Money Exploit?

Options

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Most people are just waiting for a reply from GM's or MOD's. But nothing. As people have said before, silence.
    When theres silence then that means the GMs are REALLY busy. If something serious happens, that can **** a whole server over, they wont be able to answer until they get definate results. This is a game, but for the pple working with it, its WORK, and you follow work regulations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    More likely, they don't want to cause a panic but the fix might not be something they can whip out instantaneously and want to have a clue what the ramifications of taking down the server to fix it will be before they act.

I agree, but AH should have been disabled by now. and the longer they wait, more unhappy player they will get. if I am in charge, saver should have been closed until problem resolved.
  • IronCleric - Sanctuary
    IronCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah its 9:14am pacific time now. People go to work at 6AM in San Francisco. They're at work.
    1 Corinthians 13:4-13
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Here is the thing, there may be a bug and I agree people are taking advantage of it, if they are continuing to go through the process of gaining a large amount of in game gold. Funny thing is everything is set up like a quest you receive dyes from selling cash shop clothes and sell the un-used portion of the dyes to the merchant, as I see it that doesn't come off appearing to be a bug. I feel PWI would have a really hard time justifing Banning for this when it was an error on their part, if in fact it is a bug. A rollback would be the only fair option, but I feel anyone who purchased cash shop gold today and spent it throughout the day needs to be credited as well if a roll back does occur.

Thanks,

Vanya
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    swgs wrote: »
    I agree, but AH should have been disabled by now. and the longer they wait, more unhappy player they will get. if I am in charge, saver should have been closed until problem resolved.
    I agree too. Thats actually what they did on FF online couple times. Only to fix a small bug but nontheless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • IronCleric - Sanctuary
    IronCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    From what I understand its NOT a bug. People are selling gold for much more because OTHERS are doing it too. I also heard from the previous posts that someone from Legendary (idk if this is a rumor or not) somehow got 62mill by selling a glitched item to vendor for millions. And maybe thats how the millions are being distributed throughout the game.

By the way, I was there when he dropped all those items, I don't know who it was, but I picked up a socket stone.
    1 Corinthians 13:4-13
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The amount of panic in this thread is really quite amusing. What people fail to understand is the sheer amount of code involved in a game like this. Assuming the devs are working on the problem, I wouldn't expect to see any results until late in the day at the earliest. Everything that happens in the game is logged somewhere, so it's really just a matter of going over every one of those logs and identifying problems. Repairing the faulty code is the easy part. Identifying the exploiters and making sure the honest people aren't affected is what is going to take the most time.
  • BlackyBetty - Sanctuary
    BlackyBetty - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    thanks for explaining how to use it...omg.
    sometimes...
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well i know that alot of people are thinking about leaving the game because of the gold prices rising higher hope you GMs fix this issue soon because you might be losing alot of supporters because of itb:sad

It's not just Sanctuary.. I just checked the AH on HT and it's ruined too
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well it does not matter if it is the fault of the devs, the GMs or anyone else for the bugs existance. If the player abuses it, they deserve a ban.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The forum GM's don't actually start working till about 10am I believe. They ALWAYS come online about 6pm my time which is 10am for them. For that they work a bit later. Please be patient for now as soon as a Forum GM's gets online we will inform them about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well it does not matter if it is the fault of the devs, the GMs or anyone else for the bugs existance. If the player abuses it, they deserve a ban.

Agreed.. adversity does not build character, it reveals it. These people who claim that there's no way they could have known it wasn't a bug are probably the same people who would rob your house if you accidently left the door open. Ooops.. I didn't know it wasn't my stuff to take.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Black Betty,

Trust me 97% of the people online PWI right now know how the process works. Me stating facts wasn't anything new or a DRAWN OUT MAP FOR PEOPLE TO USE.

Vanya
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually if I ran an mmo I would intentionally put a bug just like this one in the game. Find out who all the people who would abuse it are, ban them all and have a much better playerbase.
    Main characters
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Trust me 97% of the people online PWI right now know how the process works. Me stating facts wasn't anything new or a DRAWN OUT MAP FOR PEOPLE TO USE.

I must be in the 3%... I don't know how it works and don't care to.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Everyone relax.
    Fortunately the problem is so incredibly severe that there is no choice but to do a rollback. Mistakes happen, just take a break for a few hours as things are sorted out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah just saw the AH in HT server and logged out. No point in doing anything since we will get a rollback. Thankfully I didn't do much of anything.
    Main characters
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Black Betty,

Vanya

*insert cat sounds here* CAT FIGHT *insert cat sounds here*

If one of you two are dudes disregard this b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    *insert cat sounds here* CAT FIGHT *insert cat sounds here*

If one of you two are dudes disregard this b:laugh

Not even close to being a dude, but not going to get into a catfight. Wrong is wrong, it's plain as day and not worth an argument over.
  • jagermeisterdrinker
    jagermeisterdrinker Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    unless you have proff of this which i doubt you ppl do, then dont blame Legendary for everything. And if you dont like it then beat us!!!
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They should down the server until the bug was fixed(bcause there re lot of ppl who sell and buy gold for ridiculous prices) and if PWI staff decide to made a rollback there will be a lot of ppl really angry for the fault of some stupids just abuse of exploits.
    Obviously the ppl who abuse of the explit need to be banned for some time at least(and i really dont think just the 90% of the ppl use this exploit like some say) for some time, there re some ppl just dont know about this and before see this they dont continue selling they gold, but those ppl who continue selling need to be banned NOW!!!b:angry

Thanks ;)

PS: I almost sure just there will be no rollback or ban like the exploit of helloween(like the angels) but one does not lose hope for justice.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually if I ran an mmo I would intentionally put a bug just like this one in the game. Find out who all the people who would abuse it are, ban them all and have a much better playerbase.

If an ATM spits money into the street you shouldn't blame people for stopping to pick it up. The problems in the economy is wholly the fault of the developers but no matter what kind of QA you have bugs like this are going to slip through.

-Ast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    unless you have proff of this which i doubt you ppl do, then dont blame Legendary for everything. And if you dont like it then beat us!!!

Let it be known that this person speaks for himself and not the faction. Thank you >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • BlackyBetty - Sanctuary
    BlackyBetty - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Black Betty,

Vanya

<--- 3%

my whole faction is in the 3% too :D (okay maybe because we bannish ppl who use and exploit stuff like this b:laugh )
  • xserenityx
    xserenityx Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I love this saying... Would you jump off the cliff, if someone else did the same?

People who are abusing the prices, have "fun" being sheep~followers. b:chuckle
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I want to go on record that if/when there is a rollback I will not be the slightest bit angry, assuming I don't lose anything except xp gained today.

I'm zhenning and chatting with friends, and a rollback won't ruin the fun chats I have had. I would rather lose a few hours xp than the hundreds of people or more who might quit if the economy is permanently ruined.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If an ATM spits money into the street you shouldn't blame people for stopping to pick it up. The problems in the economy is wholly the fault of the developers but no matter what kind of QA you have bugs like this are going to slip through.

-Ast

Anyone who abuses them does not belong in the game, players that do that are the reason the mmo I played for 2 years and spent a few hundred dollars on died. Greed killed it.
    Main characters
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    *See's Heavens Tear gold prices*

OMG WTFBBQ

*logs out*
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options

-Ast

If an ATM spits out money I will pick it up and return it to the owner of the ATM... period.
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    Shiningon - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Typical, the Great Sanctuary starts something and the other severs have to follow haha
This discussion has been closed.