test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    chooch99 wrote: »
    They already stated that they were going to allow us to choose android gender and career soon, it was tweeted on twitter a few months ago.:cool:

They even said those of us with one can "swap" it out for a new one with a new gender/career.

How old is this thread? They stated what a few months ago?

They obviously have no interest in getting this done for those of us that have been waiting for this.

It is in the game, and now they have moved on. Case closed for them, obviously. Prove me wrong Cryptic... I dare you, PROVE ME WRONG!
    edited April 2012
    Felderburg wrote: »
    Those are Soong type androids... plenty of other androids ni the Star Trek universe. (Just don't get any near Captain Kirk)

I would hazard a guess that CBS said, no to Android captains, as a whole, not just a Type of android.
    edited April 2012
    and obviously the whole "promote to playable captian" idea has been scrubbed completly.
    edited April 2012
    Felderburg wrote: »
    Those are Soong type androids... plenty of other androids ni the Star Trek universe. (Just don't get any near Captain Kirk)

Oh wow I forgot about the TOS androids.

Lurch was awesome. :3
    edited April 2012
    Kyuui wrote: »
    I would hazard a guess that CBS said, no to Android captains, as a whole, not just a Type of android.

No, they only said no to Soong-type androids a long time ago, which was pretty much the loophole Cryptic used to make these Androids. They're not supposed to be the same type as Data/Lore/B4.
    edited April 2012

I think it's very important that we try to keep this current in Cryptic's mind. It's posible that the higher-ups think this is a low priority item or even a non-issue. It's very possible that the devs on this job are very interested in getting this done for us but this job keeps getting bumped by their bosses.

If we make sure to keep this issue current, and let Cryptic know how important it is to us, that might alleviate any possible scheduling issues the devs are running in to. We need to prove to the powers-that-be that this project is worth scheduling in, it is worth the man hours needed. Then maybe it will stop getting pushed back.
    edited April 2012
    They're not supposed to be the same type as Data/Lore/B4.

They can be what ever you want them to be. If you want a Soong type android give it a pale skin.. or just put that on the bio..
    edited April 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

I think it's very important that we try to keep this current in Cryptic's mind. It's posible that the higher-ups think this is a low priority item or even a non-issue. It's very possible that the devs on this job are very interested in getting this done for us but this job keeps getting bumped by their bosses.

If we make sure to keep this issue current, and let Cryptic know how important it is to us, that might alleviate any possible scheduling issues the devs are running in to. We need to prove to the powers-that-be that this project is worth scheduling in, it is worth the man hours needed. Then maybe it will stop getting pushed back.

Interestingly enough i got an email from a Dev recently about it but due to a slight mis understanding about what I said, they had the wrong impression. All I know is that I'd like to buy my SCI female android, but still can't for what ever the reason of the week is.

I do know this much, we've been told that costumes were what was holding it up, and it was also revealed that the costume guys had been working on lock box stuff as of late. Given the fact we know they have a very small staff and they can't do many things at once, I was highly disappointed by that revelation.
    edited April 2012
    John_Hardy wrote: »
    and obviously the whole "promote to playable captian" idea has been scrubbed completly.

It's been discussed recently.

I believe the indication is that not all BOs will be eligible (androids were mentioned as excluded) but they do want to keep it open for some novel BOs like the exchange officers/marauding BOs.
    edited April 2012

For the androids yes, if they were considered at all, maybe a yes for a few others (photonic?), but they're still talking about promoting boffs to playable captains.

Anything new on female android boffs?
    edited April 2012

I often wonder if CBS is used as a convenient scapegoat for unpopular STO decisions.
    edited April 2012
    I often wonder how long STO will be able to stay around while driving away almost all its players.
    edited April 2012
    I often wonder how long STO will be able to stay around while driving away almost all its players.

Well, I'md bet a while, but then again, who knows. Meanwhile, we wait for the rest of the androids to be ready.

still.

waiting.

On

?
    edited April 2012
    Well, I'md bet a while, but then again, who knows. Meanwhile, we wait for the rest of the androids to be ready.

still.

waiting.

On

?

Out of sight out of mind. Once they have your money/time they are no longer interested in you unless you give them more. I can count on about zero fingers the number of broken or low quality C-Store items that have received anything other than the most minor fixes.

In another thread, some one wondered about getting Cardassian interiors added to the Galor. We can't even get floating or missing BOffs fixed on the bridges we have already bought. Holes in the environment leading out to space? Unchanged.

Improving, fixing, or developing content that is already in the game appears to be the lowest priority. I could forgive this if the new content that was released did not immediately need improving, fixing or developing almost 100% of the time.
    edited April 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

I often wonder if CBS is used as a convenient scapegoat for unpopular STO decisions.

You can bet they are... it's probably a mutual beneficial agreement... CBS dosen't care, and Cryptic can dodge the fire... or so they think.
    edited April 2012

still.

waiting.

On

?

Yeah, who was it that mentioned something about vapor ware? ;)
    edited April 2012
    the only problem with that is that CBS has gotten a LOT of complaints from former STO players... at some point, they will care... just like when they uncancelled Jericho.
    edited April 2012
    Another patch, another lack of Android costume updates.
    edited April 2012
    fuzun wrote: »
    They are fully customizable for a make, Alien Engineer Bridge Officer plus some unique Android only head costume pieces. (They look like sections of Data's head opened up. And you have the full range of the Alien species customization. .

and yet Data isn't unique at all. there are 2 TOS episodes that have androids. the planet they found Corby and mudd's planet. in neither case were the android manufacturing destroyed
    edited April 2012
    and yet Data isn't unique at all. there are 2 TOS episodes that have androids. the planet they found Corby and mudd's planet. in neither case were the android manufacturing destroyed

You're talking about "I, Mudd" and "What Are Little Girls Made Of?".

There was also "Requiem for Methuselah", in which Flint built Rayna and tried to get her to fall in love with Kirk to ignite her emotions. and "Return to Tomorrow" in which Sargon guided the Enterprise crew to build Android bodies for he, Henoch, and Thalassa.
    edited April 2012
    It'd really be nice to get the costumes done... I mean, BOFFs come with standard costumes. Can't they just copy those uniforms for the Androids?
    edited April 2012
    Destinii wrote:
    It'd really be nice to get the costumes done... I mean, BOFFs come with standard costumes. Can't they just copy those uniforms for the Androids?

I wouldn't hold your breath. What's this weekend event? Hey F2Pers, come get the purple doffs we gave the subscribers a few months back, subscribers, you get nothing new.

This is how we will be treated from now on, we're the ex-girlfriend. They've moved on to a new love. Glad I'll be in Tyria this weekend, go go Guild Wars 2!
    edited April 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

I wouldn't hold your breath. What's this weekend event? Hey F2Pers, come get the purple doffs we gave the subscribers a few months back, subscribers, you get nothing new.

This is how we will be treated from now on, we're the ex-girlfriend. They've moved on to a new love. Glad I'll be in Tyria this weekend, go go Guild Wars 2!

I'm looking forward to the event.
    Didn't get my purples last time.
    Sorry you're not enjoying yourself, but here's some sugar for those sour grapes.
    edited April 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

I also missed them the first time around. I am all for this.
    GenEricII wrote:

Could be quite often, but given that CBS wanted a say on what the turbolift doors said, it could be legit...
    Dunnlang wrote:
    Improving, fixing, or developing content that is already in the game appears to be the lowest priority. I could forgive this if the new content that was released did not immediately need improving, fixing or developing almost 100% of the time.

Unfortunately this seems rather true to me, as far as cosmetic items go. I get the impression that powers and abilities are worked on, even if slowly.
    edited May 2012
    So Caitians have hair now. That must've been a load off the Costume Guy's plate. Any updates to where the Android costumes are?
    edited May 2012
    Meh I've given up with them
    this is last years system, they're on to new ones
    Its nothing but "intents'" and "in the pipe" when it comes to things around here.
    I for the life of my can't understand why this could take this long

but then again, weren't the costume guys making the LOBI stuff too

thats it then, this doesn't make them money, it costs them
    edited May 2012

The Soong type android was unique, because of its ability to learn, and expand without having more hard and software added... the andorids you described had limited learning ability, and were pre-programmed.
    edited May 2012
    Tomorrow I hit 800 Days...

...Still don't have my promised 700 Day Vet Reward (I really want Tactical Androids for a couple of my alts). :(

I wonder... What are the odds I'll hit 900 Days and still not have it. Any gamblers out there? :rolleyes:
    edited May 2012

...Still don't have my promised 700 Day Vet Reward (I really want Tactical Androids for a couple of my alts). :(

I wonder... What are the odds I'll hit 900 Days and still not have it. Any gamblers out there? :rolleyes:

at this point, I'd be willing to call that a sucker bet.

Not buying it
    edited May 2012

I'm at 835 days and I'm still waiting for my 700 day vet reward. There is absolutely NO valid reason why we can't at least get an eta on their release when they're over 135 days past due.

Will someone with the authority to cooridinate with the appropriate departments PLEASE look into this and give us an estimate for completion???

P L E A S E