What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate Problem

Comments

• Options
    lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You should be able to as i did the same and I am now in.
  • Options
    lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Time to enter the grind zone :-)

Good luck all
  • Options
    evilmatt666evilmatt666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    96%... come on...

[Engage]...

I think I'm on. :eek:
  • Options
    aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sweet, now it is saying I need to patch 5GB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • Options
    artillerie2artillerie2 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Stuck at the 'Loading Launcher' stage - this is not fixed.

Now it's getting somewhere - slow but moving.
  • Options
    nibtishnibtish Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    aldo1raine wrote: »
    Sweet, now it is saying I need to patch 5GB

I pressed cancel from my 6gig and now it's only 761MB...

slow as hell download though.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Having (Finally) patched and logged into the game The second load screen sits there for about 5 mins before showing the in game login screen and telling me the (correct) details I put into the launcher which logged me in are incorrect, I then proceed to put the same details in and it works immediately.

This only happens after patching but always happens after patching, could you look into that please, its getting quite annoying
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Finally...only took 7 hours to fix their launch updater problem...
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • Options
    vnm51vnm51 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Good Lord! It says: Engage
    Could that be real?
  • Options
    aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Finally...only took 7 hours to fix their launch updater problem...

Tried to cancel.....it just subtracts the amount of the previous download, guess I'l stick it out. See what happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    vnm51 wrote: »
    Good Lord! It says: Engage
    Could that be real?

It it gets through the next 52% in 10 mins I'll even be able to get my daily dil ;)
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm now in, all patched up and in game :)
  • Options
    vnm51vnm51 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah. Im in... just the launcher window with the ie syntax error remained hope they fixed it soon.
    Okay... where's my epohh? I have to feed her
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    nibtish wrote: »
    It it gets through the next 52% in 10 mins I'll even be able to get my daily dil ;)

• Options
    burchenallburchenall Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's fixed for me since I tried around 3/4 hour ago and although it took a long time to patch (more like "start" to patch) finally I could go in and tried the tracert again and it worked fine.
  • Options
    thetokenbritthetokenbrit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mine's still patching........ Slowly. But Thank the Prophets! :eek:
  • Options
    fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm not a computer wiz and do not know how to do that TRIBBLE! if they think it's a regonial problem, all I can say I'm in Virginia,USA.:mad:
  • Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I log in, DL the patch, enter the game, on the character screen itself suddenly a box appears and said "invalided password", logs me out, I log back in, back to character screen, again "invalided password", I log back in a 3rd time, it works.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • Options
    locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    locozoco wrote: »
    as A Lifetime Subscriber Since Launch Of The Game, It Would Be Nice To Get Some Compensation For Our Loss Of Game-play.

This Is A Loss Of Approximately 960 Dilithium, 75+ Omega Marks, And A Minimum Of 1 Borg Neural Processer To Any One Of My Toons Per Hour. Based On This I Conclude That I Could Run 3 Elite Stf's Per Hour. Being Unable To Play Sto Since At Least 11am/8am Est/pst That Is 5.5 Hours Right Now.

So, Let's Do The Math.

960*3*5 = 14,400 Dilithium Lost
    75*3*5 = 1,125+ Omega Marks Lost
    1*3*5 = 15+ Borg Neural Processors Lost

These Amounts Do Not Include Any Bonuses During The Reputation Bonus Time-frame, Nor Does It Include Any Of The Additional Omega Marks Or Borg Neural Processors One Might Getting During The Elite Stf Runs.

Compensation For The Loss Of Game Time Would Be Highly Appreciated By All Players That Are Affected By The Cryptic/perfectwolrd's Patchserver Issue.

Thank You

With At Least A 7.5 Hour Downtime Due To Connection Through Boston, Compensation For Our Losses Should Be A Must.

Being An F2p Model Should Not Exclude Cryptic From Satisfying Their Customers For Their Losses.

To Provide Compensation To Their Customers Would Show That They Actually Care About The Customers And Not Just Their Bottom Line.

**please Provide Us With Exceptional Customer Service. **

Perfectworld Employees Would Only Expect The Same When Dealing With Any Type Of Customer Service Oriented Issue, If They Were The Customer.

We Demand Compensation.
  • Options
    sirurzasirurza Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My launcher opened, says it patching but its frozen on 24kb, then suddenly started downloading at normal speed.
    Also the patch size is 8224MB, is it downloading the entire client again?

Did you uncheck on-demand patching? If so that's why. It's download all the patching instead of only the vital stuff. With on-demand patching turned on, you download any updates for a zone via the load screen.
  • Options
    annanaisannanais Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The problem I am having is the Launcher comes up... But the Advertising box is sitting on toip of my login... It's no longer in the middle where it used to be... I am running Windows 8. 64 bit.
  • Options
    kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Patching now. 981 MB
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    at last i can load the game only problem is i am having major lag issue's now , anybody else having this problem ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    hoipoloihoipoloi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Managed to get into the game for 40 minutes, then got server not responding and was kicked.. now I have a blank loader... obviously still not fixed!
  • Options
    locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes, MAJOR lag. It is so hard to do anything on STO with all this f'n LAG.
  • Options
    larrybannlarrybann Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hoipoloi wrote: »
    Managed to get into the game for 40 minutes, then got server not responding and was kicked.. now I have a blank loader... obviously still not fixed!

I have the same.
  • Options
    darkeddiedarkeddie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Major lag issues. The latest tracert shows quite a different list of routers, one going to Germany...
  • Options
    buzz7558buzz7558 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I dont know if this will help anyone else but i kept trying the loader and eventually it went to patch it took nearly an hour to download but that has solved the problem
  • Options
    wilksoneeyewilksoneeye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sirurza wrote: »
    Did you uncheck on-demand patching? If so that's why. It's download all the patching instead of only the vital stuff. With on-demand patching turned on, you download any updates for a zone via the load screen.

i just checked the disable on-demand patching as i got stuck on a loading screen when i tried to beam down to the academy. the load symbol wasnt moving around and it kept adding the number of files that needed to be loaded, but the speed stayed at 0 kb's.

but now the loader will not load properly. could this be because alot of people are downloading the new patch and stuff?

I Have no connection problems with other games and browsing etc.