What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Forward Unto Dawn soon arrives at the citadel.

Terrace: everyone make it

Officer: yes sir Battle group A is all here and awaiting orders

Terrace: well first lets get over there and see what the UGC has learned and move from there
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    very quite today

*OOC: Meh.. Busy and its trivialized now so no point in even doing it..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OOC: well im going to continue on still have alot still to work with so
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OOC: well im going to continue on still have alot still to work with so

*OOC: Good luck. Me I have a ton of stuff to do.. Plus with the shields of invincibility can't do much so no real point as it makes it pointless.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: Good luck. Me I have a ton of stuff to do.. Plus with the shields of invincibility can't do much so no real point as it makes it pointless.

ooc: you can still do stuff man but it does make sense to have protection. But hey its up to you on what you want to do.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ho hum this isnt looking to good right now
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013

OOC: There's no shields of invincibility. I just mean don't have the Eblisi zurg-rush the Republic. The Republic can only use those subspace weapons once before they start doing irreparable damage to subspace. I'm all for having the Republic fight to survive, but I don't want them to be doomed to fall. That is NOT fun.

So go ahead, start a massive battle between the Republic and Eblisi with the republic desperate to survive. Just don't doom them to fall. I'm happy accepting defeat if it comes to it (given I'm a staunch opponent to the deux-ex-machina, so if I lose I'll accept it) but at least I can pull every trick the Republic has so far.

Remember when we used to write each other's battles from the standpoint of both sides and see who came out on top? Same deal here (except I acknowledge that the Republic can't fight off a massive Eblisi fleet).
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ooc: will wait to see what you guys do before i post anything
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    OOC: There's no shields of invincibility. I just mean don't have the Eblisi zurg-rush the Republic. The Republic can only use those subspace weapons once before they start doing irreparable damage to subspace. I'm all for having the Republic fight to survive, but I don't want them to be doomed to fall. That is NOT fun.

So go ahead, start a massive battle between the Republic and Eblisi with the republic desperate to survive. Just don't doom them to fall. I'm happy accepting defeat if it comes to it (given I'm a staunch opponent to the deux-ex-machina, so if I lose I'll accept it) but at least I can pull every trick the Republic has so far.

Remember when we used to write each other's battles from the standpoint of both sides and see who came out on top? Same deal here (except I acknowledge that the Republic can't fight off a massive Eblisi fleet).

OOC: What I had in mind was incursions and perhaps a battle before the main invasion of the Republic. Meaning the situation deteriorating really fast and nightmares coming out of it to counter.. These things do have a shared origin to the Shadows and I will show it in time. So I don't mind if you guys start your side stories that you will enjoy, I do need to finish these papers before early next week so I will have spare time to start this arc off.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Broker: Director your dealing with an enemy that doesn't care about glory or desire. They want something else. Your forces near Bastion are being bottled off. If they are getting incursions in your field is not working... There is a theory that subspace changes are passable with enough power to put up the matching field.

I suggest getting your leadership out of that area.. before its too late. As I hear the Council agent is getting ready...

*OOC: What I wanted to get in was the sense that these things are prepared and will do what they will. Meaning incursions that means the defenses are not holding. So if you want to do the battle at Bastion we can but my posting is going to be very spotty. Papers I have to type.. *
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ooc: we will make it work man will start posting my end tomorrow going to bed now though
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ooc: we will make it work man will start posting my end tomorrow going to bed now though

*OOC: Alright. I gotta get some stuff done and done fast. Hopefully have it done by Monday at least. As for the other things.. Get some side story stuff set up..*

*Danny stands there*

Danny: So.. bud.. What do you suggest then? Be a white knuckled hero? I need to find my son. Where is Blake?

*Elsewhere meeting room on the Possibility*

Terry: Alright Gentlemen.. the Council has given me authorization to put together a team and I need only a couple..

Grey Fox: I am up for it.

Terry: I like the enthusiasm Fox.. but the problem is this fight is not about nations or idealogies. These things want to wipe us all of the face of the galaxy.

Lumier: Extinction ?

Valan: Means that they have done this more than once.

Preserver: Of course they have.. They did it to my people, the human is right we do need to unify if we are to fight them effectively..

Terry: That is why I am setting up two teams... One will operate with me on this ship for drop missions the other will effectively replace the defunct Vanguard.

Expendables

Preserver: Expandability is something to consider... These troops won't care much about the problem... just getting it done.

Terry: I know.. Everyone that is dead is going to be on me.. But we know the risks.. It is something I have to take we all have to.

Phillips: Aye...

Terry: Everyone dismissed we are going to the Republic Homeworld the job is going to be taken in the next day.

*Everyone leaves the room... The Preserver stays put...*

Preserver: So your the one I felt when I awoke.

Terry: I don't really know what people want me to say to that...

Preserver: You were not born naturally... Means you are different. Something my people wanted to create but not something we achieved. You could be all that matters this cycle.

Terry: I will see if there is truth to that. I am not certain of it. I am just like any other man.

Preserver: You will see in time but being blind to it is not good in this situation.

Terry: I will see you tomorrow..

*He makes his way to his quarters now.. pondering on it.. and his own problems...*

*OOC: If you want to bring Q at any point just give heads up.. Mine will make some appearance..*

*He brings up his comm unit and does make one call.*

*OOC: Oh and Ryan.. Fali is going to show what he is and how he is going to make sure his people live.*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *Citadel lab*

*Holtz is standing in front of a data readout of the virus... he is cool on the outside but like a guilty man he knows what it is...*

Holtz: Stane... Halsey what in gods name did you do... What did Drake make you do to pervert this dangerous contagion..

*He sinks down and sips a drink coldly remembering the creation of this organism almost 70 years ago... *

*70 years ago... Federation-Republic Labs*

Holtz: My god.. Halsey do you have an idea of what we are trying to do... We are trying to create life but this is a failure.

Stane: It may be... But there has to be an answer to counter and improve civilization.. We have to find a way for one of nature's deadliest organisms to help us instead of destroying us..

Holtz: Then we will have to change the structure of this thing..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Broker: Director your dealing with an enemy that doesn't care about glory or desire. They want something else. Your forces near Bastion are being bottled off. If they are getting incursions in your field is not working... There is a theory that subspace changes are passable with enough power to put up the matching field.

I suggest getting your leadership out of that area.. before its too late. As I hear the Council agent is getting ready...

*OOC: What I wanted to get in was the sense that these things are prepared and will do what they will. Meaning incursions that means the defenses are not holding. So if you want to do the battle at Bastion we can but my posting is going to be very spotty. Papers I have to type.. *

Mason: They're already leaving. The President and his cabinet are moving to the Citadel. BetaComm and CentComm are moving to Deep Space 61.

The entire Home Fleet is on high alert. As for Bastion...

...we'll have to pray Admiral Thompson's fleet can hold out long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

*Bastion, Batar Minor System. Bastion is one of the rising jewels of the Republic; peaceful, mercantile, beautiful. It has a population of 6 billion Humans, Turanians, Dalosians and Solains.

The planet's position makes it an unlikely suspect for an attack, but yet the Republic finds itself forced to place a fleet of 500 ships in orbit all the same, with the R.S.S. Republic and R.S.S. Yamato en route with reinforcements 250 ships strong, still 2 hours away.

On the bridge of the R.S.S. Woodrow Wilson, Admiral Jonathon Thompson stands, waiting for the inevitable arrival of the enemy. He has an SA-51 armed and ready on 50 ships across the fleet, but none can be fired while civilians are still fleeing. If they fire the warhead, they strand their own forces inside the system as well as the civilians.*

Thompson: ...I won't lie to you...

*The bridge crew turns to the ageing man, astounded by the strength in his voice.*

...I do not believe victory is a possibility. I do not believe survival is a possibility. We face a foe unlike any we have faced alone in our history...

Nothing more has ever been asked of soldiers as I ask you now; to make one last stand... one last battle to hold the line against the night. I can honestly say... that none of us shall ever go home. But if we were not here - if we ran - we would not have a home to return to.

Nothing more has ever been asked of soldiers as I ask you now; to do your duty... do your duty in the face of certain death.

May God... go with you all.

*Within moments, the speech reaches the R.S.S. Republic, then is relayed to the Citadel for when the battle is over.

Above Bastion, the fleet watches, waiting.*

Ops: Admiral...

Some kind of...

Dark matter drives... no Federation IFF.

Here they come.

Thompson: Action Stations.

*Across the fleet, the Action Stations alarm blares as personnel rush to their positions.

The alarm blares five times.*

Comm: Action Stations! Action Stations! All hands, man your action stations! Defence Condition 1 throughout the ship! This is not a drill! Repeat, this is not a drill! Action Stations! Action Stations!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *19 years earlier. Dalos Alpha Prime, Dalos City. The city is full of celebrations as the Second Shadow War comes to an end. However, in a closed session with the President, Vice President, Admiral Ramez, Director Mason and the President's newest Military Advisor; (known to his colleagues by a false name) Northman, eyes are turned away from the ended threat and towards the future. Ramez, recently returned from his rescuers in the UNSC, after finally signing the military alliance between the two powers, is stone serious as he passes the Sovereign Incident files around.*

Ramez: We can't afford to ignore this, gentlemen. The Council may be telling everyone that it was a Shadow Vessel, but we all know better. Stane was involved with it and he's still at large.

Mason: Antino, you're wasting your time. I've spent the last 2 years trying to convince the Senate to take Sovereign seriously.

Kyoshi: The Senate doesn't need to know. I think we can all agree this is a matter of the utmost secrecy?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Mason: They're already leaving. The President and his cabinet are moving to the Citadel. BetaComm and CentComm are moving to Deep Space 61.

The entire Home Fleet is on high alert. As for Bastion...

...we'll have to pray Admiral Thompson's fleet can hold out long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

*Bastion, Batar Minor System. Bastion is one of the rising jewels of the Republic; peaceful, mercantile, beautiful. It has a population of 6 billion Humans, Turanians, Dalosians and Solains.

The planet's position makes it an unlikely suspect for an attack, but yet the Republic finds itself forced to place a fleet of 500 ships in orbit all the same, with the R.S.S. Republic and R.S.S. Yamato en route with reinforcements 250 ships strong, still 2 hours away.

On the bridge of the R.S.S. Woodrow Wilson, Admiral Jonathon Thompson stands, waiting for the inevitable arrival of the enemy. He has an SA-51 armed and ready on 50 ships across the fleet, but none can be fired while civilians are still fleeing. If they fire the warhead, they strand their own forces inside the system as well as the civilians.*

Thompson: ...I won't lie to you...

*The bridge crew turns to the ageing man, astounded by the strength in his voice.*

...I do not believe victory is a possibility. I do not believe survival is a possibility. We face a foe unlike any we have faced alone in our history...

Nothing more has ever been asked of soldiers as I ask you now; to make one last stand... one last battle to hold the line against the night. I can honestly say... that none of us shall ever go home. But if we were not here - if we ran - we would not have a home to return to.

Nothing more has ever been asked of soldiers as I ask you now; to do your duty... do your duty in the face of certain death.

May God... go with you all.

*Within moments, the speech reaches the R.S.S. Republic, then is relayed to the Citadel for when the battle is over.

Above Bastion, the fleet watches, waiting.*

Ops: Admiral...

Some kind of...

Dark matter drives... no Federation IFF.

Here they come.

Thompson: Action Stations.

*Across the fleet, the Action Stations alarm blares as personnel rush to their positions.

The alarm blares five times.*

Comm: Action Stations! Action Stations! All hands, man your action stations! Defence Condition 1 throughout the ship! This is not a drill! Repeat, this is not a drill! Action Stations! Action Stations!

*Destroyers arrive in mass two Capital Ships, several dozen smaller brethren arrive first and they soon land on the planet while half of the force deals with the fleet of 500. Kai is on board the Republic vessels reading out the frequencies of the warheads... Stane is on his comm end.. *

Stane: They have arrived take those warheads and leave the rest deactivated...

Kai: Yes master. It is done.

*He puts away the device *

If I may suggest how about we make this world unable to leave?

Stane: If you wish. I could care less. Northman says that he has something in mind for the fleeing leadership he is guarding. But I told him to dispose of them...

Kai: I am on my way out... *As he lets guards patrol away he takes out the one guard who stayed... He beams away and sets the timer...*

*As his vessel leaves the system the Republic forces are taking a heavy pounding... as heavy beams strike ships and one shooting some.. the timer ticking down and soon exploding and some just not functioning anymore...*

*W. Wilson officer: Admiral several devices have prematurely detonated!!! The civilian ships are reporting damage to subspace..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *19 years earlier. Dalos Alpha Prime, Dalos City. The city is full of celebrations as the Second Shadow War comes to an end. However, in a closed session with the President, Vice President, Admiral Ramez, Director Mason and the President's newest Military Advisor; (known to his colleagues by a false name) Northman, eyes are turned away from the ended threat and towards the future. Ramez, recently returned from his rescuers in the UNSC, after finally signing the military alliance between the two powers, is stone serious as he passes the Sovereign Incident files around.*

Ramez: We can't afford to ignore this, gentlemen. The Council may be telling everyone that it was a Shadow Vessel, but we all know better. Stane was involved with it and he's still at large.

Mason: Antino, you're wasting your time. I've spent the last 2 years trying to convince the Senate to take Sovereign seriously.

Kyoshi: The Senate doesn't need to know. I think we can all agree this is a matter of the utmost secrecy?

Northman (under his guise of Harks): Stane likely died with the supernova incident which destroyed many worlds in that system... If reports are to be believed at least. Plus there are murmurs from the fringe colonies that survivors are bringing forth some kind of lawsuit for the incident citing we were at fault..

I believe my colleague is looking at something that may have been diffused already... If he is dead that is one less thing to worry about.

*OOC: No not Republic bashing.*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OOC: BTW, a lot has changed in the Republic Military over the last 20 years. This link should cover everything you need to know.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Northman (under his guise of Harks): Stane likely died with the supernova incident which destroyed many worlds in that system... If reports are to be believed at least. Plus there are murmurs from the fringe colonies that survivors are bringing forth some kind of lawsuit for the incident citing we were at fault..

I believe my colleague is looking at something that may have been diffused already... If he is dead that is one less thing to worry about.

*OOC: No not Republic bashing.*

Ramez: It's the 'if' that worries me. Even if he is dead, what's to say his masters don't still pose a threat?

Mason: While we're on that subject, what about the threat of the Union?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Terrace sits on the ships bridge watching the readouts

Terrace: any word yet from prowler 5

Officer: no sir we lost contact when they approached sol

Terrace: i want the battle group ready to move as soon as we have a signal from them. We wont be able to do much but a few heavy weapons and supplies should help.

Officer: aye sir
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *Destroyers arrive in mass two Capital Ships, several dozen smaller brethren arrive first and they soon land on the planet while half of the force deals with the fleet of 500. Kai is on board the Republic vessels reading out the frequencies of the warheads... Stane is on his comm end.. *

Stane: They have arrived take those warheads and leave the rest deactivated...

Kai: Yes master. It is done.

*He puts away the device *

If I may suggest how about we make this world unable to leave?

Stane: If you wish. I could care less. Northman says that he has something in mind for the fleeing leadership he is guarding. But I told him to dispose of them...

Kai: I am on my way out... *As he lets guards patrol away he takes out the one guard who stayed... He beams away and sets the timer...*

*As his vessel leaves the system the Republic forces are taking a heavy pounding... as heavy beams strike ships and one shooting some.. the timer ticking down and soon exploding and some just not functioning anymore...*

*W. Wilson officer: Admiral several devices have prematurely detonated!!! The civilian ships are reporting damage to subspace..

Thompson: Seal the rifts! NOW!

*The ships frantically seal the fold-space ruptures as some of the larger ships in the fleet ram the enemy capital ships in a desperate bid to take them out.*

OOC: You realise that by detonating the warheads you've not only trapped Thompson's fleet, but the Eblisi as well, right?

*R.S.S. Republic, leading the reinforcements.*

Ops: Captain, I'm reading a massive disruption in subspace at Bastion!

David: What?!

Admiral, what did you do?

Ops: Sir, Thompson wouldn't strand the civilians in Batar Minor willingly.

David: Stane.

All ships, full stop! If we enter the region, we'll strand ourselves there.

Contact CentComm for new orders!

Ops: Aye sir!

Message away!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OOC: BTW, a lot has changed in the Republic Military over the last 20 years. This link should cover everything you need to know.

*OOC: Okay.. Federation standards have changed since they started their scaling down their ships, they still have two bridges and systems in place that make the ship more intuitive and a lot faster in reaction... the Dark Matter drives make the instantaneous jumps possible. Then we have reactor output being probably 100 times that than Republic vessels. The Hyperion is a series of weapons using this material with diffused Omega...

Joker class vessels are noteably smaller than their frigate brethren..

General Quarters in combat they still don normal suits which prevents people being thrown into space. Their cruisers and such are still being rolled out.*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Jehrico 7 FleetComm HQ

Harper: he took a battle group and an infinity class vessel after we said no.

Yuri: true but we all did agree we would need to help them sooner or later.

Benson: We also wanted to finish the two infinity class ships in production first

Harper: what matters is what do we next do we send more ships or wait.

Yuri: i think that is a vote for the council to decide.

Benson: agreed

Harper : well then lets go have a vote shall we.

Citadel

Bishop is reading through the files of all the history of the last 1000 years.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *Earth. Dorman and Co. feel a rush of air above them from an invisible source as the cloaked R.S.S. Normandy lands nearby, undetected, carrying food, supplies and weapons.*

OOC: Also, concerning my last post, I'd appreciate it if we didn't kill off the Republic's leaders. We've done that so many times now it feels like kicking a dead horse... and subsequently shooting it with a submachine gun.

Okay, maybe some of them, but not all, please.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Benson walks back into fleetcomm hq shortly

Benson: the council has voted to send emergency aid to the milky way and no discilplanry action on terrace or his battle group

Harper: alright then prep infinity and the 3-5 battle groups we will dispatch them to the citadel and decide on action from there. Dismissed
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thompson: Seal the rifts! NOW!

*The ships frantically seal the fold-space ruptures as some of the larger ships in the fleet ram the enemy capital ships in a desperate bid to take them out.*

OOC: You realise that by detonating the warheads you've not only trapped Thompson's fleet, but the Eblisi as well, right?

*R.S.S. Republic, leading the reinforcements.*

Ops: Captain, I'm reading a massive disruption in subspace at Bastion!

David: What?!

Admiral, what did you do?

Ops: Sir, Thompson wouldn't strand the civilians in Batar Minor willingly.

David: Stane.

All ships, full stop! If we enter the region, we'll strand ourselves there.

Contact CentComm for new orders!

Ops: Aye sir!

Message away!

*OOC: I am aware but I do have a theory that the Broker brought up. But Alas as there are more of them.. But do remember Dark Matter drives are a sort of amped up fold space sort of drive but no failure rates given there is enough there. But you are right. Impulse I can imagine still works at some degree... *

*The vessels stop their advance and some are now starting to adjust their fields of energy and aiming them at subspace... But soon stop... and barrel through at normal speed decimating the fleet there and proceeding on their way leaving the Ground forces and ships on the surface to deal with the Republic fleet. *
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *Earth. Dorman and Co. feel a rush of air above them from an invisible source as the cloaked R.S.S. Normandy lands nearby, undetected, carrying food, supplies and weapons.*

OOC: Also, concerning my last post, I'd appreciate it if we didn't kill off the Republic's leaders. We've done that so many times now it feels like kicking a dead horse... and subsequently shooting it with a submachine gun.

Okay, maybe some of them, but not all, please.

*OOC: Kill them? No I can think of worse things... Indoctrination perhaps. *
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OOC: *Facepalm* Okay, you should be able to access the mediafire link now.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

OOC: its all good man
  • Options
    edited November 2013

*OOC: Should have mentioned that I was waiting on your end.. Lol.