Stop the random pk's

Options

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nah leave it open, give's people something else to talk about.......... no one has mentioned Nix's being OPed in days ................... oooppsss b:chuckle

Nixs ? WHERE D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nah leave it open, give's people something else to talk about.......... no one has mentioned Nix's being OPed in days ................... oooppsss b:chuckle

lol, Nice part is we actually can have a conversation. I may be on pve server but i feel as the others do i do not think the low levels should be free from being pked. On my old mmo even on the pve server you could pk everyone no matter what level. So many times at level 20 i was getting owned by a level 100. ^ ^ no big deal it didn't stop me from leveling, and I didn't cry about it. When i got into a guild i got more help. Most of the people on a pk server start out this way anyway.

My old game decided to alter the pk system and make it harder to pk lower levels. Now they are crying for players bad because the game has become boring. Even the lowbies won't play anymore because you can't pk without paying out 5mil. My point being do not tamper with the pk system leave it alone. You wan't the players to handle the situation not the dev's. However you can create things that guide the players more into helping instead of hurting. Why i suggested a few threads back about a teacher/disciple situation. Or a revenge situation. That way there is a little incentive to help from the high levels. Yet you still don't have to destroy the pk system. This game would be but hurt if they did anymore alterations to pking. I've seen it before in my old mmo.
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    close this cry baby post b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • idontneedanick
    idontneedanick Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Thugs always mock and blame their victims. Why? They cant believe they might be wrong. The easiest way to avoid that is to villianize those they victimize. Then, in their rather twisted and small minds, they are in fact the victims.

I have actually been blamed by a republican thug for my having allowed him to rob me of stock - he said "why did you let me do it?". You see in his mind he was the victim and it was my fault.

Ask any woman in this misogenistic world - the men that victimize them always blame them. Otherwise, he would have to accept that he was wrong. He of course is a coward - he wont treat men as badly as he treats a weaker woman out of fear.

Just a real world example of thugs. Same principle applies online except even more annonymity applies.

There is one positive thing here .... this is behavior they dare not exhibit in life. So they lead a fearful double life. Cowering in the real world and thugging lowbies annonymously online.

Come on, show some courage. Confront those that hurt you in real life and leave people you dont know alone ... or does that frighten you.

For the rest that rationalize that its just 'fun' ... stop the next cop you see and explain that you enjoy victimizing the defenseless online. I'm sure he will understand.

In the end its ... anything I do is fine ... because it is after all me. Prisons are full of people that think just that.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Thugs always mock and blame their victims. Why? They cant believe they might be wrong. The easiest way to avoid that is to villianize those they victimize. Then, in their rather twisted and small minds, they are in fact the victims.

I have actually been blamed by a republican thug for my having allowed him to rob me of stock - he said "why did you let me do it?". You see in his mind he was the victim and it was my fault.

Ask any woman in this misogenistic world - the men that victimize them always blame them. Otherwise, he would have to accept that he was wrong. He of course is a coward - he wont treat men as badly as he treats a weaker woman out of fear.

Just a real world example of thugs. Same principle applies online except even more annonymity applies.

There is one positive thing here .... this is behavior they dare not exhibit in life. So they lead a fearful double life. Cowering in the real world and thugging lowbies annonymously online.

Come on, show some courage. Confront those that hurt you in real life and leave people you dont know alone ... or does that frighten you.

For the rest that rationalize that its just 'fun' ... stop the next cop you see and explain that you enjoy victimizing the defenseless online. I'm sure he will understand.

In the end its ... anything I do is fine ... because it is after all me. Prisons are full of people that think just that.
    it's a game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    it's a game

It is a game ... and as such these behaviours really arent needed. They exist only to inflict discomfort on others for pleasure. Should that be tolerated? Really?

Thanks to whoever it was that pointed out this is from China not Korea. I had thought it was Korea - like so many others.

I recently heard a comment from Jackie Chan - that at the time I disaggreed with - it was "the chinese people cant be trusted and the government should be more strict and represive" - or words to that effect. I wonder if he is right? I hope not.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I PKed someone just now, a KOS lowbie.

Does that make me a gangster?

Oh I forgot to mention, you're also a sociopath. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It is a game ... and as such these behaviours really arent needed. They exist only to inflict discomfort on others for pleasure. Should that be tolerated? Really?

I love how people say that getting PKed is such an incovenience.

Step 1) CLick go to town, you do not need a res, you didn't lose any xp.
    Step 2) Fly back to where you were, 30 - 45 seconds MAX
    Step 3) Resume what you were doing.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wait, you actually think that the two are comparable?

Why not just compare PK to the taliban while you're at it, and go for full-crazy?

It's a game. When some random PK'r 20 levels higher than me tried to kill me last, we ended up becoming friends. He tried every dirty trick in the book to kill me, and I managed to slip away. We both laughed about it. It was a fun game of cat-and-mouse, and the mouse happened to survive this time.

I've had so much fun in PK mode on the PvE server that I made an alt on Lost City, fully aware I'm going to get ganked all the time. Why? Because it's fun. If you can't see that, it's because you have some sort of moralistic chip on your shoulder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Cardea - Lost City
    Cardea - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    woah pk is such srs business
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thanks to whoever it was that pointed out this is from China not Korea. I had thought it was Korea - like so many others.

I recently heard a comment from Jackie Chan - that at the time I disaggreed with - it was "the chinese people cant be trusted and the government should be more strict and represive" - or words to that effect. I wonder if he is right? I hope not.

You know you're border line offensive. Your're stereo typing different cultures based on comments that one person makes, or based on games that are produced, or based on the way people choose to play a game. How about instead of assuming, which never solves any issues just creates more, you actually mention a solution to the problem that benefits people other than yourself. These little hints make me feel like you are racist although that is an assumption on my part as well. So i won't indulge it further but you leave me with that impression.

Anyway let me break it down for you in another way. I play ffx or what ever game. I kill the enemy, i level, i gain items, i go on a search for the next enemy. I enjoy the game. MMorpg, now instead of a cpu there is an actual player to go up against. I kill the enemy, i level, i gain items, I go on to the next enemy. I enjoy the game. Look there is only a select few in the game that are asses and actually harass a player. You can spot them cause they will follow you, call you names, etc. TOS protects you from that you can screen shot it and report them. Do Not think just because you do not bother a player on a pvp server that you will not get pked. When you are pked do not think the person has a problem with you. There are people actually playing for other reasons than to harass and pick on players. Okay given people are a bit cold towards the op, because indeed he picked a pk server he should know this would occur. That is how some people are in life, some are blunt others are not. Some know how to socialize others do not. The message they are getting across is still the same. It is just a game. If people walk up to a police officer and say to him i terrorize people in my mmorpg, he would look at them like so what gtfo.

If people are farming noobs for a quota, it's simple take out the ranking. Will it stop them from noob farming, no. There are just some players who will pk all they see. Not everyone plays this game for the challenges. Should we eliminate both pvp servers because a select few don't like pvp, no that is unreasonable since many players are able to play with each other reasonably. You do not like pvp fine stay on the pve server. You have no right to generalize what type of people play on a pvp server. Nor do i have a right to generalize what type of people play on a pve server. It is a game, a game that people from all walks of life come to enjoy. We have complainers, we have bullies, we have sweethearts, lovers, fighters, etc. All of which come to enjoy pwi in different way. I find those who can't learn to find something to enjoy or adapt are the ones having the most trouble. If that is the case don't push your misery on to someone else. Complaining is one thing forcing your complaints and views on people is another.

Frankly it's about respect and tolerance, and on a pvp server wits. As i said i do not condone player harassment, but i still do not think low levels should be free from pk on a pk server. They have to have motivation to level, learn to get into guilds, learn how to be smart and protect themselves. Learn how to adapt. I do think something does need to be done so that if it is the case that level 30's cannot level up on the server that something be implemented, but whatever it is it does not bar people from being able to pk freely. However, just to see for myself I'm going to role a low level character on lost city. It makes no sense for me to argue this if i don't even play on the server.
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wait, you actually think that the two are comparable?

Why not just compare PK to the taliban while you're at it, and go for full-crazy?

It's a game. When some random PK'r 20 levels higher than me tried to kill me last, we ended up becoming friends. He tried every dirty trick in the book to kill me, and I managed to slip away. We both laughed about it. It was a fun game of cat-and-mouse, and the mouse happened to survive this time.

I've had so much fun in PK mode on the PvE server that I made an alt on Lost City, fully aware I'm going to get ganked all the time. Why? Because it's fun. If you can't see that, it's because you have some sort of moralistic chip on your shoulder.

don't even bother, that guy is just a troll.
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You know you're border line offensive. Your're stereo typing different cultures based on comments that one person makes, or based on games that are produced, or based on the way people choose to play a game. How about instead of assuming, which never solves any issues just creates more, you actually mention a solution to the problem that benefits people other than yourself. These little hints make me feel like you are racist although that is an assumption on my part as well. So i won't indulge it further but you leave me with that impression.

Anyway let me break it down for you in another way. I play ffx or what ever game. I kill the enemy, i level, i gain items, i go on a search for the next enemy. I enjoy the game. MMorpg, now instead of a cpu there is an actual player to go up against. I kill the enemy, i level, i gain items, I go on to the next enemy. I enjoy the game. Look there is only a select few in the game that are asses and actually harass a player. You can spot them cause they will follow you, call you names, etc. TOS protects you from that you can screen shot it and report them. Do Not think just because you do not bother a player on a pvp server that you will not get pked. When you are pked do not think the person has a problem with you. There are people actually playing for other reasons than to harass and pick on players. Okay given people are a bit cold towards the op, because indeed he picked a pk server he should know this would occur. That is how some people are in life, some are blunt others are not. Some know how to socialize others do not. The message they are getting across is still the same. It is just a game. If people walk up to a police officer and say to him i terrorize people in my mmorpg, he would look at them like so what gtfo.

If people are farming noobs for a quota, it's simple take out the ranking. Will it stop them from noob farming, no. There are just some players who will pk all they see. Not everyone plays this game for the challenges. Should we eliminate both pvp servers because a select few don't like pvp, no that is unreasonable since many players are able to play with each other reasonably. You do not like pvp fine stay on the pve server. You have no right to generalize what type of people play on a pvp server. Nor do i have a right to generalize what type of people play on a pve server. It is a game, a game that people from all walks of life come to enjoy. We have complainers, we have bullies, we have sweethearts, lovers, fighters, etc. All of which come to enjoy pwi in different way. I find those who can't learn to find something to enjoy or adapt are the ones having the most trouble. If that is the case don't push your misery on to someone else. Complaining is one thing forcing your complaints and views on people is another.

Frankly it's about respect and tolerance, and on a pvp server wits. As i said i do not condone player harassment, but i still do not think low levels should be free from pk on a pk server. They have to have motivation to level, learn to get into guilds, learn how to be smart and protect themselves. Learn how to adapt. I do think something does need to be done so that if it is the case that level 30's cannot level up on the server that something be implemented, but whatever it is it does not bar people from being able to pk freely. However, just to see for myself I'm going to role a low level character on lost city. It makes no sense for me to argue this if i don't even play on the server.

You should read more carefully. I stated that I disagreed with Chan at the time he made the comment and hoped that he was wrong. Is there a possibility that a chinese national understands the chinese better than I do? Yes.

I have posted suggestions a number of times. Search is your friend. In brief, my suggestion was (I am NOT a mushroom eater and have a decade and a half of competative experience in what you might call PvP) limit PK to players on hostile guilds/aliances. If players are on hostile guild/aliances ... anything goes with anyone anywhere anytime. Otherwise ... no PK.

I also suggested adding arenas. I would like to see MORE PvP not less, but in a more organized manor. Guild/aliance warfare over towns, regions or at the player level.

What I would like to see is the elimination of the miscreant that isnt here to fight but rather to annoy.

After all, the designers included guards literally everywhere. Why not just assume civil order with regard to individuals abstractly imposed by the guards while inter guild/aliance combat is left unrestrained.

That seems to me to be a logical system ... while the current system (or descriptions of it) seem perverse. Farming noobs? That will never be rational.

I am a programmer ... what you are seeing is a trivial solution in which once minimal conditions are met ... the game no longer has design features ... its laise fair. Its also lazy.

How about a PvP system - if players choose to participate - modeled after competative ladders or even leagues. Individual or team/guild based.

How about encouragind stand up fights of all descriptions from personal to aliance instead of shots in the back by cowards who are higher level?

There ... I saved a search.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    How about a PvP system - if players choose to participate - modeled after competative ladders or even leagues. Individual or team/guild based.

How about encouragind stand up fights of all descriptions from personal to aliance instead of shots in the back by cowards who are higher level?

How about you play a different game b:laugh

Look if people don't like the way PvP is set in in PWI then don't roll a char on a PvP server. Simple.

When I started my LC char I had misgivings that I would be constantly ganked since there was no level difference cap like there is in some games. But I watched a friend play and breeze through the 30s having lots of fun and I realized it wasn't as bad as had thought it would be.

Granted she joined a good guild and she has a great personality that made her friends even with the players that PKd her. But that is part of the SKILL of playing on a PvP server.

Having played on LC and can confidently say I know how I could play a char that constantly gets Pkd to the point they are KOS to virtually everyone and one that rarely gets PKd.

The rules of the PvP game are set some people like it some can't **** it and those just need to stick to PvE server.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Quite possibly it makes you someone who needs therapy to deal with your anger issues. After all, someone has to pay for all the tragedy in your life. Might as well be someone who can't punch back.

After all, they deserve what happened to you right?

Where I'm from, doing things you don't like others doing to you; makes you a hypocrite.

Wait, I have anger issues and I'm a hypocrite? Since when b:shocked

But anyways, really, I went through the same thing as all the people whining, perhaps worse because RQ was at its height when I was 3x. It's not a big deal, hit the return to town button and get back to what you're doing. OH THE HORROR.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    How about you play a different game b:laugh

Look if people don't like the way PvP is set in in PWI then don't roll a char on a PvP server. Simple.

When I started my LC char I had misgivings that I would be constantly ganked since there was no level difference cap like there is in some games. But I watched a friend play and breeze through the 30s having lots of fun and I realized it wasn't as bad as had thought it would be.

Granted she joined a good guild and she has a great personality that made her friends even with the players that PKd her. But that is part of the SKILL of playing on a PvP server.

Having played on LC and can confidently say I know how I could play a char that constantly gets Pkd to the point they are KOS to virtually everyone and one that rarely gets PKd.

The rules of the PvP game are set some people like it some can't **** it and those just need to stick to PvE server.

Excuse me?

Have you ever participated in PvP (in FPS thats all there is) ladders or leagues?

I have 'ganked' players literally tens of thousands of times. I didnt know there was any other type of game until WoW came out.

Your characterization that anyone that disagrees 'cant **** it' is nonsense.

PvP does exist in this game ... one place ... duels. PK isnt PvP. Yet, I would bet that most choose PK and dont duel. I know some do, I have witnessed that. Good on them. I have no issue with PK's if they are between hostile groups.

I dont want to even play with those that would PK lowbies. I do want more PvP ... actual PvP, duels, arenas to open warfare between hostile aliances.

PK as implemented is just laise fair design. This is a terrific game and can do better. At this point, the PvP system is the weakest element. It has a limited duel system ... which some use ... and PK which is just chaos, or at least appears to be chaos.

You want to PK someone, PK an enemy (someone your guild/aliance is at war with or hostile with) of your guild/aliance - anywhere anytime.

I would rather do that than model spree killers - which is what PK really is.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Excuse me?

Have you ever participated in PvP (in FPS thats all there is) ladders or leagues?

I have 'ganked' players literally tens of thousands of times. I didnt know there was any other type of game until WoW came out.

Your characterization that anyone that disagrees 'cant **** it' is nonsense.

PvP does exist in this game ... one place ... duels. PK isnt PvP. Yet, I would bet that most choose PK and dont duel. I know some do, I have witnessed that. Good on them. I have no issue with PK's if they are between hostile groups.

I dont want to even play with those that would PK lowbies. I do want more PvP ... actual PvP, duels, arenas to open warfare between hostile aliances.

PK as implemented is just laise fair design. This is a terrific game and can do better. At this point, the PvP system is the weakest element. It has a limited duel system ... which some use ... and PK which is just chaos, or at least appears to be chaos.

You want to PK someone, PK an enemy (someone your guild/aliance is at war with or hostile with) of your guild/aliance - anywhere anytime.

I would rather do that than model spree killers - which is what PK really is.

HE'S BEEN IN PVP, YOU KNOW.

lolcaps
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Rarely there are "pk wars" between 2 or more factions. That's the only "real" PvP i can think of lol. Sadly, the PvP usually ends pretty quickly due to one faction out numbering the other.

The Arena needs to be opened...the **** are the Dev's waiting for?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PK as implemented is just laise fair design.
    I am a programmer ... what you are seeing is a trivial solution in which once minimal conditions are met ... the game no longer has design features ... its laise fair.

*Laissez faire >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nahkimov, the focus was meant to be ladders or leagues - organized competition.

I was a physics major ... spelling isnt my forte. I could have checked it, but just didnt bother.

I would love to see guild lostcity declare war on guild plume and get it on ... between the members of those guilds with the software not allowing PK with anyone not at war. Anywhere ... in cities or not. I would love to see guild plume have to fight their way back into their own city. What fun. ... declare war, get to PK whoever is a member of the guild/aliance you are at war with.

And arenas for use between wars ... or to run ladders or leagues for competition between players or guilds.

And of course, if you are not at war ... which you wouldnt be if you were not a member of a guild ... you could just play the game questing without a concern about the spree PKr.

The only loser then would be the spree PKr and frankly I dont care. :)
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Rarely there are "pk wars" between 2 or more factions. That's the only "real" PvP i can think of lol. Sadly, the PvP usually ends pretty quickly due to one faction out numbering the other.

The Arena needs to be opened...the **** are the Dev's waiting for?

Not sure why the arena isn't open yet. I remember on the test server it was and was pretty fun. Now that i think on it most of the f2p have gone pure grind fest and opened up their cash shops like crazy. Or is it i've just become bored with the whole tab f1. I don't know, just seems like lately every mmo i touch is the same grind for quests, mobs, etc. You make good friends, but it seems so out dated now, or less excitement. I'm looking for some excitement, just seems more and more the games don't offer that. Like if i want to grind i'll play my ff games at least it ends. I guess there is tw but then after that what's next. Why i came to pwi because they had so much to do in game especially pvp. After cb i saw they took a lot of it out or it wasn't implemented. Still waiting on the races to open up. And lots of others stuff. It be nice if there was more to days mmo than just grind. That is off topic.

Look i'm not disagreeing with you on the PVP aspect. I don't see the challenge in killing low levels. I am concerned too. If they can't level from being constantly pked, they will quit. That can't be good for business. I am sure no one will invest money in a game they cannot level in. Yes this game could use more pvp and more pvp options. Still when you play on a PVP server, the game turns into player versus player. There is no level set, no honor, etc. You run the risk of getting pked by any level once you are white named. That's just how it works. Sorry to say but that is pwi pvp system if people don't like it they know what to do. By the way why does you suggestion remind me of a certain pay2play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_versus_player
    i thought this was a good read.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nahkimov, the focus was meant to be ladders or leagues - organized competition.

I was a physics major ... spelling isnt my forte. I could have checked it, but just didnt bother.

I would love to see guild lostcity declare war on guild plume and get it on ... between the members of those guilds with the software not allowing PK with anyone not at war. Anywhere ... in cities or not. I would love to see guild plume have to fight their way back into their own city. What fun. ... declare war, get to PK whoever is a member of the guild/aliance you are at war with.

And arenas for use between wars ... or to run ladders or leagues for competition between players or guilds.

And of course, if you are not at war ... which you wouldnt be if you were not a member of a guild ... you could just play the game questing without a concern about the spree PKr.

The only loser then would be the spree PKr and frankly I dont care. :)

You just keep talking, and talking, and talking, assuming none of us know what you're talking about. I come from a game, similar to the FPS PK games you're referring too. It was a Third Person Shooter based around Mechas. Which meant gear was an important part of the game. As a level one noob, you would get oneshot by people with the uber gear. However, you also learned to be sneaky as hell. Since anyone could join a room at any level, you'd have players of all levels firing at each other. So, if you really felt like it, you could watch two high levels duke it out, and just before they died, blast the living hell out of them. The game even rewarded you based on the opponents you killed. Nothing stopping you from doing that here, honestly. Take your little 3x character, watch some uber tier guys duke it out, wait for just that right moment, and AoE them. 3x PKing 2 level 90s. It's possible. Just have to use the brain you were born with, and actually pay attention to your surroundings.
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thats called Territory War.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This

/10chars
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options

Never seen it. Sounds fun.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Never seen it. Sounds fun.
    How can you have even seen an ad for PWI and no know about TW?
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Dont recall ever seeing an ad for PWI. It was mentioned while I was in 'another game'.

What I meant is I have never seen a battle for territory. If those happen (PvP) , then why would people want PK - except to be malicious?
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well it can be kind of fun to do with your friends. A sort of Spy vs. Spy thing going on, taking turns stalking each other and trying to one up the other, while Teritory Wars is more for a gang warfare type of thing.
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Are territory wars not held on the open? Is there a special place they are held? Or have they not happened in the last six months?
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Dont recall ever seeing an ad for PWI. It was mentioned while I was in 'another game'.

What I meant is I have never seen a battle for territory. If those happen (PvP) , then why would people want PK - except to be malicious?
    If you want to do a TW and not be destroyed in five minutes by 2 squads *cough* SG1 *cough* you need to be in one of the major factions for your server. And to get into one of those you usually need to be very high level.

PK on the other hand can be a blast and can be enjoyed by anyone 30+ (technically 30+ really 60+) There's nothing like hanging out at west gate and getting attacked by 4 people and winning.
This discussion has been closed.