Comments

• Options
    crazy6665crazy6665 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    got server not responding now getting same error as before is not fix yet
  • Options
    dethblazer1dethblazer1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well after they fixed the launcher a other thing comes along Well done devs :mad: kicked out the game timeout then try to start it up again failed all i get is a white box now if your going to fix something do it right then a half TRIBBLE job soo tick off with them today
  • Options
    crazy6665crazy6665 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yup same here got server not responding now can't go back in
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    yep they did a half TRIBBLE job on the fix to shut people up for a while and now here comes the spam again if they fixed it right this would not happen lol
  • Options
    firescorpion1firescorpion1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ok for one this game as ive seen so far hasnt any glitches in it , and i love to play this game

but today is
    1/28/2013
    and its way past the server maintenance time

well u could call that one number one
    because let me say this ,, when the game decided not) to load right this morning i was so tired i decided to reinstall the game ,, ok well finally i got the game back going but ( now ) its lagging terribley , hmm so what is my first move u might say .. i change all the visual options back to basic and i load a big dig mission ,, so , , now whats the game say to me .
    it says as soon as i load it in red words//letters that pretty much im being disconnected and im the only freakin one in it

wel not only have u put out an update that was entirely wrong or the wrong hippies testing it,,or my whole system has went bad ,, hmm i have been building comps now before the 95 came out , so building a comp to suit this is easy,, (( now heres where the (but)comes into play happens).

for one thing i did and have wasted the last year of my life playing bsg , if u must know battle star

now ,,even at most im not gona spend that much money on this cause i know how to turn a profite, but let me tell u this , there is one dude in my list that i call my main and on him i do take my time and i do whip the bootys , but even when im trying to load my main and nothng else will i get a error message ,, ,,

i want u to tell me something right now and right now is a good time if this is gona be some long term goal as to underminin the thoughts and freedoms of the players u need tell me now so i dont waste anymore of ur time or mine)
    if not please try and fix the issues with the bugs before u put out the exe, file , please cause u might think its just a game ,,but to some its a real life
  • Options
    robintayl0rrobintayl0r Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Still not patching.

If the update is nearly a 1Gb and everyone is trying to download it or even just on-demand parts of it. Not surprising it has brought Cryptic's network to its knees.

Maybe future updates can be rolled out more incrementally?

Guess we wait till the demand drops and usable bandwidth returns.:(
  • Options
    globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the loading of a ground level went smooth but i just had one fail, and take 10 minutes to load on re attempt. issues all day man..
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Still not patching.

If the update is nearly a 1Gb and everyone is trying to download it or even just on-demand parts of it. Not surprising it has brought Cryptic's network to its knees.

Maybe future updates can be rolled out more incrementally?

Guess we wait till the demand drops and usable bandwidth returns.:(

if thats ture then have to wait 5 days lol
  • Options
    evilmatt666evilmatt666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow. Really slow transitions between zones, servers uncontactable, patching stalling. Still not right but at least we can connect with a little effort.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    can't even play the game even when you can login evey time it starts a patching load times out :mad:
  • Options
    tovalmorgantovalmorgan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    theres a saying "you get what you pay for"

with that being said, its a good thing this game is free, cause I'd be pissed if I was paying for ****ty support like this.

they patch the game to fix one thing, and then break something else in the process. Happens damn near every patch cycle...

you've been at this like 4 years now cryptic, how long does it take to get your **** together and fix issues without breaking stuff?
    "We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
  • Options
    willow6912willow6912 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    is it down again?
  • Options
    bsliskbslisk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    good lord please tell me it isnt down AGAIN
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    just had the error "dynamic patch failure" when loading a second map of a foundry mission , erm does that mean the server is still not fixed ? lol
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    makovdenricmakovdenric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yes, it is down again as of the time of this post.......
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First, I tried to log in with the link that worked yesterday. Of course I got the "failed to connect the the patch server" message. So I looked around and found the update. I loaded it and it ran the "new" patcher. When I logged in the window turned white as if pending an error message. I let it sit for a few minutes and it didn't change. I closed the window and tried to load it again. This time I got the "no connection" message again -- AFTER loading the update. My internet works fine (how else would I be posting this?).

It seems I'm not the only one having issues. My question is this -- why did they change the launcher in the first place? And all of a sudden? Yes, I know they do tell us things occasionally. But wouldn't it have made more sense to release the update BEFORE the changeover? Or included it in the last patch?

Seems to me they're trying to limit the number of people who can actually play. I'm not sure who those people are, given that I doubt our individual systems are to blame.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same BS is happening again !!! I am tired of this already.
  • Options
    bsliskbslisk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    all i can say is they better fix this dang thing for good this time am going through withdrawals
  • Options
    courdinn352courdinn352 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hate that it let me back in and in the middle of a mission loading screen crashed on me.

I cant take this torture!
  • Options
    melodywilliamsmelodywilliams Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well...I was able to load the patch and play the game for about two hours. I logged off, big mistake, now I can't get into the game.

The same problem reported earlier today is back. I hope our friends at STO are aware and are working on the issue. I know these problems can be difficult to resolve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] MJ Williams
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm staying in the game till I pass out tonight. :D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It is officially borked here in NE Texas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    paragon92518paragon92518 Member Posts: 268
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

The team is investigating, but this does not seem to affect all players and may be regional. To help in the investigation, please run a tracert (instructions for this process here) pointing to launcher.startrekonline.com and copy/ paste your results in this thread if you're comfortable doing so and making sure you star out your local IP address.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Here is my tracert:

tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms 2 ms 1 ms dslrouter.westell.com [192.168.1.1]
    2 27 ms 27 ms 27 ms 10.29.29.1
    3 29 ms 29 ms 29 ms P2-0-6.SCTNPA-LCR-02.verizon-gni.net [130.81.195
    .156]
    4 35 ms 35 ms 34 ms G13-0-0.SCTNPA-LCR-01.verizon-gni.net [130.81.15
    1.34]
    5 33 ms 34 ms 33 ms so-5-0-2-0.NWRK-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.
    22.12]
    6 42 ms 41 ms 42 ms 0.xe-7-2-0.XL3.NYC1.ALTER.NET [152.63.6.145]
    7 48 ms 49 ms 49 ms 0.ge-4-0-0.XL3.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.17.30]
    8 49 ms 49 ms 49 ms POS6-0.GW5.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.25.69]
    9 52 ms 52 ms 52 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [65.207.236.58]
    10 49 ms 50 ms 50 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.1
    04]
    11 50 ms 52 ms 55 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 * 51 ms * 208.95.185.41
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.

17 * * 53 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

Unfortunately the launcher refuses to load up, or...when I'm *lucky* enough to get the launcher screen it just times out and refuses to d/l the patch.
  • Options
    hank900hank900 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    STILL having major probs logging in
    http://www.1279sto.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thejosephinethejosephine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This bites.... you think they could actually learn from past mistakes.....

I leave the game for months, and come back to the same old "OUT OF COMMISSION FOR A FEW DAYS CAUSE WE BORKED THE PATCH"

You would think after attempting to run the game for so long they would work out deployment bugs.
  • Options
    willow6912willow6912 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    when i try to login with my main charater the server stops responding.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its still having launcher issues.
  • Options
    wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    same here...super annoyed
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    for such a small patch it has caused hugh problems :(