Stop the random pk's

Options
White_Puma - Lost City
White_Puma - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Today is the first day i've been on this week for more than 20 minutes, and I've done a few quest so far. But, on each quest, I'm being pked at least 5 times, and its getting really annoying. There is no point in random pking, besides making people mad, then crying when they say anything back. Don't tell me to switch servers or anything else like that, I'm fine with my current server, just tired of the random pks, making me spawn in a town, and having to walk back to where I was. Now, I know high leveled pkers won't agree with this thread, and if you don't, dont post, don't continue reading, just hit that nice little back button on the top of your internet browser and get on with your life. I know I'm not the only person that is getting tired of all the pkers. Yes, there are PvE and PvP servers, but the PvP need to have an option like the PvE ones, or at least a new way to stop the 9x from killing 3x players.
One way I've thought of to help us low lvls out,(and anybody else that hates pkers), is a Lvled pking system. Where, if a player chooses to, they can turn it on/off at their own will. It will work by having a level requirement of people pk. If a lvl 95 runs up to a lvl 30-50, who is going to win? You guessed it, the 95. If there were a way, where the 95 could only attack others within his/her relative level, so he couldnt go around 1 hitting every noob there is. It could have, mabye a 5 or 10 level difference max to kill, so for example, with 5 levels, a lvl 80 could kill lvls 75-85 that, or with 10, lvls 70-90. The 10 level difference is nowhere near what most pkers kill. I've seen so many high levels, come areas where 3x players have quest mobs, and the pkers constantly pk them.
If you agree with me on the leveled pking system, post a support b:laugh if not, if you have suggestions to improve it, post them, or if you don't support and hate me for making this thread, don't post at all and just go on with the forums.
Post edited by White_Puma - Lost City on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I do not play on a pk server for that exact reason. I support you!
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sorry to sound insensitive bub, but:
    YOU PICKED THE SERVER.

There's a reason I'm on HT - so that I have the option to PK. (Blah blah blah words words wall of text here).

...Having expressed the summary opinion of virtually everyone who'll reply here, yes, I do agree it'd be nice if there was a way to prevent people from being complete jerks. Will it happen? Not likely. Best learn to play with the cards you dealt yourself.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Don't tell me to switch servers or anything else like that
    Translation: "I'm looking for a solution that involves others doing what I want them to while I continue to do what I want."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    QQ moar

had my wizzy being 1hit all the times during 30-40 quests, what should I say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Less QQ More Pew Pew.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    YOU PICKED THE SERVER.

There's a reason I'm on HT - so that I have the option to PK. (Blah blah blah words words wall of text here).

...Having expressed the summary opinion of virtually everyone who'll reply here, yes, I do agree it'd be nice if there was a way to prevent people from being complete jerks. Will it happen? Not likely. Best learn to play with the cards you dealt yourself.

Meh, noobs don't know the difference between pve and pvp when they first created characters, and PWI doesn't have any kind of recognizable warning. By level 30, when they realized this, they would feel too invested in the character to reroll. If they do abandon their character, they're more likely to move onto another game instead of rerolling.

PWI is losing a lot of new players this way. They should put up a red warning sign or something for pvp servers.
  • Chalkara - Lost City
    Chalkara - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    hey man, weve all been through this, just stick it out till about the 4x's, it will drop 2 once a day if u lucky....but yea, its a pk sever, its expected
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i was never pked till i got to west arch outskirt and thats all (")(^^)(")
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Translation: "I'm looking for a solution that involves others doing what I want them to while I continue to do what I want."

dot

10chars
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    stone him!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I know I'm not the only person that is getting tired of all the pkers. Yes, there are PvE and PvP servers, but the PvP need to have an option like the PvE ones, or at least a new way to stop the 9x from killing 3x players.

Well, you knew that it could happen when you choose to join a free open PvP server. Enjoy.

If the PvP server had the same PvP-optout option that the PvE servers have, it would not be a PvP server, but a PvE server b:laugh
    anybody else that hates pkers
    )

Everybody that hates random pkers choose to play on a PvE server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Meh, noobs don't know the difference between pve and pvp when they first created characters, and PWI doesn't have any kind of recognizable warning. By level 30, when they realized this, they would feel too invested in the character to reroll. If they do abandon their character, they're more likely to move onto another game instead of rerolling.

PWI is losing a lot of new players this way. They should put up a red warning sign or something for pvp servers.

This... if the OP picked the wrong server cause he was unaware of the difference then i can sympathize... luckily you're still a low level so rerolling is a valid option.

If the OP came to a PvP server with the intent to PvP and then realized omg he want to kill but not be killed then well... "shrug"? Once you're beyond level 30 it is fair game.

Btw Mother I think you meant newb seeing as noob is the insulting term. b:shutup
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There is no point in random pking, besides making people mad, then crying when they say anything back. Don't tell me to switch servers or anything else like that, I'm fine with my current server, just tired of the random pks, making me spawn in a town, and having to walk back to where I was.
    You cant have your cake and eat it too............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This... if the OP picked the wrong server cause he was unaware of the difference then i can sympathize... luckily you're still a low level so rerolling is a valid option.

This.

As much as you may not want to start again at level 1, you're not far enough along for it to take long to catch up.

But don't think that they'll remove PKing in the PvP server, and definitely don't continue on this server if you're unhappy. It's better to be happy with the server you're on, PvE or PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Ryyke - Lost City
    Ryyke - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I say you just stick with it. The random PKs decrease drastically once you hit level 40, give or take a couple levels. And hey, once you get into your high levels, you can have your revenge! b:laugh
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    For those of you saying he didn't know which server is which, that's his own fault for not reading. Because when you bring down the server list, right beside the name of it is the type of server it is, and the location where it is found.

Like This:

Sanctuary PvE West
    Lost City PvP West
    Harshlands PvP East
    Dreamweaver PvE East
    Heaven's Tear PvE West

Seems pretty obvious to me... Also, Random PKs are a part of PvP servers. Learn to deal with it, and level past that point. It gives much more of a sense of accomplishment to be able to say "I CAN" in a situation like that, than to QQ, and make people feel bad for you.

Edit. Seems the Forum likes to eat extra spaces. It's much more spread out than that.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lol, I love it. b:laugh

All the ""QQ moar" and "It's your fault" posts are from 8x and 9x players. Not a single high level player posting "Well, yes I think only being able to attack players in my level range (maybe 10+-), or penalties for attacking low levels, would make the pk experience more challenging and exciting and a fair and fun experience for everyone"

"QQ maor" translates to "I love ganking 3x, it's the entire reason I play pk, I'd quit if I couldn't". Half of players join pk servers because they feel being a selfish rude jerk is normal accepted behavior and well, they love being a rude selfish jerk to other human beings, kinda like bullies or jerks irl.

If you gank 3x all day you fail. Badly. Personally your name should be blue to anyone 10 levels or more higher than you, and if you think that's unfair, just admit you're all talk and can't handle real combat on equal grounds.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options

All the ""QQ moar" and "It's your fault" posts are from 8x and 9x players. Not a single high level player posting "Well, yes I think only being able to attack players in my level range (maybe 10+-), or penalties for attacking low levels, would make the pk experience more challenging and exciting and a fair and fun experience for everyone"

"QQ maor" translates to "I love ganking 3x, it's the entire reason I play pk, I'd quit if I couldn't". Half of players join pk servers because they feel being a selfish rude jerk is normal accepted behavior and well, they love being a rude selfish jerk to other human beings, kinda like bullies or jerks irl.

If you gank 3x all day you fail. Badly. Personally your name should be blue to anyone 10 levels or more higher than you, and if you think that's unfair, just admit you're all talk and can't handle real combat on equal grounds.

I only PK rednames, I don't gank 3x. Also, a higher level person has more insight to give a lower level. A 4x wouldn't know that getting to 30 isn't too hard to do compared to the higher levels, and a 8x or 9x will know that PKing does slow down as you get higher level.

Also, I joined PvP because I didn't want to have no recourse if something happens. If a low level guildie is being harassed by a mid-level redname, I can protect them in PvP. If my low level guildie is being KSed on a PvE server, I can't do nearly as much. Not to PK 3x. -_-

Way to generalize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

I agree with this.

Altho the OP picked a PvP server it doesn't state (please be aware that huge jerks who are 78 lvls above you will be waiting for you to hit 30 so they can sit and harass you all day because they have no life and this is how they like to feel in control).

Do you honestly think its "ok" for this type of behavior? A lvl 90 should NEVER be Pking a lvl 30-75. Unless of course said person is harassing someone they know or something.

I agree with a prior post. If you are 11 levels higher than the person you Pk your weapon should auto shatter. Which would mean if you chose to do it you would have to have a pretty good reason. Other than just standing at the local secret passage being a jerk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah...that tell us which servers are PvP and which are PvE, but if this is your first MMO, as it was mine, you don't know what the heck that means. I'm lucky my friends, who told me about this game, told me to join Sanctuary. I would have been angry to find out that I was on a PvP server. They don't really warn you much, haha.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Do you honestly think its "ok" for this type of behavior? A lvl 90 should NEVER be Pking a lvl 30-75. Unless of course said person is harassing someone they know or something.

Actually, I do. And before you get angry at me, I'll explain. I've played MMOs in which you could only PK people a certain amount of levels above and below you. It was a joke. You'd end up with people making level 1 alts who would go through and march through battlefields where the higher levels were always PKing, picking up the loot as it dropped off of the higher people, so they could send it to their high level alts.

This game really discourages that with the way the system is set up. Although you can't PK until 30, you can't fly, either. Cashshoppers, or Elves being the exception, of course. Meaning, it is a very, very large pain to get a non PK-able Alt to areas where people are PKing. My point? I like the current system. You have the choice to choose a PvP, or PvE server. This site has a starter guide you could read while waiting for it to download, which completely explains the difference. You have all the materials you need to make an educated choice about where you want to play. If you choose the PvP server, you should have known entirely about the implications of it, which is YOU ARE GOING TO BE KILLED.

Therefore, I say we keep the system the way it is. PvP servers are definitely a "Trial by Fire." You are going to be tested in every way possible, and at the end of it, you more than likely are the cream of the crop, as most people would have quit long before they got there. I chose a PvE server because I wanted a relaxing experience with my friends, who don't PK. Doesn't mean I don't love a good old PK every now and again, though.
  • kkammy
    kkammy Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LOL sumone is in the wrong server. .. . BIG LOL
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah...that tell us which servers are PvP and which are PvE, but if this is your first MMO, as it was mine, you don't know what the heck that means. I'm lucky my friends, who told me about this game, told me to join Sanctuary. I would have been angry to find out that I was on a PvP server. They don't really warn you much, haha.

If I see weird things beside what a server means, I look it up or ask someone as soon as I join. It's kind of important to know what you're getting into before you choose anything. Same way you should look up classes before you pick one and not blame the game that you die as a wizard because you use axes and don't realize you have to use spells.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Or maybe not. Geez, it's just PK people. It's not a deep spiritual insight into the darkest recesses of people's souls.

I play in PK mode on a PvE server because I like the excitement of being randomly attacked. It's fun. Meanwhile, I haven't PK'd anybody because, well, I don't know, I just haven't because it's not as much fun I guess.

Same goes for my low-level alt on the PvP server. So what if I get PK'd all day by high-levels? I'm not going to take it personally, or write a biting critique of their (wo)manhood here on the forums because I can't **** it. I'm just going to laugh about it, then go right on playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Luxado_Ranks - Harshlands
    Luxado_Ranks - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Lol really hard at the OP. God bless you, people like you make the pvp servers fun. Keep posting.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the everlasting stormbringer.
  • Gregen - Lost City
    Gregen - Lost City Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I support. When I first started MMO's I never joined pvp servers. Now that I play pvp it adds a kind of element that wouldn't feel the same without it, even though I don't PK people. A level range would be nice, cut out the unanimous victor. There's no point in fighting someone who has no chance, it's not fair to the lower level.

Btw don't listen to the flamers. They like to think they're better than other people and I question their self-esteem. But of course those kinds of people are to be expected in all forums.

Good luck.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    As long as they add level caps on the parties I would not mind.... That way players would have to run their quests with their peers, not with high levels.

Random means for no reason, I am sure they had a reason to kill you.... Maybe they did not like the way you were looking at them? Or maybe they heard voices in their heads telling to kill you.... who knows why they kill you..... But I am sure there is a reason somewhere...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    YOU PICKED THE SERVER.

This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • ahhao
    ahhao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you think you picked the wrong server and really really hate it, lvl30+ isnt too late to start over in a pve server...
This discussion has been closed.