This game will die unless...

Options

Comments

• RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    no way b:shocked thats not true.
    the pvp server people say we dont pvp on the pve server, so what they say goes.

heh my bab is still in pvp mode XD
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    In safe zones, players on the PVE servers get an exra shield to prevent them from harming themselves.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Congratulations, you got the "I am not aware of my surroundings" award for the day. You got jumped and you died. If you were to target a Veno, while she was not ready, and let go on her with your triple/double spark high damage attack, I am sure the veno would not last as long as you lasted to that high level nix.

And now for the shocker...... yes, there is pvp on pve servers. As I mentioned before, in case you are also not aware, there is an option that lets players turn their pvp status on, which turns their name white, and lets them kill other non-blue name players or be killed by them.

There is no problem with the nix. If you want to argue about a possible bug, than stick with flesh ream. Although if it is bugged, we have not heard from the GMs warning people not to use it and that using that skill would cause in a player being banned.
    According to the Terms of Service of PWI, it is illegal to use a bug or exploit, and doing so can cause an account to get suspended or banned.
    http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms
    But than again, according to the GMs it is also illegal to go afk while in a Zhen party, but we don't hear of many clerics beign banned while afking with BB or archers with Barrage....

I do not have any of the Legendary pets, and except for a Lunar Lupine that came with Flesh Ream, none of my other pets has flesh ream.

(dang 4 kitties now)

I'm not sure if you understood correctly.... In a pvp server you have no choice but to be involved in pvp. This isnt the carebear server where you can choose whether or not to be **** by nixes with one button.

And yes when I fight a "nix" I am perfectly aware of my surroundings, however that doesn't stop me from being **** as soon as the nix targets me. And yeah.... about the double spark thing.... you know nix is pretty OP when a class needs to have full chi always to defend a nix by your logic. (btw to further discredit your idiotic comments if a veno sees someone double spark all they need to do is fly away and send the pet to kill them, double spark can't do **** if you can't even get in range of the veno while the nix is **** you hard in the ****.)
  • Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    How about taking a look at pvp rankings? Just from numbers alone Lost City has 14 people with around 4000 kills or more. Guess how much the highest from Heaven's Tear has? Barely over 2000. Sanctuary is even worse, no one is even close to 2k kills. In fact the average on HT's is only around 1500 or so, and yet you've been around just as long as lost city. PVP servers easily have 3x more action, and you don't get a "break" after 10 hours.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lol, we had plenty of people over 3k on Sanc until they revamped the system for calculating kills and took some away for ganking level 30s and alts. Im pretty sure theirs marginal error in the systems.
  • Ponza - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lol, we had plenty of people over 3k on Sanc until they revamped the system for calculating kills and took some away for ganking level 30s and alts. Im pretty sure theirs marginal error in the systems.

Lol ganking lvl 30's and kill farming alts? That's all I needed to know
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    +12 weapon is like...many many times more expensive than a nix but do carry on...

If you pay for the weopon "op" nix or "op bow" you should use it. b:pleased
    No matter what kind of attacks i will use, i will still do damage like i would attack BMs with normal physical attacks or imbue magic against robes. No, there is no way for me to eat the phoenix' 4000 HP in 3 hits.

FAIL archer, as many have told you. I'm pure dex so my crit is 20% right now (i have blessing and crit rings 2) and I can easily kill a nix I normally crit 2.5k+ in a duel. at that point the nix's "4000 hp" is alreasy at half. A few more hits crit or not, nix is dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
    edited May 2009
    Options

FAIL archer, as many have told you. I'm pure dex so my crit is 20% right now (i have blessing and crit rings 2) and I can easily kill a nix I normally crit 2.5k+ in a duel. at that point the nix's "4000 hp" is alreasy at half. A few more hits crit or not, nix is dead.

archers are one of the best at pvp they can beat all the other classes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

See. You guys on pvp servers stop arguing with these newbs on these carebear servers. They will never understand open pvp. They think dueling is the real deal. Let them be. b:laugh

Theres a certain person on these forums who plays on a pve server who told some new harshlands player to use knowlin for pvp. I feel sorry for that new player. >:o
    archers are one of the best at pvp they can beat all the other classes

Thats actually only true on pve servers where you guys duel 24/7.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wow the pure mag veno all high and mighty. Some of us like to white name and PVP in SP. But as always some PVP player thinks hes all that just because he has to watch out for people trying to kill him. That makes you better .... in what way? We're carebears because we avoid drama?

lit sure talks big for a little veno :P. lol, you really think youre somethin arent you? I recall some pretty fail TT threads made all over the boards when you first started. who came to your rescue? PVE players. you obviously had no idea what you were doing. so drop the facade. youre still a newb in this world :P
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Playing on a pvp server does not make you better than anyone else, actually it makes you worse. Just look at how you talk. Plus, just because we chose to play on a pve server in this game, does not mean we have not done pvp in other games, nor other versions of this one. It simply means we like to avoid people like YOU.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    New topic..

"Zoe will die unless...

She learns how to pvp!" b:shocked
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    PvP is srs bsns b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Im not a pker... yet, but I would venture to guess that 90% of pk kills on pvp servers is pro vs noob. On pve servers I doubt the noobs account for more than 10-20% of pks since they (we) can hide behind their blue names. My point is simply that the blue names on pve servers are indeed "carebears" but I would wager on any pro pker from a pve server against one from pvp any day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Dear OP,
    crying-face.jpg

Facial_Tissue_Box.jpg

johnson_baby_shampoo_original.jpg

Sincerely,
    M&M
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Im not a pker... yet, but I would venture to guess that 90% of pk kills on pvp servers is pro vs noob. On pve servers I doubt the noobs account for more than 10-20% of pks since they (we) can hide behind their blue names. My point is simply that the blue names on pve servers are indeed "carebears" but I would wager on any pro pker from a pve server against one from pvp any day.

HT rules we get to choose to get our asses kicked by high lvled players XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wow the pure mag veno all high and mighty. Some of us like to white name and PVP in SP. But as always some PVP player thinks hes all that just because he has to watch out for people trying to kill him. That makes you better .... in what way? We're carebears because we avoid drama?

lit sure talks big for a little veno :P. lol, you really think youre somethin arent you? I recall some pretty fail TT threads made all over the boards when you first started. who came to your rescue? PVE players. you obviously had no idea what you were doing. so drop the facade. youre still a newb in this world :P

LOL. This just proves how fail your server is. No further comment needed.....pvp in instances and open world pvp is totally different.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    LOL. This just proves how fail your server is. No further comment needed.....pvp in instances and open world pvp is totally different.

i dont think id like world pvp it would make doin quests a lil hard i think or lvlin up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ponza - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There isn't any point to this thread anymore. I wanted to see if devs even cared about fixing flesh ream, they're given no reply in months, no words of a fix, just that its bugged. So yeah I'm done here. It's just devolved into a flame-fest, but obviously flesh ream is a polarizing issue that can't just be ignored, imo.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol ganking lvl 30's and kill farming alts? That's all I needed to know

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=260122

It seems that is a thread from a pvp server player, low level, complaining he is tired of being ganked by level 80+s....
    The big difference is, on a pve server, if a level 30+ gets killed by another player is because he chose to fight, while on a pvp server that low level player has nothing he can do if high levels choose to camp his area and kill him over and over and over and over.

First you complain because you got ganked by a veno and died (like you would had died if any other class had ganked you), than you make the most clueless comment in this post by even hinting that in PVP servers high levels dont pad their pvp kill count by killing low levels..... I am glad I play on a pve server (even though I had no idea it was a pve, I just liked the name of it when I first started).
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There isn't any point to this thread anymore. I wanted to see if devs even cared about fixing flesh ream, they're given no reply in months, no words of a fix, just that its bugged. So yeah I'm done here. It's just devolved into a flame-fest, but obviously flesh ream is a polarizing issue that can't just be ignored, imo.

For once I agree with you. It would be nice to know, officially, if Flesh Ream is working as intended and is here to stay as is or not, so we can put this to rest and start new QQ threads about something else.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    For once I agree with you. It would be nice to know, officially, if Flesh Ream is working as intended and is here to stay as is or not, so we can put this to rest and start new QQ threads about something else.

Flesh Ream is working as it is intended. Period. What isnt working is the damage reduction from the bleed effect in PvP. Rtards who dont know any better continuosly complain about the wrong things.

The nix is working as it is intended.

Those complaining about the nix and wanting it nerfed would be the same ones moaning about + weapons doing more damage then there non + counterparts.

For those that dont know Ill give you a brief history of this so called issue.
    1. china servers they reduced the damage of bleed.
    2. they reset it back to normal. HMM kinda makes you think about that.
    3. Game goes international ( ie mayla and all version currently out now)
    4. PPL who cant play complain here.
    5. Devs stated they would look into like over 4 months ago. HMM makes you think more.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=260122

It seems that is a thread from a pvp server player, low level, complaining he is tired of being ganked by level 80+s....
    The big difference is, on a pve server, if a level 30+ gets killed by another player is because he chose to fight, while on a pvp server that low level player has nothing he can do if high levels choose to camp his area and kill him over and over and over and over.

QUOTE]

Quoted For Truth

Here is the real explanation of PvP vs. PvE - **** or No ****.

"You showed up here, you must have *wanted* to get massacred at will! Quit Crying, you candy*ss!"

Wasn't it _Logan's Run_ where they came for you @ 30 and killed you?

I decide when I fight and who, and where - Not You, Junior.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Playing on a pvp server does not make you better than anyone else, actually it makes you worse.

While I appreciate your syntax, grammar and spelling, intelligence does not necessarily impart common sense and you prove that quite well.

There are morons, QQers and undesirables on any server. Get over yourself.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    While I appreciate your syntax, grammar and spelling, intelligence does not necessarily impart common sense and you prove that quite well.

There are morons, QQers and undesirables on any server. Get over yourself.

What I said has nothing to do with spelling or grammer. If you can't figure it out then you clearly have no sense at all, common or otherwise.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I fail to see how PvE server players have any room to comment on PvP servers. If you aren't playing one, you don't know how it is.
    It to the point where new players cant play anymore because level 80+ pkers camp out the popular low level quest zones just waiting to kill people that are 50-60 levels below them.. It'll happen like this...pretty soon this game will be known as a game that's unfriendly to new players and no one new will join.

That post you kept quoting? He wasn't saying it was happening to him, as the selected passage shows. He's saying it WILL. Guess what? It hasn't.

I've played almost 10 different chars to level 30+, 2 of which past level 60, all on PvP servers.

Know how many times I've been ganked as a lowbie? Between all my character, around 20. That's 2 per character.

Most people will leave a white-named char on PvP servers alone. Frankly, it isn't worth the time, as they won't drop anything good/valuable. However... If you go red, prepare to die. But that's the system at work, it's working as intended.

And speaking of working as intended: Whoever says that flesh ream is working as intended in PvP is an idiot. If one part of it is broken, it's not working as intended, period. That's like saying a condom is working as intended because it fits where it's supposed to, even though it broke during your feral beast humping.

The fact is, until it's damage is reduced in PvP, it's still a broken skill. GMs have even confirmed that it was bugged. I don't mind nixes, but flesh ream breaks the PvP system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    And speaking of working as intended: Whoever says that flesh ream is working as intended in PvP is an idiot. If one part of it is broken, it's not working as intended, period. That's like saying a condom is working as intended because it fits where it's supposed to, even though it broke during your feral beast humping.

The fact is, until it's damage is reduced in PvP, it's still a broken skill. GMs have even confirmed that it was bugged. I don't mind nixes, but flesh ream breaks the PvP system.

No, the GMs have not confirmed it is bugged. They have, however, stated they would "look into it". Looking into something doesn't mean it is broken or bugged, it means they are "looking into it".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No, the GMs have not confirmed it is bugged. They have, however, stated they would "look into it". Looking into something doesn't mean it is broken or bugged, it means they are "looking into it".

Really? Because the bug has been fixed in other versions of the game, at least, according to the PW-CN players. If that isn't an implicit confirmation, I dunno what is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the one thing that really bugs me about this fleash ream bug is venos just make excuses saying "u dont attack the pet u attack the veno" and BS like that. It doesnt change the fact that it is bugged and gives venos an unfair advantage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sacred - Harshlands
    Sacred - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Really? Because the bug has been fixed in other versions of the game, at least, according to the PW-CN players. If that isn't an implicit confirmation, I dunno what is.

The problem might be how that info is passed along. A while back, someone said it was fixed in another version. I logged in there, asked and tested it with some werefox in the arena and the bug was still existent. Because of that, other users read that post and passed on the misinformation in their replies to similar topics. I'd prefer it come direction from posted announcements or a patch note before taking it directly from another player.