Stop the random pk's

Options

Comments

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Pretty much it woud be the same in our server.....

Not really, I take the time to PK on Dreamweaver when I'm bored and I get a much higher angry PM density

EDIT: to the person who's going on about transferring servers, there's no code for that.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think the current year is 2009.

I wonder how tehcnologically dificult it is to move your character from one sever to another everytime you log in?

I mean with today's technology, you should be able to move your character to any sever you want.

Oh wait, its agreed that we will never have that opionb:laugh

With technology I am sure they can do it but at the same just with the updates we see there are errors that occur and glitches that people take advantage of.

If they allowed server jumping or a request for move I am sure somewhere along the line an item would go a miss and that would lead to more Customer Service fixing and I am damn sure there is more than enough Ticketing to go through each day not needing another issue to add to it.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not really, I take the time to PK on Dreamweaver when I'm bored and I get a much higher angry PM density

I am not in Dreamweaver......
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I am not in Dreamweaver......

Dreamweaver is a PVE server, however.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Dreamweaver is a PVE server, however.

Yups, and Zimbabwe and South Africa are both in Africa as well.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yups, and Zimbabwe and South Africa are both in Africa as well.....

...but didn't you just make a blanket statement about PVP and PVE servers and how much they QQ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ...but didn't you just make a blanket statement about PVP and PVE servers and how much they QQ?

I never claimed I was being fair about that statement :)
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I never claimed I was being fair about that statement :)

Oh my, I've been trolled.

EDIT: nevertheless, my point stands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    He is just practicing for the future, after all

PVE players = carebears
    PVP players = QQBears

PVE = carebears
    PVP players who QQ = PVE players (they just don't know it yet)
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Is there any way to link this thread with the char creation screen for PvP servers?

You know, so you have to scroll thru all these *lovely* responses before you get to create your char on a PvP server?

That way, those who enjoy the conversation and laugh at the poor, QQing carebears are in a good mood when they start building their char, and are ready to slaughter others once they reach 30.

And anyone who is disgusted with the responses they read can change servers *then*, before it's too late, and play the "lets do quests and explore caves" game with others like them.

Since, as stated above, you can't transfer a char from one server to another.

Then *everyone* is happy, and the QQbears get their playground all to themselves.

Wouldn't that be *precious*?

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Oh my, I've been trolled.

I apologize. You are right though, pvp players are usualy more vocal with their complains in the boards than PVE ones (specialy low level players), however, you will, most likely get more upset PMs ingame from killing people in pve servers, since pvp tend to be more around similar levels in pve servers, therefore getting more bruised egos. You also have the pvpers that forget they are still white and get jumped, therefore complaining they were not ready for pvp since they were getting ready for quests...
  • XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver
    XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    OK aside from "It's a PvP server"

What are the reasons for randomly* Pking players 30+ levels lower than you ?

Ie: killing everyone you see trying to do their quests in SP

* Random doesnt mean they PKed a friend or are in an enemy Faction etc
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Why not?

Randomly flying by and pking someone and continuing on your way after that. Can you tell me a reason why not to do that on a PVP server?

I can give reasons why you should not camp a lowbie and harass them but that is a completely other situation and can be dealt with through a GM intervention.

For example: FB29 Why not allow lvl 30's to get through and PK their helpers. That would just be as annoying so you might as well Pk everyone.
  • XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver
    XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Why not?

Randomly flying by and pking someone and continuing on your way after that. Can you tell me a reason why not to do that on a PVP server?

Ermm because its not a challenge, its not competative, but I suppose differant players have differant mindsets. *shrugs*
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I apologize. You are right though, pvp players are usualy more vocal with their complains in the boards than PVE ones (specialy low level players), however, you will, most likely get more upset PMs ingame from killing people in pve servers, since pvp tend to be more around similar levels in pve servers, therefore getting more bruised egos. You also have the pvpers that forget they are still white and get jumped, therefore complaining they were not ready for pvp since they were getting ready for quests...

Well said b:cute

As for people who kill lowbies, it's all about the e-peen. I don't do it myself but they just feel godly cause they can oneshot three people 40 levels below them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Less QQ More Pew Pew.

OH MY GOD,
    thats so original!

and @first poster, yeah get used to it, some people really get a larger E-Peen for being on the top 50 pk ranking.. I think thats the way life goes, some people just are pathetic. it happens in this server too.

They should add a limit indeed.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    (they just don't know it yet O.o muahahahahha)

lol.......
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You may not want to switch servers but if you really hate getting Pked. I would suggest that you do as it wouldn't take long to get to 35.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Faiha - Lost City
    Faiha - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I find this kind of funny. I've only been PKed... once since hitting Level 30. (I'd say twice, but the second time I was running past two people who were fighting and got caught in an aoe and it was totally my fault. b:surrender)
  • Water - Harshlands
    Water - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I find it funny to see people from heaven Tear's telling him what he asked the pkers not to do. That's pro imo...
    What's in my pocket, dawg? Big face hundreds!
    Just left the mall; bought everything that I wanted
    I'm Kinda mad with you haters, I'm really dissapointed.
    'Cause what you didn't tell the people is I got plenty money!b:cool (Plenty money ingame that is :3)
  • ZwyIIa - Lost City
    ZwyIIa - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Who's pathetic and who's not, that's a tricky question,

It differs on the point of vue,

Whatsoever... Rpk is kinda fun, hearing ppl QQing and shouting their frustation out takes the stress out.
    On the other side, Being Pked isn't nice...
    And don't say " i didn't know what a PVP server is"... U're playing a MMORPG,
    If u don't know what's pvp start playing a FPS at least it's does not need subtility.

Don't talk about lvl too... Everyone has been lower lvl once and got pKed.
    And RpK gives drop.

+ Do you start playing a game w/o reading the "how to play" guide
    Since u don't do that during the Downloading, Did u read the contract when u started?

That's all
    have a nice day.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    All I could do is laugh....sorry. b:chuckle

I was there...many of us were...It is not like YOU are the only one who is/has experienced this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Don't talk about lvl too... Everyone has been lower lvl once and got pKed.
    And RpK gives drop.

Yeah, 1% chance of getting a pickaxeb:embarrass

Pking noobs online is a matter of making up for inadequacies in real life. Those noob pkers are usually some kind of losers irl.b:chuckle
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah, 1% chance of getting a pickaxeb:embarrass

Pking noobs online is a matter of making up for inadequacies in real life. Those noob pkers are usually some kind of losers irl.b:chuckle

I have the same mindset when it comes to players as it comes to mobs. If it moves, kill it. If I can't kill it, try anyway. Whether that makes me a loser remains to be seen.

Besides. That "Level 30" could be a level 90, wearing noob gear to lure other PKers, you never know.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have the same mindset when it comes to players as it comes to mobs. If it moves, kill it. If I can't kill it, try anyway. Whether that makes me a loser remains to be seen.

That's not the same thing. If you don't loiter all day in an area with lvl 30 mobs and kill them when you're level 80, you do not qualify for loser-hood.b:victory
  • ZwyIIa - Lost City
    ZwyIIa - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *hint* RpK includes red ppl too.

Besides saying that ppl fail IRL is just childish, and a way to think that " i am still better tha him on some points",
    However they're is ppl who suceed in life And RpK just to annoy ppl, and it can be fun i guess, and some who do not.
    Same goes for PvE ppl, some suceed some doesn't.

+ I know money isn't everything... but if u need to RpK u need dolls, meaning u got money to spend on video games,
    It does mean u at least got a job that makes ur life easier.
    PvE isn't the same, u don't need as much money there.b:shutup
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    what is the purpose of a pvp server where players can dedide when and how they want to be pk'ed

You've missed the point, its not about them deciding when and how. Its about there being some lvl of fairness. If someone my lvl pk me and I dropped my aerogear I'd be mad, but in true fashion of a good fight I'd get over it. If someone 30 or 40 levels above me pk me and kept camping me out and doing it over and over and I dropped my aerogear, I'd be mad beyond belief. That person essentially is taking full advantage of another. I'm not real familiar with PvP, but I know enough to know its not balanced in any way whatsoever. A lvl 80-90 should not be able to 1 shot a lvl 30, especially not several times in a row.
    Since you seem to think anyone who says "QQ more" is a super high level...

Get over it. Like pretty much anyone in this thread said, it's a PVP server, and by now you know damn well what you're getting into. Is it annoying when someone uses a powerful attack, exploiting your physical/magical weakness, and takes you out in half a hit? Of course. Do they have every right to do it? Of course. As a 3x or whatever you are, your PKing options are very limited. When you get higher, they're expanded by a lot.

I'm a 65 cleric, and yesterday was probably the only time I've been attacked in a few weeks, and it was a BM who stunned and killed pretty much instantly. The only things I got mad about were the wasted doll and an MP charm tick at respawn, but I just told him "2pro" in general chat and went on my way. You're not gonna win them all, and probably the only time you'll get a "fair" fight is a duel.
    In the same breath you say QQ more and get over it, and then say you was mad about the same thing the OP is upset for. I directly quoted you, before you stick your foot in your mouth reread it please. Getting upset at all takes away your right to say QQ more and get over it.

Did you even read what he said?

He said, look at the bright side of things. Now when I reach higher levels I pk the red names.

How does that make him just like the Pkers who pk lowbies?

During all yuor Carebear rage you did not even read his post very well. He never said he would just PK lowbies.
    In all fairness, he did not mention what level, he just said red names. I read the post, tis why I responded. You just like to nitpick for sake of nitpicking. Given the rest of his post he made it sound like " its totally alright because when I get high level I'm going to do the same thing". Carebear for sure. Raged? Absolutely not. I can get my point across and not be angry about the subject at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Here's a tl;dr version:
    southpark_wow2.jpg

How do you kill that which has no life? b:shocked

btw bratfury I'm still waiting to see you on HT so I can throw flowers at your chat box... and little greater sign + 3 hearts like this: <3.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *hint* RpK includes red ppl too.

Besides saying that ppl fail IRL is just childish, and a way to think that " i am still better tha him on some points",
    However they're is ppl who suceed in life And RpK just to annoy ppl, and it can be fun i guess, and some who do not.
    Same goes for PvE ppl, some suceed some doesn't.

+ I know money isn't everything... but if u need to RpK u need dolls, meaning u got money to spend on video games,
    It does mean u at least got a job that makes ur life easier.
    PvE isn't the same, u don't need as much money there.b:shutup

No there aren't, they're all losers.b:pleased

And you don't need dolls to pk lvl 30s when you're lvl80.b:chuckle

Again, we're talking about different groups of people there. Pkers who loiter in lower lvl areas all day and pk lvl 30 noobs, as opposed to normal pkers.b:thanks
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have the same mindset when it comes to players as it comes to mobs. If it moves, kill it. If I can't kill it, try anyway. .

That is the reverse rule for when food drops on the ground.... Its ok to eat it as long as it does not try to run away from you or tries to figth back.....
This discussion has been closed.