test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Wrong thread. This is about the male/female tactical/science/engineering android that Cryptic said they would make, to show 700-day vets that we're so very appreciated. Once again they've not delivered, and there hasn't been a peep from them as to the status of this in a while now. Hopefully they've not forgotten about it.

I would so very much like a female tactical android because I enjoyed Andromeda. Alas...
    edited May 2012
    Brigadoom wrote:
    Wrong thread. This is about the male/female tactical/science/engineering android that Cryptic said they would make, to show 700-day vets that we're so very appreciated. Once again they've not delivered, and there hasn't been a peep from them as to the status of this in a while now. Hopefully they've not forgotten about it.

I would so very much like a female tactical android because I enjoyed Andromeda. Alas...

800 Days for me as of last evening...

I'm also quite dissapointed with this whole mess...

I actually haven't logged into the game in almost a week now.
    (and I've been on vacation all week)
    edited May 2012

855 days. We need one or more podcasts to shine a spotlight on this.
    edited May 2012
    I can no longer see the age of my account in my account settings page, which means I can no longer track the length of time this particular reward has been unrewarding. Hope this is just a bug... I kind of enjoyed logging in and seeing yet another measurable day pass by in which there was no tactical female android possible.
    edited May 2012
    I'm still hoping they'll get the other variants in too. (862 days total on my account.) We really need Brandon to stop by and let the rest of Cryptic know this is still an issue. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm sure not going to hold my breath or anything.

Brigadoom: I still have my 'day count' displayed here. Did you make sure to click 'My Account' from the STO homepage? (I ask because I know the 'My Account' link in the forums leads to a forum settings page, rather than the master account page you get from the STO homepage.)
    edited May 2012
    Brigadoom wrote:
    I can no longer see the age of my account in my account settings page, which means I can no longer track the length of time this particular reward has been unrewarding. Hope this is just a bug... I kind of enjoyed logging in and seeing yet another measurable day pass by in which there was no tactical female android possible.

It's a BUG...

... then go back to your Dashboard, your # of Days Subed should show at the bottom again.

(801.75 for me at the moment)
    edited May 2012
    Ugh. Trying to get a response from Cryptic about this is like trying to get a response from Capcom about Megaman Legends 3. It feels like they're doing their best to ignore the issue and pretend it doesn't exist.

Maybe we'll stop complaining eventually and give up. /sarcasm
    edited May 2012
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    It's a BUG...

... then go back to your Dashboard, your # of Days Subed should show at the bottom again.

(801.75 for me at the moment)

Thank you! 863.44 days, aaaah.
    edited May 2012
    Ugh. Trying to get a response from Cryptic about this is like trying to get a response from Capcom about Megaman Legends 3. It feels like they're doing their best to ignore the issue and pretend it doesn't exist.

Maybe we'll stop complaining eventually and give up. /sarcasm

I will never give up until we have the variants, or at minimum official confirmation that they've been scrapped.
    edited May 2012
    Brigadoom wrote:
    Thank you! 863.44 days, aaaah.

You are quite welcome. :)
    edited May 2012
    401 posts, over 30K views, and still no answer as to when we will get the rest of the androids. Yet another reason, that I rarely log in now, things like this, are just sad Its apparent now, that they're just not interested in this, 5 almost 6 months would be long enough to have the costumes done by now.
    edited May 2012
    900 days are coming up in just over a month and about 4 months from now will be the 1000 day vet reward. It should not take almost a year to fix this. Although, there are other vet rewards that are still not fixed. Namely, Klingon costume options.
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

I will never give up until we have the variants, or at minimum official confirmation that they've been scrapped.

I will not give up until we have the variants either, and even saying they were scrapped at this point is not an acceptable answer to me. I stopped paying at 740.84 days, sub cancelled and the clock stopped ticking in February.
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

You know, this long wait and the lack of any communication has me worried about our last two vet reward days. I can easily imagine our vet ship being scrapped because PW wants everyone working on the new lockbox for that month.

Ain't that the truth
    edited May 2012
    The annoying part of this whole thing for me is I haven't even found the need to use the android on any of my toons. I have him, but he just sits there. I have the Borg Boff as well and I prefer her due to the efficient trait. If he was a science officer or a tac I would probably use him more.
    edited May 2012
    The main advantage for the Android is for away team parties, not ship bridge officers. The Android has no special space capabilities, but its high resistances and 'reboot' self-rez power are extremely handy on the ground.

Not to say that it wouldn't be more useful if it came in other varieties besides Male Engineer...
    edited May 2012
    Kyuui wrote: »
    401 posts, over 30K views, and still no answer as to when we will get the rest of the androids. Yet another reason, that I rarely log in now, things like this, are just sad Its apparent now, that they're just not interested in this, 5 almost 6 months would be long enough to have the costumes done by now.

Well then, we just have to keep reminding them until we do get a response.
    edited May 2012
    I wonder what Cryptic's excuse will be if/when they eventually do get the android variants made/released?

A miniscule voice in my head is screaming for compensation in the form of a Veteran Bridge Officer for those of us who've been waiting 164 (no doubt soon to be 200) days and counting... :p yeah right :rolleyes:
    edited May 2012
    Brigadoom wrote:
    I wonder what Cryptic's excuse will be if/when they eventually do get the android variants made/released?

A miniscule voice in my head is screaming for compensation in the form of a Veteran Bridge Officer for those of us who've been waiting 164 (no doubt soon to be 200) days and counting... :p yeah right :rolleyes:

Meh. Don't find the Veteran Bridge Officer to be of any interest. Just some unique traits. It would be sad if we get the 1100 day vet reward and still no female android boff. For those that disagree with there being a 1100 day vet reward, the devs have not said there will not be one. The next one could be the 1200 or 1250 day vet reward.
    edited May 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Meh. Don't find the Veteran Bridge Officer to be of any interest. Just some unique traits. It would be sad if we get the 1100 day vet reward and still no female android boff. For those that disagree with there being a 1100 day vet reward, the devs have not said there will not be one. The next one could be the 1200 or 1250 day vet reward.

I'd bet you'll be waiting much longer for an 1100 day vet reward that we will for the android variants.
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

I'd bet you'll be waiting much longer for an 1100 day vet reward that we will for the android variants.

If there is a 1100 day vet reward, then it will come out early 2013. The date for it is set in stone assuming Cryptic makes vet rewards past 1000 days. The android fix has no date set for it so it is possible that there is no fix until 2014.
    edited May 2012
    We already know there won't be a 1100 Veteran reward, the Dev have posted about it.
    the question is: Will there be any 1100 day Veterans...?
    edited May 2012
    We already know there won't be a 1100 Veteran reward, the Dev have posted about it.
    the question is: Will there be any 1100 day Veterans...?

Of course there will. If no one else, the lifers will be 1100+ day veterans.
    edited May 2012
    Of course there will. If no one else, the lifers will be 1100+ day veterans.

I think the referral was that the game may not be around at that point...

Though I personally don't want to prescribe to that idea.
    edited May 2012
    I can't say if it will or wont be, but I know this much, this issue has had a long term effect, that continues to grow as folks hit the 700 day mark. I've still not figured out why they can't take the week or so of time to do this and get the rest of them out.

Oh well, I'm going to chalk it up to intent again, since it seems thats what this has become.
    edited May 2012
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    I think the referral was that the game may not be around at that point...

Though I personally don't want to prescribe to that idea.

It will. That's only 100 days past the 1000 day mark, and about 250 from now. It's currently too popular for it to die that quickly when it isn't showing any signs of decline. The lock boxes are making them money, as evidenced by their continued production, so STO continues to be profitable.

My only real concern is that once the 1000 day mark passes, we veterans won't matter anymore, just like we lifers don't matter anymore (as evidenced by most of our lifer benefits having been sold in the C-Store or added to the Vet program). I'm expecting all of our Vet rewards to be offered in the C-Store by time that 1100 day mark hits - or maybe one at a time every 100 days....
    edited May 2012
    My only real concern is that once the 1000 day mark passes, we veterans won't matter anymore, just like we lifers don't matter anymore

"Anymore?" You say that like in the transition to F2P, lifers mattered at all. The game is passively hostile to subscribers as it is., and there has been no indication that The Powers That Be wants subscribers over "silvers."
    edited May 2012
    V-Mink wrote:
    "Anymore?" You say that like in the transition to F2P, lifers mattered at all. The game is passively hostile to subscribers as it is., and there has been no indication that The Powers That Be wants subscribers over "silvers."

Yes... as a LTS, I've felt like a fifth wheel around here for quite some time now.
    edited May 2012
    V-Mink wrote:

Yes, "anymore". If we didn't matter at all, they wouldn't make good on any rewards after F2P. I guess it technically remains to be seen if we get any more of them, but we have gotten one Vet reward since F2P already, so it logically follows we'll get the rest that were promised, all the way through 1000. Again, if Vets no longer mattered at all, we wouldn't get 800 through 1000 at all.

Edit: Sorry, missed that you were commenting on lifers, not Vets. But the answer is the same, if for slightly different reasons.

Yes, "anymore". Lifers mattered in the beginning, or else we wouldn't have gotten anything more than not having a monthly fee for becoming lifers.
    edited May 2012
    Yes, "anymore". If we didn't matter at all, they wouldn't make good on any rewards after F2P. I guess it technically remains to be seen if we get any more of them, but we have gotten one Vet reward since F2P already, so it logically follows we'll get the rest that were promised, all the way through 1000. Again, if Vets no longer mattered at all, we wouldn't get 800 through 1000 at all.

Throwing us an occasional 'bone' doesn't (to me anyway) indicate that They really give a darn about the Vet's.

Especially since most of the 'bones' don't amount to much in the scheme of STO things.

That and given the fact that They keep changing what They say we will get and/or not giving the things said, leaves me to feel devalued as a long term supporter.