Money Exploit?

Options
Klath - Sanctuary
Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
I dont know for sure, but auction house gold prices are going INSANELY high every minute that pass, and i cant think on many reasons why that is happening (cant be the new clothes).
Gold price on sanctuary was 100k-120k, now its 300-500k+...
Someone rumoured that there is a coin exploit on the server after last main, making people go insanely rich.

Any GM care to give us an answer?

EDIT
Will quote one of the posters from 4th page:
okay here is the story.

some guildmate of me told me about a player in west archo dropping a lot of items on the ground.
when he asked the player, the player opened a trade for showing him 62 million coins...
and gave him 1 million for free. (i told my guildmate to report that to the gms, dont worry)
i pmd the player and asked for a explanation.
he told me that he found an exploit with some cash shop items which u can trade in for many millions...he also wanted to give me 10 million for stop asking questions
that player is from <censored> guild and told some mates how to use that exploit...
its sad to see lvl 80 barbs easily buying the misty forest ring..while i still try to get my left 3 million exp to reach lvl 89 and do my demon cultivation..
thanks to the 1 single <censored guild> player i will lose 15 hours of grind if we get a rollback...

and stop blaming the gms..since they still dont recruit "international" GMs, there are no GMs online to see that drama..just wait for them to stand up in the morning...
Either this is true or not, i dont know, no GM has replied to us.

EDIT2
This is their official answer to us:
screenpr0.jpg
Post edited by Klath - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Centurion - Lost City
    Centurion - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Maybe you GMs should shut down servers till the Etherblade-Bug is fixed and till u found out if theres a money exploit.....

Better do it now before its too late eh?
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    Shiningon - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's more likely GM's are buying the gold to make people buy more
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's more likely GM's are buying the gold to make people buy more
    Basic economics class:
    Higher Gold Price = Less people buying gold
    Less peopel buying gold = Less ZEN income
    Less ZEN income = less money to PWI pockets

High Prices = Bad

Why would GMs do that?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I dunno, but I wish I had some cash right now. ...After I found out my Requiem Blade needs 1000 socket stones to make it 2 socket. That's like 66 gold. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Basic economics class:

High Prices = Bad

Why would GMs do that?

Some are saying GMs are buying the gold so people will buy more and more gold for the valentine event....but there is certainly something going on. Everytime you look at Gold Trading and 40 gold comes up for 290k+ its instantly gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Maybe you GMs should shut down servers till the Etherblade-Bug is fixed and till u found out if theres a money exploit.....

Better do it now before its too late eh?
    Basic economics class:

High Prices = Bad

Why would GMs do that?

Basic economics 101
    if gm's buy the gold people sell for coins which don't cost them anything, then people buy gold with real money to sell durrr
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Basic economics 101
    if gm's buy the gold people sell for coins which don't cost them anything, then people buy gold with real money to sell durrr
    This is correct, but I doubt is what's going on. My reason? Because this insane gold-to-coin rate seems to only be going on in Sanctuary. Here in HT, it's the same as always.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    *sigh*
    If prices are higher, why would people BUY more?
    Coin has no value to GMs, only to us players.

Picture this:
    MANY PEOPLE buy gold with REAL LIFE money to sell for (->COINS<-) so they can buy other items from other players, such as molds and TT materials.
    By increasing GOLD/COIN value, those "MANY PEOPLE" would sell less, and stop buying ZEN, making our GMs earn less on that process.

Do you really think people only charge zen to buy directly from boutique?
    There is more gold on the market from AH sellers than boutique items really.

Man, this scenario is happening in real life was we speak, why would be the opposite on the game?
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Basic Economics 101
    If gm's buy the gold people sell for coins which don't cost them anything, then people buy gold with real money to sell durrr

Firstly, the GMs would have to buy an insane amount of Gold and over not one morning but over a couple of weeks to affect prices, since the price would always drop from the artificially created one. Secondly, you are assuming that Zen is the only thing people waste for in this game, yet by reducing the value of coins in this way, what will actually happen is that all transactions between a player and an NPC will become ridiculously cheap in comparison with CS expenditures. Between the amount wasted on Crazy Stone, and Teleporting, and Potions, and SKILLS, the difference made by making boutique items slightly more expensive in relation is almost irrelevant.

And also...roll this **** back.
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Look klath is not rocket science. Gm start buying everyones gold at stupid coin prices. So everyone Goes YAY WOW loads of coins , I'm going to buy loads of gold and sell it YAY become a millionaire
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    All the possibilities seem quite unlikely...

-GMs buying all gold in some kind of scam to get make players buy more gold.

-A few players started to sell their gold at very high price which made the whole server go on the fritz and start buying and selling gold at 200k above normal price

-A bug....that buys everyone's gold...lolol

This all should be interesting with this and the DCing bugs with auto pathing and the etherblade lake area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    coins, boutique items HAVE NO REAL VALUE, but people buying gold with there hard earned cash dose. get it ?
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If it's a scam or not GM's at this precise moment are raking in the cash !!!!!!!!
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What if a number of players are buying gold at the auction house, and then selling it to their friend for 50k more, then their friend buys it for 50k more, etc. So it LOOKS like the price is going up, but not a lot of gold is being traded between the two. Meanwhile, everyone else sees these prices and ups them to cash in on this scam. This seems most likely to me.

Basically trading it back and forth to give the impression of volume trading, and then others raise prices cause it looks real.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Look klath is not rocket science. Gm start buying everyones gold at stupid coin prices. So everyone Goes YAY WOW loads of coins , I'm going to buy loads of gold and sell it YAY become a millionaire
    And how many people you think will quit the game due to that momentary money burst they will have?
    As a real company, unless they are about to bankrupt (which i doubt since they just released ethersaga and have plans on a third game soon), they would never do something so silly if they have plans for their future.

As we speak, 2 or 3 of my guild mates are downloading PRIVATE SERVER Perfect World clients because they are leaving PWI.

I was going to do my dailies but stopped on crazy stone, didnt even touch the auction house and wont do anything (including play any further) until a GM clarify us about this problem.

Its not rocket science.

What if a number of players are buying gold at the auction house, and then selling it to their friend for 50k more, then their friend buys it for 50k more, etc. So it LOOKS like the price is going up, but not a lot of gold is being traded between the two. Meanwhile, everyone else sees these prices and ups them to cash in on this scam. This seems most likely to me.
    You dont get it do you?
    A LOT of people (not 1-2 people, but at least 10 people from of my guild just gained 20-50m) is becoming millionairie out of thin air by trading gold, that all that COIN is coming from somewhere, it isnt simply showing up out of nowhere.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Blaming the Gms is the easy way out and I also agree with klath about Scamming the players being a bad move for the company's future thus making me believe they are not to blame for this. But I think we can all agree something is going on ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Centurion - Lost City
    Centurion - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Lol just was in Sanctuary Server......sooo many ppl have 50 million+ by now^^

GM, dont u think its time to say something too?^^
  • Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear
    Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just looked at the gold trading area of the auctioneer a few moments ago from the time of this post (on Sanctuary). Both the buying and selling sections are empty. Looks like I'll have to find whatever I need in catshops until this situation is settled.
    Jayde_Videl - lvl 6x venomancer - Heavens Tear
    RainbowVidel - lvl 3x venomancer - Sanctuary
  • Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If there was some kind of bug, I would imagine all three servers would have this bug, and not just Sanctuary?

But maybe someone (or maybe some guild) on Sanctuary with lots of in-game coin wanted gold?
  • Solarplex - Sanctuary
    Solarplex - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Lol just was in Sanctuary Server......sooo many ppl have 50 million+ by now^^

GM, dont u think its time to say something too?^^

How do you know people have this insane amount of money?
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    People in my faction are making a lot and many people were talking in WC about selling their gold for 300k and such. Its pretty obvious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Solarplex - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So people in your guild are abusing a bug? just f*cking terrific.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun at the GMs. It's definitely not in their best interest to do this. Besides, if it were some sort of perverted money making scheme it would span all 3 servers, not just Sanctuary.

A few people on the world chat are pointing fingers at Legendary for abusing some kind of money exploit. Whether there's any proof behind their claims I don't know, so I'm not going to say anything else about it. On a personal note however, I'm yet to meet a 'bad' person from that guild and I do find it rather hard to believe they'd exploit a bug even if they found one.

That being said however, there is definitely something rotten in the state of Sanctuary. The gold prices have sky rocketed, going for over 200k atm, which is twice the value they were yesterday; and i hear for a while they were even higher. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how much this is going to **** the economy in the long run.

As a member of the community I ask the GMs to give us an official stance. If it indeed is a money exploit (wouldn't be the first game this had happened to), I believe we have the right to know. More importantly, a lot of people are asking for a rollback, and I'll just say I can see where they're coming from. Seriously guys, throw us a bone here. Rollback, no rollback, exploit, no exploit? I for one won't be touching the game until we're given a straight up answer.
    b:dirty
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So people in your guild are abusing a bug? just f*cking terrific.
    People is abusing the fact that a lot of coin was injected into auction house to buy and sell gold massively. It is INDIRECTLY related to the bug (that if we have a "bug" here).

200k? Hahaha gold price is hitting 1m any minute now.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It doesn't matter (IMO) who is abusing it. The real issue is the number of people abusing it and what it will do the economic part of Perfect World
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LMFAO !!! Don't u just love a bit of drama in the "GAME" !!!
  • Solarplex - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    According to Raydoit people in his guild are getting masses of money from nowhere, it is definitely not because they are selling gold through the AH at these ridiculous prices, i mean has ANYONE bought a single piece of gold?
    I know i never will until the prices have stabilized, so where in the hell are they getting this coin from b:shocked
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    According to Raydoit people in his guild are getting masses of money from nowhere, it is definitely not because they are selling gold through the AH at these ridiculous prices, i mean has ANYONE bought a single piece of gold?
    Dont assume things. He didnt say that.
    As i stated earlier, even people on my guild is TRADING gold on AH and made over 50m already (individually).
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LMFAO !!! Don't u just love a bit of drama in the "GAME" !!!

You're an effing idiot if you can't see just how devastating this is going to be for the game. Yeah I could go buy some gold and get filthy rich for third of a cost. But then again, that's being shortsighted and willingly bending over and **** yourself in the long run, even if you have 50-100mil or whatever by now.

WTS spurred kirin 30mil quick sale pm fast.
    b:dirty
This discussion has been closed.