test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Throwing us an occasional 'bone' doesn't (to me anyway) indicate that They really give a darn about the Vet's.

Especially since most of the 'bones' don't amount to much in the scheme of STO things.

That and given the fact that They keep changing what They say we will get and/or not giving the things said, leaves me to feel devalued as a long term supporter.

"Occasional bone", huh? For each reward, I know someone who likes it, even if I don't. That is a sign of a good reward program. I couldn't care less about an extra costume slot or even a costume piece, but I know people whose characters are clothes horses. Extra character slots I can do without, but some people like having a separate character per build, or never delete a character, ever. I like my non-combat pets. I have all of the ones that can be had account-wide. I know people who hate them.

The occasional bone? Just because it doesn't give you an advantage doesn't make it worthless. A Vet reward program is about prestige, not advantage. But, some of the rewards we get, and will get, grant some small advantage. Some of us will like it, some of us won't, just like all the others. Not everyone will like every reward, but every reward will be liked by someone.

I just wish it would go past 1000 days, maybe at a longer rate so they are rarer (say, every 250 - 500 days?).
    edited May 2012

That and given the fact that They keep changing what They say we will get and/or not giving the things said, leaves me to feel devalued as a long term supporter.

you sir are not alone, I felt that way when I first saw the matrix, they don't want us here, they don't want subs, they want money, nothing more, If they increased the matrix to show the golds more incentive to sub, I'd think it wasn't this way, but everything I see, indicates we're not wanted. Add in things like this topic we're in, and it just reinforces that feeling. but hey, its just me feeling that way, right?
    edited May 2012
    "Occasional bone", huh? For each reward, I know someone who likes it, even if I don't. That is a sign of a good reward program. I couldn't care less about an extra costume slot or even a costume piece, but I know people whose characters are clothes horses. Extra character slots I can do without, but some people like having a separate character per build, or never delete a character, ever. I like my non-combat pets. I have all of the ones that can be had account-wide. I know people who hate them.

The occasional bone? Just because it doesn't give you an advantage doesn't make it worthless. A Vet reward program is about prestige, not advantage. But, some of the rewards we get, and will get, grant some small advantage. Some of us will like it, some of us won't, just like all the others. Not everyone will like every reward, but every reward will be liked by someone.

I just wish it would go past 1000 days, maybe at a longer rate so they are rarer (say, every 250 - 500 days?).

I'll admit that my expectations were probably a bit too high and I guess I am partially disillusioned because of the after-thought changes and fact that the 700 Day reward is still incomplete...

Only time will tell if my disillusionment continues.
    edited May 2012
    V-Mink wrote:
    "Anymore?" You say that like in the transition to F2P, lifers mattered at all. The game is passively hostile to subscribers as it is., and there has been no indication that The Powers That Be wants subscribers over "silvers."
    Actually, there is. The recent post by the German community guy remarked that the Cryptic/PWE guys talked with him about improving things for Gold subscribers. That's not hard evidence i nthe form of actual changes, but it is an indication that the Powers That Be think about it.
    edited May 2012
    I don't understand where people are getting this idea that the vet rewards are going to end at 1000 days. The vet rewards might end at 1000 days. The only reference I know of is in an Ask Cryptic last year and the devs were planning for vet rewards every 100 days till 1000 days. There is nothing about them ending the vet rewards, changing the time between each vet reward, or keeping them at the current 100 day time period between each vet reward. My impression at the time of that Ask Cryptic is that the devs had a year to figure out what to do with vet rewards and they had nothing concrete to provide. Until the devs say there is no more vet rewards, then anything said is pure speculation.
    edited May 2012
    Actually, there is. The recent post by the German community guy remarked that the Cryptic/PWE guys talked with him about improving things for Gold subscribers. That's not hard evidence i nthe form of actual changes, but it is an indication that the Powers That Be think about it.

Only thing I would say is couch this with the history of them saying they want to do things, and their actions when it comes to doing them. They tend to say alot. However history seems to indicate, they don't always, follow through with that intention, and that, is where the rub is for some. Lotta talk, little actions.
    edited May 2012
    We already know there won't be a 1100 Veteran reward, the Dev have posted about it.
    the question is: Will there be any 1100 day Veterans...?

As a lifer, I'll keep checking back in as long as the servers are on. I already know they're ending the vet rewards at 1000 (they would've ended them sooner but we noticed and complained during the F2P transition right around 600). I just want the ones that were promised to us, I mean we already had currency taken from us during the F2P transition (emblems). They finally relpaced them with something we were already getting (t5 ship). We've had changes and substitutions aplenty and we're still waiting for the full 700 day reward only 40 days outside of our 900 day reward.

If my wife had broken as many promises to me as Cryptic already has I wouldn't be married, and that's over the course of 22 years not the 2 1/2 that Cryptic wedged them all into. Wow, I just realized, I'm in an abusive relationship. Cryptic keeps hurting me, and I keep coming back. :(

Disclaimer: I am NOT trying to make light of domestic violence, I have several friends I've helped escape from abusive relationships.
    edited May 2012
    From the August 2011 Ask Cryptic
    Q: Throcky Any details on the 600 Day vet rewards yet?

A: There will be 600 Day veteran rewards available starting September 8th. We have not announced what they will be yet as we are still working out details. We are planning to having veteran rewards every 100 days up through 1000 days.

We know their current plan for veteran rewards until 1000 days, but we have absolutely no idea what will happen after 1000 days. As I have said before, until the devs say that there will be no more veteran rewards, then assume there are going to be some available. The devs can always add more veteran rewards and change the time between each to 200 days or 250 days.

There is also the possibility that they will use a market system or tier system after 1000 days. A market system is where you earn veteran tokens and can purchase certain veteran rewards with them. Cheap ones like a new uniform might cost 1 token while others might cost 5 tokens like a starship. Anarchy Online uses this system. The tier system is where you have the choice of which vet rewards you get first until you unlock the next tier. City of Heroes uses this system.
    edited May 2012
    Kyuui wrote: »
    Only thing I would say is couch this with the history of them saying they want to do things, and their actions when it comes to doing them. They tend to say alot. However history seems to indicate, they don't always, follow through with that intention, and that, is where the rub is for some. Lotta talk, little actions.
    With all due respect to you Archancellor, I have to side with Kyuui on this one. Hearing that Cryptic/PW Powers That Be have "indications" about something means nothing to me anymore. I remember a day when it was announced that the (at the time) new PW Overlords really wanted a strong KDF faction. Then we got S5, a KDF faction neutering, and continued KDF negligence.

Heck, the very topic of the 700 Day Vet Android Reward is a perfect example of unfulfilled Cryptic "Intentions".

:(
    edited May 2012
    With all due respect to you Archancellor, I have to side with Kyuui on this one. Hearing that Cryptic/PW Powers That Be have "indications" about something means nothing to me anymore. I remember a day when it was announced that the (at the time) new PW Overlords really wanted a strong KDF faction. Then we got S5, a KDF faction neutering, and continued KDF negligence.

Heck, the very topic of the 700 Day Vet Android Reward is a perfect example of unfulfilled Cryptic "Intentions".

All Cryptic really has to do to buy bygons from the community is actually fulfill their promises. To hear that somebody is considreing something for gold subscribers means nothing to me anymore, do it or don't do it, talk means nothing.
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

All Cryptic really has to do to buy bygons from the community is actually fulfill their promises. To hear that somebody is considreing something for gold subscribers means nothing to me anymore, do it or don't do it, talk means nothing.

I've said it several times,
    Actions speak louder than words, Inaction does as well, even louder. Given the actions we speak, they wonder why we're not happy, and why we're not spending? we, are reacting, to their, actions, or as the case may be, inaction.
    edited May 2012
    My ship still wants its female tactical android that it was promised, Cryptic.
    edited May 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

Ditto.
    Kyuui wrote: »
    I've said it several times,
    Actions speak louder than words, Inaction does as well, even louder. Given the actions we speak, they wonder why we're not happy, and why we're not spending? we, are reacting, to their, actions, or as the case may be, inaction.
    Ditto.
    Brigadoom wrote:
    Ditto.

:D
    :o
    edited June 2012
    Brigadoom wrote:

Unfortunately all we can do is wait, hope, and keep this thread alive.
    edited June 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

Unfortunately all we can do is wait, hope, and keep this thread alive.
    Indeed. I've seen the question of the 700 day android variants asked a few times in June's Ask Cryptic thread, and have asked myself about their status; it will be interesting to see if Cryptic decide to answer/act upon it.
    edited June 2012
    Brigadoom wrote:
    Indeed. I've seen the question of the 700 day android variants asked a few times in June's Ask Cryptic thread, and have asked myself about their status; it will be interesting to see if Cryptic decide to answer/act upon it.
    I betcha a shiney copper penny, that they won't...

:p
    edited June 2012
    I betcha a shiney copper penny, that they won't...

:p

I would take you up on that bet, but there's already enough gambling going on with STO :p
    edited June 2012
    We should try to get eveyone we can to ask the same question in that thread.
    edited June 2012

You mean something like:

WHERE ARE MY 700-DAY VETERAN REWARD ANDROID CHOICES ?! :D
    edited June 2012
    Indeed, I saw the thread, didn't even bother to look hit reply and asked, the more we have on their the better. IF we have numerous folks asking and none of them get an answer, we will know where we sit. Well we already know that, but it will be just more of a confirmation.
    edited June 2012

I've already asked it there.
    edited June 2012
    The thread is closed now. Hopefully your collective question will be addressed next week.
    edited June 2012
    The thread is closed now. Hopefully your collective question will be addressed next week.

It would be amazing if we got a real response for this. Honestly though, I'm expecting either silence, or "soon"™.
    edited June 2012
    My constant response for Ask Cryptic is for Borg Interiors and ground sets for current space sets (Borg, Breen, Aegis, etc.)
    edited June 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    My constant response for Ask Cryptic is for Borg Interiors and ground sets for current space sets (Borg, Breen, Aegis, etc.)

Good for you.

However this thread is solely about the 700-day android variant Vet rewards we were promised, that have yet to be delivered after a few valid reasons, followed by contradictory excuses followed by flat-out silence ~169 days later.
    edited June 2012
    Coming up to my 700 days would like to know were we stand on this
    edited June 2012
    Brigadoom wrote:
    Good for you.

However this thread is solely about the 700-day android variant Vet rewards we were promised, that have yet to be delivered after a few valid reasons, followed by contradictory excuses followed by flat-out silence ~169 days later.

True, but it shows that if something simple like the 700 day vet reward can't be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, then what does it say about other simple things.
    edited June 2012
    Anyone want to take bets on which vet reward will see the fix to this. I am betting on 1000 days for 50 Quatloos. So another 130 days or 4 months before it is fixed.
    edited June 2012
    Would really love a female tactical android.
    edited June 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    True, but it shows that if something simple like the 700 day vet reward can't be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, then what does it say about other simple things.

I know what it tells me, I can't speak for anyone else, but me, and it tells me exactly where I sit in Cryptic land. Which is why I don't spend here. I'm already planning on investing at least 60 into another MMO this month, money, which again, could be spent here, but won't be, because of how they treat us.