Unofficial Guide to the Earthguard

Comments

• Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This thread is too good to die. b:sad

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Posting to drag through the mass of rebellion posts
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    A few skill translations into picture :
    (I'm not 100% sure of course, but I guess it's correct)

Seeker :

Defense Lvl Buff Lv1

Mystic :

Mystic's Green Buff Lv5

Auto-res Lv3

The 5 seconds spell Lv3

Mystic's Fast Heal Lv7

Heal Pet Lv6
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    A few skill translations into picture :
    (I'm not 100% sure of course, but I guess it's correct)

Seeker :

Defense Lvl Buff Lv1

Mystic :

Mystic's Green Buff Lv5

Auto-res Lv3

The 5 seconds spell Lv3

Mystic's Fast Heal Lv7

Heal Pet Lv6

there was a rumor that the party size may be increased to 10, is that true or false?
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Haven't had the chance to squad with more than 4 people, but I somehow doubt it.

Reminds me, I tried to make as much characters I could and there's still only 8 slots available.

One detail more also, there's now a new newbie help window pop-up, which seems similar to FW.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Haven't had the chance to squad with more than 4 people, but I somehow doubt it.

Reminds me, I tried to make as much characters I could and there's still only 8 slots available.

One detail more also, there's now a new newbie help window pop-up, which seems similar to FW.

Did they change the prexisting popup that appears when you make a new toon?

Oh! The "newbie armor" timed thing. Do all races across the board get that or just the EG? Kinda know its gonna be a complaint, after all it was when the TB came out, so might as well be ready. Sorry to ask but you're the only one thats talkative who has access b:surrender
  • Bitsu - Dreamweaver
    Bitsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Mystics can ressurect themselves and heal other pets too? Mystics are going to be cleric-veno-wizzies b:pleased
    b:flower I enjoy this game, nothing else to say. b:pleased
  • SandraPlease - Sanctuary
    SandraPlease - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    this thread is fighting a hard battle against all the threads complaining.

I think i have decided to be a mystic after expansion. They look like fun
  • kitaoujix
    kitaoujix Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    this thread was a great idea. i personally didn't need it because i've been following the official thread everyday so i always end up seeing the new info there. but this is great for people who don't have time or haven't read the other thread from begining.
    perhaps all the whining about this was because you called it Guide...
    you have here a great organized compilation of the info that has been released and people complain that you called it guide... for ffs -.- pfft

this was a great idea and i find it very useful to go back to see the old stuff i've seen already without having to go trough all the pages of the other thread :)
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Fight teh power! Keep this post alive! b:victory
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010

._. That's...interesting.

Different damage between mobs and players. That's a first.

Guess they decided that much physical damage all at once would wtfpwn most squishies.

Though the pvp damage doesn't seem all that weak either. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    wow... this looks awsome! cant wait for the update, thx for posting, the new classes are really better as thought b:shocked
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    there was a rumor that the party size may be increased to 10, is that true or false?

There was a rumor about squad size increasing when the Tideborns came out. GM's said no, no plans as yet. Doesn't mean they won't increase now though. Might make TT a little easier to accomplish.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    There was a rumor about squad size increasing when the Tideborns came out. GM's said no, no plans as yet. Doesn't mean they won't increase now though. Might make TT a little easier to accomplish.

10-man squad was specifically denied by a Chinese dev in an interview.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    thread has been ressed : O

Seems the fire has died down a bit.

done updating :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    I think this is gonna get buried again in stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    All I care about is that they expand the number of character slots... at least by one, that won't be too much to ask I hope.

I actually think mystics sound decent, unless their rez skill works in PvP. I think it would be possible to make it only be effective when killed by a mob. Kind of OP if it works in PvP, as for their charm being on CD, they could easily wait for it to CD before popping back up, and 10s isn't that long to survive in PvP. I see it r4ping incredibly hard in PvP.

Seeker could be interesting. Not sure will be able to stomach a melee though, regardless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    wonder if the seeker has any aggro skills? and if so i wonder if they will replace barbs indefinablyb:surrender
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    wonder if the seeker has any aggro skills? and if so i wonder if they will replace barbs indefinablyb:surrender

They're really hard to explain. I don't think they'll be replacing barbs though. BMs already replaced barbs and since seeker can't get 5 aps, I'd say no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    ... as for their charm being on CD, they could easily wait for it to CD before popping back up, and 10s isn't that long to survive in PvP ...

Your charm ticks when you res. As long as their res skill recovers less than 50% hp upon revival, their charm will always be on CD when they res.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    I was referring to the idea that if they would rez they wouldn't have restored HP, that isn't true. They could also wait until apo items cool down, providing them a further advantage... not quite as much as a sin's stealth, obviously, because people could move away, etc., target them, prepare, but it is an advantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    All I care about is that they expand the number of character slots... at least by one, that won't be too much to ask I hope.

They didn't increase it.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    They didn't increase it.

That question about seeker having an aggro skill, do they?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    They didn't increase it.

b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I don't think Mystics will replace Venomancers as the chief solo class. From the skill descriptions, it sounds like they lean a little more towards support than towards soloing, and they don't have the Veno's shape-shifting and subsequent magic/melee hybrid abilities. Also, Mystics seem unlikely to get anything like the Herc.

However, Mystics and Venos might turn out to be a very good team, if the Mystic is able to help heal the Veno's pet (and the Veno herself). Even though Herc Venos can no longer solo some of the upper TT's, the Veno and Mystic together just might. We'll have to wait and see.

The Mystic's heal and res are not liable to replace those of the Cleric, although the Mystic res buff will save a lot of frustration if the Cleric is killed.

In short, the Mystic is probably not replacing anyone. It's just very nifty to have around.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    I don't think Mystics will replace Venomancers as the chief solo class. From the skill descriptions, it sounds like they lean a little more towards support than towards soloing, and they don't have the Veno's shape-shifting and subsequent magic/melee hybrid abilities. Also, Mystics seem unlikely to get anything like the Herc.

However, Mystics and Venos might turn out to be a very good team, if the Mystic is able to help heal the Veno's pet (and the Veno herself). Even though Herc Venos can no longer solo some of the upper TT's, the Veno and Mystic together just might. We'll have to wait and see.

The Mystic's heal and res are not liable to replace those of the Cleric, although the Mystic res buff will save a lot of frustration if the Cleric is killed.

In short, the Mystic is probably not replacing anyone. It's just very nifty to have around.

I called them a back up veno/cleric. Like you'd rather the veno/cleric, but mystic will do just as good too. What i like about them is if a hercs tanking, the mystic can heal the herc too b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zavior - Harshlands
    Zavior - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Keep up the good work, this guide rocks! I'm liking the the Mystic skills, by the way is the Mystic physical defense buff better than Vanguard Spirit? b:thanks
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Keep up the good work, this guide rocks! I'm liking the the Mystic skills, by the way is the Mystic physical defense buff better than Vanguard Spirit? b:thanks

Thank you, and idk if it's castable on others. I need more seeker info. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010

Well, at level 1, it's 8%, and at level 5, it's 40%. Which means if it keeps that same ratio, it will end up at 80% at level 10. Plus it's physical, wood and water. So, unfortunately, yes. b:surrender

And since a range is listed, I assume it can be cast on players. And I assume it also stacks with vanguard since it has a different buff symbol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Vanillaquill - Lost City
    Vanillaquill - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I came to the thread looking for what flyers they will have and first I was like "Oh boy pwe, kites?REALLY?" BUT then after looking at them i can honestly say...not bad design at all, #3 and #6 are the best imo. b:thanks
    [MANA IS SO DELICIOUS I VANT TO USE AS SYRUP!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]