test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• darkthorne70darkthorne70 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think people do care I just also think they have a feeling that nothing is going to happen
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Do you think the issue is lining up the face panels with the female face?
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think people do care I just also think they have a feeling that nothing is going to happen

I formally petition that the topic of this thread be changed to demand blond flattops and sunglasses for the androids when they are released. Whoever gets the joke can keep it.:cool:
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    stararmy wrote: »
    Do you think the issue is lining up the face panels with the female face?

No, it's just a matter of resizing them and finding the time to do that. :P
    I formally petition that the topic of this thread be changed to demand blond flattops and sunglasses for the androids when they are released. Whoever gets the joke can keep it.:cool:

You're forgetting the requisite Austrian Accent.
    edited September 2012
    You're forgetting the requisite Austrian Accent.

Do you have a version of STO where the BO's can speak?:eek:
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have yet to claim my Andriod Boff on any of my characters waiting for the day that they do expand the options.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It would give me a reason to sub again if they got around to doing this... hint, hint.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2012
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I have yet to claim my Andriod Boff on any of my characters waiting for the day that they do expand the options.

Same here. No sense going through the rigamarole of claiming/replacing for a Boff that doesn't have awesome skills or passives. I mean, c'mon, a non-Efficient android? What, do they run on Windows ME or something? Do they have to crank themselves every few minutes for power? Do they only speak in windings? Sheesh.
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Raptr's having a Q&A session with Dan Stahl tomorrow. Raptr users can go ahead post questions for Raptr to ask him during the interview. I went ahead and asked about the 700-day Android BOff options. Looks like an interesting comment system they have there, as you can upvote and downvote individual comments...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Raptr's having a...
    Speaking of Raptr, I like how the Devs have time to "devalue" my 800-Day Vet Mugato Reward, by recoloring it and giving it away as part of their advirtising promotion, but they can't make the time to fix my 700-Day Vet reward.

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • rohirrimrohirrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    +1 specially after they have said that all the Android versions are ready to be added to the game.
    12th-Feet
    Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
  • vminkvmink Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What, the 700 day vet reward androids still aren't fully in the game yet?

Sigh. Leave for a few months and it's like nothing changed... :(
    ---
    Gowron Simmons is pleased to see you, yes!
    edited September 2012
    vmink wrote: »
    ...Sigh. Leave for a few months and it's like nothing changed...
    Well, if there's one thing you can count on from Cryptic, it's consistancy!

:D

:rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Speaking of Raptr, I like how the Devs have time to "devalue" my 800-Day Vet Mugato Reward, by recoloring it and giving it away as part of their advirtising promotion, but they can't make the time to fix my 700-Day Vet reward.

Which of those two things do you think takes more work?
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
    edited September 2012
    syberghost wrote: »

Given that we where told 3-4 months ago that the Android variants where finished and ready to be added to the game, I would say de-evaluating our 600 day veteran reward is more work than hooking up the finished variants of the Android BOFF for the 700 day veteran reward (given that what you are telling us they have been working hooking up the BOFFs for the last 3-4 months).
    12th-Feet
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    rohirrim wrote: »
    Given that we where told 3-4 months ago that the Android variants where finished and ready to be added to the game, I would say de-evaluating our 600 day veteran reward is more work than hooking up the finished variants of the Android BOFF for the 700 day veteran reward (given that what you are telling us they have been working hooking up the BOFFs for the last 3-4 months).

We've also been told that a bug in the code was discovered that prevents actually putting them in, and that it's a non-trivial bug. Whereas the Gumato is a few hours of one person's time.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
    edited September 2012
    We where told that 3-4 months ago, since that we have had a new season launch and many bug fixes.

Don't tell me that they need half a year to a full year to fix the bug or come up with another way to give use the other Android variants by using code that already exists (catian and aenar BOFF comes to mind)
    12th-Feet
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We've also been told that a bug in the code was discovered that prevents actually putting them in, and that it's a non-trivial bug. Whereas the Gumato is a few hours of one person's time.

We were also told that the bug was squashed with the Season 6 Code.
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Saw the Raptr promotion earlier: Is the Gumato not just a typo of mugato? :confused:

I didn't see the reference to the non-trivial bug in the code. Do you know if it was stated in an interview or on the forums? To be honest this was the first update I had heard in over a month.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
    edited September 2012
    I'm not a software developer, so I don't know for sure. On one hand I should expect it would be easiest to copy an existing single item, renaming it from Mugato to Gumato, and changing it's color parameter from white to brown. On the other hand, we were told in December 2011 that the problem with the 700 Day Vet Reward was found and would be fixed when the dev returned from the holidays (ie sometime in January 2012). Then it was worse than thought, and eventually (summed up here) it was ignored until June 2012 when dstahl replied:
    That issue appears to be resolved in Season 6 and so now it boils down to having one of the developers revisit this and put in the options.
    dstahl's reply makes it sound trivial, that they just have to put it on the schedule and getterdone.

That was over three months ago without so much as the courtesy of a further response or update on status.

In my opinion, as a paying customer, there are (too many) times (such as this issue) where Cryptic neglects their customers. And really, there's no other word for it. This issue has been alive for a very long time and has be virtually ignored for most of that time.

My point of my sarcastic post was to show my continued frustration and displeasure with Cryptic over this issue, as well as to keep the issue/debate alive and to not let Cryptic (easily) forget about it.

But what is your point syberghost?

edited September 2012
    So, from the Raptr Q&A (and summed up here on the STO forums):
    Nemikahnz: <snip>

First, what has happened to the other 700 day Android BOFF variants? Things have been very quite about their fate. <snip>
      Dstahl: The 700 day Android BOFF varaints are still on the plate of the dev who personally said he would make them, but he has yet to do. Since this was never originally scheduled, it has been on his extra-credit list to get in at some point.

Ouch. So it's back on JHeinig's plate, but off to the side as an "extra credit" project...
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Raptr profile
      edited September 2012
      Saw the Raptr promotion earlier: Is the Gumato not just a typo of mugato? :confused:

It is a Gumato and not a Mugato. The difference is that it's brown instead of white.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Raptr profile
    • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
      edited September 2012
      So, from the Raptr Q&A (and summed up here on the STO forums):

Ouch. So it's back on JHeinig's plate, but off to the side as an "extra credit" project...

Great. Ahem...

Attention JHeinig! I will gladly send Mt. Dew and Cheetos money to you so you can complete this project during the hours you normally waste sleeping. I repeat, Mt. Dew and Cheetos for 700 day android Boff options.

(Dew + Cheetos) - Sleep = 700 android Boff options

That is all.
      Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
    • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      Honest to God if someone the forums can vouch for as trustworthy opens a paypal thingy specifically for Mt. Dew and Cheetos to sent to Heinig as a bribe to get these done, I will happily donate a $5er to the cause. I kid you not.
      edited September 2012
      jexsamx wrote: »
      Honest to God if someone the forums can vouch for as trustworthy opens a paypal thingy specifically for Mt. Dew and Cheetos to sent to Heinig as a bribe to get these done, I will happily donate a $5er to the cause. I kid you not.

ROFL sounds like a Kickstarter project!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Raptr profile
    • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 788 Arc User
      edited September 2012
      ROFL sounds like a Kickstarter project!

Let's do this!

Although, he may need some energy drinks as well.
    • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
      edited September 2012
      jexsamx wrote: »

Seriously?

I used to send CapnLogan beer. Admittedly it was only after he completed something awesome for us, but I feel it helped him understand how awesome he was being and how being awesome has its rewards.

Extra credit, hm? Sitting on his plate for over 200 days now.... Seems like he's not really an over achiever, then. Does what he needs and blow the extra credit work out of the airlock.

I doubt a bribe will motivate him to touch this project. No, I feel like the only thing that would cause motivation enough to get it on track would be if it were his job to do so, not a side project.

Heh.. Vet rewards are "extra credit" work.
      edited September 2012
      From the new Ask Cryptic:

Q: (kobayashlmaru) Now that some of us are approaching the 1000 day vet rewards, is there a plan to extend beyond the 1000 days? If so, in what capacity?

Dstahl: First, we intend to ensure that the 1000 day vet reward is awesome for both FED and KDF players. Then we plan to go back and review the rewards at each tier to ensure we have everything implemented as was discussed. Only after that will we consider going past 1000 days. We are discussing this with Champs, but for now, there are no details yet.

So maybe we'll get them some time after 1000 days.
      edited September 2012
      Don't hold your breath.

The Poll that was putt up contains what we have voted on the last 2 years, in 2 years we will see another poll with the top 4 choices and then in another 2 years we will see another poll with the top 2 choices. 2 more years and we will still be waiting for the stuff we voted on.
      12th-Feet
      edited September 2012
      ...We are discussing this with Champs, but for now, there are no details yet...
      Heh, so the 1100 STO Reward will be mutant gene splicing, capes, tights, and super powers for each Captain! I'm SO THERE!!!

:D