Unofficial Guide to the Earthguard

Options

Comments

• Tni - Lost City
    Tni - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Speaking of quests, does anyone know what these say, or what to do for them?
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3175738/Eh/quests.bmp

Also, does anyone know whats up with those light blue quests from General Summer?
    I think they give some sort of an item and I have no idea what to do with them...
  • XJmKx - Sanctuary
    XJmKx - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Im just wondering something about the seeker... Will the sword on their back still be visible with fashion on?
  • Irda - Raging Tide
    Irda - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Maybe this question was answered but, do the mystics summons need to eat like the venos pets?
  • Tni - Lost City
    Tni - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Maybe this question was answered but, do the mystics summons need to eat like the venos pets?

No. Mystic summons don't need food nor do they have a loyalty bar. Instead they have a mana bar for skills.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Im just wondering something about the seeker... Will the sword on their back still be visible with fashion on?

Yes.

Proof

It's a small pic, but I didn't feel like searching for the pic of the seeker with the kitty fash on. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Irda - Raging Tide
    Irda - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No. Mystic summons don't need food nor do they have a loyalty bar. Instead they have a mana bar for skills.

Thanks for the answer :)
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    After reading everything, I am left with one question.

Since the skill description for the Seeker's defense buffs claims that it increases the defense level, is it safe to assume that will stack the the Blademaster's defense buff since it increases your pre-existing defense by a percentage and not the defense level itself?
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    After reading everything, I am left with one question.

Since the skill description for the Seeker's defense buffs claims that it increases the defense level, is it safe to assume that will stack the the Blademaster's defense buff since it increases your pre-existing defense by a percentage and not the defense level itself?

Yep.

Physical Defense and Defense Level are two completely different things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    YAY, thank you for answering :)
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    LOLOL earthgaurds dont have an FB 19 do they xD?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    an interesting snippet of info for you.. just been playing on my seeker, and it looks like there are enough quests for the Earthguard to hit level 30 BEFORE they even go to Archosaur lol, even though there is a quest at the elder in Earthguard city to teleport there around level 20, there are still quests that can be done down around the new lands.

just thought it might interest folks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    an interesting snippet of info for you.. just been playing on my seeker, and it looks like there are enough quests for the Earthguard to hit level 30 BEFORE they even go to Archosaur lol, even though there is a quest at the elder in Earthguard city to teleport there around level 20, there are still quests that can be done down around the new lands.

just thought it might interest folks.

Are you serious? I have enough trouble keeping up with the current 20-30 quests in arch on my alts. Now they're going to add more for Earthguard? QQ

I can see it now. Not going to be done with Broken Bow Bluff until mid 4x. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Are you serious? I have enough trouble keeping up with the current 20-30 quests in arch on my alts. Now they're going to add more for Earthguard? QQ

I can see it now. Not going to be done with Broken Bow Bluff until mid 4x. b:surrender

I highly recommend you skip the EG quest at 2X and do the archosaur ones, EG quest give little to no rep, so once you hit 30, you can't get the rank gear. Save the EG quest for 3X when you start getting the **** quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I highly recommend you skip the EG quest at 2X and do the archosaur ones, EG quest give little to no rep, so once you hit 30, you can't get the rank gear. Save the EG quest for 3X when you start getting the **** quest.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the heads up. b:thanks

-waits until February- b:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • ZeverEdge - Lost City
    ZeverEdge - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thnx for the tip Lupu, now that you pointed it out, I should do that as my seek's already lvl 25 from a few arch quests and some of those new EG quests (was lvl 21 like 12hrs ago). Lol, funny thing is that with the great quest and chest gear you gear up to lvl 20 is all timed too. *hint* GET TO 30 NAOW!! *hint* b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Haters: So...is the game dead yet?b:question

PWI Community: Pretty much, West Arch is still the laggiest place.

PWI Economy: Agreed, and there is still active gold tradingb:surrender

Hooray for death of PWI!!!b:kissb:victory
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Do Mystics get a skill to refill the mana of their pet?
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this is probably way too early to ask, but any info on all of the rank gear for the earthguards from 1 to 9? b:shutup
    Retired b:bye
  • ZeverEdge - Lost City
    ZeverEdge - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do Mystics get a skill to refill the mana of their pet?
    Yes they do, at lvl 19. Its like the skill makes what looks like a mana link chain to your summons, where at lvl 1 it transfers 500 mp from you to your it. It took me a while to figure its use, but that's the general idea of the skill.

Under this topic, does any1 know the use for the lvl 19 seeker sword buff, lvl 24 "debuff?" thing and the mystic's lvl 19 attack that has long channeling and looks like they're shooting a DBZ style energy blast?(it makes mobs disappearb:shocked)

PS: THE EARTHGUARD ARE AAAAAAAAAWWWWWSSOOOOOOOOOMMMEEEEE!!!b:laugh b:victory

Edit: NVM my queries, I found them on the 1st page xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Haters: So...is the game dead yet?b:question

PWI Community: Pretty much, West Arch is still the laggiest place.

PWI Economy: Agreed, and there is still active gold tradingb:surrender

Hooray for death of PWI!!!b:kissb:victory
  • yan00
    yan00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Seekers have something like "combos". When you are buffed with 1:1, hitting a mob and the mob gets marked by your "buff icon", you can use the 2:3 skill and the mob will get two debuffs. Freeze and increases damage received (extreme poison effect.)

There are others "combos" like this one, but I don't have more info now, sorry.

PS: English is not my primary language, so, sorry about grammar and other errors. I hope you can understand.

thanks for this i hope u can get more good info's, i wanna find tactics to beat up sins!!!!
  • Rambox - Sanctuary
    Rambox - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    LOLOL earthgaurds dont have an FB 19 do they xD?

No, EG's don't have a FB19. It's like Tideborns, you will have to go to a spot and kill a boss and you're done.
  • Proclivity - Archosaur
    Proclivity - Archosaur Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i noticed noones posted a indetail map of the new expansion area so i put this together whilst on my seeker

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4257/expansionmap.jpg

its from the very edge of the west map down by cram village and all the way across to public quest islands
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Resistance is futile!
    ♠ Ascii - HL (Deleted b:sad) ♦ Fealty - HL ♣ Proclivity - AR ♥ Evenixus - HT
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i noticed noones posted a indetail map of the new expansion area so i put this together whilst on my seeker

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4257/expansionmap.jpg

its from the very edge of the west map down by cram village and all the way across to public quest islands

wow thats a big area.....i notice a large structure at the west edge of the snowy area and some lvl 100 mobs in some pics. can you maybe label the lvl range areas? (i.e. 0x, 1x etc.)

EDIT: well big compared to the TB area the other newbie areas still have a lot more land i think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BravestBarb - Heavens Tear
    BravestBarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    wow thats a big area.....i notice a large structure at the west edge of the snowy area and some lvl 100 mobs in some pics. can you maybe label the lvl range areas? (i.e. 0x, 1x etc.)

EDIT: well big compared to the TB area the other newbie areas still have a lot more land i think

Yeh it is pretty big and there are a lot of different mobs. Its like you take one wrong step from starter area and you are in area of mobs with 4x level. But mobs range a lot. Plus EG's have quests there till like lvl 30ish as someone mentioned above. Also EG's have some quest at 40. Idk if it for all classes or EG's only but Sherilys was doing a quest there at 4x.
    BravestBarb (Main)- Level 75
    BraverVeno (active...cant wait for mystics) - Level 72
    BrutalSinNer (semi-active) - Level 48
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do seekers benefit from bloodpaint?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No, EG's don't have a FB19. It's like Tideborns, you will have to go to a spot and kill a boss and you're done.

~_~ Really?! I was really, really hoping they'd made an actual fb this time...*sigh*

Ah well, I guess...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Posted these links a while back in 2 other threads:

Territory Map:

http://img688.imageshack.us/i/mapyu.jpg

Map: (large size)

http://www.4shared.com/photo/fullsize/fu8OwAnF/perfectworldmapGenesis.html

Hope these help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yay i can now auto fly out of fishy land and not run into a wall WOOT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dreamviewer - Dreamweaver
    Dreamviewer - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do you guys think Mystic will be a good healer like Cleric? Will Clerics be replaced? Do Mystics have Mana regen skills / buffs? Does anyone know of higher lvl Mystic heals, are they any good? Does lvl10 Mystic Rez buff have an effect like Cleric's lvl11 Rez (no exp penalty)? <- That would be unfair.

I want to know these things before I buy my Demon Cleric heal skills and rez for like 60mil... b:shutup
    Thank you.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do you guys think Mystic will be a good healer like Cleric? Will Clerics be replaced? Do Mystics have Mana regen skills / buffs? Does anyone know of higher lvl Mystic heals, are they any good? Does lvl10 Mystic Rez buff have an effect like Cleric's lvl11 Rez (no exp penalty)? <- That would be unfair.

I want to know these things before I buy my Demon Cleric heal skills and rez for like 60mil... b:shutup
    Thank you.

For the last time...

Mystics will not replace venos or clerics.
    Seekers will not replace BMs or barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ClannedWolf - Heavens Tear
    ClannedWolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    For the last time...

Mystics will not replace venos or clerics.
    Seekers will not replace BMs or barbs.

Shes right. You can get a little idea of the mystic healing it does not compair to the cleric AT ALL. and after seeing that the seekers use elemental physical attacks well thats a whole new ball game isnt it? Something tells me they wont uber AOE and they obvously cant multy weapon like a BM. As for how they affect us barbs..well we will just have to see. Personally Im starting to think of it as a up close wizard. Not able to hit as hard but it would be nice having TWO classes 1 in the back and 1 in the front doing elemental damage.