test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We need a in game support event! We need to first find how many people are wanting this? Really wanting this. Contact our fleets and friends. Then contact one of the trek radio's and see if they would advertise the event at Earth Space Dock. Maybe a 4 hour event/party and show our support for this idea. Show the developers this is not just a small group posters on the forums. Coming from the first ESD Christmas party creator 2 years ago;) this could be huge and force the developers to see how much this is wanted.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Put me down as a supporter...

(preferably, as some young ladies thong...)

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I support this as well. It would also be nice if, for the people who aren't able to attend the event, that a list of shout-outs or honorable mentions is kept when the event is run.
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Put me down as a supporter...

(preferably, as some young ladies thong...)

:P

Teehee, it's funny because here that's footwear. :D
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ...880 Days (for me)... and counting...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    901 Days. Yay! :rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not sure what to think if in 58 days I get my 1000 day vet reward and no female tactical android boff. Even less sure if we get the next vet reward after that and no female tactical android boff.
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't think we will see progress here unless Stahl himself puts this on the team's schedule.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    eagledraco wrote: »
    I don't think we will see progress here unless Stahl himself puts this on the team's schedule.

He mentioned that an 'investigation' was 'needed' ( :rolleyes: !!) only a few months ago. I guess he's forgotten since then, and in just under a year we'll need an investigation into what happened to the investigation needed to find out what happened to the android variants. :rolleyes:
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Guys face the facts it will not happen for a long time if at all. Cryptic/Dstaul and the rest do post in the forums a lot. They read these forums and will likely read this post. Yet they say nothing about this for months. Not enough people care to get attention of the "Gods of game"
    edited August 2012
    At the moment, I could care less if I can't trade in my android boff for another. Just put in 6 variations for each side and if anyone has a problem with it, then they can contact a GM to reimburse their android boff token. We don't need the trade-in system right now. We just want the option to pick the boff we want. This method is simple, effective, and would appease most of the complainers in this thread.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    At the moment, I could care less if I can't trade in my android boff for another. Just put in 6 variations for each side and if anyone has a problem with it, then they can contact a GM to reimburse their android boff token. We don't need the trade-in system right now. We just want the option to pick the boff we want. This method is simple, effective, and would appease most of the complainers in this thread.

I think that would work. And it's not like the android boffs would need all their own abilities, or even look different.
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think that would work. And it's not like the android boffs would need all their own abilities, or even look different.

If this meant actually *getting* the other five options, I'm all for it.
  • genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

The android variants don't exist in game
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I wonder how many times this thread needs to be repeatedly bumped, before Cryptic gets off their lazy backsides, and actually FIXES IT!!!

Coming up on people with 1000-day veteran rewards, and you don't even have proper 700-day rewards working yet. I suppose around the 1300-day mark, the 700-day might get fixed. But then it will be 1600-days before the 1000-day works, etc.
    HvGQ9pH.png
    edited August 2012

It's obvious they ignore this thread. I'm not advocating derailing threads and incurring infractions but I think, whenever you can do so in a relevant way, you should bring up the android issue in other threads, preferably ones the devs aren't ignoring.

Btw, these PW forums really do suck eggs.
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    genericii wrote: »

It's obvious they ignore this thread. I'm not advocating derailing threads and incurring infractions but I think, whenever you can do so in a relevant way, you should bring up the android issue in other threads, preferably ones the devs aren't ignoring.

I don't think they're going out of their way to 'ignore' this thread, I just think it doesn't raise any new questions they don't already know. I'm all for reminding them that they need to put in the season 6-enabled tech to get the variants ready, but storming other threads with obnoxious derailments can be really annoying to other players with legitimate concerns or feedback. So everybody keep the 'relevant' part in mind.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't know what is worse.

They ignore the updates for the BO, or the players who NEED these BO. Sure I'd love to make this guy a female in hot cloths, but I won't replace my 3 Orions and Borg.

Not like you can't use any BO and trump ground missions.....

Wait...I didn't buy all these slots not to make killer looking BO's. Where's my (sigh) Breen, Reman. Jem, etc. etc...Threads?
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    theoryfive wrote: »

If this meant actually *getting* the other five options, I'm all for it.

It would be galling if they did this and, with PW's somewhat lax customer support, those who've been waiting for the variants for all this time (244 days and counting for some of us) end up stuck waiting or simply be unable to get our male engineering androids 'refunded' for a token, while folk only just hitting 700 would be able to pick up the variant of their choice like none of this ever happened.

That said, it would still actually get the variants into the game, which would be something of an achievement at this stage.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't see how tokens, or any other type of thing would be needed. If they have variant's ready to put in, they can simply wipe everyone's current ones and re-issue the reward to all of us. - I highly doubt this could be the technical issue that is the cause of our wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
    edited August 2012
    wildmousex wrote: »
    I don't see how tokens, or any other type of thing would be needed. If they have variant's ready to put in, they can simply wipe everyone's current ones and re-issue the reward to all of us. - I highly doubt this could be the technical issue that is the cause of our wait.

Wiping out every current android boff is not a good idea. They would have to transfer the boff's inventory to our inventory or bank and some don't have much space so either way some items will be lost. Besides there are some that like to have Data in their crew since Data is a male engineering bridge officer. So it will be extra work for those that don't have a problem with the current state of things.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wiping out every current android boff is not a good idea. They would have to transfer the boff's inventory to our inventory or bank and some don't have much space so either way some items will be lost. Besides there are some that like to have Data in their crew since Data is a male engineering bridge officer. So it will be extra work for those that don't have a problem with the current state of things.

I always considered Data to be the ships science officer. He was usually the one who used the ships sensors. His uniform colour was yellow because of his position as operations officer.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    edited August 2012
    denizenvi wrote: »
    I don't think they're going out of their way to 'ignore' this thread, I just think it doesn't raise any new questions they don't already know. I'm all for reminding them that they need to put in the season 6-enabled tech to get the variants ready, but storming other threads with obnoxious derailments can be really annoying to other players with legitimate concerns or feedback. So everybody keep the 'relevant' part in mind.

I specifically stated I wasn't advocating derailing threads or doing anything to incur infractions so your concern is unnecessary. It's obvious they're going out of their way to ignore this thread, the latest information we got was from "storming" an ask cryptic thread even though many have politely asked for an update in this thread.
    edited August 2012
    wildmousex wrote: »

The only technical issue to be overcome is that management or accounting sees no value to allocating work hours to get them in, so regardless of what was said, they're not going to bother.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I always considered Data to be the ships science officer. He was usually the one who used the ships sensors. His uniform colour was yellow because of his position as operations officer.

Data's uniform color was gold and he was called an "operations officer" because he looked silly in blue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited August 2012
    Data's uniform color was gold and he was called an "operations officer" because he looked silly in blue

Maybe his uniform color was yellow simply because it was written that way.
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited August 2012

Maybe his uniform color was yellow simply because it was written that way.

Maybe his uniform was gold because it brought out the color in his eyes? :D:P

There is no technical reason why variant android Boffs aren't in the game. Cryptic has the tech to give the choice of male/female and science/engineering/tactical. They just haven't done it, most likely because there's no money in it.

I'd even go for the current male engineer android and, at the cost of some dilithium, change him to another class/gender. Let's just get the variants in-game, for Q's sake. Sheesh. Get on it, Cryptic.
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • ionsolionsol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Six months past due for me and much longer for others.
    *twiddles thumbs*

I supposed I'd feel angrier if there'd been more than two truncated away team positions in the story content released this year that could take advantage of his cool(?) ground traits.

I'm going to table the notion that the idea of planning to talk about scheduling the discussion of diagramming strategies to implement the resources needed to roll out the "Promote Bridge Officer to Playable Captain" system fell through due to a dry whiteboard marker.
    To wit, all development of bridge officer related systems/content was put on hold until further notice.

Unfortunately, due to a broken pencil no-one was able to scribble on a post-it to schedule how they were going to break it to the players.

Bless.

*This thread is 270 days/650+ posts old.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited August 2012

The only technical issue to be overcome is that management or accounting sees no value to allocating work hours to get them in, so regardless of what was said, they're not going to bother.

We have a winner.
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    253 days overdue and still nothing but an old, lame excuse.