Options
15678911»

Comments

• Fumika - Lost City
    Fumika - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I can already see the future if we dont get a rollback xD

many 'nixes flying around -> more ppl QQing (LC server)

many ppl with awesome gear -> bosses etc are like normal mobs

low lvls always getting pked -> lot of ppl will quit
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Don't listen to Klath about anything on Economics. He has no clue.

If prices of gold vs ingame coins go up then people will buy more gold with cash. Because 1. It's not good value to buy gold with in-game coins and 2.You can sell your gold for much more than it's usually worth.
    Also in this economy someone losing out is not a fundamental rule, it's not a zero-sum game. Potentially infinite money is injected into the economy by mobs and NPCs, because NPC are an unlimited supply of coins when you sell to NPC no one loses money thus money is just injected into the economy. Vice-versa if you buy from the NPC the money is taken out of the economy.

The idea of giving everyone 20m will fail miserably as it will just unhinge the economy and completely crash it, because then new players will be unable to play the game due to the overinflated economy and people with multiple alts will become stupidly rich overnight for no apparent reason.

If servers aren't rolled back then the game economy will die, as painful as it is, roll-back is the only way to make the game playable, way too much money just got injected into the game in too short a period. I personally made 900k of sales in my stall last night and grinded for 3 hours so it is very painful. But it must be done to ensure the game continues to be playable in the future for us and newer players.
  • sofakinglazy
    sofakinglazy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i'd love a 20mil bailout, it would all be politic-like in the US atm. everyone gets a bailout, lol
    Lemmie ask ya'll something. you think weeding through potentially hundreds of millions of lines of code is easy?

### get the original age
    age = input("Enter your age (in human years): ")
    print # print a blank line

### do some range checking, then print result
    if age < 0:
    print "Negative age?!? I don't think so."
    elif age < 3 or age > 110:
    print "Frankly, I don't believe you."
    else:
    print "That's", age*7, "in dog years."

### pause for Return key (so window doesn't disappear)
    raw_input('press Return')

There is ONE error in the above code. Ya'll are so smart... find it.

Can't? Why not? it's EASY to find! Oh wait... your note a coder, you don't have a frickin clue whats involved in finding and fixing code errors.

Just STFU and let them find and fix the issue. It takes TIME to find where a patch (which by itself could have millions of lines of code) screwed something up, and where, and how and then figure out HOW to fix it so it doesn't **** something else up.

Impatient little children with no knowledge of wtf they are screaming about.

Saitada

no end if... got anything harder?
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Don't listen to Klath about anything on Economics. He has no clue.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation
    Read that then you will have any right to refute anything i said on my previous posts on this thread.

If you think people leaving the game doesnt cause the servers to die, you seriously have the IQ of an amebae.
  • Sektar - Sanctuary
    Sektar - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    no end if... got anything harder?

LOL! i was looking at that...im like wtf wheres the end if before i even read it....wow whoever gave that code sucks...good question, anything hardeR?
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm talking about
    Klath wrote:
    Basic economics class:
    Higher Gold Price = Less people buying gold
    Less peopel buying gold = Less ZEN income
    Less ZEN income = less money to PWI pockets

High Prices = Bad

Why would GMs do that?
    Klath wrote:
    *sigh*
    If prices are higher, why would people BUY more?
    Coin has no value to GMs, only to us players.

Picture this:
    MANY PEOPLE buy gold with REAL LIFE money to sell for (->COINS<-) so they can buy other items from other players, such as molds and TT materials.
    By increasing GOLD/COIN value, those "MANY PEOPLE" would sell less, and stop buying ZEN, making our GMs earn less on that process.

Do you really think people only charge zen to buy directly from boutique?
    There is more gold on the market from AH sellers than boutique items really.

Man, this scenario is happening in real life was we speak, why would be the opposite on the game?
    Neither of which are even remotely correct.

I should congratulate you for learning to use Wikipedia but in this case Hyperinflation does not happen if a rollback does not occur, maybe you should go read the page your self before throwing it at me.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To those commenting about the lack of an end if in the posted code, what language do you think it is?

Because it sure looks like python to me, which, like many other languages, doesn't have an end if.

As regards the bug, I'm tempted to say that you're missing the indentation on the if, elif, else, but that's more likely the forums **** up.

And the last line is only necessary on Windows when running the program by double-clicking it in explorer. If it's run through a command line, like it most likely would be given it's a command line program, or not in Windows, then the window won't close afterwards.

Otherwise, the logic looks right at first glance, and I don't know Python, so I couldn't comment on non-blatant syntax errors. How about a question in another language?
    Perl for example, since it's such an awesome language.
    $_=<STDIN>;
    $_<0?print "Negative age?!? I don't think so.":$_<3||$_>110?print "Frankly, I don't believe you.":print "That's", $_*7, "in dog years.";

• mrsforum
    mrsforum Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Guys srsly STFU and let them fix the problem. It's not the easyest thing to find a problem/whats wrong in a code. Let them solve the freaking problem w/o attacking em. srsly don't u guys belive they r actually trying to fix it!? So STFU and let the GM's do their work instead of hearing u guys complaining/crying over some stupid bug that they r trying to fix...

just go get a life so long while u wait for it to be fixed..b:victory
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the rich get richer >:D
  • Lalalie - Heavens Tear
    Lalalie - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Lemmie ask ya'll something. you think weeding through potentially hundreds of millions of lines of code is easy?

### get the original age
    age = input("Enter your age (in human years): ")
    print # print a blank line

### do some range checking, then print result
    if age < 0:
    print "Negative age?!? I don't think so."
    elif age < 3 or age > 110:
    print "Frankly, I don't believe you."
    else:
    print "That's", age*7, "in dog years."

### pause for Return key (so window doesn't disappear)
    raw_input('press Return')

There is ONE error in the above code. Ya'll are so smart... find it.

Can't? Why not? it's EASY to find! Oh wait... your note a coder, you don't have a frickin clue whats involved in finding and fixing code errors.

Just STFU and let them find and fix the issue. It takes TIME to find where a patch (which by itself could have millions of lines of code) screwed something up, and where, and how and then figure out HOW to fix it so it doesn't **** something else up.

Impatient little children with no knowledge of wtf they are screaming about.

Saitada
    Sweet sex on a stick... <3 u Saitada .... thank you for saying that ppl keep posting saying the same thing as if what you say will change the GM's mind...the GM's will do what is best for the game in their opinion...which is what they are doing....NOW LET THEM DO IT AND SHUSH! :O

btw...awesome sig Saitada :P

Now....how about that sky?....pretty high up there eh? ^_^
    Lala: aka Jedi PewPewMastaSauce
    Lalalie - Cleric - 8x (main)
    Lalaeli - Blade - 62
    Lalaelia - Veno - 38
    Lalalae - Wizard - 28
    Lalapop - Archer - 42
    Lalalia - Cleric - 26
    Laelala - Archer - 6 ( xD )
    Lalalio - Barb - 4 ( xD )
    Laelalia - Veno (deleted - RIP :O) - 12
    Lalalioz - Barb (deleted - RIP :O) - 3
    ~~~~Teh Lalas will overtake you b:chuckle b:pleased
    Teh Lovely Lady Lala Loves You All <3 b:kiss

My. Pew. Pew. Is. Strong(er than yours)
    (Ego is an understatement)--Epic Long Siggy ftw b:victory
  • InfamousRox - Sanctuary
    InfamousRox - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why would a rollback help anything whoever prolly bought out all the gold flucuated the market and will do it again its inevitable. It will balance out some lost some won thats the way it works. Those who own all the gold control the price so people will do this again since it obviously worked. One benefit is that the game is making a lot of money. If they do roll back i will lose my gale dress in pink/purple color and my black shoes. But i dont think they will do that because they already stated in gamethere is no coin bug. We set the prices. Basic Economy.
    Meow?
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why would a rollback help anything whoever prolly bought out all the gold flucuated the market and will do it again its inevitable. It will balance out some lost some won thats the way it works. Those who own all the gold control the price so people will do this again since it obviously worked. One benefit is that the game is making a lot of money. If they do roll back i will lose my gale dress in pink/purple color and my black shoes. But i dont think they will do that because they already stated in gamethere is no coin bug. We set the prices. Basic Economy.

Another smart person.. You fail at comprehending everything and everything it seems..

CASH SHOP ITEMS WERE BUGGED KTY
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I can't beleive how many idiots think its "just game economics" that gold would sell for 400-900k.

Who the hell would save 20mil coins over the course of 3months and then just decide on a whim to blow it all on gold now? Why not 2 days ago when it was 100k?!

There HAD to be some kinda coins exploit. On the prev server i played there was a bug with one of the patches that if you made a new blademaster your char started with 20mil coins. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened here. Got to love how players tried to benefit from this and screwed up the entire game for everyone - nice going! did u really think no one would notice?
  • ZephyrZeus - Heavens Tear
    ZephyrZeus - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    doesn't matter anymore...the servers aren't down cuz they are on a lunch break..THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING NOW...teh case is closed.

Candy and Cake anyone? ^_^

Can I have some Rep candy plz b:pleased
  • seemen
    seemen Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    sucks i just pked and looted a ton of items and now im not gonna have em anymore...
  • Haloarcher - Sanctuary
    Haloarcher - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There's a new message when you start the game saying the servers will be up tomorrow by 1am. So no PW tonight folks. =o I'm downloading ether saga myself. See ya there!
  • InfamousRox - Sanctuary
    InfamousRox - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    how is cash shop bugged i bought a dress and some shoes... took my money as ALWAYS. charged 10 dollars *checks account* Yep thats gone too... seemed to work perfectly for me.
    Meow?
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rumour has it that one of the cash shop items could be npced for 3 mil or something like that. b:shocked
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    bzbee wrote: »
    Rumour has it that one of the cash shop items could be npced for 3 mil or something like that. b:shocked

One of the Mods or GM actually post up a link to the page where it was confirmed that it was a glitch with a CS item but that got taken down pretty fast. I wonder if anyone caught it and SS it?
  • Kurosuke - Heavens Tear
    Kurosuke - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    jemima wrote: »
    How about a question in another language?
    Perl for example, since it's such an awesome language.

LOL I am as agnostic about languages as anybody, but Perl is fail. Super fail b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    One of the Mods or GM actually post up a link to the page where it was confirmed that it was a glitch with a CS item but that got taken down pretty fast. I wonder if anyone caught it and SS it?

Many of us actually read that message and can confirm it was said there was a bug with a cash shop item bringing more coins than it should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Kyeiko - Sanctuary
    Kyeiko - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the gold trading was working right the ones taking advantage of cs bug seem to be able to raise the gold prices cause they would buy cs item trade it to a npc then get more gold and so on till keep repeating that process not full sure,
    I did sell some gold i had for like 155k i thought that was a huge profit at the time then went to work and come back to all this mess kinda scaried me.
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Originally Posted by Agravain - Heavens Tear View Post
    More than likely, it's a core group of individuals who have been stockpiling coins to flood the market all at once.

This explains why it is only one server, and why nothing is wrong with the update

Wrong, the same thing happened in Heaven's Tear

Um I never said that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Servers are back up, please refer to the following thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=190122
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.