Unofficial Guide to the Earthguard

Options

Comments

• Zavior - Harshlands
    Zavior - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well, at level 1, it's 8%, and at level 5, it's 40%. Which means if it keeps that same ratio, it will end up at 80% at level 10. Plus it's physical, wood and water. So, unfortunately, yes. b:surrender

And since a range is listed, I assume it can be cast on players. And I assume it also stacks with vanguard since it has a different buff symbol.

Hope it does, that would be epic!
    Also the 5 second Mystic skill looks like a squishy killer b:shocked
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hope it does, that would be epic!
    Also the 5 second Mystic skill looks like a squishy killer b:shocked

Like a slow Plume shot on Steroids. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I didn't manage to buff other people with the green buff, I suppose it's only a self-buff. But there's a range in the description which still confuses me.

Seeker's Crit. rate buff gives me now +1 Atk Lvl (at lv3 skill).

Also both classes have masteries. But for some weird reason, Seeker's blade mastery doesn't show on the skill tree.
  • ZeverEdge - Lost City
    ZeverEdge - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I didn't manage to buff other people with the green buff, I suppose it's only a self-buff. But there's a range in the description which still confuses me.

Seeker's Crit. rate buff gives me now +1 Atk Lvl (at lv3 skill).

Also both classes have masteries. But for some weird reason, Seeker's blade mastery doesn't show on the skill tree.
    I see.

Well at least you're playing the test server, and most likely the Chinese players would point out these anomalies in their bug report forums.

At least I hope these are weird to them too.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Haters: So...is the game dead yet?b:question

PWI Community: Pretty much, West Arch is still the laggiest place.

PWI Economy: Agreed, and there is still active gold tradingb:surrender

Hooray for death of PWI!!!b:kissb:victory
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Pattern Growth of the Seeker's Crit. Buff :

Lv1 - Crit. +1%, 15min
    Lv2 - Crit. +1%, 30min
    Lv3 - Crit. +1%, +1 Atk Lvl, 15min
    Lv4 - Crit. +1%, +1 Atk Lvl, 30min
    ...etc
    Lv10 - Crit. +1%, +3 Atk Lvl, +1 Def Lvl, 30min (Lv64 Seeker)

Edit: note, that supply stash Lv35 gave me 2 more Oracle I's with the usual 2 Oracle II's.
  • ZeverEdge - Lost City
    ZeverEdge - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Interesting....progression lol.

And the oracles bit doesnt surprise me a bit. Poor spiderb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Haters: So...is the game dead yet?b:question

PWI Community: Pretty much, West Arch is still the laggiest place.

PWI Economy: Agreed, and there is still active gold tradingb:surrender

Hooray for death of PWI!!!b:kissb:victory
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Pattern Growth of the Seeker's Crit. Buff :

Lv1 - Crit. +1%, 15min
    Lv2 - Crit. +1%, 30min
    Lv3 - Crit. +1%, +1 Atk Lvl, 15min
    Lv4 - Crit. +1%, +1 Atk Lvl, 30min
    ...etc
    Lv10 - Crit. +1%, +3 Atk Lvl, +1 Def Lvl, 30min (Lv64 Seeker)

Edit: note, that supply stash Lv35 gave me 2 more Oracle I's with the usual 2 Oracle II's.

judging by that id keep it at lvl 1 or lvl 2. 3 atk lvl and 1 def lvl at lvl 10 wont justify the spirit and coin cost imo.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    judging by that id keep it at lvl 1 or lvl 2. 3 atk lvl and 1 def lvl at lvl 10 wont justify the spirit and coin cost imo.

For all we know, it might be a pretty cheap skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This is a bump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Did they change the prexisting popup that appears when you make a new toon?

Idk cuz I don't know chinese, but it doesn't look TOO different.
    Oh! The "newbie armor" timed thing. Do all races across the board get that or just the EG? [...]

EVERYONE gets it. I know because I logged onto my level 3 cleric (which I made b4 the expansion hit open beta) and I had the countdown quest to get the timed gear.

Also speaking of timed gear the weapons from the supply stash (well the magic sword anyway) ARE TIMED NOW!!! b:angry lol

Not that it matters too much (to me anyway) Though I do think its really annoying lol, I like the glowing weapons lol

Also: any word yet on the rumored anti-sin abilities? (aka anti-sin-stealth ability?)
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
  • RaGEnGirl - Sanctuary
    RaGEnGirl - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I for one say great job, and thank you. We want to know something about this new class coming out and to tell u the truth I don't know what link to click when i got to the site. Bing 's translater finally worked but this is so much easier thank you thank you thank you! The "One paragraph" about the story line from pwe really hasn't helpful at all. This is helpful. Now, you little underground trolls sure wanted a look and learn something about the new classes or u wouldn't have looked here! If you don't have something nice to say just don't say anything. He obviously, worked hard and used his free time to help us. He said "UNOFFICIAL GUIDE TO THE EARTHGUARD" He did the research and all you guys did was cut him down.
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As a veno, one that'll probably stay a veno as a main, and one that likes animalistic pets most, I already see two things I'd love to see tameable there. One is the horse/deer thing at the beggining of first mistic movie, and the other are those goat-like things running around in earths FB19 videos b:dirty The running birdies look quite nice, too, but I don't think I feel like set an overgrown turkey on mobs b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I for one, appreciate the time you all took to create an unofficial guide, which undoubtedly will grow as more information is available.

Kudos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You have obviously never made a guide. It is normal for a guide to span several posts, and the maker of the guide to reserve several posts so that the guide isn't interuppted by asinine posts like yours.

I also want to chime in that it is normal to make a 'sneak preview' type of guide to try to show people what may be coming soon.

People want to know.. and a forum IS for information exchange..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Some interesting things I have seen;

At some point in the 15-19 level range you get a free timed glider (2 days, 23 hours). I don't know how to get it or anything I was simply going along and noticed I had an item in my inventory that could be traded via a quest at the mailbox for a flier. The item looked just like the "feather of gliding" that you get from the level 40 supply stash. The glider looks just like the level 30 one (I think) and has a level requisite of 15, it flies at +0.50.

Also my pet/summon thing was able to tank the fb19 boss at level 19 with almost constant healing (my heal skill was level 3) I don't know about DD because 2 seekers joined me to kill it but I do know that healing my pet burned 5,394 mp off my free 15,000 mp charm.

Also it could just be me but it felt like leveling was really easy via quests, I went 1-19 in about 4-5 hours.

Also about the butterflies seen floating around the mystic in one of the recent videos, they only appear once you get all 5 pieces of timed gear, and they go away if you don't have all 5 pieces equipped at once.

Also this will probably be unique to the PW CN version but if you answer the ****-Shield question correctly you get some free exp lol. If you don't you get banned for 5 minutes lol.
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Also this will probably be unique to the PW CN version but if you answer the ****-Shield question correctly you get some free exp lol. If you don't you get banned for 5 minutes lol.

wat

/10wats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    wat

I meant just what I said lol, in the CN version every now and then a box pops up with a human check question, answer correctly = exp, answer incorrectly = 5 min ban, don't answer it = 5 minutes later a 5 minute ban.

its supposed to prevent botting I think
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I meant just what I said lol, in the CN version every now and then a box pops up with a human check question, answer correctly = exp, answer incorrectly = 5 min ban, don't answer it = 5 minutes later a 5 minute ban.

its supposed to prevent botting I think

How much exp is it? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It scales with level I think but I just got 2,700 exp at level 19. (Which was all I needed to hit level 20 lol)
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It scales with level I think but I just got 2,700 exp at level 19. (Which was all I needed to hit level 20 lol)

Nice. If it gives that much exp then I would put up with the annoyance of having it pop up in the middle of questing. o-o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Xp from the anti-**** pop-up is random.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Xp from the anti-**** pop-up is random.

Are you sure? Because from what I have seen it gets progressively higher as you level, I just got 3,000 exp at lvl 21.
  • Alenta - Lost City
    Alenta - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The Mystic is like a veno and cleric rolled into one. I like it. Can't wait to try the class out.
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Are you sure? Because from what I have seen it gets progressively higher as you level, I just got 3,000 exp at lvl 21.

Well, I'm getting random numbers, sometimes got up to 5k exp then just after something like 1250 exp. Maybe it's related to the mobs you are killing when it does pop-up.

Sometimes, I even get nothing while I'm sure I answered correctly and didn't get banned.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So wait...will that thing pop up while you're afk somewhere or in a catshop? Or just while you're killing mobs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options

The skill max lvl is learnt at Lv64, if you compare with older classes, 10 Lvls of a skill that *ends* at lvl64 is usually between 300k and 450k coins to max it. Quite cheap I think.

Spirit cost doesn't make sense in PWI, we're usually short on spirit on low lvls but by lv100+ we get more than enough to learn everything.
    So wait...will that thing pop up while you're afk somewhere or in a catshop? Or just while you're killing mobs?

Only when killing mobs, but somehow I doubt the anti-**** comes for us.
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thanks for posting this guide Lupumid.
    I'll be referring to this guide many times in the future.
    I appreciate it. b:pleased

P.S. Oldblaze didn't ruin this guide.
    He is but a mere annoyance, like a zit if you will. b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thanks for posting this guide Lupumid.
    I'll be referring to this guide many times in the future.
    I appreciate it. b:pleased

P.S. Oldblaze didn't ruin this guide.
    He is but a mere annoyance, like a zit if you will. b:beatup

i agree and lol i love your siggy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Proclivity - Archosaur
    Proclivity - Archosaur Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ive found all the seekers skill lists however there all in pictures, so if anyone can read these post please!

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbbs.178.com%2Fthread-1542659-1-1.html

untranslated thread: http://bbs.178.com/thread-1542659-1-1.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Resistance is futile!
    ♠ Ascii - HL (Deleted b:sad) ♦ Fealty - HL ♣ Proclivity - AR ♥ Evenixus - HT
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It is my true and sincere hope that this new expansion helps the game get back on its feet. I just pray that this expansion helps make things better off than they are now....hopefully there are no more foolish sales such as this one...though I don't hold my breath.

I look forward to what's coming up ahead, with slight reserved skeptisism just so I don't get my poor little heart broken again.