700 Day Android

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Subscribed for 833 days.

Unfortunate.
    edited May 2012
    772, its over 4 months late, I"m going back to Vapor ware.
    they may be designed, but untill I can go claim it, to us the players, who want what we were told we would be able to get, they don't exist until we can use them, Hence...

vapor ware.

Gonna chalk this one up to another intent.....
    edited May 2012
    There's no technical reason they can't make it so we can choose. The vendor for Aenar and Caitians allows you to do so, and even lets you pick gender.

No sensible reason I can think of for not letting us choose.

Time constraints and development cost, but even that shouldn't be too taxing. So its not like it will involve some form of major programing to make it happen.
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

I'm at 835 days and I'm still waiting for my 700 day vet reward. There is absolutely NO valid reason why we can't at least get an eta on their release when they're over 135 days past due.

Will someone with the authority to cooridinate with the appropriate departments PLEASE look into this and give us an estimate for completion???

P L E A S E

Technical problems is whats delaying the Veteran reward.
    edited May 2012
    BlackV7 wrote:
    Time constraints and development cost, but even that shouldn't be too taxing. So its not like it will involved some form of major programing to make it happen.

all we are waiting for, according to the person who made them, is costumes. the models are made, ready and waiting.

All I know is this, the EP said that the costume folks HAD been working on some lockbox stuff. Once again they prioritize their work load. Money over customer service. Four months late and counting, just another Cryptic Intent it seems.
    edited May 2012
    Kyuui wrote: »
    all we are waiting for, according to the person who made them, is costumes. the models are made, ready and waiting.

All I know is this, the EP said that the costume folks HAD been working on some lockbox stuff. Once again they prioritize their work load. Money over customer service. Four months late and counting, just another Cryptic Intent it seems.

I see, so it is manpower and resource allocation. Hmm? I hope they can resolve this issue.
    edited May 2012
    jheinig wrote: »
    They're already done. I know that a personal attack on the order of flatly calling me a liar would probably be a forum no-no, but really, there's not much more that I can do 'til I get the costumes.

any news as to the status of all this?
    edited May 2012
    BlackV7 wrote:
    any news as to the status of all this?

Read the previous posts, notice how long this has been going on, notice how long responses have been absent. It's pretty obvious what the status is. :(
    edited May 2012
    I wish we could cue up music here, I'd cue up either the original mission impossible theme, or "same old situation' by Crue,

its the same, as it ever was......

I'm seriously beginning to think they will not come, ever.
    edited May 2012
    I wish we could cue up music here, I'd cue up either the original mission impossible theme, or "same old situation' by Crue,

its the same, as it ever was......

I'm seriously beginning to think they will not come, ever.

They only exist in the Land of Make-Believe like Unicorns, and Virgins, and Dragons. *nod-nod*
    edited May 2012
    STO: "To show our appreciation, we've put together these great Veteran Rewards for anyone who's been a Star Trek Online subscriber for 100 to 1,000 days with new reward sets every one hundred days."

Champs: "To show our appreciation, we've put together these great Veteran Rewards for anyone who's been a Champions Online subscriber. Rewards are issued every 100 days of active subscription on your account."

So why does ours end at 1000 days? Will We run out of Cryptic's appreciation before we get our promised android variants?149 days later, and only 151 days to find out. How times flies.
    edited May 2012
    So I haven't missed anything, the Android isn't out yet, right?

I just got the 800 Day reward notification ,and that made me look back to see what the 700 day reward was. Apparently for now only vaperdroid. :p
    edited May 2012
    So I haven't missed anything, the Android isn't out yet, right?

I just got the 800 Day reward notification ,and that made me look back to see what the 700 day reward was. Apparently for now only vaperdroid. :p

The Android is out (and has been out all year), if you happen to want a Male Engineering Android BOff. You can pick it up at the personnel NPC at ESD.

What is missing is the female versions of the Engineering and the male and female Tactical and Science versions of the Android. These versions are supposedly missing "costumes" that we've been waiting on forever and a day in order to get the versions of the Android we actually want.
    edited May 2012
    The Android is out (and has been out all year), if you happen to want a Male Engineering Android BOff. You can pick it up at the personnel NPC at ESD.

What is missing is the female versions of the Engineering and the male and female Tactical and Science versions of the Android. These versions are supposedly missing "costumes" that we've been waiting on forever and a day in order to get the versions of the Android we actually want.

It's not so much the lack of the androids that bothers me, it's the lack of even the most general estimate of completion. Someone there should be able to find out in month - or at worst - season terms, when we can expect the variants.

When something is promised, it should be delivered. If something causes delivery to be impossible, a reason should be given. I'm not yet ready to completely give up on seeing these variants, but i'm most definitely losing hope.

Again, could someone P L E A S E look in to this and give us some sort of timeline?
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

It's not so much the lack of the androids that bothers me, it's the lack of even the most general estimate of completion. Someone there should be able to find out in month - or at worst - season terms, when we can expect the variants.

When something is promised, it should be delivered. If something causes delivery to be impossible, a reason should be given. I'm not yet ready to completely give up on seeing these variants, but i'm most definitely losing hope.

Again, could someone P L E A S E look in to this and give us some sort of timeline?
    /QFT.

:(
    edited May 2012
    Brigadoom wrote:
    STO: "To show our appreciation, we've put together these great Veteran Rewards for anyone who's been a Star Trek Online subscriber for 100 to 1,000 days with new reward sets every one hundred days."

Champs: "To show our appreciation, we've put together these great Veteran Rewards for anyone who's been a Champions Online subscriber. Rewards are issued every 100 days of active subscription on your account."

So why does ours end at 1000 days? Will We run out of Cryptic's appreciation before we get our promised android variants?149 days later, and only 151 days to find out. How times flies.

Unknown. Cryptic could stop with the vet rewards, change to a different schedule like 200 or 250 day rewards, or keep on the current track. Probably means that Cryptic doesn't know at the moment what they plan to do after 1000 days.
    edited May 2012
    Still waiting...
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

Well, to be honest, I don't think we will get one, I can bet, they're "concentrating on Season Six" right now. After that, who knows what will be up, I'm sure they need another lock box.

Asking them to communicate anymore is pointless, they clearly no longer want to. They've done more and more to stop communication and openness and replaced it with hunt and search for anything of reliability.

I'm sure they wonder why so many of the player base have started to go sour on them. They just can't seem to get it, if you will.
    edited May 2012
    I rather like my male android Engineering BOff...it's what I would have chosen anyways...
    edited May 2012
    Well this has seriously and honestly been going on for an absurd amount of time. It is obvious someone making the costumes or supervising the costume makers has dropped the ball or has been told to focus on something else. Either way, it is a very bad situation and I don't envy JHeinig's position right now as the middleman. However, if you note, he has kept us informed on where things stand. Realize he is in a worse boat than we are because the Androids are waiting for something out of his control. In the end we are still waiting on costume art assets.

Unfortunately since then we have had a myriad of Costume Art hit the game related to the Jem'hadar BOFF, the Ferasan BOFFs, the Ferasan Playable Species, various Lobi Costumes, and Caitian hair styles. Given that there are a few things that should be done on Cryptic's part.
    1. First off, I think the veteran players need an apology, and not from JHeinig who has done everything in his power, but from the costume artist that dropped the ball or the supervisor that has made this vet reward a low priority.
    2. Second, if veteran players are as valued as some say, the costumes for the Android BOFF variants need to be made as soon as possible (we are approaching the 900-day vet reward).
    3. Third, players will need some assurances that such issues with veteran subscribers will not crop up again, i.e. take the back seat all the time, even it is just face talk. To the subscribing player base the Veteran Rewards are a show of appreciation from Cryptic, when these are not followed through on it translates to a lack of appreciation which leads to animosity.

700-Day Android BOFF Veteran Reward Chronology (meant as a consolidated post for the ease of following the issue):
    • Several posts are made in the 500-day veteran reward thread.
      • 10-3-2011 - JHeinig alludes to a unique BOFF with a special trait when this discussion was about a BOFF replacing the 250 emblem reward. Whether this later became the 700-day Android is probably up for debate.
      • 10-3-2011 - JHeinig sets a personal goal to have it in during the F2P beta. I believe the Android Engineer BOFF did hit then.
      • 10-3-2011 - JHeinig answers a question that he would not do the Android BOFF any other way than customizable; male and female; engineering, tactical, and science. Our first inclination of how he envisions the vet reward.
    • Now we get into the old 700-day Android Thread.
      • 12-15-2011 - Certain tech hurdles are announced with reclaimable BOFFs
      • 12-15-2011 - Because it works as an unlock, unlike C-Store BOFFS, you can reclaim it if discarded.
      • 12-15-2011 - Alert to players to get the Male Engineer now, that if the tech hurdle is achieved we can discard and reclaim one of the six.
      • 12-15-2011 - Illustrates the exact technical problem that needs to be overcome and presents a solution to avoid it by putting the Androids in a "unique group".
      • 12-15-2011 - Provides detail of what is meant by needing new tech to overcome the issue.
      • 12-22-2011 - The necessary tech update is received, JHenig hopes to have the Android BOFF variants up after the holidays. There was much rejoicing!
    • And so we move to a New 700-day Android Vet-Reward thread
      • 1-9-2012 - JHeinig had to focus on features for the 2800 FE but has not forgotten about us. The Android BOFF variants are a priority
      • 1-9-2012 - The BOFFs are all made, ready to go, the new tech is recognized properly. Needs to find time to hook up the BOFF assignments so we can choose them.
      • 1-10-2012 - JHeinig takes some player grief in stride :).
    • Now back to the old 700-day Android thread.
      • 1-29-2012 - While in the office on a Sunday, and probably setting up the hookups and doing his own Q&A, JHeinig quickly alerts us that there is a tech bug and a costume issue that needs sorting. The tech will require programming and the costume will require art.
      • 1-29-2012 - Informs players that bugs do happen and it is better to fix them before things are pushed live.
      • 1-30-2012 - JHeinig gives players more details about the tech bug, that it makes the Android BOFFs uncomissionable.
    • Now we move to another thread on News on Android Boffs.
      • 2-13-2012 - JHeinig is still waiting on the costume variants.
      • 2-13-2012 - The tech issue is sorted out but it does require internal testing.
    • Now we move back again to ye old 700-day Android thread.
      • 3-19-2012 - Jheinig has the necessary tech and will hook up the Android BOFFs when he has the costumes.
      • 3-19-2012 - Unfortunately JHeinig informs us that production still has not begun on the costumes at this point. Don't shoot the messenger he has kept us well informed.
      • 3-19-2012 - He tells us the plan if we have already selected the Male Engineering Android to get one of the forthcoming others.
      • 3-20-2012 - JHeinig tells us there is a big difference between having the data made (pun intended?) and the costumes made.
      • 3-23-2012 - He also informs us it will need to go to QA for testing when the costumes are made.
      • 3-23-2012 - He also informs us he has no control over the schedule and takes more criticism in stride.
      • 4-19-2012 - Again the messenger takes some heat but still informs us there is nothing he can do to move the Android BOFF variants forward until he has the costumes.
    • June Ask Cryptic
      • 6-12-2012 - Q: (GT01) What happened to the extra Android BOFF options? We were informed that we’d not only get male and female Androids to choose from, but that we’d also have Tactical and Science branch officers to choose from too.
        Dstahl: This question required some investigation to determine what happened. Turns out that at the time there was an issue that prevented those additions from happening. That issue appears to be resolved in Season 6 and so now it boils down to having one of the developers revisit this and put in the options.
    edited May 2012
    • Several posts are made in the 500-day veteran reward thread.
      • 10-3-2011 - JHeinig alludes to a unique BOFF with a special trait when this discussion was about a BOFF replacing the 250 emblem reward. Whether this later became the 700-day Android is probably up for debate.
      • 10-3-2011 - JHeinig sets a personal goal to have it in during the F2P beta. I believe the Android Engineer BOFF did hit then.
      • 10-3-2011 - JHeinig answers a question that he would not do the Android BOFF any other way than customizable; male and female; engineering, tactical, and science. Our first inclination of how he envisions the vet reward.
    • Now we get into the old 700-day Android Thread.
      • 12-15-2011 - Certain tech hurdles are announced with reclaimable BOFFs
      • 12-15-2011 - Because it works as an unlock, unlike C-Store BOFFS, you can reclaim it if discarded.
      • 12-15-2011 - Alert to players to get the Male Engineer now, that if the tech hurdle is achieved we can discard and reclaim one of the six.
      • 12-15-2011 - Illustrates the exact technical problem that needs to be overcome and presents a solution to avoid it by putting the Androids in a "unique group".
      • 12-15-2011 - Provides detail of what is meant by needing new tech to overcome the issue.
      • 12-22-2011 - The necessary tech update is received, JHenig hopes to have the Android BOFF variants up after the holidays. There was much rejoicing!
    • And so we move to a New 700-day Android Vet-Reward thread
      • 1-9-2012 - JHeinig had to focus on features for the 2800 FE but has not forgotten about us. The Android BOFF variants are a priority
      • 1-9-2012 - The BOFFs are all made, ready to go, the new tech is recognized properly. Needs to find time to hook up the BOFF assignments so we can choose them.
      • 1-10-2012 - JHeinig takes some player grief in stride :).
    • Now back to the old 700-day Android thread.
      • 1-29-2012 - While in the office on a Sunday, and probably setting up the hookups and doing his own Q&A, JHeinig quickly alerts us that there is a tech bug and a costume issue that needs sorting. The tech will require programming and the costume will require art.
      • 1-29-2012 - Informs players that bugs do happen and it is better to fix them before things are pushed live.
      • 1-30-2012 - JHeinig gives players more details about the tech bug, that it makes the Android BOFFs uncomissionable.
    • Now we move to another thread on News on Android Boffs.
      • 2-13-2012 - JHeinig is still waiting on the costume variants.
      • 2-13-2012 - The tech issue is sorted out but it does require internal testing.
    • Now we move back again to ye old 700-day Android thread.
      • 3-19-2012 - Jheinig has the necessary tech and will hook up the Android BOFFs when he has the costumes.
      • 3-19-2012 - Unfortunately JHeinig informs us that production still has not begun on the costumes at this point. Don't shoot the messenger he has kept us well informed.
      • 3-19-2012 - He tells us the plan if we have already selected the Male Engineering Android to get one of the forthcoming others.
      • 3-20-2012 - JHeinig tells us there is a big difference between having the data made (pun intended?) and the costumes made.
      • 3-23-2012 - He also informs us it will need to go to QA for testing when the costumes are made.
      • 3-23-2012 - He also informs us he has no control over the schedule and takes more criticism in stride.
      • 4-19-2012 - Again the messenger takes some heat but still informs us there is nothing he can do to move the Android BOFF variants forward until he has the costumes.

This is starting to feel a lot like the history with the KDF. heh, maybe we need to put this list on the wiki.
    I'm not going to give him any greif anymore about it, I'm certain he's done, the costume team however, can do anything BUT do this, and that, just plain sucks.

PWE and Cryptic claim to value their customers, yet, this, goes unresolved for this long. I don't believe that claim anymore.
    edited May 2012
    This is starting to feel a lot like the history with the KDF. heh, maybe we need to put this list on the wiki.
    I hope Commodore Shrvk suffers a better fate than the writer of the KDF history... :p
    edited May 2012
    I hope Commodore Shrvk suffers a better fate than the writer of the KDF history... :p

heh, I wish them no ill will indeed. Only, time will tell though....
    edited May 2012

I just wanted everything in one place so I and others could see what has and has not been done. Why? Well honestly it is the frustration over this one issue that lead me to dropping my sub. Yes, it seems silly but it was the principle of the matter and it signals a lot of additional and compounding issues.

I was told an awesome vet reward would be coming soon, there were issues, they got resolved, there were some additional issues and now it has stalled. During that time many were approaching their 700-day marker as was I, and we were thrilled that this would be possible. The closer we got to the 700-day mark, the farther away the actual implementation felt. We passed the 700-day mark and I honestly felt devalued as a Gold subscriber, a feeling that is only reinforced continually on us. That caused me to take, and still sometimes do, a tone and tenor on the forums I do not like. So I decided to go silver (at ~740 days) and have felt different about the game now. We are swiftly closing in on the 900-day mark. Now, unsure if vet rewards will continue beyond the 1000-day mark, I am sure we would like to see this chapter closed.

One thing to point out and make abundantly clear is that JHeinig has done ALL HE CAN. For that, I thank him.

Unfortunately, the fate of the 700-day Android BOFF variants lies somewhere else. Do not be surprised if you see a response of, "we are focused on Season 6, it will come after that." I just think it should really be resolved before the 900-day mark for the sake of the subscribing members and the Devs.

Will it bring me or others back as subscribers? Honestly, probably not me or many others, but it would be a step in the right direction that would eventually lead to "winning people back".
    edited May 2012
    I just wanted everything in one place so I and others could see what has and has not been done. Why? Well honestly it is the frustration over this one issue that lead me to dropping my sub. Yes, it seems silly but it was the principle of the matter and it signals a lot of additional and compounding issues.

I was told an awesome vet reward would be coming soon, there were issues, they got resolved, there were some additional issues and now it has stalled. During that time many were approaching their 700-day marker as was I, and we were thrilled that this would be possible. The closer we got to the 700-day mark, the farther away the actual implementation felt. We passed the 700-day mark and I honestly felt devalued as a Gold subscriber, a feeling that is only reinforced continually on us. That caused me to take, and still sometimes do, a tone and tenor on the forums I do not like. So I decided to go silver (at ~740 days) and have felt different about the game now. We are swiftly closing in on the 900-day mark. Now, unsure if vet rewards will continue beyond the 1000-day mark, I am sure we would like to see this chapter closed.

One thing to point out and make abundantly clear is that JHeinig has done ALL HE CAN. For that, I thank him.

Unfortunately, the fate of the 700-day Android BOFF variants lies somewhere else. Do not be surprised if you see a response of, "we are focused on Season 6, it will come after that." I just think it should really be resolved before the 900-day mark for the sake of the subscribing members and the Devs.

Will it bring me or others back as subscribers? Honestly, probably not me or many others, but it would be a step in the right direction that would eventually lead to "winning people back".

Yeah, I think because it was JHeining's "baby" he felt like a lot of comments were directed at him specifically. I've always felt like the people who work at Cryptic care about the game and where it is/isn't going. I think there's horrible management and supervision with Cryptic/PW. I think it's obvious in every single business decision they've made with STO, and the workers are stuck doing what management wants, or they don't get paid.

I know there won't be any vet rewards beyond 1000. I'm fearful about what changes/substitutions may take place at 900 and 1000 if anything conflicts with their next cstore push. And I know Cryptic/PW management doesn't give a hoot about subscribers at all.

When your boy/girlfriend tells you daily that they love you, but constantly cheat on you, it means they don't love you. I know how I'm valued, because I know how I've been treated.

If they want to prove me wrong, all they have to do is stop saying how important we are, how important a FULL second faction is, how important a consistent flow of content is, and just start DOING IT!
    edited May 2012
    Let me see if I understand this. The Engineer Android BOFF was released, but the variants never were. Correct?
    edited May 2012
    Let me see if I understand this. The Engineer Android BOFF was released, but the variants never were. Correct?

Correct...
    edited May 2012

The Male Engineer Android BOff was released.

The Female Engineer Android BOff was not released.

The Male Tactical Android BOff was not released.

The Female Tactical Android BOff was not released.

The Male Science Android BOff was not released.

The Female Science Android BOff was not released.
    edited May 2012
    The Male Engineer Android BOff was released.

The Female Engineer Android BOff was not released.

The Male Tactical Android BOff was not released.

The Female Tactical Android BOff was not released.

The Male Science Android BOff was not released.

The Female Science Android BOff was not released.

They can't release them yet cause they are all Naked... :rolleyes:
    edited May 2012
    This is standard operating procedure for Cryptic it seems. Probably only 1-2 people on the Character Art Team. Newer stuff takes priority and stuff that is already released gets put on the back burner or shelved because they won't make additional money from it.