test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    From the new Ask Cryptic:

Q: (kobayashlmaru) Now that some of us are approaching the 1000 day vet rewards, is there a plan to extend beyond the 1000 days? If so, in what capacity?

Dstahl: First, we intend to ensure that the 1000 day vet reward is awesome for both FED and KDF players. Then we plan to go back and review the rewards at each tier to ensure we have everything implemented as was discussed. Only after that will we consider going past 1000 days. We are discussing this with Champs, but for now, there are no details yet.

So maybe we'll get them some time after 1000 days.

Only veteran rewards that seem to be lacking is the 100 day and maybe the 200 day veteran reward for KDF and more options for the 700 day vet reward. However, if the devs want to add more rewards to current veteran rewards, then I doubt any of us would mind. Of course, there won't be a 1100 day veteran reward until there is a female tactical android bridge officer.
  • genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Based on how vets have been treated post PW, I'd guess that if we get a 1100 day vet reward it will be free access to the in-game adsense channel! We might even be able to purchase items with zen as another cross promotion with spyware, adware, and malware... oops, I meant trusted third party partners.

Please give me my android variants before my 1000 day vet reward so I can have some closure to the STO chapter of my MMO life.

Cryptic, pre-PW I really loved this game. I looked forward to playing every night! It was the first MMO I was ever willing to pay a subscription for and I don't, even now, feel that it was money wasted. This new direction, however, has me saddened and I can tell, no matter what the "official" response is, that this was a completely different company before the PW buyout than it is now. They are ruining your games and your reputation! I will never delete STO from my computer, but unless things change drastically, I can't see wasting time in STO when I'm treated with much more respect as a consumer by ArenaNet. I hope someone there can get the non-gaming suits to see how they're hurting this game.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I doubt we'll get an 1100 day reward at all; if they continue with numeric milestones, they'll probably go to 250 day increments, or 500 days.

Or space the numeric milestones out further, such as 1,000 day increments, and offer rewards instead that relate to Star Trek milestones; the recent TNG 25th anniversary being an example. With more planning, they could offer unique rewards for milestones from all the series, round number ages of Trek stars (living or dead), etc.

For a random example, in two years Robert Picardo will be 60. Perfect time to offer something interesting related to Emergency Medical Holograms, and they can start planning for it NOW if they think along these lines.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anarchy Online had an interesting veteran system. Every reward was available at the start, but each reward had a price. Simple rewards only cost one or two veteran tokens, but more expensive ones cost more. So you could buy the ultra deluxe starship for a year worth of veteran tokens or a bunch of hats.

Every 100 days could grant a token and the devs could wait until more veteran rewards are added. It would allow us to skip veteran rewards that are not useful and save up for ones that are.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Anarchy Online had an interesting veteran system. Every reward was available at the start, but each reward had a price. Simple rewards only cost one or two veteran tokens, but more expensive ones cost more. So you could buy the ultra deluxe starship for a year worth of veteran tokens or a bunch of hats.

Every 100 days could grant a token and the devs could wait until more veteran rewards are added. It would allow us to skip veteran rewards that are not useful and save up for ones that are.

That might be a nice addition. Annoying monkey that doesn't do much of anything besides make noise? I'll pass. More costume options and ship slots? Please! :D
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Did anyone notice? Not alot of talk about them any more.

Guess ignoring a problem DOES make it go away.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I see the thread getting bumped back up by the die-hards every week. Beyond that, what's there to say? Cryptic's going to do what it's going to do. It'll either do what 1 Dev said or they'll keep it as an Engineering BOFF.

As a player I'd like a Tac or Sci Android BOFF - as well as an Android Captain. As a Trekker I understand why it's an Engineering/OPs BOFF. It's not a game-breaker for me either way.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Theres plenty to say, But I am not sure the pro's want to hear it.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • harveycloneharveyclone Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Welcome to the old thread
  • obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    rohirrim wrote: »
    We where told that 3-4 months ago, since that we have had a new season launch and many bug fixes.

Don't tell me that they need half a year to a full year to fix the bug or come up with another way to give use the other Android variants by using code that already exists (catian and aenar BOFF comes to mind)
    Rule #1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
    edited September 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Theres plenty to say, But I am not sure the pro's want to hear it.

You're right, there is plenty to say, but what should be said, is that Gold and LTS aren't good enough. There needs to be more reasons to purchase them, plain and simple. Once it starts affecting more people, stuff like this will get fixed.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Did anyone notice? Not alot of talk about them any more.

Guess ignoring a problem DOES make it go away.

In the Raptr Q&A, Dan Stahl said that the 700-day vet reward Android BOff was back on JHeinig's desk, as an "extra credit" item.

JHeinig, in case you've been living under a rock, has apparently been out of work for the past couple weeks and hospitalized, battling an infection that has been eating away at his leg.

I'm not sure there's a whole lot to say more than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    inb4 "That's no excuse!"

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
  • obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In the Raptr Q&A, Dan Stahl said that the 700-day vet reward Android BOff was back on JHeinig's desk, as an "extra credit" item.

JHeinig, in case you've been living under a rock, has apparently been out of work for the past couple weeks and hospitalized, battling an infection that has been eating away at his leg.

Wow, that's the sort of thing I mean when I say "devs don't make promises because things can change on the fly". Not only the schedule and shifting development, but also who's working on what, if the person working on something is out of the office (or frickin' hospitalized), etc.

Hope he not only has a speedy recovery, but that he isn't permanently maimed or scarred from this nasty infection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 803 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Whoa, I was not expecting that at all. Here's hoping he has the best recovery possible!

...Who wants to bet that the android issue was put on his desk *after* he was hospitalized?
  • genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    theoryfive wrote: »
    Whoa, I was not expecting that at all. Here's hoping he has the best recovery possible!

...Who wants to bet that the android issue was put on his desk *after* he was hospitalized?

+1 to both sentiments. JHeinig, I hope things go well for you, family and health ALWAYS trump work. :)

Management (best to not name names), shame on you for passing the buck to someone who's convalescing! (Talk about throwing someone under the bus!) :mad:
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Ahh, thanks for that info. I was going to buy 500 zen today, instead I put that towards his ChipIn.
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    genericii wrote: »

Management (best to not name names), shame on you for passing the buck to someone who's convalescing! (Talk about throwing someone under the bus!) :mad:

Umm, it's been his side project for a while, it's not like right before the Ask Cryptic they shoved all the things onto the desk of the guy who's out sick.

The only ones putting pressure on him for it are the players, and his status was mentioned so that we don't rage insensitively while he shouldn't even be thinking about work. Simply mentioning it was his thing doesn't 'pass the buck' or apply any additional pressure or responsibility.

Hope he feels better soon, this hospital thing sounds like a real doozy.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited September 2012
    denizenvi wrote: »
    Umm, it's been his side project for a while, it's not like right before the Ask Cryptic they shoved all the things onto the desk of the guy who's out sick.

Bah, I had MRSA eat my whole head off and they still made me go to work. :p
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    I doubt we'll get an 1100 day reward at all; if they continue with numeric milestones, they'll probably go to 250 day increments, or 500 days.

Or space the numeric milestones out further, such as 1,000 day increments, and offer rewards instead that relate to Star Trek milestones; the recent TNG 25th anniversary being an example. With more planning, they could offer unique rewards for milestones from all the series, round number ages of Trek stars (living or dead), etc.

For a random example, in two years Robert Picardo will be 60. Perfect time to offer something interesting related to Emergency Medical Holograms, and they can start planning for it NOW if they think along these lines.

Well I said it before and again after my 1100+1 and nothing happens ill be going F2p;) Oh ill play!! But pay? No way. If they cant take the time to make even a new belt buckle in 100 days and give it to people who has hung out this long like myself then no soup for them. I have all but gave up on cstore since the change over to zen. Leave? heck no I love the game!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So the 700 Vet Reward Android Variants are to be done as a side/spare-time project of Jesse and he's in the hospital? Sheesh, sounds like he's got nothing BUT spare time... I mean just sittin' around in bed all day... Get to work ya lazy bum!!!

:P

>ducks<

Seriously, I hope he feels better and recovers his life sooner, rather than later. The work can wait.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2012
    So the 700 Vet Reward Android Variants are to be done as a side/spare-time project of Jesse and he's in the hospital? Sheesh, sounds like he's got nothing BUT spare time... I mean just sittin' around in bed all day... Get to work ya lazy bum!!!

:P

>ducks<

Seriously, I hope he feels better and recovers his life sooner, rather than later. The work can wait. :)

Yeah, Jesse, the work can wait (but not too long). :D

Once he's up and about and back to work, Cryptic should make a rare medical Doff assignment out of this. Treat Outbreak of Jeinig Fever, or something like that. :P
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've worked in a hospital for over 30 years and recently have seen several cases just like this...

What Jessie has is VERY TOXIC to ones system and VERY DIFFICULT to Treat/Cure...

(A Staph Infection is much deadlier than a MRSA one)

At best, it's possible he could loose the infected leg, at worst it can be terminal.

I wish all the best for him and pray that his treating physicians are able to get the infection completely under control.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2012
    Just hope he gets better soon and the infection has not gone into his bone :(
    edited September 2012
    zordar01 wrote: »
    Once he's up and about and back to work, Cryptic should make a rare medical Doff assignment out of this. Treat Outbreak of Jeinig Fever, or something like that. :P

Hee hee... nice. :D

I do hope he gets better... this sounds like nasty stuff. :(
    edited September 2012
    Anyone know how Jesse is doing? :(
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anyone know how Jesse is doing? :(

They're keeping an update log at teh previously linked website.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited September 2012
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zordar01 wrote: »
    ...Once he's up and about and back to work, Cryptic should make a rare medical Doff assignment out of this. Treat Outbreak of Jeinig Fever, or something like that. :P
    /signed +1 :D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sooo..

No update for this yet...

925 days for me and still counting...

Good thing I haven't been holding my breath on this one.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif