Options

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *level 90 player follows a level 30 around and pks them all day*

Level 30: Stop killing me!
    Level 90: Its the pvp server, deal with it!

Something changes in the pk system that costs the pkers somehow.

Level 90:b:cryb:cryb:cryQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ CHANGE IT BACK NOW!

Ironic, isn't it.
    90 ppl that follows 30 ppl all day it's damn rare, and in those cases I think u could call a GM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I still think PKing fellow guild mates shouldnt be allowed and only allowing PKing of hostile guild members.

I PK guildmates that don't have charms/dolls to waste if I kill them to practice PKing on someone that I know won't have any negative consequences if I kill them. I'm not an expert PKer, so I use guildmates to practice so I get better, and they're fine with it b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • idontneedanick
    idontneedanick Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I PK guildmates that don't have charms/dolls to waste if I kill them to practice PKing on someone that I know won't have any negative consequences if I kill them. I'm not an expert PKer, so I use guildmates to practice so I get better, and they're fine with it b:victory

Sorry, but that is sick. I assume you arent referring to mutual combat.

But then I suppose it takes practice to become a skilled thug.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sorry, but that is sick. I assume you arent referring to mutual combat.

But then I suppose it takes practice to become a skilled thug.

It is mutual. It's always people better than me at PvP, and they usually win. o_O Also, since there's no arena, that's the safest way to practice PKing without risking losses, because a guildmate would pick up the drops and give them back if I died, and I would do the same for them.

My guildmates are better sports than you I think >__>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It is mutual. It's always people better than me at PvP, and they usually win. o_O Also, since there's no arena, that's the safest way to practice PKing without risking losses, because a guildmate would pick up the drops and give them back if I died, and I would do the same for them.

I consider mutual combat with a teammate sparring ... practice. Your initial description implied you were PKing them ... ambush etc. Different things.
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options

I am a great sport. I have led teams/clans on ladders and as a leader have had to deal with the inevitable miscreant kid that just wont stop **** with teammates. I have seen this problem from a different perspective than you it seams. My teams had two officially scheduled practices a week plus a scheduled scrimmage with another team.

And random team killing was seen as non-productive and was not tolerated.

You described PK initially not training. Training is good.

These games need arenas.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hmm, i thought about this too. What about a revenge list. For example a higher level pks a lower one. The lower player has an option of adding him to a revenge list. Then he can hire out mercenary players to kill that one for a certain fee. It's still a reward system, plus gives some excitement. Might just lower down pking on the noobs.
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    90 ppl that follows 30 ppl all day it's damn rare, and in those cases I think u could call a GM

It's alright, let Zoe have her fun. She's been posting all kinds of silliness for months now and she'll probably keep on doing it long after the current high levels quit this game b:shutup

2,540 posts and pretty much all of them are full of anti-PKer ****.
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The more I think about the cultural differences between east and west ... the more I am beginning to think I have stumbled onto something.

In asia, historically there have been 'classes' that were allowed to kill lower classes - call that justice as some have. I have personal experience - in the 70s - with the parents of the husband of a friend of mine who were of the samurai class. (I have never ever met more racist people in my life - and I have met members of the KKK, skin heads and neo-****. And I bet that characterization would not be found in Japan, but only in the west because of cultural differences).

I suspect this is why PKs are allowed in these games that have their origins in asia. It was a part of the culture for centuries.

What I also suspect is that the asian designers dont understand that in western civilization a PK is not a member of a class that is culturally accepted but a person suffering from an abnormal psychological condition. Meaning, that a culturally acceptable game in asia will have unexpected consequences in the west.

I would bet money that the complaints about PK's dont come from asia, but rather from the west. And for the reason mentioned above.

As a word of advice to those who I am quite certain will not read this post - you might find it more profitable to adapt this fine game to a western audience on servers that serve western markets.

... and it is ... otherwise ... a terrific game.

P.S.

Add arenas. :)
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Stop. Now you're getting into territory which is way out of your domain. That handicap system? It's a joke. Let me tell you a little story about a friend of mine.

Great guy. Great gamer. Great heart. Never touched a Smash Bros in his life, when Brawl came out, with friends who'd been playing since the 64. Needless to say, he kept losing, kept losing, but insisted we never take it easy on him. Well, as time went on, he got better, and better, lasting longer in fights. It got so he'd end up being near the lead, he'd end up being a decent fighter. Then, one day, he ended up kicking the **** out of all of us. Why? Because he didn't give up. The challenge we gave him pushed him past his feeble limits, and made him so much more powerful. If we had babied him, he'd still be a sucky noob, dying every single match. Now? We fear him, because we know he is our equal, if not our superior.

That is similar to the situation on the PvP servers. Don't baby the noobs. Challenge them. Forge them. Push them to their breaking points so they are reborn as something better, stronger, and more powerful than what has come before.

Yeah, the difference is that Smash Brothers is all about skill, however a game like Perfect World has statistics. Even if you become the single best tactician in the entire game, it still won't mean a thing against a player who's well over twice your level since they'll just kill you in a single shot with no chance for you to fight back. That's precisely the point, my suggestion of a handicap system isn't about babying them, it's about giving them the opportunity to stand a fighting chance against a player who's nothing but a bully.
  • Vanity - Harshlands
    Vanity - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The more I think about the cultural differences between east and west ... the more I am beginning to think I have stumbled onto something.

In asia, historically there have been 'classes' that were allowed to kill lower classes - call that justice as some have. I have personal experience - in the 70s - with the parents of the husband of a friend of mine who were of the samurai class. (I have never ever met more racist people in my life - and I have met members of the KKK, skin heads and neo-****. And I bet that characterization would not be found in Japan, but only in the west because of cultural differences).

I suspect this is why PKs are allowed in these games that have their origins in asia. It was a part of the culture for centuries.

What I also suspect is that the asian designers dont understand that in western civilization a PK is not a member of a class that is culturally accepted but a person suffering from an abnormal psychological condition. Meaning, that a culturally acceptable game in asia will have unexpected consequences in the west.

I would bet money that the complaints about PK's dont come from asia, but rather from the west. And for the reason mentioned above.

As a word of advice to those who I am quite certain will not read this post - you might find it more profitable to adapt this fine game to a western audience on servers that serve western markets.

... and it is ... otherwise ... a terrific game.

P.S.

Add arenas. :)

... you are thinking way too much...

Why change this game to fit western markets? just leave b:thanks
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think you are right about the cultural differences about player killing. Only in how each culture handles it. When i played on an Asian test server before i was surprised at how mild it was even though it was a pk game. You never seen a bored high level out killing the lower level masses. Everyone was so polite. That just isn't how things are here.

Changing a Chinese game to have western appeal sacrifices so much of what we like about perfect world. Also to point out Asian culture is not the only one that slaughtered the lower class and the weak. This is something that is repetitive through out history, in many nations. Even today we still see traces of such things which im sure many of use could name occurrences. Much of the western civilization we see today was brought here at the sacrifice of those that were helpless.

That being said stating that a westerner has an abnormal psychological condition because he goes around pking people at lower levels than him/her is very extreme. This person may just be pking for higher number rankings. It might be a little kid who doesn't like loosing. Or perhaps people actually noob farming for drops off them, since it is harder to get drops from level 100 mobs. If it was out of harassment then he/she would show a pattern of such. If it was a mental disorder than many of us could be accused of such when we do pvp, tw, pk, dueling, etc.

I am sure many of the Asian's go through the same complaints, you just don't see it on these forums because they are banned from our region. America doesn't just decide all of the changes a dev makes to pwi, they have to consider all of the user base. Remember this game just came out here, it's been out there for years. They have content and things we still don't have.
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think you are right about the cultural differences about player killing. Only in how each culture handles it. When i played on an Asian test server before i was surprised at how mild it was even though it was a pk game. You never seen a bored high level out killing the lower level masses. Everyone was so polite. That just isn't how things are here.

Changing a Chinese game to have western appeal sacrifices so much of what we like about perfect world. Also to point out Asian culture is not the only one that slaughtered the lower class and the weak. This is something that is repetitive through out history, in many nations. Even today we still see traces of such things which im sure many of use could name occurrences. Much of the western civilization we see today was brought here at the sacrifice of those that were helpless.

That being said stating that a westerner has an abnormal psychological condition because he goes around pking people at lower levels than him/her is very extreme. This person may just be pking for higher number rankings. It might be a little kid who doesn't like loosing. Or perhaps people actually noob farming for drops off them, since it is harder to get drops from level 100 mobs. If it was out of harassment then he/she would show a pattern of such. If it was a mental disorder than many of us could be accused of such when we do pvp, tw, pk, dueling, etc.

I am sure many of the Asian's go through the same complaints, you just don't see it on these forums because they are banned from our region. America doesn't just decide all of the changes a dev makes to pwi, they have to consider all of the user base. Remember this game just came out here, it's been out there for years. They have content and things we still don't have.

The only thing that I see that might be cultural problematic is PK. I wouldnt change the game in general - just adapt for a market. Did you notice the game uses english? That is an adaptation.

This has nothing to do with the US. Western culture generally considers a person who 'PKs' to be aberrant. That is as much a part of western civilization as the samurai class is a part of Japanese culture - and I suspect that could be generalized to asia. (It certainly is in SW asia).

Peoples responses will depend to some extent on their cultural context.

This is a busines. A minor adaptation might result in more profits. I for one dont think much of PK's and I am certain this is cultural. (PK as opposed to PVP. I'm very PVP oriented).
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ... you are thinking way too much...

Profit. Or can you read Korean?
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The only thing that I see that might be cultural problematic is PK. I wouldnt change the game in general - just adapt for a market. Did you notice the game uses english? That is an adaptation.

This has nothing to do with the US. Western culture generally considers a person who 'PKs' to be aberrant. That is as much a part of western civilization as the samurai class is a part of Japanese culture - and I suspect that could be generalized to asia. (It certainly is in SW asia).

Peoples responses will depend to some extent on their cultural context.

This is a busines. A minor adaptation might result in more profits. I for one dont think much of PK's and I am certain this is cultural. (PK as opposed to PVP. I'm very PVP oriented).

Yes a business that is making profit off the fact that it is not a western game. Sorry but if you tamper with the pk system too much, it will cause the PVP player base to lose interest in the game. It is already very expensive to play on the PVP server. If they lose their player base because of changes that have been made where is the profit in this. No offense but the mass does not want to play a western game if they did they would have selected one already and not come to pwi. I do agree that something does need to be done so that the lower levels are at least able to level and play, but i do not think they should be free from being pked, it comes with the territory. As stated if you do not like the style of PVP in this game then it's best you remain on a PVE server where you can chose to PK whenever you want at whatever level you want.

I do not know why you are comparing western culture to mmo culture. In all the games i have plaid I find what today civilization/culture to believe totally different from what's practiced in the mmo world. Player killing is done by all of us whether it's on a single player, multiplayer, or mmorpg. That is not frowned upon by the westerner, because in everyone's head it is just a game and in the end i turn off my consule, computer etc. and go back to my normal life. It's strange that people link pking in a game to actual murder or killing in real life. When most of us will never do or think of such a thing. You see i know the difference in killing a pixel and killing a flesh and blood life. With a flash of a wand that pixel can come back good as new with a res. For a real human life that is totally different.

Strange how you generalize the samuria class as a killing culture apart of japan, but dont recognize the westerner among the same. These people were trained assasins by the government, some trained soldiers. How is that any different from any other culture who also did the same. As i state before killing is apart of every culture in history including westerners. We frown upon such now, but so do many other nations including Japan. Those are events that happened in their past. If i was to say these games are based on culture than i would have to say they represent war. Since pvp isn't a new aspect to any new game even the western ones have pvp much that are more brutal than this especially in their army games.

Also adapting this game from Chinese to English is not making this game western it's simply translating the game so that we can understand what is being said in their language. Just as if i was going to china myself and need an interpreter. To be honest all i here is this is what i want and how it should be. However what works for you will not work for everyone. As i stated before a good business needs to appease to many not a select few.
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

If thats sarcasm well done ..... if its not .then it fails on so many levels. The game (PWI version) is aimed at the Western market, and things should be adapted to suit its target market or if not its bad buisness sense......... and Im not just talking PK/PvP, this could also include content updates, cash shop items, hell even what style of new fashion they incorperate.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Actually, for some reason a lot of westerners are obsessed with Asian culture, especially Japanese. Ask a lot of modern westerners which is cooler, a cowboy, a knight in shining armour, or a ninja chances are good they'll say ninja. And look at modern cartoons, half of what you see on TV these days are either anime, or faux anime. Conversely a lot of young Japanese these days are obsessed with western culture. Take a bunch of Mickey Mouse, or Bugs Bunny paraphernalia with you to Japan, and you'll leave with a nice profit.
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Actually, for some reason a lot of westerners are obsessed with Asian culture, especially Japanese. Ask a lot of modern westerners which is cooler, a cowboy, a knight in shining armour, or a ninja chances are good they'll say ninja. And look at modern cartoons, half of what you see on TV these days are either anime, or faux anime. Conversely a lot of young Japanese these days are obsessed with western culture. Take a bunch of Mickey Mouse, or Bugs Bunny paraphernalia with you to Japan, and you'll leave with a nice profit.

Rofl so true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options

Exactly my point. This business is not stupid they know the Asian culture is appealing to us that is why this game is showing high profit margins. The game has an exotic appeal, so to speak. They would be destroying their key market seller if they changed it to a western style game.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's actually kind of funny in a way. Just a few decades ago, it would have been the exact opposite, when my father was growing up, had you asked which was cooler a cowboy, a knight in shining armour, or a ninja most of the kids would have said cowboy, with the knight coming in second, and the ninja dead last. Look at the film the Seven Samurai, when they decided to try to adapt it for American audiences back in 1960, they could have kept the original concept, but instead they adapted the film to the west, changing the ronin to a band of gunslinging cowboys to appeal to the American audience at the time. And again in 1980 it was remade with the current American audience in mind, changing the setting to a futuristic science fiction space adventure. Today's audience though the original concept would probably work best.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    OMG, this is getting too funny.b:laugh

So this discussion has degenerated into psychological and cultural problems just because you like to PK?

PKing is entertainment. It is defeating pixels using skill. Yes in some cases you get high level bullies. But if you play on a PvP server you learn to deal with that.

That is what someone earlier meant by learning from being PKd. You become sneaky, vigilant, have alts so you can log off when you have an annoying stalker, join a good guild, leave all valuables in bank or bind them, learn to make high level friends, avoid doing things that make you instant targets at a low level ie. a level 30 is gonna have a LOT of problems if he names his char "the UltimatePKr". I remember grinding in the 30s and there was some char with the name "Jesus.. something" the PKrs repeatedly passed by me and kept Pking this guy because they got annoyed by the name.

I could go on and on...

And BTW ... no contest, there is no way a medieval knight is any way as cool as a Ninja or martial artist. Part of the reason is that the history and skill level behind the Asian fighters goes back more than a Millennia longer than the Western ones and therefore there is much more history, skill and development in those arts. b:victory
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yes a business that is making profit off the fact that it is not a western game. Sorry but if you tamper with the pk system too much, it will cause the PVP player base to lose interest in the game. It is already very expensive to play on the PVP server. If they lose their player base because of changes that have been made where is the profit in this. No offense but the mass does not want to play a western game if they did they would have selected one already and not come to pwi. I do agree that something does need to be done so that the lower levels are at least able to level and play, but i do not think they should be free from being pked, it comes with the territory. As stated if you do not like the style of PVP in this game then it's best you remain on a PVE server where you can chose to PK whenever you want at whatever level you want.

There were earlier comments to the effect that the asia version of this game is polite and doesnt feature much noob PK. If you are an asian fan, model that please.

I do not know why you are comparing western culture to mmo culture. In all the games i have plaid I find what today civilization/culture to believe totally different from what's practiced in the mmo world. Player killing is done by all of us whether it's on a single player, multiplayer, or mmorpg. That is not frowned upon by the westerner, because in everyone's head it is just a game and in the end i turn off my consule, computer etc. and go back to my normal life. It's strange that people link pking in a game to actual murder or killing in real life. When most of us will never do or think of such a thing. You see i know the difference in killing a pixel and killing a flesh and blood life. With a flash of a wand that pixel can come back good as new with a res. For a real human life that is totally different.

I'm not comparing western culture to mmo culture. I have no idea what mmo culture is. But I do know that Coke when initially marketed in china didnt adapt and their name translated to something like I drink your ancestors. ... the adapted and today make loads of money.

Strange how you generalize the samuria class as a killing culture apart of japan, but dont recognize the westerner among the same. These people were trained assasins by the government, some trained soldiers. How is that any different from any other culture who also did the same. As i state before killing is apart of every culture in history including westerners. We frown upon such now, but so do many other nations including Japan. Those are events that happened in their past. If i was to say these games are based on culture than i would have to say they represent war. Since pvp isn't a new aspect to any new game even the western ones have pvp much that are more brutal than this especially in their army games.

The only analog is the european knight ... who was authorized to deliver justice on the spot. And that was short lived. The samurai that I have met ... have you met any ... were foul. I'm certain the would not be considered so in Japan. But in the west, they out do the Klan in hate of other races and classes.

Also adapting this game from Chinese to English is not making this game western it's simply translating the game so that we can understand what is being said in their language. Just as if i was going to china myself and need an interpreter. To be honest all i here is this is what i want and how it should be. However what works for you will not work for everyone. As i stated before a good business needs to appease to many not a select few.

Again, you are fixating on 'western'. I am suggesting that we are drinking our dead ancestors with regard to PK - which apparently isnt of great importance on the asian servers.
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    OMG, this is getting too funny.b:laugh

So this discussion has degenerated into psychological and cultural problems just because you like to PK?

PKing is entertainment. It is defeating pixels using skill. Yes in some cases you get high level bullies. But if you play on a PvP server you learn to deal with that.

That is what someone earlier meant by learning from being PKd. You become sneaky, vigilant, have alts so you can log off when you have an annoying stalker, join a good guild, leave all valuables in bank or bind them, learn to make high level friends, avoid doing things that make you instant targets at a low level ie. a level 30 is gonna have a LOT of problems if he names his char "the UltimatePKr". I remember grinding in the 30s and there was some char with the name "Jesus.. something" the PKrs repeatedly passed by me and kept Pking this guy because they got annoyed by the name.

I could go on and on...

And BTW ... no contest, there is no way a medieval knight is any way as cool as a Ninja or martial artist. Part of the reason is that the history and skill level behind the Asian fighters goes back more than a Millennia longer than the Western ones and therefore there is much more history, skill and development in those arts. b:victory

People that dont see others as human - but rather as objects are sociopaths psychologically. You may find that normal, psychologists do not.

I see no difference between that and PKing pixels. Pure objectification.
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options

Again I suggested that PK may be a problem in western cultures. I personally am not trying to be asian nor do I expect asians to be anything else. I like the game as it is with the exception of PK. (Even then PK between members of hostile guilds/aliances would be fine)

It has been said in this thread that asians do not use PK the way westerners do. My opinion is that PK attracts the malignant in the western culture while not in asian culture. I'm not sure why ... except that I understand there is a very different cultural history between the two.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well one thing to note is how much more of a role the concept of honour plays in many Asian societies. For instance, say you had a brother and he did something that earned him a severe **** kicking. In western society, a lot of people would just shrug and say, "Hey bro, you had it coming." But in Japan whether he deserved it or not, you'd still be expected to defend your brother, even if you personally couldn't stand him and wanted to kick his **** yourself, and if you didn't you'd be dishonoring your family, and would effectively become dead to them.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm just going to say one thing here. This is an example of the human race at its "finest". You have the people who sit there, and have an intellectual debate about something like this, and the people who accept it for what it is, and deals with it, enjoys it, or whatever have you. Me? I'm in the middle ground, usually. But come on, people. This is getting ridiculous. Just because you have a group of people who like to WTFPWN others doesn't mean it's some deep dark window into the human psyche.

Hell, if I'd rolled on a PvP server, I'd probably kill the nooblets as I passed by as well. Why? Why not? We've all been noobs at one point. Some of us still are. I actually had a very pleasant conversation with a high level guy who PKed me when I decided to see what that little button did at level 30. I didn't get butthurt, I didn't get upset, and instead, I learned a little about my world.

So, yeah. I'll come right out and say it. I'd be one of those high levels that would kill a random person if my fancy took to it. If nothing else, just to test the depths of their character. If you QQ, and whine about how cheap, or whatever I am, then I'll probably ignore you, maybe kill you again at some other date. But if you took it as it came, and moved on, and PMed me afterward being civil, I might even take the time to help you later on, as you've proven to be a person of decent character.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Don't know about anyone else, but I've never been a noob, I've been a newb, but never a noob.
  • Akash - Harshlands
    Akash - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Seriously, what the hell is this thread about. All im reading in the last posts are things about asian things, psychological **** w/e.

Anyway, i agree what the guy said above me. ^^ (Isala)

But.. i dont see the point. What fun is it to lvl, if ur not making use of ur power? Im lvling to get higher, to get better than ppl and to pk more.

Thats why im playing the game, thats why im on a pvp server. And random pk is just the best. It's kinda cool to see how strong you got, killing all these low levels while they are trying to get you 5 on 1 and u beat them easily.

Thats how the game is meant to be played.

Well, thats what I think :)
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I fenced in college.

Everyone used the same equipment and met on the strip.

No buffs, no mushrooms ... just you and your foil.

And it wasnt anonymous. If you sucked, it would be recorded that you sucked.

I was trained to fence by a gold medalist in the Olympics from Romania - Jan Drimba.

This game is not skill based - and I dont mean magical skills - I mean YOUR skills.

It is gear based. The idea that someone feels better about themselves because they ... with better gear ... defeat others with lesser gear is just sick. Its like fencing with a gun. But then many here wouldnt consider that unusual.

The give a fk attitude that I see here is disturbing. And the idea that a player loaded with better gear who recreationally PK's someone actually expecting respect is just precious.

... and disturbing.

Do us all a favor and dont have kids please.

P.S.
    As a comment ... it would be better if there were arenas and more of a competative structure. Other games have that but dont exploit it. Actual recorded competition on ladders which yielded champions would be a great use of your amazing skills. But then you would have to fight someone that could actually fight back. May not be your thing.
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This game is not skill based - and I dont mean magical skills - I mean YOUR skills.

It is gear based. The idea that someone feels better about themselves because they ... with better gear ... defeat others with lesser gear is just sick. Its like fencing with a gun. But then many here wouldnt consider that unusual.

Welcome to MMORPGS.
This discussion has been closed.