test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    OOC: When I said the Republic, I meant the starfleet cadet ship.

And I've already typed the post in its entirety, so... I can't change it while I'm on my tablet.

OOC: Its cool man. No worries.
    edited November 2013
    *Terry proceeds down the tube and reaches the pod door...and proceeds with skin talk.. through the honeycomb built door... *

Terry: Alright open the door your safe for the moment.. proceed through the tube to the shuttle.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *An orb takes interest in some escape pods and the one Dani is in... Terry does take note of this and has them close off the area Reynolds is in and puts his helmet back on... he opens the shuttle door, watching the orb playing with the pod... *

Terry: I had enough of this.. *His power begins to radiate with his power and takes hold of the orb and with pent up rage he pulls it apart squirting its fluids all over space.. using his TK he turns the damaged pod to the shuttle door...*

Pilot engage the emergency tube for the occupants to get out..

Pilot: Aye engaging the Tube..

*The tube goes forth as a rubbery substance retracts out ward and attaches it to the pod door*

*The CPO carries Dani to the shuttle, setting her down on the deck.*

CPO: Thanks...

Did anybody else make it?
    edited November 2013
    *The CPO carries Dani to the shuttle, setting her down on the deck.*

CPO: Thanks...

Did anybody else make it?

Terry: The USS Possibility is pickup everyone it can.. The orbs are picking off pods now too.. That is why the CIS ship is trying to get their attention..

*Turns to the pilot * Disengage the tube.. I don't want to be a sitting duck out here.

*When the tube is done they get going to the ship which is getting ready to get out of the area. *

Terry: *Looks down at the unconscious cadet mesmerized... and tired...*
    edited November 2013
    *Gyunei is sitting in the shuttle, Stane is on the QEC...*

Gyunei: I managed to copy the data and sent it to base...

Stane: I received it. Good work come on back...
    edited November 2013
    Terry: The USS Possibility is pickup everyone it can.. The orbs are picking off pods now too.. That is why the CIS ship is trying to get their attention..

*Turns to the pilot * Disengage the tube.. I don't want to be a sitting duck out here.

*When the tube is done they get going to the ship which is getting ready to get out of the area. *

Terry: *Looks down at the unconscious cadet mesmerized... and tired...*

*Dani starts to wake up.*

CPO: Do you know her, sir?

Dani: Terry...?
    edited November 2013
    *Dani starts to wake up.*

CPO: Do you know her, sir?

Dani: Terry...?

Terry: Yes. I do.. Her family always came by when my foster parents had time.

I thought you were away from here.
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Jacob: terry are you almost done. We detect capital ships headed this way. We need to go now.

He rocks as the harvenger takes another blast.

Officer: sir shields at 45 percent primary weapons are in cool down mode we are using point defense on orbs.

Jacob: terry you got 15 min the I'm pulling out.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    edited November 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Jacob: terry are you almost done. We detect capital ships headed this way. We need to go now.

He rocks as the harvenger takes another blast.

Officer: sir shields at 45 percent primary weapons are in cool down mode we are using point defense on orbs.

Jacob: terry you got 15 min the I'm pulling out.

*When the shuttle docks back on the ship Phillips answers Jacob...*

Phillips: We are falling back to a safe point. You can get out of here.
    edited November 2013
    *When the shuttle docks back on the ship Phillips answers Jacob...*

Phillips: We are falling back to a safe point. You can get out of here.

Jacob: helm get us the hell out of here. Firefly set course. Let's look over the data we recovered in my ready room. Commander bolmer you have the bridge.

Jacob walks into his ready room firefly appearing on his desk.

Jacob: so let's see if they had anything we don't already.

Firefly : sir you do realize that we should be heading to the citadel not away from it. There are unsc ships waiting for us.

Jacob: captain brea is on her way to oversee them. We are going database shopping. There are other archives we can still find. And I plan to before stane does. And when I'm ready we go find him.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    edited November 2013
    *Possibility is in warp heading away to the Citadel.*

*Phillips is heading on down to Sick bay Phillips goes in and does see that the doctors are running low on supplies... Reynolds is stabilized but the swelling is not stopping..*

Phillips: Doctor we are making the best possible speed to proper medical care as I can see your hard pressed for medications.

Doctor: Good. As for the Captain... I managed to save his life but the swelling is slowed it will kill him eventually but I am applying what I can.
    edited November 2013
    Terry: Yes. I do.. Her family always came by when my foster parents had time.

I thought you were away from here.

*U.S.S. Possibility. Terry, Dani and the CPO are in guest quarters.*

Dani: My typical luck...

Starfleet-RNF cadet exchange. Not only did I get to spend some time with Starfleet Academy, but I had to endure the training flight as well.

CPO: When we said it would end with a bang, this wasn't what we meant.

Dani: I'm glad you find it funny. We left Miller to die!

CPO: He was already dead, Cadet. Without medical attention, he'd have bled out before we got to the escape pod.

Dani: WE SHOULDN'T HAVE JUST LEFT HIM!

*A tear starts rolling down her cheek.*

CPO: It wasn't your fault, Dani.

You two were Republic cadets. If it weren't for Starfleet's eagerness for insight on our potential enemies, you wouldn't have even been there.

And don't even lie about it, Captain. I've been around the block a few times. I know how the Admiralty thinks! The 'great' Federation! The United Federation of Hypocrites! Preaching the right of others to their own cultural identity and then trying to strip it from them! The Klingons and Romulans are perfect examples!

Dani: Chief...

CPO: I'm not finished!

The Federation I signed on to protect hasn't existed for a hundred years! If it did, we'd have never tried to force our practices on the Romulans and Klingons a century ago!

As far as I'm concerned, we NEEDED the Iconians to give us a kick in our superiority complex 30 years ago! I just wish they'd finished the job!

*OOC: Keep in mind that the Chief is just having an outburst and that those two just saw an entire ship of cadets destroyed.

Also, the Chief is Starfleet, just so you don't assume it's a Republic Naval NCO saying it.

It is also, to a point, true. I was thinking it at the time that the Federation seemed to be imposing its will on the Klingons and Romulans. I even used that as room for the Romulan Civil War. But, it just struck me that there had to be some people in Starfleet who realised that the Federation isn't half as benign as it pretends to be. Even in the shows, this can be seen.*
    edited November 2013
    *U.S.S. Possibility. Terry, Dani and the CPO are in guest quarters.*

Dani: My typical luck...

Starfleet-RNF cadet exchange. Not only did I get to spend some time with Starfleet Academy, but I had to endure the training flight as well.

CPO: When we said it would end with a bang, this wasn't what we meant.

Dani: I'm glad you find it funny. We left Miller to die!

CPO: He was already dead, Cadet. Without medical attention, he'd have bled out before we got to the escape pod.

Dani: WE SHOULDN'T HAVE JUST LEFT HIM!

*A tear starts rolling down her cheek.*

CPO: It wasn't your fault, Dani.

You two were Republic cadets. If it weren't for Starfleet's eagerness for insight on our potential enemies, you wouldn't have even been there.

And don't even lie about it, Captain. I've been around the block a few times. I know how the Admiralty thinks! The 'great' Federation! The United Federation of Hypocrites! Preaching the right of others to their own cultural identity and then trying to strip it from them! The Klingons and Romulans are perfect examples!

Dani: Chief...

CPO: I'm not finished!

The Federation I signed on to protect hasn't existed for a hundred years! If it did, we'd have never tried to force our practices on the Romulans and Klingons a century ago!

As far as I'm concerned, we NEEDED the Iconians to give us a kick in our superiority complex 30 years ago! I just wish they'd finished the job!

*OOC: Keep in mind that the Chief is just having an outburst and that those two just saw an entire ship of cadets destroyed.

Also, the Chief is Starfleet, just so you don't assume it's a Republic Naval NCO saying it.

It is also, to a point, true. I was thinking it at the time that the Federation seemed to be imposing its will on the Klingons and Romulans. I even used that as room for the Romulan Civil War. But, it just struck me that there had to be some people in Starfleet who realised that the Federation isn't half as benign as it pretends to be. Even in the shows, this can be seen.*

Terry: Chief your not wrong. The Federation is not all blameless in this, but neither is anyone else. But times have changed, the Republic has not been completely blameless either nor have the Iconians. For all this galaxy's talk of cooperation their game of power has indeed ruined hope for the future. But that Superiority is gone. Preston made sure of that.

AND MY FATHER PAID FOR IT WITH HIS LIFE...

The Federation you fight for does exist because it is idea of unity and cooperation that exists within all of us. The galaxy is not perfect as people never want to believe the worst can happen or even exist. That syndrome is in all of us. If you want to blame someone Chief blame the ones that refuse to see and the ones that ignore the people and refuse to take their oath seriously.

I understand your despair Chief.. I was on Earth when those things struck.. There were civilians and children I could not help or reach.. So I did my best but even then I had to leave them behind.

Hell Admiral Dorman stayed behind on Earth to save as many as he can and fight back... Admiral Bright is still fighting.

*despair is on his face*

Every moment I feel them die and hear their cries in my mind. Even the ideaolgical meaning of the Newtypes has been largely ignored. Peace and Understanding without Misconception. That world I know is not all impossible it is something that has to be worked on at all times. Cultures change chief not immediately but will in time and some don't want to wait for that and deal with the tensions that it brings. That is the people you should blame.. People like Admiral Garral...

So Chief... when you say the Federation has been dead for a century.. It isn't.. People like you and me know what it is deep down the true idea of it and that is what we need to show people. If it was dead then we have lost... And I refuse to believe that.

*OOC: I know but the same can be said for the game of power that everyone is playing. Also this superiority has been answered during the Galactic Civil War and was part of why his father isn't around anymore. *
    edited November 2013
    Terry: Chief your not wrong. The Federation is not all blameless in this, but neither is anyone else. But times have changed, the Republic has not been completely blameless either nor have the Iconians. For all this galaxy's talk of cooperation their game of power has indeed ruined hope for the future. But that Superiority is gone. Preston made sure of that.

AND MY FATHER PAID FOR IT WITH HIS LIFE...

The Federation you fight for does exist because it is idea of unity and cooperation that exists within all of us. The galaxy is not perfect as people never want to believe the worst can happen or even exist. That syndrome is in all of us. If you want to blame someone Chief blame the ones that refuse to see and the ones that ignore the people and refuse to take their oath seriously.

I understand your despair Chief.. I was on Earth when those things struck.. There were civilians and children I could not help or reach.. So I did my best but even then I had to leave them behind.

Hell Admiral Dorman stayed behind on Earth to save as many as he can and fight back... Admiral Bright is still fighting.

*despair is on his face*

Every moment I feel them die and hear their cries in my mind. Even the ideaolgical meaning of the Newtypes has been largely ignored. Peace and Understanding without Misconception. That world I know is not all impossible it is something that has to be worked on at all times. Cultures change chief not immediately but will in time and some don't want to wait for that and deal with the tensions that it brings. That is the people you should blame.. People like Admiral Garral...

So Chief... when you say the Federation has been dead for a century.. It isn't.. People like you and me know what it is deep down the true idea of it and that is what we need to show people. If it was dead then we have lost... And I refuse to believe that.

*OOC: I know but the same can be said for the game of power that everyone is playing. Also this superiority has been answered during the Galactic Civil War and was part of why his father isn't around anymore. *

*Dani looks at him, scared. The chief walks out, leaning against the wall, sliding down and burying his head in has hands.

Inside, Dani sits next to Terry, looking into his eyes as she starts to get overwhelmed again, tearing up as Terry sees what happened to Miller on the Republic.*
    edited November 2013
    *Dani looks at him, scared. The chief walks out, leaning against the wall, sliding down and burying his head in has hands.

Inside, Dani sits next to Terry, looking into his eyes as she starts to get overwhelmed again, tearing up as Terry sees what happened to Miller on the Republic.*

Terry: Seems you too had this nightmare drop on you... Terrible...

I am sorry that you saw that and that it happened to you be strong alright. He is still there in your heart..

*Gives her a strong hug*

*OOC: I thought the point Terry made was a touching point and honestly that was what I wanted the Newtypes to mean.. an eventual means of people understanding things and people easier than normal people. Plus been having a lot of malfunctions on this site for the last several days so forgive the speed revisions and posts come.*
    edited November 2013
    Jacob is in his ready room reading a padd.

Terrace: Jacob good we got a signal. How is the situation over there.

Jacob:as expected. Adly.
    edited November 2013
    *Citadel Federation Embassy, Lexi is sitting down in her seat watching her boss stride around taking this problem badly...*

Selib'ar: Do we have any feeds from Earth?

Aide: Negative sir.. The feeds are still down..

Selib'ar: See if you can still get GNN to get someone down there..

Aide: I don't think they will take that well.

*Lexi says nothing *

Selib'ar: Lexi your Brother is on Earth right now isn't he?

Lexi: Its a good guess but he may be dead or not on Earth right now.
    edited November 2013
    Captain brea arrives at the citadel.

Break: report

Officer: ma'am we have about 75 ships awaiting orders.

Brea: make sure they are fully armed and ready first.

Officer: yes captain.
    edited November 2013
    Terry: Seems you too had this nightmare drop on you... Terrible...

I am sorry that you saw that and that it happened to you be strong alright. He is still there in your heart..

*Gives her a strong hug*

*OOC: I thought the point Terry made was a touching point and honestly that was what I wanted the Newtypes to mean.. an eventual means of people understanding things and people easier than normal people. Plus been having a lot of malfunctions on this site for the last several days so forgive the speed revisions and posts come.*

Dani: Miller was my friend... and I just... LEFT him!
    edited November 2013
    Brea sits in her chair looking over the reports. She is relieved to see the harvemger made it away from mars. She now hopes that Jacob will coke here and help. She needs someone who has more experience with this kinda thing.
    edited November 2013
    *Citadel, War Room. Matt is wearing an RNF Flag Officer Uniform (a navy blue jacket with white trim and a red undershirt with collar) with 3 gold stripes on either shoulder, the top stripe having a loop in it, showing his rank as a Vice Admiral. He is reading the reports on what is happening in the Sol System, walking away from the terminal and sitting down, wiping his face with his hands in exasperation. A lieutenant walks over to him.*

Lieutenant: Sir?

Are you alright?

Matt: Have you heard about the U.S.S. Republic?

Lieutenant: She's been destroyed near Mars, hasn't she?

Matt: My daughter was on board for the cadet exchange program.

Lieutenant: Oh my god.

Matt: There've been words about escape pods, but most have been destroyed before being rescued.

Dani has always been so full of life - she'd always wanted to go to the academy.

So, I arranged for her to be selected for the cadet exchange program, safe in the Sol system, away from a potential war with Romulus.

Tonight... I don't know if she's alive or dead.

Oh god, how am I going to explain this to Sam?
    edited November 2013
    Ooc: I'm going to bring some upheavel in the unsc. I think it's time cooper reappeared. This should be fun.
    edited November 2013
    Cooper sits on the bridge of an old Cole class frigate.

Cooper: how long till we arrive.

Trooper: a few hours sir.
    edited November 2013
    Dani: Miller was my friend... and I just... LEFT him!

Terry: You would have been dead to if you stayed. That would have been a greater hit on everyone. Including me. *his blue on blue eyes do look at her earnestly... the honesty there.*

Me leaving Earth was hard... Knowing full well that people were dying with nothing you could really do to help them.. *His weariness sinks back in as he starts hearing them again...*
    edited November 2013
    *Citadel, War Room. Matt is wearing an RNF Flag Officer Uniform (a navy blue jacket with white trim and a red undershirt with collar) with 3 gold stripes on either shoulder, the top stripe having a loop in it, showing his rank as a Vice Admiral. He is reading the reports on what is happening in the Sol System, walking away from the terminal and sitting down, wiping his face with his hands in exasperation. A lieutenant walks over to him.*

Lieutenant: Sir?

Are you alright?

Matt: Have you heard about the U.S.S. Republic?

Lieutenant: She's been destroyed near Mars, hasn't she?

Matt: My daughter was on board for the cadet exchange program.

Lieutenant: Oh my god.

Matt: There've been words about escape pods, but most have been destroyed before being rescued.

Dani has always been so full of life - she'd always wanted to go to the academy.

So, I arranged for her to be selected for the cadet exchange program, safe in the Sol system, away from a potential war with Romulus.

Tonight... I don't know if she's alive or dead.

Oh god, how am I going to explain this to Sam?

*A Crapping out message on the QEC from two sources Earth and in the Klingon Empire but a Federation ship...*

*Dorman's voice is cracking through on one end for Earth While Bright's is coming through nice and even...*

Bright: This is Admiral Bright of the United Federation of Planets... Does anyone copy. Also clean up that other signal.. That is Admiral Dorman..
    edited November 2013
    *A Crapping out message on the QEC from two sources Earth and in the Klingon Empire but a Federation ship...*

*Dorman's voice is cracking through on one end for Earth While Bright's is coming through nice and even...*

Bright: This is Admiral Bright of the United Federation of Planets... Does anyone copy. Also clean up that other signal.. That is Admiral Dorman..

*Matt stands up as the lieutenant runs to her station. Matt turns to the Comm Officer.*

Matt: Clean that up, now.

Comm: On it!

Matt: Admiral Bright, this is Vice Admiral Forrester on the Citadel. We're reading you strength 4 over here. Some interference, not much.

Admiral Dorman, stand by.

Comm?

Comm: Almost...

Got it!

*Dorman's transmission clears up.*

Matt: Will, it's Matt! Please repeat your last transmission!
    edited November 2013
    Terry: You would have been dead to if you stayed. That would have been a greater hit on everyone. Including me. *his blue on blue eyes do look at her earnestly... the honesty there.*

Me leaving Earth was hard... Knowing full well that people were dying with nothing you could really do to help them.. *His weariness sinks back in as he starts hearing them again...*

Dani: Terry... if you have something to say to me... say it.
    edited November 2013
    *Matt stands up as the lieutenant runs to her station. Matt turns to the Comm Officer.*

Matt: Clean that up, now.

Comm: On it!

Matt: Admiral Bright, this is Vice Admiral Forrester on the Citadel. We're reading you strength 4 over here. Some interference, not much.

Admiral Dorman, stand by.

Comm?

Comm: Almost...

Got it!

*Dorman's transmission clears up.*

Matt: Will, it's Matt! Please repeat your last transmission!

Dorman: The initial attack was indeed devestating most of the Admiralty and the President was killed.. I am right now gathering men and women to resist. But we do need to figure out what these things are up to. They are rounding up whoever is in the major cities and putting them in camps.

As for my end we are still moving from place to place so don't expect many updates...

Bright: I sent the USS Possibility to Mars to gather the data from the Preserver database located there. I am sure they picked up survivors from the USS Republic.. As for the Federation fleet not all of our strength was over Earth. around 2000 vessels did manage to get out and the Andromeda Fleet has been diverted to the Klingon Empire's gateway.

I had ordered the destruction of the Federation Gateway to spare the Andromeda Galaxy the invasion of these beings.

Wax has been very forth coming in giving haven and aide to refugees. But the Romulans on the other hand are getting extremely nervous. I would expect a fight here just because of our presence in the area and they would likely pin the murder of one of their Pro-War Admirals on all of us.
    edited November 2013
    Dani: Terry... if you have something to say to me... say it.

Terry: I can think of one better...

*Gives her a kiss*
    edited November 2013
    Dorman: The initial attack was indeed devestating most of the Admiralty and the President was killed.. I am right now gathering men and women to resist. But we do need to figure out what these things are up to. They are rounding up whoever is in the major cities and putting them in camps.

As for my end we are still moving from place to place so don't expect many updates...

Bright: I sent the USS Possibility to Mars to gather the data from the Preserver database located there. I am sure they picked up survivors from the USS Republic.. As for the Federation fleet not all of our strength was over Earth. around 2000 vessels did manage to get out and the Andromeda Fleet has been diverted to the Klingon Empire's gateway.

I had ordered the destruction of the Federation Gateway to spare the Andromeda Galaxy the invasion of these beings.

Wax has been very forth coming in giving haven and aide to refugees. But the Romulans on the other hand are getting extremely nervous. I would expect a fight here just because of our presence in the area and they would likely pin the murder of one of their Pro-War Admirals on all of us.

Matt: Bright, the Republic's already fighting these things at the border. We're holding them for now, but we can't spare any ships to help Starfleet.

We're launching every combat ship we have, grabbing any 4th year cadet or experienced NCO and reactivating as many former Officers as we can to try and put together a relief force for you and the C.I.S. Right now, it's not looking good. We're doing everything we can, but for now, you're on your own.

Right now, the Klingons may be all that stands between the Alpha and Beta Quadrants and these creatures.

By the way, Director Mason de-classified the Sovereign incident to all Republic Personnel as soon as this hit. We know exactly what we're up against, and I'm taking it to the Security Council in a few minutes.