Money Exploit?

Options

Comments

• olympians
    olympians Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Everyone has to relax.

anyone ever heard of the economey crashes on wow?

a guild of players can make an item go up in cost by 500% and all that can be done is to bend to the will or let the econemy crash.

most of the time the econemy crashes and prices on everything are random for weeks.

i dont see the econemy on this game getting more fubared than that anytime soon.
  • ketzer
    ketzer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rollback plz, dont **** up the economy gms!
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    excuse me ?? banned ?? mmm today i went to buy some zhen lol >.> and i wanted coins i had no idea of this bug / or w/e it is maybe its just the peeps trowing up the price ey ... because i think this game is pricy enough mallitems all way overpriced thats my opinion tho.... so today i want to get some coins tru selling gold i bought wooot i see 400k ... ( not knowing of this stupid bug) ... i mean i didnt know and now u say bann them??? HELLO its GM'S fault nobody elses he is the 1 responsible for the server and what happens in it .... banning the players is not fair then he shoulda shut down the server and made sure nobody could buy or sell zhen till it was fixed ... dont blame the players lawl

No hun, ban the individual(s) who started the whole thing (either by an SQL injection to the database to give them huge amounts of gold or abusing a possible new exploit with the patch or whatever). As for everyone else, rollback the server and return or refund the gold spent.
    b:dirty
  • ZuzuHime - Sanctuary
    ZuzuHime - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rollback. *sigh* no pwi until this is fixed :'(
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ok ok true but weird gm still not doing nothing right? going on for how long ?? i got no clue but i admit its weird and it should be fixed but u buy mallgold? 10 dollar for 10 gold is much if u ask me to much .. ppl getting super rich now blah let them waste 10000$ of dollars lmao why u care .... all the drama in a game lol jeez
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I dont think they can really rollback that easily, because ppl that just spent 1k rl dollars would get owned, and well... they could sue...
  • Sitr - Sanctuary
    Sitr - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i'd hate a rollback cause i'll lose everything i did today but i donm't think the gms would have any other option to stabilize the gold trade =/
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ok ok true but weird gm still not doing nothing right? going on for how long ?? i got no clue but i admit its weird and it should be fixed but u buy mallgold? 10 dollar for 10 gold is much if u ask me to much .. ppl getting super rich now blah let them waste 10000$ of dollars lmao why u care .... all the drama in a game lol jeez

my thoughts on this are..

if they are going to rollback the server, they will probably start finding a way to fix this before they shut the server off for emergency maintenance. I don't see them caring too much what happens for now if they are going to roll it back anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If they do a rollback they are going to have to figure out how to refund all the people who bought all that gold since it will disappear in the process. Not to mention people like betty who's valuable time will be wasted in the rollback...and they have to do emergency maintenance to fix the DC bug at etherblade lake so people like me can get back to playing....><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    Shiningon - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Get real lol
  • Lilith_vii - Sanctuary
    Lilith_vii - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hope I can get my items back =/ I just bought like $20 worth of items from the boutique =/
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Everyone has to relax.

anyone ever heard of the economey crashes on wow?

a guild of players can make an item go up in cost by 500% and all that can be done is to bend to the will or let the econemy crash.

most of the time the econemy crashes and prices on everything are random for weeks.

i dont see the econemy on this game getting more fubared than that anytime soon.
    I understand 5-10x prices differences.
    But how you explain AT LEAST 10 different people from SAME GUILD to make 50m in a short period of time? Not counting people from other guilds, those 10 are just ones that said "wtf i just made 50m with this Auction House crazyness".

@All
    No GM has cared to bless us with any kind of answer.
    I know some of them are online AND reading this since a friend just got a reply to a ticket, 2 of our GMs replied on different topics and one of our moderators is currently online ingame.

MEANING:
    If this had NOTHING to do with any kind of bug or anything serious. They would have given us an answer like:
    "Sorry, but we have nothing to do with this".

But not, they are silent...
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I was thinking along these lines also - but then I realised even with a rollback, aslong as the players get the same amount of gold back that they paid for, I don't think legally they could sue. They would still have what they purchased, x amount of zen gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • damani
    damani Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Status update? Money still being printed, or was it fixed?
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Get real lol

Well I figure attending to their paying customers would be top priority regardless of the circumstances. Again....this all will be very interesting b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• darkness7
    darkness7 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/raydoit27/2009-02-1309-53-55.jpg

Current status of Gold Trading for other servers to see lol

i laughed nonstop at your characters nameb:laugh
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well I know things cash shop based are saved seperately. Gold trading in the AH and any Zen purchases are saved on a seperate server. A main rollback will not effect that directly by making eveything go poof.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Solarplex - Sanctuary
    Solarplex - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Is it worth my time grinding? b:cry
  • PandaEmperor - Sanctuary
    PandaEmperor - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This Fricken blows , like this i aint fricken touching pwi , i cant finish my culty cuz it might be for nothing, ill lose all . but u know what? Atm i dont f*cking care.. Pls , rollback , Do anything ffs !!!
  • Meluda - Sanctuary
    Meluda - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    streaker wrote: »
    I dont think they can really rollback that easily, because ppl that just spent 1k rl dollars would get owned, and well... they could sue...

I guess that if you bought it with RL money you'll be refund the gold spent since they can keep a record on the ZEN trading site.

Only what has been bought ingame will really be affected by a rollback

and if they spent 1k rl to exploit the bug, then they deserve it and will have 1k of gold to spend on charm ^o^;;
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Is it worth my time grinding? b:cry

No its not. There is no doubt a rollback is in order here, you'll just lose your time. Don't bother playing at this point.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So if someone purchased Gold some time after the update and then the server rolls back to the right after the update was released will those players get their ZEN back?

I don't use rl money I'm just curious xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So if someone purchased Gold some time after the update and then the server rolls back to the right after the update was released will those players get their ZEN back?

It would be time consuming but I'm fairly certain not that difficult to give the amount of zen back that was purchased after the update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Solarplex - Sanctuary
    Solarplex - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hope they do a rollback cos i'm off to play cod4 now.
    If they don't imma be one unhappy bunny! b:angry
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is extremely problematic....well not so much this but the DC bug at etherblade will prevent me from going to tw today....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rollback has to be done imo...that and with an XP bonus...in some sort of way to make up for the time lost by people training (because thats not exploited...the coins are)

as for the people who are exploiting the bug knowingly they should be banned...the others imo...best would be to have a rollback and to restore the original zhen purchases

for the one in the previous pages who said theres no history...im sure they keep a history of each account and how much they buy...i even see my own 'purchase' log on PWI site...and i'm sure they would choose to keep majority of players over a few people who pay tons purposely to exploit this

also think that if your refunded the amount of zhen (from RL money) that you paid (whether for exploiting or just to use), dont think they can be sued either

good thing i just got on to this, i was gonna go do some xp but i guess thats not gonna happen lol

just so you know...im pretty sure if they do not rollback and fix the coin exploit and the economy **** up in PWI...they'll get a nice reputation for their future games too as the company which did nothing to fix their bugs
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hey ray, are you getting an error pop up with some strange symbols too? if not, you can S key kite out of there. The first time my wizard wasn't on my char list for about 20 mins, and I about shat myself...
  • Kejoke - Sanctuary
    Kejoke - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well i am lucky spending the first night in months playing my low lvl alt, so my main will be spared from all this...
    I'd appreciate them doing a rollback or at least give us an answer what is going to happen >.<

I wont play any sec longer till they fixed all this mess, so pls someone inform us here, if something useful happend.
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

pretty sure it wont be too hard to get it back...there is a log
    It would be time consuming but I'm fairly certain not that difficult to give the amount of zen back that was purchased after the update.

even if its not easy...its better then losing tons of players (theres those who buy gold and exploit...there sthose who buy gold and dont)

in the long run...keeping a small %age of people who bought mass amounts of gold to exploit...is worse for them...those people will leave eventually too...gets boring when theres only 10 people logged into the server right?
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    streaker wrote: »
    Hey ray, are you getting an error pop up with some strange symbols too? if not, you can S key kite out of there. The first time my wizard wasn't on my char list for about 20 mins, and I about shat myself...

I've been trying this method for awhile now and all the effort is in vain b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.