test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would love to have one of each class of Android on my crew......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

We know that even when these do get fixed up so that the other classes/genders are in the game, this will not be possible.

You will have at most ONE of these Android BOffs at a time. You can trade the one you have for other types (which is a major improvement over being stuck with the same type for life *cough*Dilithium Conversion BOff*cough*), however it's still only one Android at a time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hope this race will be part of the playable first officer system, i know CBS said no to a playable Soong Android and BOFF. We got this great replacement that needs an efficient quality as all Android in trek lore have been efficient.

I would include space warfare trait and the veteran trait considering he was a vet reward.

Thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stararmy wrote: »
    I'm past 900 days now and the 700-day android hasn't been (fully) delivered. I really hope it gets into the game as part of the big season 6 patch.

Aye, as do I, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Acroos all of my captains, I will have one of each class, but it would be cool to have a 'droid only ship.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just claimed my Android on my KDF I don't know if its up yet on the Fed side.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594724080681988601/035A8669E68EF5554F8798E294916610DC7E03E5/
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • lokikinlokikin Member Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just claimed my Android on my KDF I don't know if its up yet on the Fed side.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594724080681988601/035A8669E68EF5554F8798E294916610DC7E03E5/

You got the male engineering officer that's been available the whole time...

There are supposed to be male and female versions of all three, Eng, Tac, and Sci...

That's where the problem lies...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OK, I thought you couldn't claim them.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
    edited July 2012
    We know that even when these do get fixed up so that the other classes/genders are in the game, this will not be possible.

You will have at most ONE of these Android BOffs at a time. You can trade the one you have for other types (which is a major improvement over being stuck with the same type for life *cough*Dilithium Conversion BOff*cough*), however it's still only one Android at a time.

Knowing this is the case, even understanding why this is the case, does not diminish the dream of a droid only crew... :o
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    genericii wrote: »

Knowing this is the case, even understanding why this is the case, does not diminish the dream of a droid only crew... :o

I have been trying to do that with my Liberated Borg Captain. No pure organics allowed. Cyborgs and Machines only. Its a lot easier at the early levels.

On an unrelated note, I haven't been here in a long time. Things have changed, it seems.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jslyn wrote: »
    I have been trying to do that with my Liberated Borg Captain. No pure organics allowed. Cyborgs and Machines only. Its a lot easier at the early levels.

On an unrelated note, I haven't been here in a long time. Things have changed, it seems.

Can achieve it with a full away team. 2 Liberated Borg, 2 Photonics, and the Android. Of course, the photonics require 300 lobi or obtaining the referral photonic boff from the exchange. Having a full non-organic crew is extremely difficult since there is some photonic doffs and the borg doffs which either require luck, completing the B'Train colonial chain, critting the reclaim drones assignment, and the STF store. There are some androids and exocomps with the ultra-rare exocomp doff, F2P rewards, and that Doff weekend giveaway. So you have to have a crew of less than 50 non-organics unless you want to clone the purple borg kitty.
    edited July 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Can achieve it with a full away team. 2 Liberated Borg, 2 Photonics, and the Android. Of course, the photonics require 300 lobi or obtaining the referral photonic boff from the exchange. Having a full non-organic crew is extremely difficult since there is some photonic doffs and the borg doffs which either require luck, completing the B'Train colonial chain, critting the reclaim drones assignment, and the STF store. There are some androids and exocomps with the ultra-rare exocomp doff, F2P rewards, and that Doff weekend giveaway. So you have to have a crew of less than 50 non-organics unless you want to clone the purple borg kitty.

I have plenty of photonics. I snatched several off of the Exchange during the Winter Wonderland event. They were pretty cheap back then.

I haven't tried to purge the organic DOffs yet. That would take a very long time. I do not like repeating the same missions over and over. That leaves me with very little Dilithium and STF stuff to work with.

For the moment, I am trying to get an entire Bridge Crew of Non-Organics. I have the Photonic Science Officer, the Engineer and Science Borg, and the Engineer Android. Are there any Tactical Bridge Officers that are Non-Organic? I intend to replace the Android with one whenever those are released, but until then....
    edited July 2012

Oh Joy! Season Six is here.... Oops, I mean !!! So, the starbases, where it costs ridiculous amounts of cash... er, dilithium to do anything are now in the game. The conversion from Cryptic Points to YinYang, or Zen is in, and finally, because of season sux tech, the android variants are in!!! Are in... Aren't in??? Gee what a shock, I really believed them this time. :P :rolleyes:
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jslyn wrote: »
    For the moment, I am trying to get an entire Bridge Crew of Non-Organics. I have the Photonic Science Officer, the Engineer and Science Borg, and the Engineer Android. Are there any Tactical Bridge Officers that are Non-Organic? I intend to replace the Android with one whenever those are released, but until then....

Only missing the Photonic Boff from the Lobi store which is a Tactical Boff. Looks like the Photonic crew form Facility 4028 and are sweet if expensive.
    edited July 2012
    stararmy wrote: »
    I'm past 900 days now and the 700-day android hasn't been (fully) delivered. I really hope it gets into the game as part of the big season 6 patch.

And the unfortunate answer to this is no...

:eek:
    edited July 2012
    No sign of this being fixed on the latest Tribble patch. I am expecting this to be done before Season 7.

This.

Also, don't forget to bring this up again when the next Ask the Devs comes around, each and every one of us.

Note, this is not a call to raise pitchforks and torches and burn the village down. Doing so will only earn you infractions, and spitting hate and bile in here is more than likely able to get this thread closed down more than anything productive.

We can, however, keep talking about it, which keeps this topic refreshed and on the front page. Where everyone can see it. Whether they're a dev, an artist, an executive producer, a 700+ day vet or a non-700-day vet. And we can remind them that we're still waiting. Not with a bludgeon. Not with a spit in the face or a knee to the groin. Just a simple, "Hey, how are those 700 day Android variants coming along?"

...AT. EVERY. OPPORTUNITY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • johnnie191johnnie191 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agreed. It would be incredibly useful to be able to make the android science or tactical. Those added abilities would really turn the boff from being a circumstantially useable reward(depending on what type of bridge officer you need) to an always usable reward.
    edited July 2012
    Only missing the Photonic Boff from the Lobi store which is a Tactical Boff. Looks like the Photonic crew form Facility 4028 and are sweet if expensive.

Ah. That would be why I didn't know of it. I don't know much about the Lobi stuff. But thank you for telling me of it.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ...850 Days (for me) ... And counting...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh Joy! Season Six is here.... ...and finally, because of season sux tech, the android variants are in!!! Are in... Aren't in???
    I LOL'd. Yeah, ok, so I bet we're back to waiting for costumes. The S6 tech probably just fixed red and blue thread machines, so now the tailor can actually get to work sewing them up... yeah. Yeah, that's it!

Meh. And don't forget S6 lasts until S7 launches... So, you know... They have months to go... :rolleyes:
    ...don't forget to bring this up again when the next Ask the Devs comes around, each and every one of us.

Note, this is not a call to raise pitchforks and torches and burn the village down. Doing so will only earn you infractions, and spitting hate and bile in here is more than likely able to get this thread closed down more than anything productive.

We can, however, keep talking about it, which keeps this topic refreshed and on the front page. Where everyone can see it. Whether they're a dev, an artist, an executive producer, a 700+ day vet or a non-700-day vet. And we can remind them that we're still waiting. Not with a bludgeon. Not with a spit in the face or a knee to the groin. Just a simple, "Hey, how are those 700 day Android variants coming along?"

Perfectly. Said. Thank you.

Never Give Up. Never Surrender! :cool:

ETA: 868 Days for me...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited July 2012
    This.

Also, don't forget to bring this up again when the next Ask the Devs comes around, each and every one of us.

You're preaching to the choir... but it's nice to have more voices!
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2012

You're preaching to the choir... but it's nice to have more voices!

What is it when the choir preaches to the choir? >.>
    edited July 2012
    What is it when the choir preaches to the choir? >.>

Well, when the choir preaches to the choir it creates a feedback loop that eventually blows all the speakers, but hopefully not before the message gets firmly planted in Cryptic's collective "brain". If we're forced to wait much longer, something else is going to be firmly planted somewhere.
    edited July 2012

Well, when the choir preaches to the choir it creates a feedback loop that eventually blows all the speakers, but hopefully not before the message gets firmly planted in Cryptic's collective "brain". If we're forced to wait much longer, something else is going to be firmly planted somewhere.

You never know, it could end up awesomely sounding something like Bohemian Rhapsody. Or, on the downside, it could end up an utter trainwreck sounding like Brian May's 5.1 remix of Bohemian Rhapsody.

Beelzebub has a Devil put aside for me, but does Cryptic have any 700 day android tactical or science variants put aside for me? :rolleyes:
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harveycloneharveyclone Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please Fix This
    edited July 2012

Still no fix, still no word on when they will be available, and still trying to save this thread from oblivion. Sometimes I feel like these variants are never going to be added and even keeping this thread going is completely unimportant to Cryptic.
    edited July 2012
    213 days later and counting, no variants. Have they even conducted that 'investigation' they were mentioning?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harveycloneharveyclone Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello Cryptic we're still here,next ask cryptic here we come
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    brigadooom wrote: »
    ...Beelzebub has a Devil put aside for me, but does Cryptic have any 700 day android tactical or science variants put aside for me? :rolleyes:
    Nope.

/10char

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited July 2012
    Is it a real life?
    Is it just a machine?
    Caught in a timeloop,
    No escape from its programming.
    Open your files,
    Look up Data's logs and see...

Data
    Is not a man
    Put a spanner to his head
    Press his back and now he's dead
    Data... finally got command!
    But then he went and flew his ship away
    Dataaaa oooh,
    Didn't mean to make them die,
    If he'd just just backed up his files on HOLO...
    Carry on, Carry on, 'coz now we have Red Matter...

It's too late, for Unit 0001,
    Send electrons down its spine, body's twitching all the time
    Goodbye, Lal and Rayna, now you've got to go
    Gotta shut you down before you short a fuse
    Dataaaa, oooohh (The way the LED glows)
    I'm not gonna lie,
    I sometimes wish you'd never been found at all

(Guitar solo)

I see a little emulation of a man
    It's a Male! it's a Eng! Can you trade it in though?

Very very soon, oh, we can trade it in for FREE!
    Not right now though, Not right now though
    Not right now though, Let me see...

I'm just an old vet, nobody loves me
    He's just an old vet from before F2P,
    Spare him his crew this banality!
    Is it tech, Is it art? Won't you let us know?
    The Devs say, "NO! We will not let you know"
    (Let us know) The Devs say "NO! We will not let you know!"
    (Let us know) Will not let you know
    (Let us know) (Never) Never let you know (Let us know) Ah
    No, no , no , no, no, no , no
    Rayna 14, Rayna 15, Rayna 16 could not know!
    JHeinig has an Android set aside for me, for me, for MEEEEEEEEE!!!

So you think you can snub this for all Season 5?!?!
    So you think with just the Male Eng we'd be fine?!?!
    Oh, Cryptic, can't do this to us Cryptic,
    Just gotta get our Sci's, Just gotta get our Tac's promised here!

(Guitar Solo)

This stuff kinda matters, anyway to me,
    This stuff kinda matters,
    This stuff kinda matters to me...

Anyway the LED glows...

===============

Ok, challenge is on, come up with more Queen songs to parody our lack of Android options!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile