tar'?

Emma: First syllable of your name.

Tara: And I suppose it has nothing to do with tar being a horrible black liquid?

Emma: Maybe... But how would a 'princess' like me know?

*Tara's expression changes to somewhere between a smirk and a glare.*

Tara: Cute. Keep it up and I might just snap and lash out at you.
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will be at work till 7 will post afterwards
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    *R.S.S. Enterprise, racing towards DS61 to regroup with the remainder of the 2nd Fleet. The Republic 3rd and 1st Fleets are being engaged all across the Shoal Zone by Romulan forces. Matt is watching the situation in the CIC, now fully manned as the ship is at Action Stations.*

Matt: The Romulans have begun landing on Dazon II and launched attacks all over the border. The 4th Fleet's bogged down trying to respond.

Lieutenant, call DeltaComm and have them transfer the 12th Fleet to BetaComm. We need the ships.

Lt: Aye, sir. And if they don't play ball?

Matt: Kindly remind them that BetaComm is at DefCon 1 and DeltaComm is at Defcon 4. We have priority.

Lt: Aye, sir.

Admiral, transmission coming in from the U.S.S. Possibility.

Matt: Activate the holo-comm.

*Terry quickly appears on the holo-pad.*

Captain, now's not a great time. I've got Romulan invasions in 10 different sectors and a potential assault on Deep Space 61 to worry about. We've got U.N.S.C. aid, but that won't last long if the Romulans decide to turn their fleet loose. This is the biggest Romulan offensive yet!

And please don't say "I told you so".

Terry: Tell that to Wax. Sir. They attacked the First City. Me I am only concerned with how I can help. The UNSC forces we lost contact with not long ago and the Klingons are facing further incursions of the enemy. The Andromeda fleets have started to arrive... Any chance that the Emperor himself is with any of the groups?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Terry: Tell that to Wax. Sir. They attacked the First City. Me I am only concerned with how I can help. The UNSC forces we lost contact with not long ago and the Klingons are facing further incursions of the enemy. The Andromeda fleets have started to arrive... Any chance that the Emperor himself is with any of the groups?

Matt: Terry, this is the Romulans we're talking about. What do you think the success rate of Republic Naval Intelligence conductiong espionage on the masters of espionage is?

I'll give you a clue, it's very low.

We have no idea where he is, but his troops are storming through the Shoal Zone. The Romulans have always been better at cloaking technology than the Republic.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Keyes: evasive manuvers pattern Keyes omega.

Officer: aye sir.

Keyes: have our fighters keep them busy. We have an idea who and what they are now so lets dance. Charge the ships primary weapons and let loose

" Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Matt: Terry, this is the Romulans we're talking about. What do you think the success rate of Republic Naval Intelligence conductiong espionage on the masters of espionage is?

I'll give you a clue, it's very low.

We have no idea where he is, but his troops are storming through the Shoal Zone. The Romulans have always been better at cloaking technology than the Republic.

Terry: There is no need for that Admiral. I already know that. We need cooperation more than ever instead of locking horns with each other. Apparently Jorat did not get that clue. The Romulans are cunning but they do have a weakness and that is overconfidence and arrogance which stems from their admirable passion. Its not a bad thing but it does get them into trouble.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Keyes: evasive manuvers pattern Keyes omega.

Keyes: have our fighters keep them busy. We have an idea who and what they are now so lets dance. Charge the ships primary weapons and let loose

*The Elibisi Destroyer fires another shot taking another ship down with it. The fighters are still being outclassed by the orbs...*
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Keyes: all batteries fire at will.

Keyes: the fighters may be outmached but they are definetly more motivated.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Keyes: bring us about prepare to get them in main firing range.

Officer: aye sir

The ship shakes as it takes a hit

Officer: sir shields at 75%

Keyes: all vessels focus your fire on this exact point and fire at will

Officer: orders sent sir.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Keyes: all batteries fire at will.

Keyes: the fighters may be outmached but they are definetly more motivated.

*The Destroyer fires a strafing shot wrecking more vessels while taking shots that don't seem to phase it. Things are looking grim as it continues until Federation vessels arrive.. Their ship markings indicate the Andromeda Galaxy Fleets, they open fire on the Destroyer when its maw is open causing it to flinch... The Captain on the lead vessel... a tribal looking man in war paint and long braided black hair.. sits down*

Jalit: Concentrate the Thanix weapons on the beast's maw... Have our Hyperion batteries concentrate on giving MS Support to the UNSC fighters. Launch the Jegans.

*The Federation vessels scaled down to accommodate advances in existing technology that have scaled down the new warp cores... and EPS systems to accommodate the power draws... Leaving the power output scaled up and Engineering accidents to a record low, open fire with the updated Thanix type M. striking the things Maw once again making it flee...*

Jalit: Alright hail the UNSC's lead ship...

*Federation classes.

Freedom Class type A (Old type)
    Freedom Class type B (Strike components)
    Freedom Class type C

Size: *If I remember right it was about 1.1 or 1.4 miles originally.* 1 mile.

AT Shields
    Primary Shields Pure Omega/Anti-Omega (Negatively charged Omega particles) shielding
    Secondary Shields Transphasic plexing shields
    Tertiary Shields.

Strike O Type components (Bits, Drills, launchers, and shield bits )

Weaponry:

Hyperion Batteries x 20 packed under the hull in the under belly
    x15 on the saucer..

Main guns Thanix Cannon x2 (Modes long, mid, rapid fire)

Zero point systems.

Gladius phaser banks x 10

scaled multi-phasic element zero torpedoes. x20

Warp capable (Duh at this point)
    Clean dark matter fold space system
    Dark Matter drive core element zero infused.

Ra Cailum class type Alpha (Original super carrier)
    Ra Cailum Class type Theta

Size: 2 miles

MS complement 30

Weaponry

Thanix cannon x 4 (Same modes)

Element Zero torpedo launchers x50

Hyperion Batteries total x 250

Gladius Phaser banks x 20

Zero point systems

Dark Matter drive core

Spartacus class types A-D

D being the scaled one

Joker class type B and C

Destiny class Cruiser scaled to just under 1 mile.

OOC: Just an idea on how much to scale the Federation has been up to with their friendship with the Iconians and a few Iconian Engineers along with the wreckage of Sovereign and Allen's notes. Their scaling down their ships is due to the new drive cores and the growing Dark Matter in the galaxy and the existence of element zero (which is crystallized Dark Matter). Their development of No-fields has helped some in hiding the ship yards, and in manufacturing the Matter into what they need and waste none of it.

Yes I would expect a deadly counteraction between it and twilight energy but the scaled back size and generator output give them a pretty big edge along with continued Mech research. Yes Federation only at this point and to a little effect Klingon's but they haven't really taken it due to a if it ain't broke don't fix it really ship making. Or figured out how to do it. I am sure Matt has heard whispers of this development but hasn't seen much of it in action.

For explaining the Earth attack. Caught with their pants down and reliance on a certain shield against the Elibisi.. Which doesn't work as none of them really fought Sovereign except Bright and even then could not match the full force of the invasion with what they had. I hope the explanation gives some idea of what I was going for. The incident that had Danny go back to assassination was a Romulan attack on a Klingon Colony with a Federation Energy center (dark matter) but its stood up to the Romulan Tal Shiar. Just a bit of Balance is what I was going for if the Romulans are a Super Power then the Federation is comparable to the US in 1941. Yeah may have lost a chunk of Starfleet and its manufacturing but it still has places in the Republic and the Empire with trade agreements along with the benefits of the power source. Along with Biotics. *

Jalit: UNSC vessel I am Captain Jalit of the United Federation of Planets Andromeda galaxy. Do you need assistance?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Keyes: I don't think we do now. Good timing though.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Keyes: I don't think we do now. Good timing though.

Jalit: We are your assistance. Around 2500 ships.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *S.S. Tora Zhiyal, Forward Torpedo Room. Drake and Jack are standing over a modified photon torpedo.*

Drake: Ambassador Soval had the antimatter warhead replaced with an aerosolized protein solution. If we fire 12 of these on equidistant orbits, we should be able to detonate them within the atmosphere and spread the cure across the whole planet an a matter of minutes.

Or at least, that's Soval's theory.

Jack: Makes sense. What are we waiting for?

Drake: Drake to Bridge, we're ready down here.

*Within minutes, the Zhiyal has fired the torpedoes into orbit and they distribute the cure over the whole planet.

R.S.S. Enterprise.*

Matt: Unfortunately, the Romulans aren't being stupid right now. They're knocking out our defence groups before the Repubic Fleets can even respond.

It doesn't help that they've been using warbirds to shoot down Republic Transports and Freighters passing through the Shoal Zone and along our trade routes with the C.I.S. and Federation. They're trying to strangle our civilian supply lines.

I'm setting up convoys to be escorted by escort groups as they cross into our space, but holding ground is proving difficult. I think everyone underestimated how strong the Romulans were.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Keyes: excellent captain. The quicker we can deal with the romulans the sooner we can focus on the elbisi.

Elsewhere

Terrace: well we retook the candra system which is helpful.

Jacob: I've been in contact with ghost squad and they are actively sabotaging there major operations so we have that

Terrace: we will take as many victories as we can. Every little one counts.

Firefly : even more important now.

Terrace: agreed we need to finish this quickly to send support to Keyes and keep cooped from digging in.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ooc: ok will be back after 7pm central time. So will post before if I can but don't really have a break in between at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *S.S. Tora Zhiyal, Forward Torpedo Room. Drake and Jack are standing over a modified photon torpedo.*

Drake: Ambassador Soval had the antimatter warhead replaced with an aerosolized protein solution. If we fire 12 of these on equidistant orbits, we should be able to detonate them within the atmosphere and spread the cure across the whole planet an a matter of minutes.

Or at least, that's Soval's theory.

Jack: Makes sense. What are we waiting for?

Drake: Drake to Bridge, we're ready down here.

*Within minutes, the Zhiyal has fired the torpedoes into orbit and they distribute the cure over the whole planet.

R.S.S. Enterprise.*

Matt: Unfortunately, the Romulans aren't being stupid right now. They're knocking out our defence groups before the Repubic Fleets can even respond.

It doesn't help that they've been using warbirds to shoot down Republic Transports and Freighters passing through the Shoal Zone and along our trade routes with the C.I.S. and Federation. They're trying to strangle our civilian supply lines.

I'm setting up convoys to be escorted by escort groups as they cross into our space, but holding ground is proving difficult. I think everyone underestimated how strong the Romulans were.

Terry: Do remember that the last 20 years the Federation spent a lot of time overhauling the fleet making it more advanced than we let on. But I am sure Bright can spare the help as for what I do not want to disclose over this channel. It should help mask movements...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Keyes: alright people get me a full status report and where we sit on a strike of the romulans. We need to help losen them up for the republic. Daylights burning people lets go.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Keyes: alright people get me a full status report and where we sit on a strike of the romulans. We need to help losen them up for the republic. Daylights burning people lets go.

Jalit: All ships deploy the No-fields to mask our movements. It should leave them wondering.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Keyes: with federation support we can finish this quickly.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Terry: Do remember that the last 20 years the Federation spent a lot of time overhauling the fleet making it more advanced than we let on. But I am sure Bright can spare the help as for what I do not want to disclose over this channel. It should help mask movements...

Matt: You need the ships to fight the Eblisi. Don't risk it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *S.S. Tora Zhiyal. The ship is now leaving Vulcanus orbit as the first signs of the cure's success take hold. Soval has already sent the data of the deployment system to Holtz.

Zhiyal, Bridge. Tara is on the Bridge as Drake directs the helm towards the local Fold Beacon.*

Drake: Next stop, Pegasus Prime.

Tara: Again?

Drake: There's a commission to take some hazardous cargo to a PegComm Facility. We're picking it up along with a cadet RNF has assigned here.

Tara: A military cadet?

Drake: Apparently she's gonna be in Pegasus a while and PegComm wants her to get used to working with P-Sec - and their deputies.

Tara: So they picked you?

Drake: I'm a P-Sec favourite... not to sound egotistical.

Jack: Too late.

*Drake smirks as Jack turns back to his console. Tara turns to leave.*

Tara: Let me know when we get there. I didn't get to see as much of it as I wanted last time.

Drake: I think you'll enjoy it.

*Tara looks back at him as she walks into the turbolift, confused.*

Tara: Meaning?

Drake: I wouldn't spoil it.

Tara: Deck 4.

*The lift shuts as Drake looks at Jack.*

Jack: Was it really necessary to tease her?

Drake: Let her be surprised.

Daxis, we at the beacon yet?

Daxis: Aye, aye.

*The Zhiyal quickly makes the fold-jump, sending the activation code to the beacon before the beacon opens the conduit to Pegasus Prime.*

OOC: I guess you two can guess where this is going.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Matt: You need the ships to fight the Eblisi. Don't risk it.

Terry: If this doesn't go right it won't matter either way.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *S.S. Tora Zhiyal, Pegasus Prime orbit. The ship is docking at Deep Space Pegasus, the space station in orbit of the planet, to pick up their cargo. Meanwhile, Tara's in Hood's Landing looking around. Drake suggested that she meet the cadet they were picking up at her apartment. Tara didn't know why, but Drake later arranged to have her meet the cadet in the market in Harvard Square.

Watching her from the rooftops is Ronin.*

Ronin: How do I know you?

*Tara quickly arrives in the market, looking for the cadet she's supposed to meet. Nearby, a figure is looking around the stalls before noticing her.*

Figure: Target identified.

Comm: Copy that, Archangel 12. Stand by.

*Tara is still looking for the cadet, finding her at the other edge of the square. As the cadet sees her, Tara's face almost drops off in shock.*

Tara: Dani?

Dani: Tara!

*The two hug each other, laughing happily before pushing away.*

Tara: What are you doing here?

Dani: Dad sent me here to get me out of the Eblisi firing line... and to take care of you.

I did not expect to see you here! There's a Captain on a transport I'm supposed to be--

Tara: I know. Drake sent me to meet you.

*Dani looks at Tara's jumpsuit, noting the Zhiyal's emblem on her sleeve.*

Dani: I thought you were on Mari?

*Tara's face suddenly drops.*

Tara: Yeah... I...

I'll explain later, okay?

Dani: Okay.

*Tara smiles before she sees the figure turn a corner.*

Tara: Dani...

*Dani turns, seeing the figure. The figure is a women who looks about in her 20s, with short blonde hair. Dani turns back to see Tara slowly backing away.*

Dani: What is it?

Tara: I don't know... and I don't plan on waiting to find out!

*Tara starts running. Ronin sees before taking out his bow and looking down the scope at who's chasing her.*

Ronin: Twelve.

*Ronin takes off to follow Tara, who's being pursued down the street by Archangel 12. Twelve quickly switches tactics, darting into an alley and using her increased strength to climb up the fire escapes onto the rooftops, following Tara from there as Tara is being slowed down by foot traffic. Ronin is on the rooftops opposite. Twelve sees him, tapping her earpiece.*

Twelve: Ronin, what are you doing here?

*Ronin doesn't reply, instead aiming at her and firing a volley of arrows which Twelve manages to dodge before grabbing her phaser pistol and firing a return volley of phaser blasts. 2 blasts hit Ronin's personal shield. He catches himself as Twelve gets ahead of Tara. He quickly grabs a stun arrow and takes aim, but before he can fire, Twelve jumps off the edge of the roof into the alley.*

Ronin: Damn!

*Ronin hurries ahead, Tara now in the open. He jumps down a nearby fire escape and emerges from an alley a few yards behind Tara. He aims the bow at her, stun arrow still prepped.*

Forrester!

*Tara turns back and stops, seeing him. Before she can react, Ronin hits her with the arrow, knocking her out with the electric current. Ronin catches her as she falls before carrying her into another alley. Twelve catches sight of them and pursues, but when she reaches the alley, they're gone. The alley splits into 2 directions.*

Twelve: Damn.

*She taps her earpiece.*

This is 12 to Keep, Ronin's gone rogue.

*She suddenly feels a stun blast hit her back as Dani stands behind her. She slowly starts to get back up, Dani firing again. She then taps her combadge.*

Dani: Forrester to P-Sec, I need a prisoner transported.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Terry: If this doesn't go right it won't matter either way.

Matt: This war with the Romulans won't mean a damn either if the Federation can't fight off the Eblisi. On one hand, we have the fact that the Republic might lose the war with the Romulans if the Federation doesn't help and on the other is the fact that we will all lose the war with the Eblisi if the Federation does.

Play it by the numbers, Terry. I still have some tricks up my sleeve.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Matt: This war with the Romulans won't mean a damn either if the Federation can't fight off the Eblisi. On one hand, we have the fact that the Republic might lose the war with the Romulans if the Federation doesn't help and on the other is the fact that we will all lose the war with the Eblisi if the Federation does.

Play it by the numbers, Terry. I still have some tricks up my sleeve.

Terry: Your playing too much by the numbers without Republic support we are screwed, it also means what we are building will be found and destroyed. So don't be stupid Matt.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Terry: Your playing too much by the numbers without Republic support we are screwed, it also means what we are building will be found and destroyed. So don't be stupid Matt.

Matt: Damn it, Terry! We won't get a chance to build Angel Halo if the Federation gets destroyed!

Don't worry, I can handle the Romulans. Trust me, right now everything hinges on the Federation being able to finish Angel Halo.

*OOC: Yes, I just said all hope lies with the Federation. :eek:*
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Matt: Damn it, Terry! We won't get a chance to build Angel Halo if the Federation gets destroyed!

Don't worry, I can handle the Romulans. Trust me, right now everything hinges on the Federation being able to finish Angel Halo.

*OOC: Yes, I just said all hope lies with the Federation. :eek:*

Terry: Stubborn... Alright.