test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I love my Android bridge Officer he does need an efficient trait other than that, it would be nice if they made a tactical and science version, as the dev indicated would happen. Some follow through would be great, dropping the ball is Cryptic's motto....I remember when they used to be known for customization.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Now that we're a mere 100 days away from a full year of broken promises and excuses for the android variants, does someone with a heart there at Cryptic finally feel like we deserve to be told the truth about what's going on with them?

I think it's pathetic the way we're intentionally being ignored by this company! I think it shows a severe lack of concern for us as customers, and I think it's cowardly, but that's just my opinion.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    genericii wrote: »

Now that we're a mere 100 days away from a full year of broken promises and excuses for the android variants, does someone with a heart there at Cryptic finally feel like we deserve to be told the truth about what's going on with them?

I think it's pathetic the way we're intentionally being ignored by this company! I think it shows a severe lack of concern for us as customers, and I think it's cowardly, but that's just my opinion.

With this and the possibility of the Wells Class becoming the 1000 day veteran reward.... I don't want a LTS anymore.... :(
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited August 2012

I think the problem is there's no incentive for them to fix the Android Boff. The one in game works fine. Yeah, it's only one gender/career, but it works. There's so much other stuff on their plates that going back will never happen. That's why so many bugs still persist (cough cloak bug cough).

I say have Cryptic offer the other android careers and gender as a C-$tore account-wide unlock for 250 zen. That way it gets in game and gives Cryptic a reason to go back and add the other options in. It's sad that it comes down to this but it won't happen otherwise. That should be plainly obvious by this point.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. I have no doubt that the devs want to do everything they can to make STO not only profitable but fun. Sadly, 'wanting to' isn't good enough. A glance at the KDF is evidence of that. They need a reason to go back and monkey with something that's currently working (not necessarily as intended, but working nonetheless).

So we get the current male Engineering android for "free" at 700 days, or we spend 250z for the option to make the android female/Tactical/Science, or 400z for an Efficient android in female/Tactical/Science flavors. What do you guys think?
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    zordar01 wrote: »
    So we get the current male Engineering android for "free" at 700 days, or we spend 250z for the option to make the android female/Tactical/Science, or 400z for an Efficient android in female/Tactical/Science flavors. What do you guys think?

As much as I hate to say this, but that seems to be the only way. Cryptic has been really moving away from subscriber rewards, only ponying up things every so often for the players that are already subscribed/LTS, rather than trying to attract new players to it.
    edited August 2012

Well, you have fun paying for your 700 day vet reward, I'll not give Cryptic/PW any more of my hard-earned cash. I can't justify rewarding them with cash for constantly promising greatness and delivering sub-mediocrity.
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It appears the last update was this from June 2012 Ask Cryptic:
    Q: (GT01) What happened to the extra Android BOFF options? We were informed that we?d not only get male and female Androids to choose from, but that we?d also have Tactical and Science branch officers to choose from too.

Dstahl: This question required some investigation to determine what happened. Turns out that at the time there was an issue that prevented those additions from happening. That issue appears to be resolved in Season 6 and so now it boils down to having one of the developers revisit this and put in the options.

May be a real good question to ask Dan Stahl this next week in September's Ask Cryptic since we've had Season 6 for 6.5 weeks now.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited August 2012

Well, you have fun paying for your 700 day vet reward, I'll not give Cryptic/PW any more of my hard-earned cash. I can't justify rewarding them with cash for constantly promising greatness and delivering sub-mediocrity.

Well, you have fun railing in impotent rage at Cryptic/PW over the 700 day vet reward. How's that working out?

Look, I don't want to have to pay any zen for Boffs that we were "promised", but Cryptic's good intentions don't seem to be cutting it. Obviously, luke-warm forum rage isn't the trick to getting the android Boff options in-game. Judging from Direphoenix's recap (linked below) there's no reason the rest of the android options aren't in STO except the devs haven't done it. A little zen gives them a reason (and I wouldn't mind the option to upgrade my android to Efficient).

If the Boff options show up after the next patch, then awesome. If they don't then what - more luke-warm forum rage?

May be a real good question to ask Dan Stahl this next week in September's Ask Cryptic since we've had Season 6 for 6.5 weeks now.

A good, yet depressing, recap is here.
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2012

*HMPF* from what I remember about similar instances where stuff that was supposed to appear "in" Season X did not appear at launch of Season X, it was supposedly meant to appear before Season X+1 (in this case Season 7).

IMHO they should stop saying "in Season X" and instead use "during Season X".:confused:
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    misterde3 wrote: »
    *HMPF* from what I remember about similar instances where stuff that was supposed to appear "in" Season X did not appear at launch of Season X, it was supposedly meant to appear before Season X+1 (in this case Season 7).

IMHO they should stop saying "in Season X" and instead use "during Season X".:confused:

Yes, I recall that as well. As Dan Stahl said 'between season launches there are small updates, C-Store releases, and minor events.' As such this would apply and they could deliver the Android boff in November and it'd still be "in Season 6," but Stahl has also said that most of the devs are focusing on Season 7 right now so a reminder about this issue is appropriate.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes, I recall that as well. As Dan Stahl said 'between season launches there are small updates, C-Store releases, and minor events.' As such this would apply and they could deliver the Android boff in November and it'd still be "in Season 6," but Stahl has also said that most of the devs are focusing on Season 7 right now so a reminder about this issue is appropriate.

A reminder is always a good idea.

Or on a humorous note:

http://trollable.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/He-will-fix-it.jpg

;)
    edited August 2012
    zordar01 wrote: »
    Well, you have fun railing in impotent rage at Cryptic/PW over the 700 day vet reward. How's that working out?

Look, I don't want to have to pay any zen for Boffs that we were "promised", but Cryptic's good intentions don't seem to be cutting it. Obviously, luke-warm forum rage isn't the trick to getting the android Boff options in-game. Judging from Direphoenix's recap (linked below) there's no reason the rest of the android options aren't in STO except the devs haven't done it. A little zen gives them a reason (and I wouldn't mind the option to upgrade my android to Efficient).

If the Boff options show up after the next patch, then awesome. If they don't then what - more luke-warm forum rage?

A good, yet depressing, recap is here.

Funny, I didn't feel rage when posting, and rereading my eloquent post didn't reveal any rage either.

If you feel comfortable giving Cryptic money for something that was promised and then forgotten, that is your right and I won't name-call or badger you to reconsider. I simply stated that I would not reward a company for failing to live up to it's promises. I would not buy a meal from a restaurant and then pay extra for a baked potato they had forgotten, and then refused to give me without extra compensation. If you would, so be it.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, the end of the month is around the corner. We really need to flood this topic back in the next Ask Cryptic, I only recall seeing a handful of people bring it up last month. Links back to this thread might help too (maybe not for Dan, he probably just gets a filtered list of questions from Branflakes, but it should inform and direct everyone else reading the Ask Cryptic thread back here to see how long this has been going on).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited August 2012
    *AHEM* Guys, you know what to do...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *AHEM* Guys, you know what to do...
    Question posted. :o

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited August 2012
    At this point, I don't put much faith in anything Dan Stahl says. I pay more attention to fortune cookies.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Meh, why not? Question posted.
    edited August 2012
    Don't forget to link back to this thread so people know what we're talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Posted, I've got nothing to lose anymore :)
    edited August 2012
    I mean, I don't think JHeinig should be called a liar, but you guys are making him look bad.

I did NOT call him a liar! It's not my fault he read too much into it.

Also, only 8 posts in Sept. Ask Cryptic? Come on, we can do better than that! Everyone that still cares, please take the time to post the question.
    edited August 2012

I did NOT call him a liar! It's not my fault he read too much into it.

Also, only 8 posts in Sept. Ask Cryptic? Come on, we can do better than that! Everyone that still cares, please take the time to post the question.

I didn't mean to make it sound like you were calling him a liar, but rather trying to point out that while he's saying "they're already done", it's been almost 5 months from the point that he said that and we're still not seeing anything.

So because it appears that no one else on the team seems to be putting any work into this, they're making him look like a liar and the androids are not already done. So while he may have had the code done for a while, the character art team that he needs to give him the character models to hook up to has been busy making Ferengi wardrobes, TNG Season 1 Admirals uniforms, and VOY racing uniforms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So while he may have had the code done for a while, the character art team that he needs to give him the character models to hook up to has been busy making Ferengi wardrobes, TNG Season 1 Admirals uniforms, and VOY racing uniforms.

All of which contribute directly to hiring 20 new people. You have to pay the bills before you add the frills.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    All of which contribute directly to hiring 20 new people. You have to pay the bills before you add the frills.

Unfortunately the frill we are concerned about here is the completion of a reward to show how much Cryptic values its subscribers.

One might consider costume and clothing variants a frill as well. The difference is, that frill is tied to singular cash income, whereas the vet rewards are tied to a sustained cash income.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    syberghost wrote: »

Except for the part you had to pay for those frills to start with. Veteran rewards aren't exactly free you know.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hravik wrote: »
    Except for the part you had to pay for those frills to start with. Veteran rewards aren't exactly free you know.

Look at the colour of his username and rethink the bolded part of the question.;)
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Look at the colour of his username and rethink the bolded part of the question.;)

I wasn't aware we got lifetime subs for free. Like it or not they offered a service Y for X amount of money, I ponied up X amount of money. There really are no if, ands, buts or maybes to it.

He's just a community mod anyway, he doesn't get paid in any way. Except this particular one seems to like to drop his 2 cents worth in lots and lots of threads.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I wasn't aware we got lifetime subs for free. Like it or not they offered a service Y for X amount of money, I ponied up X amount of money. There really are no if, ands, buts or maybes to it.

You paid for the service and you get it. Veteran Rewards are not a service, they are a reward for that loyalty, a bonus they didn't have to offer. Like it or not, it's well within their power to decide to stop giving out new rewards or expand existing ones, like adding the other five Androids, or additional Vet Rewards beyond 1000 days.

Having said that, just because they can do something, doesn't mean they should. Not doing it makes it look like they don't care, which is rather harmful to them.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012

You didn't get it.
    He's just a community mod anyway, he doesn't get paid in any way. Except this particular one seems to like to drop his 2 cents worth in lots and lots of threads.

Yep, you were arguing about value with someone who spends his free time enforcing PWE's forum rules without being paid.:D
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    edited August 2012
    I didn't mean to make it sound like you were calling him a liar, but rather trying to point out that while he's saying "they're already done", it's been almost 5 months from the point that he said that and we're still not seeing anything.

So because it appears that no one else on the team seems to be putting any work into this, they're making him look like a liar and the androids are not already done. So while he may have had the code done for a while, the character art team that he needs to give him the character models to hook up to has been busy making Ferengi wardrobes, TNG Season 1 Admirals uniforms, and VOY racing uniforms.

I was just trying to be funny, I didn't take offense to what you wrote.
    edited September 2012

It seems like nobody cares enough anymore to keep this a front page issue.