Money Exploit?

Options

Comments

• DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Roll the servers back till when the servers opened, The fashion is easy to get again..So no need to QQ bout that..The etherblade lake glitch n money exploit has been around since the opening of servers.. Roll it back..No harm done..You cant lose something you never had in all technicalitie
  • CHOOO - Sanctuary
    CHOOO - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    On Heavens Tear we are seeing prices drop back to 150k. Perhaps we have fewer exploiters. Perhaps our GMs have been quicker to catch them.

Because the term Gold is used both in Boutique and in game I prefer to be specific when referencing both. normal trade rate in Heavens Tear has been 100k In-game gold per 1 Boutique gold. Rates climbed to 500k In-game gold per 1 Boutique gold. Now are falling back. Hope yall on other servers soon see the same.

one or two hours ago prices drop to 400k, now we they at 900k O.o we will soon hit 1mil per gold O.o
  • ninzi
    ninzi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok, so i think (not sure) that there can only be 7 buy and 7 sale options in the gold trading service, and that the lowest posted price automaticly gets booted when a higher price comes in so what if a person just puts in 999.999 for 1 gold 7 times and then sells 50 gold for 800.000 doesnt that force everyone to buy his gold for the price of 800.000?
    so isnt this what is going on (but with lower prices) on the sanctuary server? and if this is going on its just completely legal, right?
    b:bye
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok, this is insane gold near 1.000.000 now... i dont know what is happening, but for thosee who can't buy gold with real money is impossible, is i like to buy the clother of the event i need 10Millons b:cry.
    Well, this game is turning for those ppl with credit card.
    Cya.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thats their fantastic answer?

Sorry, i quit PW.
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    gms work thier balls off and should get credit, are you blind , where are the PERMANENT CHARM PACKS?oh wait THERE NOT THERE, AND NOTHING TO COMPENSATE, a cahrm sale while packs are beign fixed would MAKE SENSE?, orh wait instead we get a XP SCROLL SALE? whats necessary for xp scrols? CHARMS? OH $%#%#%# thats greedy lets give a discount on something that requires the use of something were back to overpricing MULUHAHAHAHHAHA

I do not say that the GMs always work hard. But at this time I can picture several loosing their hair over this. Concerning the charm pack fiasco, I was one of the most vocal detractors, though my own posts eventually got me placed on their "watched" list.
    Rollbacks would punish the innocent with the guilty and I seriously doubt they want to go down that road. Imagine that you have just completed a difficult quest or some other accomplishment. You would be singing a different tune. There are those who will suffer and those who will profit no matter what solution they impose. Suggesting an XP bonus for having endured is merely your way of profiting for having endured though I doubt you have been personally affected more than a bit of inconvenience. I too would love to see a reward, for no better reason than to cash in a freebie. But I can see past my own selfish interests to realize that no great wrong has affected me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    For the ones that didn't see it:

screenpr0.jpg

That right there is the problem all MMOs have. They don't ban for greed and I watch games die because of that.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    2009-02-1313-57-13.jpg
  • ShoeFury - Sanctuary
    ShoeFury - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Guess it's time to change the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined Aug 2008 on HT--
    Just lurkin' the forums these days and makin' occassional stupid posts
  • Hollyone - Sanctuary
    Hollyone - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Common is that hard to stop linux (and mssql - rollback that gold-$ transactions) and restore database to last maintance
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I know people have spent over 1,000$/Euros/Paso/w.e u use, On this game.. Nothing wrong with that, But you honestly cant tell me someone spent over 10grand to make 200m in 10minutes? When the gold limit is 100 per 24hrs..So no one should be making over 30m(10m usually but with gold prices its like 30m or something) ROLL BACK 15 HOURS
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So, that's their answer?

I'll have to think hard on this, considering the amount of money I've spent here, but chances are I'm done also.

Now, what game to try next is my main concern. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    K I first logged in around 8am (server time)
    Being that I had some items in the and Gold trade I figured I would check on them.. Seeing the prices I almost shat a brick. Being a economist I did buy up 20$ worth of gold to sell and make a huge profit. I wasn't sure what was happening but I knew I wanted to be rich.

Then later I found that it is a suspected bug >.< very upsetting but still I have no problem with a rollback as long as there is a hefty xp bonus, maybe additional daily quests, refund gold traded and the other random things on here.

If the ban hammer gets dropped I will be very disappointed. I don't try to take advantage of cheats or hacks. The initial impression I saw was someone who was ridiculously rich decided to make PWI's economy similar to the USA. I wanted to jump in get some easy cash and drop it in the bank until it stabilized. (similar to what I did when I saw the economy starting to fall in the states). I will be extremely pissed if my account gets banned I have spent much time on it and enjoy this game completely (not to mention from reading these forums loads would be banned making the community.. well more like a neighborhood)
    I dont think the blame should be targetted at gold sellers but at the buyers and exploiters. The buyers were innocent and merely following the market trend. There is no defense for exploiting an obvious bug and so the gold buyers/exploiters should be banned
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I do not say that the GMs always work hard. But at this time I can picture several loosing their hair over this. Concerning the charm pack fiasco, I was one of the most vocal detractors, though my own posts eventually got me placed on their "watched" list.
    Rollbacks would punish the innocent with the guilty and I seriously doubt they want to go down that road. Imagine that you have just completed a difficult quest or some other accomplishment. You would be singing a different tune. There are those who will suffer and those who will profit no matter what solution they impose. Suggesting an XP bonus for having endured is merely your way of profiting for having endured though I doubt you have been personally affected more than a bit of inconvenience. I too would love to see a reward, for no better reason than to cash in a freebie. But I can see past my own selfish interests to realize that no great wrong has affected me.

hookay, thats so wrong
    AH has NO HIGH END MOLDS,almost NO (good) GOLD TT MATS, why? exploiters or scammers or w/e grabbed em all up, that makes it extremely unfair to non exploiters, hell i was almost done killing a world boss had done my dailys , sold stuff in ah,ect, do i wanna loose all that timeand millions? hell no? do i want to not be able to compete cause the market got F
    , bigger hell no
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, they said the AH gold trading is working fine so it must be.

But they did not said there was not some way for some players to make tons of money by using some other sort of bug involving the need to use the cash shop somewhat.....

like buying something in the cash shop and resselling it at a npc for more that its cost in coins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Haloarcher - Sanctuary
    Haloarcher - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's obvious isn't it? Why would gold jump up so quickly in price? The question you gotta ask is who would buy gold at that price when just yesterday it was far less, and would likely go back down if no one bought it at the new outrageous prices? The answer: THE GMS, the people working for PW are the only ones with any logical reason to be spending that much coin on gold. By doing so, they're gonna make a lot of people spend real money on gold, very quickly so they can get in on making all that coin off their gold while it lasts. NO ONE OTHER THAN THEM WOULD EVER SPEND THAT MUCH COIN ON GOLD. They are making big bucks off of this, gotta hand it to them really, pretty clever. It's amazing that so many haven't figured this out yet. Remember, while coin and gold have value to us players, it's nothing more than a number on a computer screen for them. The only numbers they're interested in is your credit card numbers, which many people are gladly gonna give up so they can get in on this while it lasts. Nice going GMs.
  • ranger12345
    ranger12345 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The GM said theres nothing wrong with gold buying but it its a bug in the item mall that ppl can buy and sell the items to a npc for much more than they are buying. Seeing IT IS A SERVER SIDE ISSUE they should do a roll back as the rich will stay richer which means prices go up for everything, and well the poor ppl will just quit altogether and go play another game. As i have spent real life money on this game. But i have seen 20 ppl quit PWI today cause of this. So if they dont solve the problem and make things normal then i'd say the GM's better go to the unemployment office. As alot of ppl qill stop playing.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hookay, thats so wrong
    AH has NO HIGH END MOLDS,almost NO (good) GOLD TT MATS, why? exploiters grabbed em all up, that makes it extremely unfair to non exploiters, hell i was almost done killing a world boss had done my dailys , sold stuff in ah,ect, do i wanna loose all that timeand millions? hell no? do i want to not be able to compete cause the market got F
    , bigger hell no

Point made... I just dont see a good solution. Whatever they choose to do will **** someone. And even worse, whatever they do will also aggravate many players into leaving PWi... or at least threatening to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    EP_DarkSol - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Everybody chill out.

More than likely, it's a core group of individuals who have been stockpiling coins to flood the market all at once.

This explains why it is only one server, and why nothing is wrong with the update.

See, unlike a real economy, the PWI has an infinite one. Given enough time, one could stockpile enough cash from selling gold and restarting farming characters to drive prices WAY up.

Luckily, though, given the dynamic nature of coins in this game(Paying NPC's gets rid of gold, quests make more out of mid-air) it should correct itself soon.

Whoever did this had it in the works for a long time. There's no need to quit PWI, or get pissed at the GMs. Just dump all your coins into the bank, and wait.

Hell, if you want to help fix it, spend all your cash at the NPC so the prices go down.

The way to fix this is to disable cat shops for the time being, close the gold trade, and force people to spend at NPCs, forcing the economy back to normal.

If you guys want to do something, that's where to start.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, they said the AH gold trading is working fine so it must be.

But they did not said there was not some way for some players to make tons of money by using some other sort of bug involving the need to use the cash shop somewhat.....

like buying something in the cash shop and resselling it at a npc for more that its cost in coins

I dont know how people made 200m+ though from the AH trading, Unless they've purchased prior over days 100 gold each day. Even if the price is 300k-600k, Theres no way 100 gold = 200m. So its a exploit..Roll back 15hours kty
  • CHOOO - Sanctuary
    CHOOO - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    finally servers are shutting down >.<
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sanctuary is about to go down for "Emergency Maintenance". How much you wanna bet the only thing they fix is the Etherblade Lake bug?
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    whats the etherblade lake bug?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    whats the etherblade lake bug?

technical support forum STICKY, and many many other posts http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188121
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I dont know how people made 200m+ though from the AH trading, Unless they've purchased prior over days 100 gold each day. Even if the price is 300k-600k, Theres no way 100 gold = 200m. So its a exploit..Roll back 15hours kty

They were playing the gold market lol. They were buying when gold dropped to around 400-500k and sold when gold went back to about 800k. That's how some people made 200m.

Edit: typos fixed.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    More than likely, it's a core group of individuals who have been stockpiling coins to flood the market all at once.

This explains why it is only one server, and why nothing is wrong with the update.

Wrong, the same thing happened in Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • AliasAliana - Sanctuary
    AliasAliana - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    34ybsaq.jpg
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Fundamental rule of market manipulating:

SOMEONE has to lose money.

Here? I havent heard a single word from someone who lost money.
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I only hope just if this is not an exploit the prices drop some day, bcause is imposible to afford the gold with coins.
    If the gold prices never down again to the normal prices lot of ppl will quit PWI, i dont like to quit bcause i love this game, but this will unbalance the game and the ppl with they credits card will go to rule in this game, anyway... i will wait to see how continue this b:sad

cya
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • suiryujin
    suiryujin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i actually heard that the people are not making money off AH at least it was not the orgin of the problem. the problem apparently was there is a cash shop item that can be sold for obscene amount of money, like 50mil+ to the npc, some people bought it, sold it they got money, buy massive gold from AH, repeat the purchase for more gold. The as the person get more coins to buy gold from AH the prices start to increase, soon within hour or so the prices will have skyrockets just from 1 or 2 person doing it.
    and chances are this is not staying quiet, so more than 1 person must have done it. i am pretty sure its possible to find out who actually bought and sold the cash shop item then ban those since that is a bug exploit.
    the AH inflation is a result of people exploiting that bug. so people taking advantage of that might not and in most cases should not be banned for the massive increase in demand causing prices to soar.
This discussion has been closed.