This game will die unless...

Options
Ponza - Lost City
Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
You guessed it, PWI does something about the phoenix bugs. The nix is the single biggest factor in world PvP currently, the side with more skilled nix users is usually the one that will win. What kinda fun is that?

You can say I'm QQ'ing, I don't care, but It's pretty obvious that PWI doesn't care at all for game balance, only extracting as much money out of the playerbase before everyone leaves for better balanced pvp, and ruining their reputation in the US as a result.

Here I'll sum up in one paragraph all the advantages of a nix :)

The phoenix currently has high magical defense, high physical defense, good evasion, high hp, insane flying speed, is immune to stun/seal/most status effects, does 100% damage in pvp with flesh ream, receives no air-to-ground penalties, has a ranged stun that prevents heiro ticks, and is able to attack players while the veno kites safely with no chance of being hit.

I've seen and experienced firsthand how much a phoenix affects pvp. Genies will not help, they cost a lot of money to maintain and use, and it will only end up so that non-venos are forced to pay money and skill slots to counter nixes, funny how PWI decides to implement a pseudo-fix for Flesh Ream that won't really help much, but will cost money to use? b:angry

So can we please get an official word from admins on the phoenix and its many bugs? Or does PWI just not care?
Post edited by Ponza - Lost City on

Comments

• takaidira
    takaidira Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You guessed it, PWI does something about the phoenix Flesh Ream. The nix is the single biggest factor in world PvP currently, the side with more skilled nix users is usually the one that will win. What kinda fun is that?

You can say I'm QQ'ing, I don't care, but It's pretty obvious that PWI doesn't care at all for game balance, only extracting as much money out of the playerbase before everyone leaves for better balanced pvp, and ruining their reputation in the US as a result.

The phoenix currently has high magical defense, high physical defense, good evasion, insane flying speed, is immune to stun/seal/most status effects, does 100% damage in pvp with flesh ream, receives no air-to-ground penalties, has a ranged stun that prevents heiro ticks, and is able to attack players while the veno kites safely with no chance of being hit.

I've seen and experienced firsthand how much a phoenix affects pvp. Genies will not help, they cost a lot of money to maintain and use, and it will only end up so that non-venos are forced to pay money and skill slots to counter nixes, funny how PWI decides to implement a pseudo-fix for Flesh Ream that won't really help much, but will cost money to use? b:angry

So can we please get an official word from admins on the phoenix and its many bugs? Or does PWI just not care?

according to them they beleive pvp means they are allowed to abuse it and do w/e they want so basiclly they want them to go killing lowibies and useing stupid stuff like that
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You guessed it, PWI does something about the phoenix bugs. The nix is the single biggest factor in world PvP currently, the side with more skilled nix users is usually the one that will win. What kinda fun is that?

The phoenix currently has high magical defense, high physical defense, good evasion, insane flying speed, is immune to stun/seal/most status effects, does 100% damage in pvp with flesh ream, receives no air-to-ground penalties, has a ranged stun that prevents heiro ticks, and is able to attack players while the veno kites safely with no chance of being hit.

b:beatenup
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    takaidira wrote: »
    according to them they beleive pvp means they are allowed to abuse it and do w/e they want so basiclly they want them to go killing lowibies and useing stupid stuff like that

b:beatenup
  • infrared02
    infrared02 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    its not nix, its only flesh ream bugged get it right people v.v
    and when did nix became immune to stuns lol
    nix's stun skill have a 1 min cooldown, 80% chance and lasts for 3sec, it shouldnt even be a factor to mention..

get some purify apoth pots and remove bleed, yes suddenly pvp takes skill and timing now? zomg
    also genies are coming out with bloodclot which also removes bleed zomg better go train ur timing with skillsb:shutup
  • takaidira
    edited May 2009
    Options
    infrared02 wrote: »

get some purify apoth pots and remove bleed, yes suddenly pvp takes skill and timing now? zomg
    also genies are coming out with bloodclot which also removes bleed zomg better go train ur timing with skillsb:shutup

those the only good new thing, cuase venos will no longer be able to do that bull of pking from safe anymore
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It won't die and that Includes PvP as I play another game that is all about Balanced PvP.It is another free game although you do have to buy the game but it no monthly fees.It is still going so is pvp although the best top guilds quit as it was not easy to balance as well as the changes to guild halls.

You really don't know what a pvp game is untill you play it as well skills get balanced monthly.This game won't die because of pet and pve is 80% of the playerbase.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It won't die and that Includes PvP as I play another game that is all about Balanced PvP.It is another free game although you do have to buy the game but it no monthly fees.It is still going so is pvp although the best top guilds quit as it was to balance as well as the changes to guild halls.

You really don't know what a pvp game is untill you play it as well skills get balanced monthly.This game won't die because of pet and pve is 80% of the playerbase.

pm me the game im curious as to what it is.
  • Ponza - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    takaidira wrote: »

I honestly can't blame them for using the phoenix bug, its PWI that is letting them do this. They are simply taking advantage of the bug, and honestly a Good nix user who knows what he is doin is unbeatable in pvp unless heavily outnumbered, and yes I've seen it firsthand.

I'm not complaining about the people who use nix, I'm complaining about PWI's lack of action and not caring that such an unbalanced bug is still in this game after over half a year.
  • takaidira
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I honestly can't blame them for using the phoenix bug, its PWI that is letting them do this. They are simply taking advantage of the bug, and honestly a Good nix user who knows what he is doin is unbeatable in pvp unless heavily outnumbered, and yes I've seen it firsthand.

I'm not complaining about the people who use nix, I'm complaining about PWI's lack of action and not caring that such an unbalanced bug is still in this game after over half a year.

they dont care about users otherwise they wouldnt come out with the lines they do
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The phoenix currently has high magical defense, high physical defense, good evasion, high hp, insane flying speed, is immune to stun/seal/most status effects, does 100% damage in pvp with flesh ream, receives no air-to-ground penalties, has a ranged stun that prevents heiro ticks, and is able to attack players while the veno kites safely with no chance of being hit.

High magical defense. Yep!
    High physical defense. I think so?
    Good evasion. Yep!
    High HP. Nop! It's pretty squishy it seems. At least when an archer shoots at it.
    Immune to stune/seal/most status effects. Nop! You can stun/seal a nix.
    Does 100% damage in pvp with flesh ream. Yep! I heard sage/demon obsorbs some of the damage. I was told so I'm not sure.
    No air-to-ground penatlies. Yep! It does get ground stuck sometimes.
    Has a ranged stun that prevents heiro ticks. Nop! No ranged stun from the nix.
  • Ponza - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    pm me the game im curious as to what it is.

Guild Wars?
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    inb4 angry defensive Venos xD
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Guild Wars?

b:nosebleed That was a lil obvious too.
  • Ponza - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    High magical defense. Yep!
    High physical defense. I think so?
    Good evasion. Yep!
    High HP. Nop! A nix is very squishy.
    Immune to stune/seal/most status effects. Nop! You can stun/seal a nix.
    Does 100% damage in pvp with flesh ream. Yep! I heard sage/demon obsorbs some of the damage. I was told so I'm not sure.
    No air-to-ground penatlies. Yep! It does get ground stuck sometimes.
    Has a ranged stun that prevents heiro ticks. Nop! No ranged stun from the nix.

Lol. A phoenix is squishy? I want you to try killing one, and see how long it actually takes. The only reason for a nix to be squishier than a player is because nix doesn't have Heiros so no charm ticks. You might be confusing nix with regular non-cash shop pets, which can be squishy. The Nix has higher magic defense than most decently-geared players.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Try to fail less. I have tanked nixs before in arcane armor, so whats your problem. Seriously its not that frakkin hard to do unless you fail at the damn game. A slight use of the brain nulls out the damn bleed. The problem isnt the nix at all. You do realize the bleed works on every damn pet there is. And use the damn search button and read those posts as its been said OVER 9000+ times.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Try to fail less. I have tanked nixs before in arcane armor, so whats your problem. Seriously its not that frakkin hard to do unless you fail at the damn game. A slight use of the brain nulls out the damn bleed. The problem isnt the nix at all. You do realize the bleed works on every damn pet there is. And use the damn search button and read those posts as its been said OVER 9000+ times.

haha <3 ur siggy
  • blindeyesniper
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol. A phoenix is squishy? I want you to try killing one, and see how long it actually takes. The only reason for a nix to be squishier than a player is because nix doesn't have Heiros so no charm ticks. You might be confusing nix with regular non-cash shop pets, which can be squishy. The Nix has higher magic defense than most decently-geared players.

Nop, I own a nix. An lvl 80 archer two-three shot my lvl 84 buffed nix.
    All those misconceptions you had of the nix led me to believe that you don't really know it really well. Maybe you're just angry cuz you keep getting one shoted. Well, I guess I understand your frustration.

Here, maybe you should try tear free shampoo next time.
    johnson_baby_shampoo_original.jpg
  • Ponza - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options

Tanked in arcane armor? I call bull on that. Maybe you meant run like a little girl, spamming pots and accelerate praying that you don't get stunned. Or maybe your definition of "tanked" is surviving a nix for more than 5 seconds.
  • Vallerie - Lost City
    Vallerie - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hasn't the nix been like this since PW MY or whatever? Why do you think that it'll suddenly be fixed in PWI? Isn't PW MY still going? You're saying that this bug will kill the server... so why hasn't it killed PW MY?
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    infrared02 wrote: »
    nix's stun skill have a 1 min cooldown, 80% chance and lasts for 3sec, it shouldnt even be a factor to mention..

I'm pretty sure that the nix' stun lasts 4 seconds.
    As for the 'immunity to movement debuffs' - i've never been able to slow, stun or freeze the phoenix and when i asked in the forums about this i didn't get any response. While i'm not 100% sure tho, i don't think that this immunity is just a stupid rumor.

And the phoenix IS overpowered even without a bugged flesh ream. It has absolutly no weakness and thats just over the top.

And last but not least a small comment that isn't OT. The bugged flesh ream will always make people cry but it will make people quit the game as much as the stayed away server rollback at friday the 13th made PWI lose 80% of their serverpopulation...

EDIT:

lol, already page 3...
  • Arlen - Lost City
    Arlen - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've never really had problems with nixs and their veno masters, as long as they are around my level. The push~back with meteor strike does'nt work against other players but I love throwing the nixes across the map and wailing on the veno.
    :3.........Once they go into fox form I usually QQ a bit though. -.- ,,l,,
    ...Ehh.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The a level 60 Nix destroyed me, hit about 400 dmg, the attack rate was so fast by the time I cast 2 IBs I was dead, veno just watched over powered.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yes nixes are squishy, even for squishy users, my fwiz friend killes nixes all the time in duels tw ect. You can get flesh ream for any veno pet, so its not just nixes. You want to say how "its going to cost money for us to get blood clot ect" It cost money to add flesh ream to a nix, im pretty sure it dosent come with that skill! So even if you have to pay for blood clot, they paid for the nix and flesh ream, how unfair!! b:chuckle I could care less about venos with hercs/nixs they don't affect me none. Venos are easily killed. I see their pets legendary or not, as their weopon. Complaing about a herc or nix, is like saying "oh no you have a +12 legendary bow thats not fair!!" Hey, i paid for it, you bet i'm using it.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Tanked in arcane armor? I call bull on that. Maybe you meant run like a little girl, spamming pots and accelerate praying that you don't get stunned. Or maybe your definition of "tanked" is surviving a nix for more than 5 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJY9NLmKAWM

Mins 2:10 - 2:15 the veno and nix that attacked me was atleast 70+

So much for ur BS.. And my armor ill post the pics of it after servers come back up. Like I said maybe you need to fail less. Wouldnt want you trying to claim more BS.

BTW i was about lvl 87 or 88 at that time.

haha <3 ur siggy

I know its so great.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Nop, I own a nix. An lvl 80 archer two-three shot my lvl 84 buffed nix.

That is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Maybe i can 3 shot a phoenix at lvl 89 with deamon spark and when i crit every single hit but i think i will one shot BMs before i three shot a phoenix.
  • Ponza - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yes nixes are squishy, even for squishy users, my fwiz friend killes nixes all the time in duels tw ect. You can get flesh ream for any veno pet, so its not just nixes. You want to say how "its going to cost money for us to get blood clot ect" It cost money to add flesh ream to a nix, im pretty sure it dosent come with that skill! So even if you have to pay for blood clot, they paid for the nix and flesh ream, how unfair!! b:chuckle I could care less about venos with hercs/nixs they don't affect me none. Venos are easily killed. I see their pets legendary or not, as their weopon. Complaing about a herc or nix, is like saying "oh no you have a +12 legendary bow thats not fair!!" Hey, i paid for it, you bet i'm using it.

b:bye

So how do you plan on using that little +12 bow, when the veno is running away from you w/ speed buff and accelerate? Also, the $200 that the veno paid for the nix is good from lvls 1-105, that's why its a good investment. So the rest of the playerbase just has to suffer fro 90 lvls to get gear that is worth refining, or spend money refining low lvl gear that becomes worthless after 10-20 lvls?
  • blindeyesniper
    edited May 2009
    Options
    That is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Maybe i can 3 shot a phoenix at lvl 89 with deamon spark and when i crit every single hit but i think i will one shot BMs before i three shot a phoenix.

Maybe your archer is a failure. I don't know. He did 2-3 shot it, that's for sure. I remember it because I was surprised that he was shooting at the nix instead of me.
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Nixes are squishy, just like the venos themselves. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Maybe your archer is a failure. I don't know. He did 2-3 shot it, that's for sure. I remember it because I was surprised that he was shooting at the nix instead of me.

That is what we teach all are archers. If they see a veno with nix comming, hit the ground knockback nix (since nixs do suffer the air to ground penalty) then proceed to kill of nix with 1-3 hits. Which any damn good archers generally will that have high dex. Then to kill the Veno.
    Nixes are squishy, just like the venos themselves. b:victory

Yeap nixs are.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arlen - Lost City
    Arlen - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Honestly...I'm more worried about the wood attacks of the venos...but I suppose it makes sence because I'm a BM...stuns and pushback take care of the nixs just fine.
    ...Ehh.