test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *The Red October moves back into transporter range*

Voporak: Prepare attack pattern interruption, maintain cloak. Omet'etan, you're with me. We'll beam down and see what happens, couldn't be any worse than playing hide and seek with people trying to kill us.

Omet'etan: You're saying we're going to transport right into the middle of a meeting?

Vranlek: Why can't you just knock?

Voporak: Because that's what normal people do. You gotta mix things up if you want to get their attention.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Matt: Thank you, Captain.

What we need to do is counterattack. The Republic can't get enough forces together while defending our borders, but the Iconians and Synthesisers can. I know that Iconian Supreme Commander Solara is already preparing an armada alongside the Synthesisers in the Lanco System.

I also know that the Iconian vessels have been armed with Twilight Weapons.

Odo: Twilight wea--

Matt: I know, ambassador, but right now we don't have a choice.

I suggest having all U.G.C. members temporarily place their free military forces under the command of the Security Council under the 'united arsenals' clause in the original U.G.C. charter. If we can get enough ships gathered in one place, we can hit the enemy hard and give the Republic a chance to break through and join the fight to retake Sol.

Wax: An interesting proposal but there is one problem... This plague that has been affecting three major races in the galaxy... The research we have gathered on the disease is that it is indeed artificial and made by Section 31...

Terry: Long defunct... organization. Headed by Franklin Drake.

*Holtz lowers his head. *

Wax: We need it cured if we are to fight with all we have and this conflict with the Romulans resolved.

Drexler: I can see how that would be beneficial but nearly impossible.

Thrax'ra: *Gorn representative* No.. If we are to fight we will do so under our own.

*A SHIELD agent comes to them long range sensor readings in the battle zone before it went silent.*

Agent: Councilors... we have detected the use of subspace weaponry in Republic space.

*OOC: True but.. that is if it explodes here it is to the point where those cores are long obsolete. Omega Weaponry itself is purified and stable. Plus the Newtypes generate it on their own hence why there is that loophole. Plus I don't intend for this arc to end just yet. Plus I thought we had discussed that Iconian space had been the first hit as they are the most advanced? That is what I was talking about earlier. So gotta find a reason for them not to unite just yet. *

Terry: What do you mean subspace weaponry. Those weapons have been outlawed for centuries?
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wax: An interesting proposal but there is one problem... This plague that has been affecting three major races in the galaxy... The research we have gathered on the disease is that it is indeed artificial and made by Section 31...

Terry: Long defunct... organization. Headed by Franklin Drake.

*Holtz lowers his head. *

Wax: We need it cured if we are to fight with all we have and this conflict with the Romulans resolved.

Drexler: I can see how that would be beneficial but nearly impossible.

Thrax'ra: *Gorn representative* No.. If we are to fight we will do so under our own.

*A SHIELD agent comes to them long range sensor readings in the battle zone before it went silent.*

Agent: Councilors... we have detected the use of subspace weaponry in Republic space.

*OOC: True but.. that is if it explodes here it is to the point where those cores are long obsolete. Omega Weaponry itself is purified and stable. Plus the Newtypes generate it on their own hence why there is that loophole. Plus I don't intend for this arc to end just yet. Plus I thought we had discussed that Iconian space had been the first hit as they are the most advanced? That is what I was talking about earlier. So gotta find a reason for them not to unite just yet. *

Terry: What do you mean subspace weaponry. Those weapons have been outlawed for centuries?

Matt: It was an epsilon particle warhead. They open a massive fissure in subspace which causes extreme damage to any ship caught by the event horizon. It's essentially a fold-space conduit only big and unstable.

Republic R&D started the project after the Iconian invasion. We've had these things for the last 20 years... One of our ships on the frontline must have had to use one.

From the sounds of it... they work.

*OOC: I don't remember you saying anything about the Eblisi attacking the Iconians. I only remember you saying they destroyed the Preservers.

I also thought it was obvious, after the 101 times I've said it, that the Iconians were forced out by the Shedai and younger races who the Iconians had subjugated.*
    edited November 2013
    Matt: It was an epsilon particle warhead. They open a massive fissure in subspace which causes extreme damage to any ship caught by the event horizon. It's essentially a fold-space conduit only big and unstable.

Republic R&D started the project after the Iconian invasion. We've had these things for the last 20 years... One of our ships on the frontline must have had to use one.

From the sounds of it... they work.

*Fali steps forth after listening.*

Fali: Unlikely on the capitol ships.. Plus by the sounds of things warheads such as this are illegal.

Their still driving they don't care if they lose smaller ships. Those are not quite the ones you must worry about. Harbinger their leader is still driving forward and you are bleeding world and ships.
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Will post shortly.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    edited November 2013
    Voporak: Commander, you have the bridge.

*Voporak and Omet'etan make their way to the transporter room*

Ensign, beam us over somewhere.

Ensign: Yes sir... but isn't that dangerously risky?

Voporak: I don't care anymore.

*The transporter engages, and the two materialize in an empty hallway*

Omet'etan: I wonder how many security alerts we just set off.

Voporak: *shrugs* Who cares.

*They start walking around*

Where the heck do you think we'll find this guy?

Omet'etan: Maybe we should ask someone where this meeting is.

Voporak: Wouldn't hurt.
    edited November 2013
    You know these aliens remind me of a halo enemy. Hm interesting.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    edited November 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Voporak: Commander, you have the bridge.

*Voporak and Omet'etan make their way to the transporter room*

Ensign, beam us over somewhere.

Ensign: Yes sir... but isn't that dangerously risky?

Voporak: I don't care anymore.

*The transporter engages, and the two materialize in an empty hallway*

Omet'etan: I wonder how many security alerts we just set off.

Voporak: *shrugs* Who cares.

*They start walking around*

Where the heck do you think we'll find this guy?

Omet'etan: Maybe we should ask someone where this meeting is.

Voporak: Wouldn't hurt.

* 17 security personnel arrive around them... all in new 29th century gear...*

Mad Dog Wilson: Voporak... I knew you would foul up and do something foolish.
    edited November 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    You know these aliens remind me of a halo enemy. Hm interesting.

*OOC: When I thought of it I wanted a mixture of Reapers, darkspawn from Dragon Age Origins, and maybe a little bit of Halo Creatures. *
    edited November 2013
    *Fali steps forth after listening.*

Fali: Unlikely on the capitol ships.. Plus by the sounds of things warheads such as this are illegal.

Their still driving they don't care if they lose smaller ships. Those are not quite the ones you must worry about. Harbinger their leader is still driving forward and you are bleeding world and ships.

Matt: With respect, this is the first occasion that one of these warheads has ever been fired. And we've had these weapons at our disposal for 15 years. If Republic Central Command ever intended to use them...

*He turns to Fali, putting on an apologetic face.*

Your people wouldn't be around and Lanco II would be a glazed ball of rock.

R'iak: Admiral.

Matt: My point is, we haven't used them. *He turns back to the council.*

We recognise the reasons for the ban. But, if our defensive line fails, these creatures will be able to reach our colonies in the Shoal Zone. Billions of lives could be lost. Under pressure like that, our forces will not pull back by even a light year. If that means that they have to use subspace weapons, then that's what it takes.

We won't win this war by pulling punches.
    edited November 2013
    Matt: With respect, this is the first occasion that one of these warheads has ever been fired. And we've had these weapons at our disposal for 15 years. If Republic Central Command ever intended to use them...

*He turns to Fali, putting on an apologetic face.*

Your people wouldn't be around and Lanco II would be a glazed ball of rock.

R'iak: Admiral.

Matt: My point is, we haven't used them. *He turns back to the council.*

We recognise the reasons for the ban. But, if our defensive line fails, these creatures will be able to reach our colonies in the Shoal Zone. Billions of lives could be lost. Under pressure like that, our forces will not pull back by even a light year. If that means that they have to use subspace weapons, then that's what it takes.

We won't win this war by pulling punches.

Fali: My words are not to belittle Admiral. They are merely to inform... I am the databank of my people's knowledge.. Even the workers. Against their Captial ships those warheads mean very little. There is a reason that my people in days long gone worshiped them as gods. Even your Borg would fall under their spell and treat them as such.

Your possession of these weapons and holding them over my people I won't forget. Nor does this Admiral remember that The Borg under the Supervision of the Republic have gone missing... I even remember wars past with these beings and watching races such as yours destroy everything of theirs and the future only for fleeting moments. Resorting to their steps won't win Wars Admiral. Perhaps a new set of eyes are needed here. As I am not confident in this one.
    edited November 2013
    Fali: My words are not to belittle Admiral. They are merely to inform... I am the databank of my people's knowledge.. Even the workers. Against their Captial ships those warheads mean very little. There is a reason that my people in days long gone worshiped them as gods. Even your Borg would fall under their spell and treat them as such.

Your possession of these weapons and holding them over my people I won't forget. Nor does this Admiral remember that The Borg under the Supervision of the Republic have gone missing... I even remember wars past with these beings and watching races such as yours destroy everything of theirs and the future only for fleeting moments. Resorting to their steps won't win Wars Admiral. Perhaps a new set of eyes are needed here. As I am not confident in this one.

R'iak: The Admiral didn't mean to suggest any desire to use these weapons against you, Fali. He simply meant that if Command wanted to use these weapons, someone would have definitely targeted your people. Admiral Forrester was simply pointing out that when we started fielding these warheads, many in command still considered you a threat and would have used these. He's not suggesting he shares those feelings. In fact, we're both insulted you would assume as much of him, after all he's done to secure the protection and acceptance of your people under this convention.

If we were going to use them, we would have done so before now. They're only being used now because of the scale of life at stake. We're not talking about old fission weapons on Earth. The Epsilon Warhead is a defensive weapon. Nothing more. If we wanted to use it as an offensive weapon, why haven't we done so?
    edited November 2013
    * 17 security personnel arrive around them... all in new 29th century gear...*

Mad Dog Wilson: Voporak... I knew you would foul up and do something foolish.

Voporak: Oh hi, long time no see, watcha been up to, how was your weekend?

*Voporak and Omet'etan hit their site-to-site transporters. In another hallway, they again materialize and see a door*

Omet'etan: I hear voices behind that one.

Voporak: Well, here's to surprises.

*With the sound of security coming down the hallway, Omet'etan busts open the door and they barge in, shutting the door behind them. They turn around to see... the entire council*

I, uh, you see, um... I was looking for the surprise party my friend was having and I, uh... *he looks around at the unconvinced, bewildered, annoyed, and curious faces* (puts his hands behind his back and rocks back and forth) I got lost.
    edited November 2013
    R'iak: The Admiral didn't mean to suggest any desire to use these weapons against you, Fali. He simply meant that if Command wanted to use these weapons, someone would have definitely targeted your people. Admiral Forrester was simply pointing out that when we started fielding these warheads, many in command still considered you a threat and would have used these. He's not suggesting he shares those feelings. In fact, we're both insulted you would assume as much of him, after all he's done to secure the protection and acceptance of your people under this convention.

If we were going to use them, we would have done so before now. They're only being used now because of the scale of life at stake. We're not talking about old fission weapons on Earth. The Epsilon Warhead is a defensive weapon. Nothing more. If we wanted to use it as an offensive weapon, why haven't we done so?

Fali: My point is Councilor is that You won't beat them through brute force. Many others have tried such things and failed. All they did was ruin the galaxy.

Drexler: Saying its a defensive weapon is merely a play on words. If it is a weapon it can be used offensively. The very nature of sub space weapons was understandably banned because of instability especially in ruining subspace. The reason you have not acted on the Federation use of Omega Weaponry is due to the fact if it was done Newtypes themselves would be outlawed and your attitude in their perfection of their purification.

Wax: I know the Admiral means well but I refuse to consent to the use of subspace weapons. It would ruin the environment. I would say bring Twilight weaponry back into service. Have Holtz find someway to find something to crack those things.
    edited November 2013
    Fali: My point is Councilor is that You won't beat them through brute force. Many others have tried such things and failed. All they did was ruin the galaxy.

Drexler: Saying its a defensive weapon is merely a play on words. If it is a weapon it can be used offensively. The very nature of sub space weapons was understandably banned because of instability especially in ruining subspace. The reason you have not acted on the Federation use of Omega Weaponry is due to the fact if it was done Newtypes themselves would be outlawed and your attitude in their perfection of their purification.

Wax: I know the Admiral means well but I refuse to consent to the use of subspace weapons. It would ruin the environment. I would say bring Twilight weaponry back into service. Have Holtz find someway to find something to crack those things.

Matt: Believe me, a lot of considerations went into designing these things. One of them was the impact on subspace. It's minimal. By principal, it's just a massive fold-space conduit except with no exit point. Yes, it destabilises subspace, but the effect only lasts a few days.

And, I would point out that Republic ships have used subspace coils since before this council even existed. If you're going to ban the epsilon warheads, we would consider it a reckless action of this council if you didn't--

R'iak: Matt, shut up!

Matt: If you didn't ban the subspace coils and fold-space drives as well.

R'iak: Nicely done. Why don't you stir up a bigger political hailstorm? Please, entertain me.
    edited November 2013
    Jacob continues watching the feed.
    edited November 2013
    *S.S. Tora Zhiyal. The transport is nearing the last fold-space beacon before reaching Ora, one of the Republic's outer colonies in Pegasus.

The Zhiyal's bridge is mostly unimpressive, using tactile interface consoles around the rear circumference of the room and two stations in front of the viewscreen for Ops and Helm. Drake is sitting in his centre chair.*

Helmsman (Daxis Tran, Bolian): We're now approaching the beacon, Captain.

Drake: Thanks, Dax. Make the jump whenever you're ready.

Daxis: Aye, sir.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

*The Zhiyal sends a transmission to the beacon, which lets off two epsilon beams, opening the fold-space conduit to the Ora System. The Zhiyal quickly passes through it.*

And welcome to the Ora System!

Drake: Nice going.

Jack, take over.

*A man apparently in his 40s stands from his station and takes the captain's chair as Drake heads to the turbolift.

5 minutes later, Drake enters Tara's Quarters.*

Thought you'd like to know we've just entered the Ora System.

Tara: Great.

*Drake looks at her bag practically full.*

Drake: You've already started packing.

Tara: Never unpacked, to be honest. No point if I'm just going to be gone the next day.

Drake: Yeah, I wanted to talk about that.

What happens when you get to Ora?

Tara: I'll stay for a couple of days, maybe a week, before finding a captain willing to take me elsewhere before the Orions catch up with me.

Drake: That's what I was thinking about. What's the point in jumping ship if you're just going to grab another anyway?

Tara: Captain, I appreciate you bringing me here but... I can't pay you and it wouldn't be fair to be a permanent hitch hiker.

Drake: You've been running for over a year, right?

Tara: Yeah.

Drake: Survival skills?

Tara: I've got a few.

Drake: Like?

Tara: I know my way around a phaser. If someone comes at me with a knife they'll leave with a broken wrist. I've got some fairly good parkour skills.

Drake: One of the advantages of being a P-Sec deputy is I can recruit crewmembers without having to worry about the cost much. P-Sec pays for 25% of maintenance costs for the Zhiyal and 100% of the P-Sec upgrades.

We could use someone like you in security.

Tara: Hold on. Are you offering me... a job?

Drake: If you want it.

Tara: But I never even finished school!

Drake: So? You just said you can handle yourself.

Tara: You don't know anything about me.

Drake: I know that I can help you. That's all I need.

*He passes her a navy-blue utilitarian jacket with the Zhiyal's emblem on the sleeve.*

Think about it.

*He turns to leave.*

Tara: Drake.

*He turns back to her.*

What you're doing is...

I haven't had a home to go to in a long time.

I can't repay you for this.

Drake: Doing this for you is its own reward.

Tara: If the Orions track me down here...

Drake: They'll have a big fight on their hands. Besides, I know a few P-Sec Captains who can help in a pinch.

So, what do you say?

Tara: If I'm going to agree to this, I want one thing.

Drake: Name it.

Tara: You don't ask me about my past except when it's extremely important. If I want to talk about it, I will.

Drake: Done.
    edited November 2013
    Jacob: well Matt I must say go get the council. Helm set course for the citadel. I want to watch this I want to see in person.
    edited November 2013
    Ooc: ryan did you see Jacob raise hill.
    edited November 2013
    Ooc: ryan did you see Jacob raise hill.

*OOC: Oops, I completely forgot!*

Hill: Halsey, that is the understatement of the century! I've got distress calls left and right and my people are being run ragged trying to respond!
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: Oops, I completely forgot!*

Hill: Halsey, that is the understatement of the century! I've got distress calls left and right and my people are being run ragged trying to respond!

Jacob : so I gathered. Where were you hit hardest. I have the harvenger at about 35 prowlers I can let you use if you need help.
    edited November 2013
    Jacob : so I gathered. Where were you hit hardest. I have the harvenger at about 35 prowlers I can let you use if you need help.

Hill: Right now, I don't know what's happening. I'll keep you posted.
    edited November 2013
    Matt: Believe me, a lot of considerations went into designing these things. One of them was the impact on subspace. It's minimal. By principal, it's just a massive fold-space conduit except with no exit point. Yes, it destabilises subspace, but the effect only lasts a few days.

And, I would point out that Republic ships have used subspace coils since before this council even existed. If you're going to ban the epsilon warheads, we would consider it a reckless action of this council if you didn't--

R'iak: Matt, shut up!

Matt: If you didn't ban the subspace coils and fold-space drives as well.

R'iak: Nicely done. Why don't you stir up a bigger political hailstorm? Please, entertain me.

Drexler: Which is interesting because the Federation managed it without relying on that technology. The Holtz engine is much safer to use and has little to no effect on subspace.

Have we a choice...

Councilors?

Wielder: We of this council still uphold the ban on subspace weaponry, we will not resort to these beasts level in destroying ourselves. We do however overturn the ban on twilight weaponry. As for the immediate rescue of Earth I am sorry. Unless there is an effective plan we will not move forward.

Terry: Damn it.

*He looks over to Matt and just shakes his head...*

Looks like all of our sins came back to bite us in the ***.

I do however have something that might help.

*Wax does message Terry.*

Wax: I hope you have a plan. Fali is worried about the missing Borg and members of his people.

Terry: Vice Admiral... I hope you do like crazy because I think we need to ...

*Notices Voporak... *

Uh.. Who the hell is that?

*OOC: The Holtz engine is a type of gravity drive that doesn't rely on it merely uses dark matter which is in massive supply and is in part why there are more biotics currently.*
    edited November 2013
    Drexler: Which is interesting because the Federation managed it without relying on that technology. The Holtz engine is much safer to use and has little to no effect on subspace.

Have we a choice...

Councilors?

Wielder: We of this council still uphold the ban on subspace weaponry, we will not resort to these beasts level in destroying ourselves. We do however overturn the ban on twilight weaponry. As for the immediate rescue of Earth I am sorry. Unless there is an effective plan we will not move forward.

Wax: I hope you have a plan. Fali is worried about the missing Borg and members of his people.

*Notices Voporak... *

*OOC: The Holtz engine is a type of gravity drive that doesn't rely on it merely uses dark matter which is in massive supply and is in part why there are more biotics currently.*

Voporak: Oh, pardon me, I forgot my introductions. My name is Admiral Voporak, this is my chief tactical officer Lieutenant Commander Omet'etan, and those guys trying to bust down the door are crazy.
    edited November 2013
    Hill: Right now, I don't know what's happening. I'll keep you posted.

Jacob: be sure you do. I'm heading for the citadel looks like things may get interesting there.
    edited November 2013
    Voporak: Oh, pardon me, I forgot my introductions. My name is Admiral Voporak, this is my chief tactical officer Lieutenant Commander Omet'etan, and those guys trying to bust down the door are crazy.

Terry: I doubt that. They are trying to get to you.. Something about catching you and a trial for temporal violations about as long as a a nacelle
    edited November 2013
    The harvenger arrives at the citadel. Where Jacob meets up with captain brea

Jacob: captain how are things going in there.

Brea: it doesn't sound like they are going to do much

Jacob: of course they aren't they are politicians. They never do anything.

They sit down at a cafe.

Jacob: well how many ships do you have here.

Brea: about 30. Enough for a large battle group.

Jacob: alright well we can make that work. Just to get in contact with a few forerunners.

Ooc: the forerunners are few in number but are like the Asgard in sg1. So they can give a unsc ship even footing in almost any fight.
    edited November 2013
    Terry: I doubt that. They are trying to get to you.. Something about catching you and a trial for temporal violations about as long as a a nacelle

Voporak: Oh yeah, that. Speech time.

*Voporak folds his hands behind his back and paces around the room*

You see, I know I've made 213 separate major temporal incursions, at least 397 minor ones, destroyed ships in cold blood for the sake of demonstrating power, caused some pretty ugly time-space mishaps, used unethical subspace tricobalt devices, escaped incarceration, and ruined people's days to no end, but I'm not here to do that this time.

What I have observed over my past visits is what I like to call 'The Bad Guy of The Year Cycle'. You encounter a threat and stop it, after a varying amount of effort, bloodshed, and time. Then some times later a new threat appears. A friend has informed me that I can help you end this, but first you gotta convince those guys behind the door not to shoot me.

*Omet'etan walks up to him and whispers in his ear*

Omet'etan: (whispering) Do you actually have a plan?

Voporak: (whispering back) No, I'm making it up as I go along. If that strange guy is right, then the person we need it in this room.
    edited November 2013

Have we a choice...

Councilors?

*Notices Voporak... *

Matt: Councillors, there are billions of people trapped in the Sol system, facing certain death!

R'iak: I have to agree! Leaving Earth without hope of rescue seems callous and even cowardly! Especially considering this Council launched such desperate efforts to save Reach 20 years ago!
    edited November 2013
    Voporak: Oh yeah, that. Speech time.

*Voporak folds his hands behind his back and paces around the room*

You see, I know I've made 213 separate major temporal incursions, at least 397 minor ones, destroyed ships in cold blood for the sake of demonstrating power, caused some pretty ugly time-space mishaps, used unethical subspace tricobalt devices, escaped incarceration, and ruined people's days to no end, but I'm not here to do that this time.

What I have observed over my past visits is what I like to call 'The Bad Guy of The Year Cycle'. You encounter a threat and stop it, after a varying amount of effort, bloodshed, and time. Then some times later a new threat appears. A friend has informed me that I can help you end this, but first you gotta convince those guys behind the door not to shoot me.

*Omet'etan walks up to him and whispers in his ear*

Omet'etan: (whispering) Do you actually have a plan?

Voporak: (whispering back) No, I'm making it up as I go along. If that strange guy is right, then the person we need it in this room.

*The security teams breach the doors but Terry halts them...*

Terry: This man has the protection of the UGC..

*without Wax who has left the conversation*

Drexler: You both speak of callous choices need to realize this. Any ships that enter that space will die. The truth is we need a sound strategy not just using brute force.. Unless Admiral Dorman left a successor to his role then we will listen. If by small chances you have an idea Vice Admiral give us one.

*OOC:You know it is true and the previous situation at reach is not applicable. So no I am not ending this arc that soon. Like Voporak mentioned its time we hash stuff out. Plus there are standing issues to resolve. Another bit is that they are right. Without a valid weapon they have no chance against the capital ships.*