What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    They can't release them yet cause they are all Naked... :rolleyes:

No, they can't release them yet because apparently it takes the art department months to change the shoulder pad colors from yellow to red to blue.
    edited May 2012
    Since there is an Android boff, will we soon see an Android officer in the near future? Perhaps either a Soong-type or a Mudd-type variants.
    edited May 2012
    Since there is an Android boff, will we soon see an Android officer in the near future? Perhaps either a Soong-type or a Mudd-type variants.

I doubt we'll ever see a Soong Type...that would be too close to Data and something CBS has apparently said No to..

But a Ruk or Andrea type or any of the Mr. Norman Family types, would be cool.

I'd really love to have a STELLA type. <chuckle>
    edited May 2012
    They can't release them yet cause they are all Naked... :rolleyes:

Why is that a problem?
    edited May 2012

Did you mean an android captain? The answer to that is no.

We already have android Bridge OFFicers.
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

Did you mean an android captain? The answer to that is no.

We already have android Bridge OFFicers.

Officer, singular.
    edited May 2012
    Officer, singular.

As in npc officer, part of a storyline to interact with?
    edited May 2012
    K-Tar wrote:

I wouldn't want to see that android naked. :eek:
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

I wouldn't want to see that android naked. :eek:

Anyone who has seen TNG.S3.E16 already has.
    edited May 2012
    Anyone who has seen TNG.S3.E16 already has.

I hope it's understood that I was being oh-so-very-facetious with my Naked comment...

Personally, I think having a few Naked BOffs running around, might liven the game up at this point. ;)
    edited May 2012
    Personally, I think having a few Naked BOffs running around, might liven the game up at this point. ;)

It might just. Oregon, for example, is one of the few states where it's "OK" to be nude in public provided you're not doing anything inappropriate at the time. :) That said, other countries and states have differing laws on the subject - virtual or otherwise. It is probably just safer to keep them clothed to avoid legal headache.
    edited May 2012
    AuntKathy wrote:
    It might just. Oregon, for example, is one of the few states where it's "OK" to be nude in public provided you're not doing anything inappropriate at the time. :) That said, other countries and states have differing laws on the subject - virtual or otherwise. It is probably just safer to keep them clothed to avoid legal headache.

Yeah... it's a darn shame it was the Puritans that founded this country... they were real prudes. ;)

Some day... Somebody is probably gonna mod the hell outta this game... (for personal use, of course)

I just hope I'm still around when they do. :D
    edited May 2012
    AuntKathy wrote:
    It might just. Oregon, for example, is one of the few states where it's "OK" to be nude in public provided you're not doing anything inappropriate at the time. :)

LOL, not doing anything inappropriate? What happens if one gets excited after viewing the hot babes, wait I take that back, what can possibly exist in Oregon.

Somehow I am having flashback of that old PC (MECC) game called Oregon Trail.
    edited May 2012
    BlackV7 wrote:
    LOL, not doing anything inappropriate? What happens if one gets excited after viewing the hot babes, wait I take that back, what can possibly exist in Oregon.

Somehow I am having flashback of that old PC (MECC) game called Oregon Trail.

Is it not appropriate to get excited after viewing hot babes?
    edited May 2012

Any news yet on the android boff variants? It's been 5 months since 700 for me. Is it right, fair, allowed to be concerned and to voice that concern when nearly a half a year has gone by with nothing to show for it?

Can someone PLEASE tell us what's going on?!?! :mad:
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

Any news yet on the android boff variants? It's been 5 months since 700 for me. Is it right, fair, allowed to be concerned and to voice that concern when nearly a half a year has gone by with nothing to show for it?

Can someone PLEASE tell us what's going on?!?! :mad:

I've already given up on this one.
    edited May 2012
    I've given up on most things in STO... I barely play anymore :( PWE killed it.
    edited May 2012
    John_Hardy wrote: »

I'm sure if you guys had actually given up, you wouldn't have bothered to tell us so. But thanks for keeping this thread updated anyway ;)
    edited May 2012

But Cryptic promised!?!?! :rolleyes:
    edited May 2012
    I don't mind that it's an engineer, but I wish we could choose between a masculine build and a feminine build.
    edited May 2012
    I did say most... most.
    edited May 2012
    I'm sure if you guys had actually given up, you wouldn't have bothered to tell us so. But thanks for keeping this thread updated anyway ;)

I read the forums while at work, I promise you I have no hope that Cryptic will ever go back to fix this, they have done nothing in the past to make me feel that they have any inclination to do so.
    edited May 2012
    Cryptic appreciates their "veterans" so much with these rewards :rolleyes:
    edited May 2012
    Angarus wrote:
    I don't mind that it's an engineer, but I wish we could choose between a masculine build and a feminine build.

That's one of the things we're still waiting on being added. Supposedly, they're still working on female options as well as options for all of the professions. Also, according to old posts, all of those options are completed, the ONLY thing we're supposedly waiting on is the art department to make uniforms for sci and tac for fed and kdf. Since the fed uniforma are only changing a color option from yellow to red to blue, I can only assume the kdf uniforms are taking forever.
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

That's one of the things we're still waiting on being added. Supposedly, they're still working on female options as well as options for all of the professions. Also, according to old posts, all of those options are completed, the ONLY thing we're supposedly waiting on is the art department to make uniforms for sci and tac for fed and kdf. Since the fed uniforma are only changing a color option from yellow to red to blue, I can only assume the kdf uniforms are taking forever.

Does not compute. The current KDF android BO simply utilises the alien creation options with a single difference: Missing skin sections showing positronic relays beneath.

Unless they are going to remove our ability to customise their uniforms and force us to have an officer with a static uniform we cannot change and clashes with the whole of our crew, this whole costuming nonsense is a ridiculous excuse.
    edited May 2012
    Does not compute. The current KDF android BO simply utilises the alien creation options with a single difference: Missing skin sections showing positronic relays beneath.

Unless they are going to remove our ability to customise their uniforms and force us to have an officer with a static uniform we cannot change and clashes with the whole of our crew, this whole costuming nonsense is a ridiculous excuse.

From what I understand we will be able to fully customize their uniforms, so yeah I too think it's stupid to make us wait 5 months for the art department to make a few "uniform variations" when most people will customize them anyway.

There are some people who just take the default costume and default name, so there is a valid reason for having those "default" costumes. The problem is, at least on the fed side, the ONLY difference in a sci/eng/tac uniform is the shoulder pads, and a small section on the pants changes from blue to yellow to red. I can't believe the kdf side is much different.

The engineering uniform is done, so it's coloring a couple sections blue and red on the fed and kdf side. This is a minor change on two basic uniforms. I could change yellow to blue in paint with the fill bucket, save it, then "fill" it to red and save it again. Then you do the other uniform. If all that's left is uniform art, and the uniform for engineer is complete (which it is), these changes would literally take one person a matter of minutes to complete.

But, we're still waiting, still posting, still begging for this to be completed.
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

But, we're still waiting, still posting, still begging for this to be completed.

I have a feeling that this will continue to be the case for the foreseeable future, which is a shame, doubly so since they had the time to work on the lobi outfits. Folks said that PWE didn't want subs, this is starting to make me feel like it is the case. Five months, 150 days, and now a full game season, and we wait.
    edited May 2012
    Kyuui wrote: »
    I have a feeling that this will continue to be the case for the foreseeable future, which is a shame, doubly so since they had the time to work on the lobi outfits. Folks said that PWE didn't want subs, this is starting to make me feel like it is the case. Five months, 150 days, and now a full game season, and we wait.

I still hold out a little hope, but more and more I'm feeling like vet rewards mean nothing to Cryptic. Slap em in, if they work great, if they fail take them out and never worry about fixing them. I don't think they realize gold members can be big cstore spenders too, AND they get $15 a month to boot.
    edited May 2012
    John_Hardy wrote: »

You know, this long wait and the lack of any communication has me worried about our last two vet reward days. I can easily imagine our vet ship being scrapped because PW wants everyone working on the new lockbox for that month.
    edited May 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray