Stop the random pk's

Options

Comments

• Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think the point of the op is he can't level his charcter past 30, because he cannot farm, quest, nor gain xp since he is killed constantly. I noticed on the lost server it is only like this. In harshlands it's a lot better, they don't go noob farming too much. You may not like to here this but perhaps switching servers is for the best. I won't suggest you go to PVE server seeing as you might like to PVP. I suggest you get yourself in a guild right away, because on either server you are going to get killed.

By the way if level 30's cannot level up most likely they will quit this game = bad business for pwi from the lost server. You won't see very many high levels, as most will have quit by the time it was low level. The point is when someone is pked to get mad and want to get even so they level their character. Patiently waiting it out. You spend more money to protect yourself from dropping gear, shattering it, loosing xp when you die, etc. The bad thing about this though is many like the op can't and won't spend hundreds of dollar just for someone to tick they're charms, ga's, etc. down. Especially if some high level is sitting outside pking every low level he sees coming out the city. If he ports to a new area, he still finds he cannot leave the city without being killed. Pretty much his hour or however long he can play has been disrupted. Many are finding this true. In fact when i wanted to play on the PVP server, i was advised by many not to pick lost because you will not level past 30. Whether that's true or not it certainly has earned the reputation as such.

I do agree though that they shouldn't tamper with the pk in the servers too much, but maybe it would help if an award system was implemented for the higher levels in helping the lower ones with quests. That way both sides can get something done and if you are pked at the very least some of the time there can be someone to help you. That way you aren't stopping people from freely pking. And once and a while a higher level can meet up with a challenge. I'm sure the higher levels will also like a little reward from time to time. It can be implemented like as a teacher, student quest. Although i do think the reward has to be something better than pking noobs since many people are getting good stuff from doing this. I think to the one with the most raised disciples should get special recognition as well as a good reward. Well anyway it's just a suggestion.

GL maybe you should send a ticket to gm's. They could use this kind of data, im sure they don't want low levels leaving the game. However if people just quit and don't send a ticket they'll never know this is occuring.
  • DinoRawrr - Sanctuary
    DinoRawrr - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    QQ more please xD
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think the point of the op is he can't level his charcter past 30, because he cannot farm, quest, nor gain xp since he is killed constantly. I noticed on the lost server it is only like this.

I totally disagree. I leveled my char on LC through the 30s not that long ago. And yes I did get PKd a few times but it wasn't that bad. Also, I often got my revenge as my Guildies often were able to track down the PKr and kill them. b:victory

The OP just has no clue how to play on a PvP server or simply wants to whine.
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    After reading some of the comments from LC players, the OP imo has only one option:

Reroll on another server than doesnt contain so many High level noobs b:chuckle
  • Queelen - Lost City
    Queelen - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I totally disagree. I leveled my char on LC through the 30s not that long ago. And yes I did get PKd a few times but it wasn't that bad. Also, I often got my revenge as my Guildies often were able to track down the PKr and kill them. b:victory

The OP just has no clue how to play on a PvP server or simply wants to whine.

Yes, one CAN level through the 30's but why would do it, if it's a constant pain in the **** and brings no enjoyment at all? I love PvP, but I don't consider one-shot killing as any kind of fight, especially not fair fight. I don't do it, never did and never will and I wish there would be more people understanding this, not just a bunch of idiots, who think this gives them bigger p*nis in real life. :P It's just grinding for useless, fake rank (we all know, that on servers like Lost City, PvP ranks come from high levels ganking much lowers all day) and should be called as man hunt, PK camping, harassing. Anything, but PvP.

All the people posting "Stop QQ, get used to it morons" are the ones who are doing the same, or been the victims of such at their early levels so rerolled at other server or now leveling up just to get their little vendetta and kill the fresh 30's. But when the lowbie get's bored of it and calls it's faction, these high level PKers are the first, to cry about being hunted down becaouse of their constant noob gankings. OR, the lowbie quits, and the high levels cry, because no one is around their levels, they made the potential players quit befor reaching more PK-safe times.

Playing on a PvP server means being on constant caution and when ambushed, get ready to fight back and even win. That's what I play for. There is nothing better during boring grinding to get injured by somebody and with raising adrenaline try to turn the tide for your advance. It gives good practice and experience. But being one-shot killed 15+ times a day by usually the same persons gives nothing, but disapointment. Meaningless.

Just to point out what do I think, bluntly (tl, dr version):
    Getting PKed IS endless fun and a good practice.
    Getting one-shooted a few time IS acceptable, happens.
    Getting one-shooted all the time is NOT fun.
    Getting instantly killed by the same persons over and over it NOT fun.
    This is the dark present, this is who I am,
    Long forgotten dead, deep in a cold cavern.
    Errant who got swallowed by volatile time,
    Fallen angel on the brink of endless abyss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    1) get close to a 3x noob
    2) wait for him to aggro a mob
    3) stun him
    4) ???
    5) profit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yes, one CAN level through the 30's but why would do it, if it's a constant pain in the **** and brings no enjoyment at all?

Well it was a lot of fun for me on LC, it was a nice change from HT where you only grind on mindless mobs.

But there are times when I prefer not to have to concentrate as hard. During those times I play on HT PvE.

It isn't that hard to have a char on each type of server. I would recommend a new player to start on a PvE server and learn how to play before venturing onto a PvP server.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you've ever played a game like Super Smash Brothers or Mortal Kombat, they often include handicap functions for precisely that reason, to make it a bit more fair to the player who isn't quite as good as their friend, and to make the victory of the more skilled player a little less hollow. "

Stop. Now you're getting into territory which is way out of your domain. That handicap system? It's a joke. Let me tell you a little story about a friend of mine.

Great guy. Great gamer. Great heart. Never touched a Smash Bros in his life, when Brawl came out, with friends who'd been playing since the 64. Needless to say, he kept losing, kept losing, but insisted we never take it easy on him. Well, as time went on, he got better, and better, lasting longer in fights. It got so he'd end up being near the lead, he'd end up being a decent fighter. Then, one day, he ended up kicking the **** out of all of us. Why? Because he didn't give up. The challenge we gave him pushed him past his feeble limits, and made him so much more powerful. If we had babied him, he'd still be a sucky noob, dying every single match. Now? We fear him, because we know he is our equal, if not our superior.

That is similar to the situation on the PvP servers. Don't baby the noobs. Challenge them. Forge them. Push them to their breaking points so they are reborn as something better, stronger, and more powerful than what has come before.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    stfu up n00b I liek pk'ing 3x and i'm proud of it, I mean...cuz you're able to pk 3x...so obviusly ur suppsed to and it'z cool, rite? rite?!
    tiem for me, as a 9x+ to show my intelligunce and represunt teh pk surver community.... wit tis intelligunt respnse
    *ahem*
    "QQ moar n00b gtfo less QQ maor pewpew pl0x!" b:victory

nao excuze meh, imma go sp and farm meh some 3x to get higher pvp ratingz and jeer teh n00bs wit mah intellgunt buddehs.

Also pve servers r teh suck. I meen u gaiz like to actually play pw and be respectful, idiotz.... itz not my way of playing so u iz all n00bs and carebearz!
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Agreed:
    Don't baby the noobs.
    But:
    Challenge them. Forge them. Push them to their breaking points so they are reborn as something better, stronger, and more powerful than what has come before.
    I don't think one can learn from being oneshoted without the opportunity to strike back.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't think one can learn from being oneshoted without the opportunity to strike back.

We've already had posters say they did, actually. They were talking about how they learned to be sneaky, how to avoid PKers, and how to get to the high levels which they now enjoy.
  • Queelen - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    We've already had posters say they did, actually. They were talking about how they learned to be sneaky, how to avoid PKers, and how to get to the high levels which they now enjoy.

How can you be sneaky about one-shooting? You hide behind a tree or a bunch of mobs and say: Yay, I was sneaky, they would never look after me here! :P Seriously. How can one avoid being PKed if some tards wait outside citys or questing spots for fresh victims all the time?

How is constant hiding/avoiding can be called playing anyway?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    How can you be sneaky about one-shooting? You hide behind a tree or a bunch of mobs and say: Yay, I was sneaky, they would never look after me here! :P Seriously. How can one avoid being PKed if some tards wait outside citys or questing spots for fresh victims all the time?

Sneaky, as in the one who learned to avoid West Gate, etc. And there are ways to level without quests... RB, anyone?
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok, I see your point. b:surrender
    <qq>I just can't stand the sight when lowbies die over and over again when they try to do their quests in SP for example. That is not a learning process but misery imho. No way to be sneaky there.</qq>
  • Kokonze - Harshlands
    Kokonze - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Pvp servers aren't unplayable. If you want to totaly avoid pk (god knows why) you can avoid unnecesary trips to hotzones (west Archo, Orchid Temple, Sacred Passage, Orchid Valley, Swamps etc). Watch your radar for people nearby, have life and anti damage pots for quick use. If you are constantly careful about who is around you then you can reduce the numbers of deaths due to being pked. Most noobs are killed because they dance around in hotzones without looking around, grinding when pkers are nearby, going afk outside safezones etc. Just stay alert and be prepared.(GAs, pots, charms etc.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Species>>>Half-Elf.
    Function>>>Rogue Cleric.
    Current Death Count (pk):0
    Current Kill Count (pk):0
    Factionless at the moment.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:laughu all ppl who QQ for being pked on a PvP server are just nabsb:laugh
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sneaky, as in the one who learned to avoid West Gate, etc. And there are ways to level without quests... RB, anyone?

So because of a few idiots a player should miss out on a big part of the game.. the quests ??

and yes like it or not those higher players who sit outside lowbie area's just to one shot them are noobs and fail pkers..no argument, no debate..end of b:bye.

If they want action go sit outside Immolation camp and PK the 80+ players doing their quests............but wait they might not win so cant possibly do that
  • Kokonze - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So because of a few idiots a player should miss out on a big part of the game.. the quests ??

and yes like it or not those higher players who sit outside lowbie area's just to one shot them are noobs and fail pkers..no argument, no debate..end of b:bye.

If they want action go sit outside Immolation camp and PK the 80+ players doing their quests............but wait they might not win so cant possibly do that

If you want fair fights you can choose a PvE server and do just that. On pvp servers fairness isn't an options. Thats all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Species>>>Half-Elf.
    Function>>>Rogue Cleric.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    R O F L XDDDDDDD ppl u chose the server the server didnt chose u

if u dont wana go to a pve server cuz u dotnwana be pked its ur choice and geting tio 30 is posible within 1 day b:chuckle cuz i dont see many high lvls complaining here
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Queelen - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Pvp servers aren't unplayable. If you want to totaly avoid pk (god knows why) you can avoid unnecesary trips to hotzones (west Archo, Orchid Temple, Sacred Passage, Orchid Valley, Swamps etc). Watch your radar for people nearby, have life and anti damage pots for quick use. If you are constantly careful about who is around you then you can reduce the numbers of deaths due to being pked. Most noobs are killed because they dance around in hotzones without looking around, grinding when pkers are nearby, going afk outside safezones etc. Just stay alert and be prepared.(GAs, pots, charms etc.)

I personally don't want to avoid it, but someone said in this topic, a few posts ago that PvP server is good for fresh 30's (who state elseway) and it's actually nice to get one-shot killed a lot, caouse it makes you sneaky, teaches you to hide, instead of driving away from the whole game. This why I said, it's quite laughable to spend your time sneaking and hiding all the time becaouse of a bunch of one-shooter high levels who love to camp on much lowers. You can watch that radar as much as you want, a high lvl PKer won't be highlighted on it, and if he wants to kill you, you can run or fly wherever you want, you get killed before taking two steps. b:laugh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you want fair fights you can choose a PvE server and do just that. On pvp servers fairness isn't an options. Thats all.

Thats why i chose a PvE server, when I go white name I know (most) of the other players are roughly the same level or higher.. so its competative = fun

Losing to someone with better skills and/or knows how to play their class better is fine, we all live and learn... losing to someone 50+ levels higher than you doesnt teach you anything. People just do that for kicks "cus they can" and/or havent the testies to fight people their own level.
  • Kokonze - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I personally don't want to avoid it, but someone said in this topic, a few posts ago that PvP server is good for fresh 30's (who state elseway) and it's actually nice to get one-shot killed a lot, caouse it makes you sneaky, teaches you to hide, instead of driving away from the whole game. This why I said, it's quite laughable to spend your time sneaking and hiding all the time becaouse of a bunch of one-shooter high levels who love to camp on much lowers. You can watch that radar as much as you want, a high lvl PKer won't be highlighted on it, and if he wants to kill you, you can run or fly wherever you want, you get killed before taking two steps. b:laugh

Getting one shoted by a high lvl will happen but that's part of the fun. It makes you more careful, more calculated and improves you. I've lvl many alts on pvp servers just fine. So it is possible to play on one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Species>>>Half-Elf.
    Function>>>Rogue Cleric.
  • KungFu_Fight - Harshlands
    KungFu_Fight - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    GM im in harshlands and HistoryX like pked my friends and like 3 other ppl i dont have a pic cause idk how to take one or post one but just bann him plz :\ for like a day cause i dont like to be mean :\ohh in sp if that helps :Dand one last thing Blakers is doin same thing 2 i got pked and whole squad did 2 we where wait in sp for tank to help with my BH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    COCOCOCOCOCOCOCCOCOCOCOCO >.> :3b:chuckleb:cute
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Someone PKed on a PVP server! PERMABAN THEM!
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • idontneedanick
    idontneedanick Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I am amazed at discussion like this. Really amazed.

PK is about thuggery. Nothing less. It isnt about 'killing', or skill. The point is thuggery.

I love competative fighting. Always have. I think it would be amazing to bring my old clan to games like this and kick **** ... I wont, because of PK. Notice that doesnt mean fighting. I love fighting. I have spent my online life on ladders competing ... fighting/killing. Not harvesting/grinding/tanking/pulling/questing/ ... eating mushrooms ... just killing. in Q1, Q2, Q3, all the unreals, T2, CS. I love it.

But at no time did I ever tolerate a TK - team killer - which is as lame as a PK.

Unrestricted killing should be encouraged between your guild (or guild alliance) and any guild (or alliance) that you are hostile with. Anywhere, anytime, by anyone. Otherwise, it shouldnt be allowed. As a programmer, this isnt a design issue. Its just lazy. Why lazy? They took the easy way out and are just not restricting player v player combat. It is more important to them to satisfy their need to avoid work than it is not to encourage thugs.

And thugs love it. High level thugs that camp waiting for single shots. Why? Are they seeking revenge? No. Are they at war with another guild? No. They are just thugs ... probably drunk ... that derive pleasure from the pain of others. The very type of people that you wouldnt associate with in real life.

I am not a racist and I wont repeat that. Some asian cultures have ... from their historys ... behaviors that are just as indifferent to life as the mmorpg PK thug. Understand that today, that behavior isnt accepted. It is historical. As I understand it, this game and others like it originate in asia ... or korea I believe. It may be inevitable that PK is included because of history. If so ... then our discussions are a waste of breath. That is just an observation that may or may not apply. I dont have enough experience to comment further on that question.

There is nothing wrong with fighting. Lets do it. But lets not be thugs. Lets not tollerate thugs. The designers should limit combat to between assenting players or hostile guilds/aliances. But we all know that isnt going to happen ... which is why I think it may be historical. (There is a cultural/historical theme in the west that despises the person that could be described as a PK thug. I"m not sure that same cultural/historical theme exists elsewhere. It may).

(unedited continuation from page 15)

P.S.
    Just reading the some of the sick rationalizations of people that are obviously PK thugs makes me sad for their community for their being in them. I just hope they arent near me. (The shut up and just take my thuggery group)
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ....................................carebears
    Quit.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PvP is damn expensive on this game: charms, dolls and ingame things can burn real fast if u fight always ur own levels

some ppl (I did it sometimes) like to kill lowbies for fun since it doesn't cost much, also the 3x may call the guild or friends and the thing gets interesting

for whoever of u that is complaining about random PK or PK when u are questing out of safe zone... shame on u, that's the PvP server, if u get killed while doing Krixxix u don't have to come here and QQ but group and take him down or avoid and grow till u can revenge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PvP is damn expensive on this game: charms, dolls and ingame things can burn real fast if u fight always ur own levels

some ppl (I did it sometimes) like to kill lowbies for fun since it doesn't cost much, also the 3x may call the guild or friends and the thing gets interesting

for whoever of u that is complaining about random PK or PK when u are questing out of safe zone... shame on u, that's the PvP server, if u get killed while doing Krixxix u don't have to come here and QQ but group and take him down or avoid and grow till u can revenge

That would make sense IF it were between guilds/aliances that were 'hostile'. Otherwise its trivial thuggery.
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    In fact, how often is the attack against someone that is unaffiliated?

I would be happy if they just required that a PK be affialiated and the victim of the PK were affiliated ... and leave everyone else alone.

edit - affiliated meaning a member of a guild/alliance.

I still think PKing fellow guild mates shouldnt be allowed and only allowing PKing of hostile guild members.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *level 90 player follows a level 30 around and pks them all day*

Level 30: Stop killing me!
    Level 90: Its the pvp server, deal with it!

Something changes in the pk system that costs the pkers somehow.

Level 90:b:cryb:cryb:cryQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ CHANGE IT BACK NOW!

Ironic, isn't it.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
This discussion has been closed.