Nerf mage and psy damage, as well as soulforce

Options
Rawrgh - Raging Tide
Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Since everyone loves to Q_Q about 5 aps DDs in their specialty, I decided to make a thread QQing about casters in their specialty.

A mage is incredibly overpowered in TW. You go out in get 72 gold, if you're patient about 50 to 60mil. Then refine to +6 with tienkang and tisha orbs as well as mirages. This is about 10mil. Then you get a 7 star orb for about 15mil. Then get 3 ocean orbs for 30 gold each, they were selling for about 25mil last sale.

Total cost? About 150mil.

The rest? Just leave your rank 8 chest and legs at a decent refine level get some mediocre gears, etc.

You now **** just about everything in TW. You can easily one shot entire groups of people, easily. Just target someone, stand at max range, and cast sage black ice dragon strike. If you aimed well you just killed 10 people, and put yourself at barely any danger. Overpowered.

On the flip side, is psychic's if you want to refine high.

You get full rank 9 with +10 gears? You are literally unstoppable. You have so much soulforce that if any DD so much as attacks you twice they will be sealed. Sins now do more damage to themselves than they do to you with your reflect ability. And if somehow they get past all that? Psychic will and you have crazy damage immunity. Not to mention that by sharding with jade of steady defense shards, you can easily get over 100 defense levels. You every try killing someone who has 10k hp unbuffed with 100 defense levels? It's not easy, and it definitely takes more than one hit, too bad that after your one hit you get sealed.

They are so dominant in PK and TW it's not even funny. They can spend barely any money and become a huge factor, or spend a lot of money and become literally unstoppable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
Post edited by Rawrgh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Agreed.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah I can agree but most people ***** about 5.0......

Oh yeah did I mention I'm making a psychic :D?
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'd rather see em restrict claws to BMs, then OP would be knocked of his elite high horse, and sent back to being a meatshield like intended.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lul b:chuckle
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Chuck_N - Lost City
    Chuck_N - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    but who plays a psy?
  • endlesstorture
    endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No because

Mage/Psy
    Good thing= TW
    Badthings= Nobody wants you in FC, Squads, bad DD for bosses.squishy for pve. Harder to level

5 aps people
    Goodthing=Solo anything boss,solo nirvy,solo TT,You can make money easy. And Everybody wants you in squad so its easy to level.

Badthing= nothing. only sins TW is a little tiny bit bad for TW
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    5 aps people
    Goodthing=Solo anything boss,solo nirvy,solo TT,You can make money easy.

Sounds like a Herc Veno .. ijs ... Let remove Herc's from game b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This is posting 5 aps barb? Most failure barb build ever?b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    vristion wrote: »
    I'd rather see em restrict claws to BMs, then OP would be knocked of his elite high horse, and sent back to being a meatshield like intended.
    Why you so mad though? Give your useless QQ a break.

Mage/Psy
    Good thing= TW
    Badthings= Nobody wants you in FC, Squads, bad DD for bosses.squishy for pve. Harder to level

Wrong. "Nobody wants you in FC" 90% of FC is the pulls, AOE is absolutely necessary there, and who has the best AOEs? Oh yea, mages and psys.

"Squads" lol doesn't even need a response.

"bad DD for bosses, squishy for pve. Harder to level"

Leveling is a joke so that's irrelevant. As for the bosses and being squishy, I've already addressed that PvE isn't their specialty
    Goodthing=Solo anything boss,solo nirvy,solo TT,You can make money easy. And Everybody wants you in squad so its easy to level.

"Solo anything boss" Incredibly redundant since you say that like three times.

"Solo nirvana" Right....... GL with that.

"Solo TT" Yes, they can solo a TT, I'd say that's an equivalent trade off for not being a class that can absolutely change TWs just by themselves.

"You can make money easily" And you have to spend it. Like I said a mage only needs 150mil to be a factor in TW, a 5 aps class needs to spend double that for just the 5 aps, then you need to refine extremely high and shard extremely well.

Badthing? Getting ***** in PK/TW by a mage who spent less than a 10th of what you've spent on gears who has a +10 rank 8 with a jones blessing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    vristion wrote: »

Oh wait, we have BM alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My BM alt is level 87 and will be 88 by the end of the night. I go to tournament thursday and a few FC, I'm level 89. Then it's just a bit of work for 90 and then I just spam FCs and cube for level 100. Won't take me more than 2 weeks if I have to rush.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My BM alt is level 87 and will be 88 by the end of the night. I go to tournament thursday and a few FC, I'm level 89. Then it's just a bit of work for 90 and then I just spam FCs and cube for level 100. Won't take me more than 2 weeks if I have to rush.

Right, so the obvious solution would be to somehow disable perma-spark and lower the max aps. WINNING!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • _TricK - Raging Tide
    _TricK - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

On the flip side, is psychic's if you want to refine high.

You get full rank 9 with +10 gears? You are literally unstoppable. You have so much soulforce that if any DD so much as attacks you twice they will be sealed. Sins now do more damage to themselves than they do to you with your reflect ability. And if somehow they get past all that? Psychic will and you have crazy damage immunity. Not to mention that by sharding with jade of steady defense shards, you can easily get over 100 defense levels. You every try killing someone who has 10k hp unbuffed with 100 defense levels? It's not easy, and it definitely takes more than one hit, too bad that after your one hit you get sealed.

Well I will not "QQ" about Wizards, yes they hit high, well they're casters, they're also 2-3 shots on archers with same amount of "Rank 8" spent/farmed, 1-2 shots on a 2 sparked R8 sin +4 daggers with C.O.D.

Though,

I will "QQ" about Psychics. I have tried every single way of killing "them". By them I mean the well geared ones. I won't even mention Rank 9. Nirvana armor alone, all +7 already brings so much soul force, so much silence. All that APS is nothing.

Well I did see a R9 Sin get lucky getting 5 hits in a row without getting silenced.

Well I'm really rambling about random QQ here, but yes they are still killable. (Insert R9 +12 Arma here"

I'm just saying, Tried axe stun lock, vacuity powders, magical defense charms, Ironguard + face roll 5 APS. All failed.

b:cry Soul of silence, all I QQ about, the rest leave it. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Right, so the obvious solution would be to somehow disable perma-spark and lower the max aps. WINNING!
    Sure, just remove jones blessings and cut soulforce in half. That should balance things out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So... If 5aps is overpowered and now casters are suddenly overpowered wouldn't that mean the game is balanced? b:sweat

OP mage=/= OP 5aps

So, why QQ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • _TricK - Raging Tide
    _TricK - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So... If 5aps is overpowered and now casters are suddenly overpowered wouldn't that mean the game is balanced? b:sweat

OP mage=/= OP 5aps

So, why QQ?

b:cry Just QQ on soulforce. I basically live on QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

OP mage=/= OP 5aps

So, why QQ?

QQ doesn't cancel other QQ.

Its purely an addictive property. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options

OP mage=/= OP 5aps

So, why QQ?
    Because some players feel that either spending very little and being incredibly powerful in PvP, or spending a lot and being literally unbeatable, isn't enough. They need to be good in PvE as well, because hey, why should those barbs and BMs be better in PvE? Sure they aren't good in PvP, but we want them to be useless everywhere dammit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ostina - Raging Tide
    Ostina - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Then go lvl wiz. Game is unbalanced. Nothing u can do about that. Or any of us. lvl 72 mystic just healed barb at pole :P. No need for puri.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Then go lvl wiz. Game is unbalanced. Nothing u can do about that. Or any of us. lvl 72 mystic just healed barb at pole :P. No need for puri.

10 gold says that barb's charm is at least 50k less than what it was before pole.

Mystics heals may be fast but they are weak compared to just IH. Seriously triple stack IH, purify, and repeat as a cleric and pole is cake as long as no stupid *** sin is in the squad >.>
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Because some players feel that either spending very little and being incredibly powerful in PvP, or spending a lot and being literally unbeatable, isn't enough. They need to be good in PvE as well, because hey, why should those barbs and BMs be better in PvE? Sure they aren't good in PvP, but we want them to be useless everywhere dammit!

But they are good in PvP, since you can drop a magic class in a few seconds with 5aps and have more stuns (well for BM and Sins anyway) than most magic classes. b:surrender

Even though I can agree with you with the lower cost to be powerful since 5aps and is WAY more costly than just getting a very powerful gear for a magic class.

But higher cost seems more worth it for 5aps characters since they have more benefits in killing people in PvP easily (especially for sins, since its near impossible a magic class to kill them) , being able to farm everything simplify, and being able to solo just about every boss in the game. Like how Cheze (I think I spelled his name wrong) soloed the most hardest boss in the game, Harpy Wrath. While Magic classes can't solo that many bosses.

So I think QQing over mages being OP is not worth it and I also think people should stop QQing about 5aps since its never going to be removed anyway...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In PvP a mage or psy with equal amount of cash or coins invested in gears will be far superior to a 5 aps. With magic marrow up a mage can hit for 5k with sandstorm, noncrit. With the amount of money the BM had invested on 5 aps gears the mage will have a +10 rank 8 weapon with 2 sapphire gems, as well as a +10 physical defense cube necklace as well as at least 8k hp buffed.

Equal geared mage vs. BM the mage will win 9 times out of 10.

And TW? Not even close, a mage is sitting back one shotting groups of people with no real danger, while a BM is dying repeatedly and hoping to get one stun off before he dies.

And don't even get me started on psychics.

My point is that PvE build/characters have their advantages and disadvantages, and that PvP builds/characters have their advantages and disadvantages. When you made your character you choose how to build your character, if you want PvE then you built a PvE char, if you wanted PvP, you built a PvP char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zankanto - Sanctuary
    Zankanto - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Wrong. "Nobody wants you in FC" 90% of FC is the pulls, AOE is absolutely necessary there, and who has the best AOEs? Oh yea, mages and psys.

Sorry, but we Seekers take that title. For FCC and Delta, anyway.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sounds like a Herc Veno .. ijs ... Let remove Herc's from game b:victory

agreed under one condition... I can use phoenix anywhere and in any instance. b:laugh
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Bawmp, this needs to be kept alive as long as people continue to Q_Q about 5 aps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They did, they took away our r9. I vote 5aps next woooooooot.
  • Jatoni - Sanctuary
    Jatoni - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    y Yu Mayke Dem Psychic Filet O Fish And Dem Dragon Throwin Magic Peepoll So Strong Aye? Y Yu Make Dem Fish Carry Dem Big Balls In Dey Hands Mang Why Dem Wizard Peepoll So Strong Mang? How Come I Can"t Punch Dem And Dey Be Runnin Home To Dey Momma Mang They Be Too Strong Mang Autotune Dem Mang They Wont Be Doin Da Faceroll No More Mang
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In PvP a mage or psy with equal amount of cash or coins invested in gears will be far superior to a 5 aps. With magic marrow up a mage can hit for 5k with sandstorm, noncrit. With the amount of money the BM had invested on 5 aps gears the mage will have a +10 rank 8 weapon with 2 sapphire gems, as well as a +10 physical defense cube necklace as well as at least 8k hp buffed.

Equal geared mage vs. BM the mage will win 9 times out of 10.

And TW? Not even close, a mage is sitting back one shotting groups of people with no real danger, while a BM is dying repeatedly and hoping to get one stun off before he dies.

And don't even get me started on psychics.

My point is that PvE build/characters have their advantages and disadvantages, and that PvP builds/characters have their advantages and disadvantages. When you made your character you choose how to build your character, if you want PvE then you built a PvE char, if you wanted PvP, you built a PvP char.

pretty much 100% true

you left out seal of the god clerics btw "hey stay in seal so long your antistuns mag marrow and saftey lock wear off ok?" > 1 shots> gf man

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol @ this thread hard.. nice one Rawgh

why are people always QQing?

less QQ more grinding pls.

And leave in game balance to the developers.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Orintaz - Archosaur
    Orintaz - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    After reading all this..... LOL :D
    If you hate casters so much reroll one? :/