test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Jacob: captain we have established contact again with fleet comm. There have been some issues but the 12th fleet is preparing to head this way.

Brea: that would be nice.

Jacob: yes it will. Now I think I am going to sneak in and watch the council meeting.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    edited November 2013
    I will be gone almost all of tomorrow
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *The security teams breach the doors but Terry halts them...*

Terry: This man has the protection of the UGC..

*without Wax who has left the conversation*

Drexler: You both speak of callous choices need to realize this. Any ships that enter that space will die. The truth is we need a sound strategy not just using brute force.. Unless Admiral Dorman left a successor to his role then we will listen. If by small chances you have an idea Vice Admiral give us one.

*OOC:You know it is true and the previous situation at reach is not applicable. So no I am not ending this arc that soon. Like Voporak mentioned its time we hash stuff out. Plus there are standing issues to resolve. Another bit is that they are right. Without a valid weapon they have no chance against the capital ships.*

Matt: I'm not suggesting an assault! If we don't give some kind of support, we'll have no chance of resistance on Earth!

The Republic and Klingon Empire both have ships which could sneak into Sol and supply resistance troops without being seen. Just give Earth a lifeline while the Convention mounts a defence here at the Citadel.

R'iak: He's right. If we can keep our enemies tied up with resistance at Earth, they won't be able to focus on our frontline.

And if the Convention can just break a hole in the enemy's lines near Republic Space, we can actually form a real defence, instead of everyone having to hold out for themselves.

Matt: A united line will give us a chance of winning. Otherwise, the Republic line will fail and we'll be taken down.

Once that happens, there'll only be the Klingons and the Romulans left and... no offence to the Klingons, but the Alpha and Beta Quadrants will fall.

Odo: And then the Gamma Quadrant.

Matt: Right.

If everyone bands together, we have a chance. But, if the last of the Republic and Federation forces fall or the Republic line is broken, there won't be anyone left to win this war.

Councillors, you ignored this threat when it first surfaced with Sovereign. The Federation and Republic have been preparing for this, but we can't do it alone. Put the Convention forces under Security Council control, or have all members send a representative to the war council. Either way, we need to stand together or the Galaxy will fall in less than a month.

R'iak: On behalf of the Republic of United Star Systems, I vote yes.
    edited November 2013
    Jacob: well I'll be. They never cease to amaze.

Get off in 4 hours will post more.
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Matt: I'm not suggesting an assault! If we don't give some kind of support, we'll have no chance of resistance on Earth!

The Republic and Klingon Empire both have ships which could sneak into Sol and supply resistance troops without being seen. Just give Earth a lifeline while the Convention mounts a defence here at the Citadel.

R'iak: He's right. If we can keep our enemies tied up with resistance at Earth, they won't be able to focus on our frontline.

And if the Convention can just break a hole in the enemy's lines near Republic Space, we can actually form a real defence, instead of everyone having to hold out for themselves.

Matt: A united line will give us a chance of winning. Otherwise, the Republic line will fail and we'll be taken down.

Once that happens, there'll only be the Klingons and the Romulans left and... no offence to the Klingons, but the Alpha and Beta Quadrants will fall.

Odo: And then the Gamma Quadrant.

Matt: Right.

If everyone bands together, we have a chance. But, if the last of the Republic and Federation forces fall or the Republic line is broken, there won't be anyone left to win this war.

Councillors, you ignored this threat when it first surfaced with Sovereign. The Federation and Republic have been preparing for this, but we can't do it alone. Put the Convention forces under Security Council control, or have all members send a representative to the war council. Either way, we need to stand together or the Galaxy will fall in less than a month.

R'iak: On behalf of the Republic of United Star Systems, I vote yes.

Drexler: We will only consent to a defense line, but a way to fight on even ground or put an end...

Terry: Rissa you might want to tell them this...

Rissa: We did find something interesting in the Mars archive something that could pool resources into..

Angel Halo..

Before anyone has a freak out but with modifications it can and will send out a burst that will destroy them... the only problem will be our gateways will fall and be destroyed. All dark energy will be used to do this...

*The scans come out on the Council's terminals... *

Terry: If the Federation and Klingons can send aid and that of the Dominion we can buy enough time to build this and perhaps prolong the time the Republic will fall.

Drexler: The problem is the disease's rate has made things hard on the Empire to sustain a fighting force. Which is probably why we have not seen a third push by the Romulans in the last 4 years.

I am going to consent to a war summit so these issues be planned out. In the mean time we will have Admiral Bright take the intern position Admiral Dorman left, Captain Allen will head the mission to preserve the Republic leadership... The beings are too close to Dalos and the Pegasus Galaxy.

Terry: It is the best we are going to get.

*OOC: Too quickly man too quickly.*
    edited November 2013
    *S.S. Tora Zhiyal. Jack and Drake are in Drake's Ready Room with Tara standing across from Drake's desk. Jack is leaning on a wall in the corner. There is silence as Jack stands there intimidatingly.*

Drake: Jack...

Jack: Huh?

Drake: You're doing it again.

Jack: What?

Drake: Creeping us out.

Jack: Sorry.

*Jack stands straight.*

Drake: Tara, my First Officer, Security Chief and good friend, Jack.

Tara: Jack who?

Drake: Just Jack.

Jack: Don't ask.

Drake: Jack's probably the most experienced person on this ship. Since we're sorta giving you some security training, I figured he'd give you some help.

Tara: Okay.

Drake: Great. I'll also need you to do a few other jobs, just as training in starship operations. I'll send Luke to get you when that happens.

You can go.

*Tara nods and walks out. Drake turns to Jack.*

Jack: Good kid.

Drake: Think she's got what it takes?

Jack: I haven't seen what she can do yet. I'll set something up on the holodeck later and see what she's got.

Drake: Don't push her too hard, Jack.

See if you can get her trust.

Jack: Any particular reason?

Drake: I know when someone's got a painful past. She's hiding it behind that fun exterior, but there's definitely something there and I think it's related to the Orions.

Jack: Maybe Luke would be a better choice. Those two have already formed a friendship.

Drake: I don't want to force Luke into a difficult situation with her.

Jack: You got it, Dan.
    edited November 2013
    Drexler: We will only consent to a defense line, but a way to fight on even ground or put an end...

Terry: Rissa you might want to tell them this...

Rissa: We did find something interesting in the Mars archive something that could pool resources into..

Angel Halo..

Before anyone has a freak out but with modifications it can and will send out a burst that will destroy them... the only problem will be our gateways will fall and be destroyed. All dark energy will be used to do this...

*The scans come out on the Council's terminals... *

Terry: If the Federation and Klingons can send aid and that of the Dominion we can buy enough time to build this and perhaps prolong the time the Republic will fall.

Drexler: The problem is the disease's rate has made things hard on the Empire to sustain a fighting force. Which is probably why we have not seen a third push by the Romulans in the last 4 years.

I am going to consent to a war summit so these issues be planned out. In the mean time we will have Admiral Bright take the intern position Admiral Dorman left, Captain Allen will head the mission to preserve the Republic leadership... The beings are too close to Dalos and the Pegasus Galaxy.

Terry: It is the best we are going to get.

*OOC: Too quickly man too quickly.*

OOC: I'll say! The Pegasus Gateway is nowhere near Dalos (which is no where near the Federation-Republic Border or the frontlines either, btw) or the Turanian Alliance!

Also, when we say the Gateways will be lost, are we including Iconian Gateways? Because the Iconian Gateways use a different principle to the Andromeda Gate and if we lose the Iconian Gates I have to lose the Pegasus Gate because the Pegasus Gate is the remnant of an ancient Iconian Gateway.

Also, I think you're making the Republic look a little more helpless than it is. Matt said that at the current rate, even if Allied forces don't break the enemy line and allow the Republic to hook up with allied ships the Republic still has 2 months left. Potentially more if the Republic started taking extreme measures to hold their line.

And, you seem to be forgetting how powerful your own enemy is. Even if allied forces formed a single line, it would take years of fighting to get anywhere near Sol, so having the U.G.C. form a single front isn't going to harm your plans any.
    edited November 2013
    OOC: I'll say! The Pegasus Gateway is nowhere near Dalos (which is no where near the Federation-Republic Border or the frontlines either, btw) or the Turanian Alliance!

Also, when we say the Gateways will be lost, are we including Iconian Gateways? Because the Iconian Gateways use a different principle to the Andromeda Gate and if we lose the Iconian Gates I have to lose the Pegasus Gate because the Pegasus Gate is the remnant of an ancient Iconian Gateway.

Also, I think you're making the Republic look a little more helpless than it is. Matt said that at the current rate, even if Allied forces don't break the enemy line and allow the Republic to hook up with allied ships the Republic still has 2 months left. Potentially more if the Republic started taking extreme measures to hold their line.

And, you seem to be forgetting how powerful your own enemy is. Even if allied forces formed a single line, it would take years of fighting to get anywhere near Sol, so having the U.G.C. form a single front isn't going to harm your plans any.

*OOC: I actually wanted a bit more problems, I also mean the ones built to ease the travel between worlds... not the Iconian ones. Plus I am setting it up to be a bit longer in finding a better way of fighting them meaning actually harming the Capital ships.

What I meant by bringing up Pegasus is when they are done here. If they succeed and wonder at their next stop... Which all are lost to they don't know if they are going there next or so.

I also plan on bringing one more race into this and they have been seen briefly during a certain scene. So yes lets do take some time. *
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: I actually wanted a bit more problems, I also mean the ones built to ease the travel between worlds... not the Iconian ones. Plus I am setting it up to be a bit longer in finding a better way of fighting them meaning actually harming the Capital ships.

What I meant by bringing up Pegasus is when they are done here. If they succeed and wonder at their next stop... Which all are lost to they don't know if they are going there next or so.

I also plan on bringing one more race into this and they have been seen briefly during a certain scene. So yes lets do take some time. *

OOC: Okay, but making stealth supply runs into Sol is still a sound strategy. It doesn't have to have a big impact, but it gives Dorman an actual lifeline of food and supplies.

Also, I think the Republic would seal the Pegasus Gateway before letting the Eblisi reach it.
    edited November 2013
    Jacob: drastic measures.

A armored well built forerunner walks up to him.

Fury: there idea would be more beneficial to them then previous attempts by our ancestor.

Jacob: yeah because they aren't whipping out all life to do it.

Fury: perhaps. I don't think this is why you called for me though.

Jacob: no it wasn't. I needed to see if you could help out on the phoenix. So they can help fight.

Fury: yes I will.

Jacob: wonderful. I have a feeling this is going to bbe a long bloody battle.

Fury: I should tell your son Tomax slipped avoarded the phoenix as well.

Jacob: yes yes I already saw. And I'm going to talk to him.
    edited November 2013
    OOC: Okay, but making stealth supply runs into Sol is still a sound strategy. It doesn't have to have a big impact, but it gives Dorman an actual lifeline of food and supplies.

Also, I think the Republic would seal the Pegasus Gateway before letting the Eblisi reach it.

*OOC: I was expecting that and a gritty side story if you would think about it. As would so many places here in this whole thing. I will get into a flashback for Danny.*
    edited November 2013
    Drexler: I do think that we can manage stealth runs into the Sol system, also building this is going to take a lot especially if we want to survive and build it before we fail.

Fali: Interesting my people should be able to help take the grunt work. Which I will confer with them.

We also will need scientists and non soldiers to help.

Wielder: It is settled then.. Admiral Bright will take the intern role as leader of our collected forces.

Vice Admiral if you will lead our agent here to evacuate the leadership.. Hopefully we won't have to worry about losing more civilian governments. The next step will be handling the disease amoung the citizens of the galaxy. Holtz. You will be in charge of this.

As for you Captain your indescretion being overlooked we will grant you a ship and crew of your choosing. You will need a crack team..

Terry: Thank you Councilors..

Wielder: You will be getting the republic leaders out.

Terry: Yes sir. I will do so.
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: Quite ill today gonna try and post late so do move on I will post later on today.. Hope people are having a better day then I am.. *
    edited November 2013
    Drexler: I do think that we can manage stealth runs into the Sol system, also building this is going to take a lot especially if we want to survive and build it before we fail.

Fali: Interesting my people should be able to help take the grunt work. Which I will confer with them.

We also will need scientists and non soldiers to help.

Wielder: It is settled then.. Admiral Bright will take the intern role as leader of our collected forces.

Vice Admiral if you will lead our agent here to evacuate the leadership.. Hopefully we won't have to worry about losing more civilian governments. The next step will be handling the disease amoung the citizens of the galaxy. Holtz. You will be in charge of this.

As for you Captain your indescretion being overlooked we will grant you a ship and crew of your choosing. You will need a crack team..

Terry: Thank you Councilors..

Wielder: You will be getting the republic leaders out.

Terry: Yes sir. I will do so.

*10 minutes later. Matt is talking to David on an encrypted channel.*

David: Sorry about the hell the Council gave you, sir. I--

Matt: David, you did what you had to. If we're forced to fall back even a lightyear, it'll turn into a full retreat. We can't afford that.

In other words, if you have to make that call again, you'll have my full support. The President has already given full clearance for the use of SA-51s across the frontline. Hopefully, we'll be able to get a route to the Citadel again.

David: Aye, sir.

Any special messages you want me to convey to the fleet?

Matt: Aside from the SA-51 order, no.

Just don't get yourself killed, Dave.

David: Aye, aye. Republic out.

*The channel closes. Matt then opens a channel to the R.S.S. Normandy. John quickly comes on the screen.*

John: Admiral.

Matt: Captain. I've got a special assignment for you.

John: Sir.

Matt: I need you to run supplies into Sol without being spotted. Can you manage that?

John: I think so, sir.

Matt: Good. While you're there, see if you can find Admiral Dorman or even members of the Federation Council.

John: Understood.

Talk about a war, eh?

Matt: I don't think we had this much of a panic during the Shadow War.
    edited November 2013
    Jacob is aboard the harvenger in his ready room. When a young man walks with in. Wearing a gryphon power armored suit helmet off and holding it at his side.

Tomax: so I wasn't that sneeky huh.

Jacob: no you wherent. Even with the augmentation and training you can't out sneak your farther.

Tomax: fury told you didnt he.

Jacob: maybe. So all of gamma squad is with you.

Tomax: no just me.
    edited November 2013
    *S.S. Tora Zhiyal, Tara's Quarters. Tara and Luke are talking.*

Luke: So Jack found Drake when he was our age and has been something like a father figure to him.

Tara: How old is he?

Luke: Dunno. Just know he's older than he looks. A lot older.
    edited November 2013
    OOC: sorry all i dont have my phone for the next two weeks so my posting will be whenever i can get a chance at work or at home
    edited November 2013
    Jacob: well since your here theres no point in sending you back now.

Tomax: i was hoping you would say that.So whats the plan

Jacob: not alot at the moment i have a prowler running emergency supplies to sol the rest are monitoring the situation and securing who they can where they can. The council seems to be willing to sit back and hold a line that is semi protective at best. Shield is being worn down quickly and Hill doesnt know exactly what is going on.

Tomax: so what are WE going to do

Jacob: put together an advanced team get the Valiant here and go after the one man who can answer our question.

Tomax: Stane?

Jacob: yes he is the one behind this and has been helping them along the whole time we need to find out what he knows and what they are all planning to do.

Tomax: well then lets get to work

Else Where

A man sits in a luxurious apartment on Reach watching the holo feed of the council and the attacks going on. He sips a glass of tea. He hasnt aged much and would still be recognized by those he has seen. A man walks up to him

Yi'ta: All has been prepared as you ordered Tyrranus when do i get paid.

Tyrranus: have you told anyone where or what you where doing

Yi'ta: no

A smile cross his face

Tyrranus: good then you will now receive your payment

He lets off a short burst of dark energy vaporizing the merc. He goes back to his drink.

Tyrranus: and so it all begins I think its time i had a certain talk with a certain person.

He gets up putting on his cloak as he steps out and walks into the rain towards the space port.

UNSC Space
    Jehrico 7 orbital facility Damascus

Harper: i dont know if that is a good idea

Terrace: we dont have much of a choice you saw what the UGC plans on doing not alot for the people stuck there all im saying is lets take the Infinity, Forward Unto Dawn, and In Amber Clad and make a quick strike and rescue who we can.

Harper: not only would we be risking our three most powerful Infinity class vessels we dont know anything of the area now.

Terrace: wouldnt be the first time we went in blind.

Harper : we hold off for now once we here from either Captain Brea or Jacob then we will go in
    edited November 2013
    Infinity class vessel

The Infinity class vessel is a part of the larger Asterhargen project. Each one has been built for one purpose to analyze all threats to the UNSC and take out those threats as quickly as possible. Current rate of productions is 2 per year....

Active and known Infinity class vessels

UNSC Infinity
    UNSC Forward Unto Dawn
    UNSC In Amber Clad

All three are currently part of the Home Fleet

Infinity class specs: The Infinity class has been a work in progress for 40 plus years since the UNSC was first drivin from Virgo and the UNSC realized that major changes needed to be made to her ships and technology.This is the culmination of that work

Infinity Class

Length: 5,694.2 metres

Width: 833.3 meters

Height:1041 meters

Weapons:

Beam Arrays- 54 High Modulating energy beam arrays
    Canons-
    12 Super PAC canons
    35 modulating energy guass canons
    250 point defense turrets
    15 multi purpose torpedo bays

105 anti missile platforms

Shields
    Each Infinity class vessel is shielded by retrofitted technology from precursors artifacts. making each shield capable of taking a tremondous amount of damage and regenerating at 8x the standered UNSC shield.

Engines- Powered by precursor technology as well allows the Infinity class to make extremely fast and accurate jumps through slip space and can travel with out the need of gateways.

Hangers
    75 longsword fighters
    90 gryphon class interceptors
    45 pelican class dropships
    4 Runner class heavy frigates

It is also equipped with a state of the art sensor and comm package. Each one is also equipped with its own special precursor package of weapons that adapt to its needs and analyzes the enemy fighting technique and adpats the weapons and shields to match the enemy.

Crew: 9500
    Marines: 2500
    Gryphon troopers: 950
    ODST: 1500

Mantis mechs: 150
    Scorpion Battle tank: 75
    Warthog: 250

The hull is comprised of numerous alloys both UNSC and Precursor in make it is also 2.4 feet thick in armor and the bridge is surrounded in 3 feet of armor.

These ships are easily the most powerful vessels ever made by the UNSC they are made to fight and command fleets in the event that a key world should ever fall again.
    edited November 2013
    OOC: well might as well post one more before i go to bed

Deep in UNSC space a forerunner ship sits where an ancient forerunner stands next to his wife as she dies. After 5000 years being together they now must part.

Librarian: do not mourn for me my husband. We knew this day would come sonner or later.

Dyson: still to lose you will break my heart

Librarian: you will do well my husband remember what we have started and what we must finish

Dyson: of course my love

He takes he hand and kisses it as she closes her eyes and he feels her life fade away
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: Sorry its been a little silent on my end picked up my new PS4 and I have papers due and stuff at work that needs to be resolved. So will post when I get the chance.*
    edited November 2013
    *Terry is watching the USS Possibility being repaired, the crew is uneasy as the council placed the ship under his command over Phillips as Reynolds recovers. He has made inquiries about people to fill his team. He has heard nothing so far. Except one an older member of Vanguard who is semi retired. *

Danny: I guess you are the one who has called me in here...

Terry: You have been in this situation before.

Danny: It means little Captain.. I am not a man at his very best.. *coughing*

Terry: Do you need medic...

Danny: No.. This is my penance for my sins, the men I have killed were evil but so was I.. For wiping their existence and taking their future evils onto myself.

Allow this old soldier to do one more thing before his time runs out.

Terry: Is that what haunts you?

Danny: Yes.

*Staring at the ground as his coughing fit dies down*

I was not there for him when his mother died. I sent him to live with relatives while I took the lives of those that did it to me and my son.

Terry: Alright. Go check in with Vanguard they may want to know that you are retiring..

Danny: I am surprised that you are not turning me in.

Terry: No... I still think you have something to offer this galaxy...

*Elsewhere on the Citadel the Federation is sending aid to the Republic with the new Jegan and New Joker class frigates and Space Ark class cruisers*
    edited November 2013
    As jacob reads through a padd a screen displays these words

" The hushed casket is opened"

Jacob: oh please tell me they havent firefly raise fleetcomm NOW!

Firefly: right away
    edited November 2013
    UNSC Facility
    Planet designation alpha 1

genetics lab

The lab is mostly destroyed as an ODST squad arrives.

ODST: Captain test subject Bishop has escaped i repeat Bishop is no longer in the lab...

Jehrico 7

harper: this isnt good

Terrace: really what was your first clue combining precursor and normal dna together trying to revive something we have no idea what Bishop is capable of or where he will go.

Harper: relax we will find him before word gets out.

A freighter traveling through slipspace a tall well built man sits be himself watching those around him.

OOC: yes of course the UNSC is doing genetic experiments been doing them along time this one though might be a little out of there control
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *Yet another hallway in the Citadel. Voporak and Omet'etan, safe from being shot on the spot, contact the Red October.*

Voporak: ...so yes, that is why it is safe to decloak.

Mirra (currently in command with Voporak not onboard): If you say so, captain.

*The Andorian turns to Xa'vek, a Romulan in temporary place for Omet'etan*

Prepare to decloak.

*She hails the hidden timeships*

Please honor your end of the agreement, as we will.

*Upon receiving the confirmation from a timeship,*

Xa'vak: *with some amount of hesitation* Cutting power to the cloaking device, raising shields.

*30 assorted Mobius and Wells class ships appear out of sensor masking. And then, the grand centerpiece of all the temporal incursions begins distorting space visually. As its stealth goes down, the huge form is revealed. The shape of the Dominion dreadnought is still visible, but the outer hull is affixed with dozens of weapon firing points from the captured Scimitar warbird. Above the dreadnought's nacelle pylons are attached the wings of the Scimitar, giving it a menacing four-pronged look. Underneath the pylons are two pairs of warp nacelles, harvested from the Scimitar. The entire ship is colored a dark gray, varying in intensity, as well as a sickening green and purple glow coming from parts of vessel. The mechanical nightmare is armed to the teeth with weaponry.*

*Back with Voporak and Omet'etan*

Voporak: It's kinda funny how a hellish thing like this came to make peace.

Omet'etan: Funny?

Voporak: It's an expression... Jem'hadar don't have those, do they?

Omet'etan: None that I have ever learned of.

Voporak: Remind me to teach you to have a proper sense of humor.

Now let's go see what they're all up to. I bet they're planning another attempt at trying to get themselves killed while playing a futile game with powers they can't beat. Not unless, like, a deus ex machina happens to show up and save the day.

Omet'etan: I doubt they will ever listen. It'll just keep going on in this cycle.

Voporak: That's what we - what I am here for. To teach these Admirals and Presidents and Ambassadors that it's gotta end at some point. That the cycle can be broken.

Omet'etan: It'll just never happen if they keep throwing ships and lives at it.

Voporak: Exactly.

Omet'etan: But if we were to stage an intervention with all the galactic powers, which are conveniently massed here right now...

*Voporak grins*

I like where you're going with this. What do you have in mind?

Voporak: You'll see, you'll see. I just love it when a plan comes together.

*OOC: Will be gone for a lot of the day tomorrow...*
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited November 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    *Yet another hallway in the Citadel. Voporak and Omet'etan, safe from being shot on the spot, contact the Red October.*

Voporak: ...so yes, that is why it is safe to decloak.

Mirra (currently in command with Voporak not onboard): If you say so, captain.

*The Andorian turns to Xa'vek, a Romulan in temporary place for Omet'etan*

Prepare to decloak.

*She hails the hidden timeships*

Please honor your end of the agreement, as we will.

*Upon receiving the confirmation from a timeship,*

Xa'vak: *with some amount of hesitation* Cutting power to the cloaking device, raising shields.

*30 assorted Mobius and Wells class ships appear out of sensor masking. And then, the grand centerpiece of all the temporal incursions begins distorting space visually. As its stealth goes down, the huge form is revealed. The shape of the Dominion dreadnought is still visible, but the outer hull is affixed with dozens of weapon firing points from the captured Scimitar warbird. Above the dreadnought's nacelle pylons are attached the wings of the Scimitar, giving it a menacing four-pronged look. Underneath the pylons are two pairs of warp nacelles, harvested from the Scimitar. The entire ship is colored a dark gray, varying in intensity, as well as a sickening green and purple glow coming from parts of vessel. The mechanical nightmare is armed to the teeth with weaponry.*

*Back with Voporak and Omet'etan*

Voporak: It's kinda funny how a hellish thing like this came to make peace.

Omet'etan: Funny?

Voporak: It's an expression... Jem'hadar don't have those, do they?

Omet'etan: None that I have ever learned of.

Voporak: Remind me to teach you to have a proper sense of humor.

Now let's go see what they're all up to. I bet they're planning another attempt at trying to get themselves killed while playing a futile game with powers they can't beat. Not unless, like, a deus ex machina happens to show up and save the day.

Omet'etan: I doubt they will ever listen. It'll just keep going on in this cycle.

Voporak: That's what we - what I am here for. To teach these Admirals and Presidents and Ambassadors that it's gotta end at some point. That the cycle can be broken.

Omet'etan: It'll just never happen if they keep throwing ships and lives at it.

Voporak: Exactly.

Omet'etan: But if we were to stage an intervention with all the galactic powers, which are conveniently massed here right now...

*Voporak grins*

I like where you're going with this. What do you have in mind?

Voporak: You'll see, you'll see. I just love it when a plan comes together.

*OOC: Will be gone for a lot of the day tomorrow...*

*OOC: I think it will be delayed for a bit but a brilliant idea as I think a couple things need to happen. Such as bringing Species 9042 and resolve their story and the idea and dangers of supermen so yes the being will be back.*

*The voice of the being rings again beside Voporak*

Being: It isn't likely that they can fight back but in the interm all they can do is throw what they can at them. Angel Halo is their salvation what they need is materials to build it and a valid site to build it in secret. The UGC consented to build it. What the worry is... is the Romulans...

*Elsewhere Danny arrives at the Vanguard building and looks at the wall..*
    edited November 2013
    *S.S. Tora Zhiyal. Drake and Jack are in the Conference Room drinking coffee.*

Drake: Y'know, there's one thing I never understood, Jack.

Jack: Yeah?

Drake: Well, as far as I can tell, no one saw the Vanguard together after the Shadow War. What happened?

Jack: We had our reasons for splitting up the Vanguard. Forest wanted to find a cure for the Destroyer so he could finally live a normal life, Armada wanted to try to kep the team together... I don't know where Daniel went.

Drake: And Sanders? For that matter, why did you leave?

*Jack drops his head for a second.*

Jack: That ain't a door you wanna open, Drake.

*The comm chirps.*

Daxis *Over Comm*: Captain, we're entering orbit of Ora.

Drake: Understood. Clear us to land.

Jack: We're not beaming the supplies down?

Drake: They haven't got the equipment to move them down there, and do you know how difficult it is to beam down a grav-sled without it crushing on rematerialisation?

Nope, we've got to land and deliver it ourselves.

Jack: Ora doesn't have a space port yet. We'll have to land on the outskirts.

Drake: Yup.

What's up? Not exactly new for us to have to land. We do it all the time.

Jack: Yeah, but what about the new kid? Has she experienced a re-entry before?

Drake: She's a hopper, Jack. I'm sure she has.

Besides, if she's gonna be part of the crew, she'll have to go through a landing at some point.

And that's 'entry', not 're-entry'. We haven't left Ora's atmosphere before, so we can't re-enter it.

Jack: You knew what I meant.
    edited November 2013
    *The Zhiyal starts her descent, two obelisk-like structures rotating from the side of the ship and pointing downward as retro-thrusters at the front of the ship start the de-orbital burn.

Bridge*

Daxis: Periapsis height: 200km.

Periapsis is now within Ora's mesosphere and descending from 100km.

Drake: Keep us steady, Dax.

Daxis: Aye.

Periapsis now at 50km - within the stratosphere and decreasing rapidly. Ending retro-burn.

Altitude is 400km and dropping.

Periapsis has entered planetary body - we are on sub-orbital trajectory.

Drake: Engage electromagnetic motors.

Daxis: EM drives online. Slowing rate of descent.

Engaging vertical thrusters at 100km.

Altitude now at 300km.

Drake: Dax...

Daxis: Sorry.

Hull temperature rising slowly through thermosphere. Well within hull tolerances.

Altitude is 200km. Vertical speed is increasing.

120. Engaging vertical thrusters!

*Outside, the Zhiyal's vertical thrusters burst into life. As the ship enters the mesosphere, the hull begins to glow.*

We are experiencing shock-heating! Hull temperature rising rapidly!

Drake: Raise shields.

Daxis: Shields up.

Hull temperature dropping.

80km. We're inside the stratosphere. 60km and descending.

Rate of descent dropping.

40km.

10. Inside the troposphere.

7km and levelling out.

Altitude holding at 6,500m.

Drake: A little steeper than usual, Dax.

Daxis: Yes sir.

We're 100km off target. Compensating.

Done. Lowering thrust to bring us down on the outskirts.

6,000m.

Approaching the settlement. Initiating landing pattern to bring us down outside.

*The ship begins to enter a (controlled) downward spiral around the settlement.*

Increasing thrust again.

750m

Lowering landing stabilisers.

*The transport's landing legs extend from the belly of the ship and lock in place as the ship descends towards the surface, the retros firing one more time to cancel out the last of her lateral velocity.*

100m.

*He eases the throttle up gently.*

10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

*They feel a small rock as the ship touches down. The stabilisers contract slightly as they take the load of the ship's weight, before slowly lowering to allow egress through the exit ramps on the ship's belly. The cargo pods also slowly lower down so the hatches are at ground level.*

OOC: I really enjoyed writing this piece. I don't think people really appreciate how difficult it is to build a sizable space craft which can actually land. Because shape and aerodynamics don't really apply in space, you can shed a tone of extra mass by not bothering with it. The problem is that this makes it almost impossible to safely return such craft and by adding aerodynamic elements to a space craft, you're adding more mass and causing it to be almost impossible to even lift such a craft into orbit, unless it's about as big or smaller than the space shuttle. In Star Trek, they get around this by assembling space craft in orbit.

But even so, there's a limit to how big a space craft can be (i.e. how much mass it can have) while being able to land and take off and Starfleet ships aren't exactly aerodynamic as they are more warp-dynamic. Also, since different planets have different gravities, a starship with a weight of 500kg on Earth would weigh something like 185kg on Mars, or 1,250 at Jupiter, so landing stabilisers would have to take into account varying gravitational fields through some form of suspension.

Now you see why only the Intrepid, B'rel, Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and Defiant could land in the series.

I'd say the Zhiyal is smaller than the Intrepid, but definitely bigger than the Defiant, so it could conceivably land in canon (in terms of mass, coupled with the Zhiyal's special gimmick, which I'll get into later).

I hope you enjoyed this little physics lesson!
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: So Ryan.. Who all is in the Vanguard after 20 years?*

Danny: *Walks around the building feeling the ghosts of the past... his cough begins to occur again and falls to his knees.. his body feeling weak as he can't reach his hypo... *
    edited November 2013
    *Director Mason's office the Broker comes on his terminal...*

Broker: Director. How has the last dozen or so years been?