Money Exploit?

Options

Comments

• Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xserenityx wrote: »
    I love this saying... Would you jump off the cliff, if someone else did the same?

People who are abusing the prices, have "fun" being sheep~followers. b:chuckle

Well 99% of players in PW are followers...anyone that is in a faction and not a leader is at any rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Typical, the Great Sanctuary starts something and the other severs have to follow haha

Greed is pervasive.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    unless you have proff of this which i doubt you ppl do, then dont blame Legendary for everything. And if you dont like it then beat us!!!

Noone is blaming all of Legendary, all that anyone ever said was that there was grounds to believe it started with an individual in that guild. No need to jump the gun like that, really. If anything you make yourself look guilty.
    b:dirty
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Typical, the Great Sanctuary starts something and the other severs have to follow haha

lmfao

It would be greedy of us not to share the drama ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lmfao

It would be greedy of us not to share the drama ;)

I love drama but I love this game and would hate to see its economy ruined.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If an ATM spits money into the street you shouldn't blame people for stopping to pick it up. The problems in the economy is wholly the fault of the developers but no matter what kind of QA you have bugs like this are going to slip through.

-Ast

But you do know that's illegal, criminal and stealing right? You can pick it up all you want, but if a cop walks by and see's you you will be arrested for stealing. It's the same principle as buying stolen goods, you will be arrested for purchasing goods that were stolen.

The problem in the economy is not the fault of the developpers. Machines malfunction all the time, but it is the duty of every citizen to ensure that the way of life doesn't come tumbling down because of one malfunction.

It's people like you that loot during riots. That's also criminal. So no, don't blame people for stopping by to pickup money from a broken atm, but also don't get mad when said people are brought up on criminal charges. As should all those exploiting be banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xserenityx
    xserenityx Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well 99% of players in PW are followers...anyone that is in a faction and not a leader is at any rate.

I only meant it to the abusers.
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    mmmmmmmm why is there no rollback yet ??? lets see im not saying it is this way but ..... didnt half the server buy zhen like crazy and sold it ?? mmm how long was is the server open again almost 10 hours ... 10 hours they sold sooooooooo much zhen .... maybe they coudnt help the bug to comein game but i guess u all see my point lol they making 10x more money
    not even ther fault probably but why fix fast if u making good money of a bug ..... idk maybe just a theorie xD hoho
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Anyone who abuses them does not belong in the game, players that do that are the reason the mmo I played for 2 years and spent a few hundred dollars on died. Greed killed it.

Or maybe the developers flogged their cash cow to death and gave up fixing any faulty coding :)
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    mmmmmmmm why is there no rollback yet ??? lets see im not saying it is this way but ..... didnt half the server buy zhen like crazy and sold it ?? mmm how long was is the server open again almost 10 hours ... 10 hours they sold sooooooooo much zhen .... maybe they coudnt help the bug to comein game but i guess u all see my point lol they making 10x more money
    not even ther fault probably but why fix fast if u making good money of a bug ..... idk maybe just a theorie xD hoho

Has PWI done a rollback before? I'm wondering if they have that ability. before we assume they do, they haven't had the ability since November to change character names. I don't know what they have the ability to do and not do.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I've been watching HT's gold for a bit u.u

8 gold at 500k
    5 gold at 500k
    later on..44 gold at 500k

Oh look that 44 gold has now been bought o.o
    This is nuts and I cant play my main e.e....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    When did all this start? Anyone know about what time the gold market got as high as the price of gas last July?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's people like you that loot during riots.
    The only thing I've done since the patch was CS :) I'm all for a rollback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The economic collapse have come to PWI!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation
    b:sad

PS: Rally we need a rollback U_U
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The only thing I've done since the patch was CS :) I'm all for a rollback.

same lol.

Too bad they can't rollback all this time I'm wasting waiting for a possible rollback xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nightmare - Heavens Tear
    Nightmare - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just got on myself and saw what's going on. Given that this has happened pretty much everywhere and has disrupted cashflow beyond the joke, I think a rollback is the only option.

I've not charged any Zen myself today, and I'm not sure how they'd handle that if there was a rollback (probably with payment logs and whatnot) but it'd be a shame if folk who legitimately charged Zen to get the new fashion miss out, and not-really-as-much a shame for folk who charged Zen to exploit the money glitching.

Personally, I'm all in favor of a rollback. This is madness. >.> (Cue Leonidas)
    Nightmare - Venomancer 7x
    Seraphic - Cleric 7x
    5 others ranging from 3x -> 5x
    [Will get a pic for here soon ;)]
  • Scryxalis - Sanctuary
    Scryxalis - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    not even ther fault probably but why fix fast if u making good money of a bug .....
    Because this problem doesn't only affect in-game finances of the players. It halts the gameplay for others, because it is uncertain whether a rollback is happening or not. Even though this problem mainly focuses on the gold trading whatever thingymabob, it affects EVERYONE all in all.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I charged $100 in zen today for fashion/charms/etc. i didn't sell a single gold.. I do hope I get that back... well I will get it back either through PWI or my credit card company, but I'm sure PWI will handle it.
  • Caelon - Lost City
    Caelon - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The forum GM's don't actually start working till about 10am I believe. They ALWAYS come online about 6pm my time which is 10am for them. For that they work a bit later. Please be patient for now as soon as a Forum GM's gets online we will inform them about this.

Duno if you guys missed what aryann said...

i recommend waiting.. or calling obama b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insanity has a nice ****..
  • damani
    damani Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Now is a good time to open up Etherblade server. I'd migrate.

Do you have to make new character when you change servers?
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

This doesn't work in the long run. Sure there will still be people that buy gold with RL cash, but a lot of players don't. They would rather let someone else spend the RL cash and use their ingame coin. This works fine when prices are at a reasonable level, but when the exchange rate gets out of hand those people will stop buying gold and you'll be left with a lot of gold sitting around doing nothing. Decreased demand due to high ingame prices will halt the purchase of new gold and affect PWI's bottom line.
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well then all i can say is thanks pw crew for ur slow handeling i wasted hours of grinding today rollback means set back how all was a day before right?? so thnx for ur slow actions this been going on for 10 hours still no action kinda sad all those peeps who wasted so much time today while u knew for so long sad ..... idc rollback idc bout my coins my mallgold but my time wasted u cant pay back ... thanks allot !!
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Honestly, if there isn't a rollback I think I'll be leaving the game. That's just my own opinion.

Not too keen on a situation where those who took advantage of the glitch being tens of millions richer whilst those of us who didn't sitting with the same cash balance we had yesterday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's quite hilarious and amusing how some people miscontrue ones words. So let me clarify. By saying that 97% of people know about this issue purely means they know about the issue at hand, it DOES NOT mean they are part of the one's who have continued to exploit the bug, again I say if in fact it is a bug. I ran into this wonderful issue this morning, grabbed coffee and ran out the door to work, where I am now chatting about this grand issue, so I am part of the 97% who know about it, but I am NOT one who is continuing to exploit a bug, again I say if it is a bug. **crosses fingers** Hope this all behind me and fixed by the time I get home so I can grind, hehe.......

Vanya
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's quite hilarious amd amusing how some people miscontrue ones words. So let me clarify. By saying that 97% of people know about this issue purely means they know about the issue at hand, it DOES NOT mean they are part of the one's who have continued to exploit the bug, again I say if in fact it is a bug. I ran into this wonderful issue this morning, grabbed coffee and ran out the door to work, where I am now chatting about this grand issue, so I am part of the 97% who know about it, but I am NOT one who is continuing to exploit a bug, again I say if it is a bug. **crosses fingers** Hope this all behind me and fixed by the time I get home so I can grind, hehe.......

Vanya

Sometimes people misconstrue words because they are poorly phrased and ambiguous. I find ambiguity hillarious and amusing as well as how when someone communicates badly, instead of clarifying their words they act as if everyone else is merely silly and hillarious and amusing :-)
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    All I can say is LOL
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol this is the first day sins i play the game that i look on forums i never do i play a game forums always full with drama and bullcrap as u see in this topic right here ... but i wanted to know what was going on because I DIDNT gm dont anounce nothing in game we hear nothing .... verry poor my opionon if u all so sad bout other having more coinss damn let them set back ... im just saying the pw creww slacked big time and profited from the bug big time and ppl wasted lot of time ... but u all only care that others have more then u and **** welll thats ur choise hope gm sets back for u .. personaly i dont care let it be just change prices gm's fault dont punish the players ...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The consequences of unlimited coin in the economy:

-All of your coin on you is worthless
    -Teleport / repair fees are free
    -Making Perfect / Immaculate stones just takes a little time
    -Buying / sharding npc gear is a free source of yiyuan (can be combined into a now worthless warsoul fragment)
    -Free pots / resurrection scrolls / rejuvenation pots
    -Spirit is the only limiting factor in upgrading skills
    -Free horses in the pet manager
    -Everything in player shops / in the AH from before the spread is now up for grabs
    -Everything you have on you that cannot be bought with coins is insanely valuable

Thats about it I guess. I imagine for bartering we could switch to some other currency such as mirage stones / ultimate substances. Definitely grounds for a rollback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • lacedcandy
    lacedcandy Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    GMs are working, mod reply is here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188192

I also think a rollback is a must and I heard that lots will quit the game if GMs don't fix the bug/make a rollback.

Let's cross our fingers... I think it isn't a good idea to play atm =P
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol this is the first day sins i play the game that i look on forums i never do i play a game forums always full with drama and bullcrap as u see in this topic right here ... but i wanted to know what was going on because I DIDNT gm dont anounce nothing in game we hear nothing .... verry poor my opionon if u all so sad bout other having more coinss damn let them set back ... im just saying the pw creww slacked big time and profited from the bug big time and ppl wasted lot of time ... but u all only care that others have more then u and **** welll thats ur choise hope gm sets back for u .. personaly i dont care let it be just change prices gm's fault dont punish the players ...

Thank you Roman Maroni.
This discussion has been closed.