test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The ENT-J is coming

Comments

• Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    This is GREAT ship and finally here. Wow I cannot believe until I saw the tweet. Take my money!!!

happy-03.jpg​​
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    As much as I did like enterprise, i really, really wish they thought that ugly design through a little more. Maybe they thought that battle and ship were a throwaway nobody would ever use maybe i dunno but even when we saw it (the tiny screen it showed up on) i was like yeah that looks redonculous.

enterprise-j.gif

I always liked this take on it.
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    Enterprise J? Don't we still have 3 more letters in the alphabet to get through?
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    walligig wrote: »
    Enterprise J? Don't we still have 3 more letters in the alphabet to get through?

It's from the future.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    I want to know why people think it's ugly?

Can you reason a subjective impulse like that? Well, to me it's the humongous size, the flat saucer (and it's not narrow or something, it's completely flat, like a disc) and the in relation super thin and tiny secondary hull and nacelles. I would have liked it better if it was just a huge saucer.

But it looks so futuristic and shiny pig-9.gif. So much nicer than the unbalanced spoons like the Galaxy.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

But it looks so futuristic and shiny pig-9.gif. So much nicer than the unbalanced spoons like the Galaxy.

It definitely looks futuristic, I grant you that, but maybe too futuristic? I don't know pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited June 2016

But it looks so futuristic and shiny pig-9.gif. So much nicer than the unbalanced spoons like the Galaxy.

It definitely looks futuristic, I grant you that, but maybe too futuristic? I don't know pig-2.gif​​

Too futuristic would be if it was a floating bubble of quantum force capable of achieving any form imaginable and only required a crew of one who mentally controlled the ship from an exo-womb. But that's just me. ;)

Or failing that, this thing.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/USS_UberEnterprise

• Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    bear-2.gif
    captsol wrote: »

It definitely looks futuristic, I grant you that, but maybe too futuristic? I don't know pig-2.gif

Too futuristic would be if it was a floating bubble of quantum force capable of achieving any form imaginable and only required a crew of one who mentally controlled the ship from an exo-womb. But that's just me. ;)

Looks more like a troll post rather than Uber truth​​
  • Options
    bear-2.gif

It definitely looks futuristic, I grant you that, but maybe too futuristic? I don't know pig-2.gif

Looks more like a troll post rather than Uber truth​​

It was actually featured in a short story in the Star Trek: Strange New Worlds IV Anthology
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    We possibly saw the Aeon firing but I can't tell from meory. MA however states it uses a subatomic disruptor as weapon, but there are no screencaps of the effect. If a single 29th century timeship is any indication there maybe no phasers in use at least in the 29th century, but I don't think the single case is enough to make generalisations.

The Relativity doesn't fire weapons, but future seven has the hand phaser which fires regular orange beams. I'm not sure what we see in the Procyon V scene in ENT, as far as I know they don't show much at all due to not having the budget (I didn't amke the Ent-J story up, it's literally a rushjob).​​

battle of procyon 5 had orange phasers so...yeah youtube it if you don't believe YW
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The Enterprise-J was briefly seen firing phasers - standard orange colour seen very early in the scene, when Archer first notices that there is a battle occurring outside the Enterprise-J.

We saw the Nova class shoot at an enemy ship in the Procyon V battle; it's (presumably) phasers fired a crimson coloured beam. This can be seen at 1:25 in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XflgRb2Dxwg

I see, thanks for the clip. Another Nova I think fires orange beams right before, so it's either non consistent or some sort of alternate armament, but why a Nova is there in the first place is weird anyway. Yes, STO tells it like ships from all tiemlines are there but I still think due to the almost sureal setting of the whole scene that this future doesn't "actually" happen in the first place, but maybe it's the ARs future. Who knows.

Btw: Did they reuse DS9/Terak Nor's doors for the J?​​
    ORANGE phasers 1:05 so using standard phasers for me

• Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    The ship design is growing on me. Wanna do missions on her.defend bridge ect. See the core. Shes soppose to be a 'city ship' so it would b liads of fun :D
  • Options
    Why does this thing start to grow on people? Just stop it already pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Why does this thing start to grow on people? Just stop it already pig-2.gif

Same as what a constellation do to some. Because it is an AWESOME ship!!!​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    Why does this thing start to grow on people? Just stop it already pig-2.gif

Because it's so damn swoopy and swishy.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    She isent that bad. Just needs more detail added
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    It hasn't grown on me.

becauseialwayslikedit *ducks*
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    That would almost, ALMOST, satisfy my wish for a playable Super Star Destroyer. :P
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    IMHO it is also the BEST ship that FEDs have in their repertoire. Still beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This one is a 10/10 in my book and real excited about it!!!monkey-2.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    That would almost, ALMOST, satisfy my wish for a playable Super Star Destroyer. :P

Executor-class Star Dreadnought - 19 Km
    Universe-class Explorer - 3.2 Km

The Ent J is a mere two Imperial-Class Star Destroyers.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    But maybe it takes more than a A-Wing to down it? pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Why does this thing start to grow on people? Just stop it already pig-2.gif​​

diseases, molds, and parasites tend to grow with time
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    As much as I did like enterprise, i really, really wish they thought that ugly design through a little more. Maybe they thought that battle and ship were a throwaway nobody would ever use maybe i dunno but even when we saw it (the tiny screen it showed up on) i was like yeah that looks redonculous.

enterprise-j.gif

I always liked this take on it.
    I actually like that design. To me it looks better than most of Cryptics designs.
    The flat and wide saucer and intergated deflector/engineering hull a nice change. Sure the nacelles could need a bit work, they look a bit too generic to me.
    I have no problem with the size of the ship. Other Sci Fi universes feature much more massive ships. I only gets problematic when certain game developers try to make it move like a jetfighter IMO.

It's a majestic and massive looking ship and a welcome change from the usual and boring looking "must-look-fast" ship designs.

"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options

The Ent J is a mere two Imperial-Class Star Destroyers.​​

Too bad lasers can't even penetrate navigational deflectors. ;)
  • Options

The Ent J is a mere two Imperial-Class Star Destroyers.

To bad Turbolasers aren't lasers :p.

DVD3-broadside-003-gunports.jpg​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    turbolasers aren't lasers - they're plasma-based weapons; which is why every faction from the old republic onward uses tibanna gas to supercharge them​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options

The Ent J is a mere two Imperial-Class Star Destroyers.

To bad Turbolasers aren't lasers :p.

DVD3-broadside-003-gunports.jpg​​
    turbolasers aren't lasers - they're plasma-based weapons; which is why every faction from the old republic onward uses tibanna gas to supercharge them​​

Touche, Gentlemen. ;)
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

Im so glad someone else whipped out their uber-geek card so I didn't have to
  • Options
    tallyn40tallyn40 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The Agents of Yesterday Official Trailer shows JJ Abrams Enterprise near Spacedock. Take a look. 1:20 min.
This discussion has been closed.