Money Exploit?

Options

Comments

• dartwave
    dartwave Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i think the best think to do is to force the max gold value in AH to a certain limit for some days so that it can return normal. And expecially people have to stop buying gold for 400-500K
  • cookielips
    cookielips Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i hope the price of everything will stay relatively the same and only a few people got rich quick..because what will happen to the thousands of people that were not on right now and didnt make anything..at least the gems will stay the same price cuz theyre npc'd but it would be a shame to see the ecomony of pwi start to resemble the economy of rappelz...yikes, thats why i quit that game...i beleive that the people who lost money started this whole chain reaction because they were mad that the ratio of coin to gold was getting smaller and smaller
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    Shiningon - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, i just found pw in my country with ping of 5ms, exp x2, and drops doubled, think i'll have a look !
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dartwave wrote: »
    i think the best think to do is to force the max gold value in AH to a certain limit for some days so that it can return normal. And expecially people have to stop buying gold for 400-500K

there is a max limit on gold price..unfortunately the max is quite high at 1mil
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ill quit to...You all cry for charm packs but are willing to pay 400K PER GOLD? YA OK THERE YOUR ALL SMART AS CAN BE..

GOOD JOB GM ON BEING GREEDY ONCE AGAIN WOO HOO IF YOU WANTED MORE MONEY GMS SHOULDA BROUT CHARM PACKS BACK, YOU GUYS ARE FAILING MAJORLY IF YOU DO NOT ROLL BACK 15HOURS NO LIE b:pleased
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dartwave wrote: »

From what I've heard, the bug was something about trading fashion for dyes, and the dyes selling for high prices at NPC merchants. If that's the case, putting a roof for gold prices will only make the abusers get more money, since the gold required to buy fashion will be cheaper.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • dartwave
    dartwave Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Then first they have to fix the dyes bug and then put a limit of 130-150k for gold.It's also a good idea to decrease the coins to a limit of x Millions of those players who made a lot of coins buying and selling from the auction house, but NOT for those who bought gold only with real money
  • riobabe
    riobabe Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is just a response to what the GMs said lol..

True it was us setting the prices due to idiotic greedy people but whose dumb enough to buy gold at 250k+ when you can get the item for less from people already selling the item? It's stupid to think that it's ALL our fault and there wasn't some kind of exploit. Lets hope and pray that something happens with the gold trade because if it doesn't go down i know alot of people will leave for this very little (EPIC) problem alone. Little is an understatement! XD
  • zephyrzeus
    zephyrzeus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ill quit to...You all cry for charm packs but are willing to pay 400K PER GOLD? YA OK THERE YOUR ALL SMART AS CAN BE..

GOOD JOB GM ON BEING GREEDY ONCE AGAIN WOO HOO IF YOU WANTED MORE MONEY GMS SHOULDA BROUT CHARM PACKS BACK, YOU GUYS ARE FAILING MAJORLY IF YOU DO NOT ROLL BACK 15HOURS NO LIE b:pleased

LoL 400k for gold u think that is bad !! i saw and took screen shot of a crusade order BIII selling in AH for 137million wtf !! if some 1 could explain how to post the screenie i ll show u guys.. i grinded my head off last night and today to get lvl80 . i just hope a roll back works.. on a good side atleast ill get the joy of reaching lvl 80 again b:victory

P.S. ban the idiots that caused this mess for life !!
    "In the worlds before Monkey, primal chaos reigned. Heaven sought order. But the phoenix can fly only when its feathers are grown. The four worlds formed again and yet again, as endless aeons wheeled and passed. Time and the pure essences of Heaven, the moisture of the Earth, the powers of the Sun and the Moon all worked upon a certain rock, old as creation. And it became magically fertile. That first egg was named "Thought". Tathagata Buddha, the Father Buddha, said, "With our thoughts, we make the World". Elemental forces caused the egg to hatch. From it then came a stone monkey. The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!"
  • darffy
    darffy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i think we should just forget the whole rollback thing and throw in a quest givin every player 20 mil with money being all equal the economy will stabilize
    ya prices will go up but everyone will have the money for it as the money ends back up in the hands of npcs prices will drop again
    just my thoughts
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    That would be entirely unfair to those who have worked hard to have lets say 3 mill in the bank. Suddenly all that hard work is worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Deviloni - Heavens Tear
    Deviloni - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    darffy wrote: »
    i think we should just forget the whole rollback thing and throw in a quest givin every player 20 mil with money being all equal the economy will stabilize
    ya prices will go up but everyone will have the money for it as the money ends back up in the hands of npcs prices will drop again
    just my thoughts

i'd love a 20mil bailout, it would all be politic-like in the US atm. everyone gets a bailout, lol
  • foxconn
    foxconn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    HI All,

I have just a few things to say. The price of gold is and should always be set by the donors not free players. We spent our hard earned money from real life jobs. I have not sold any gold yet but if I want to I should be able to set my own price. I think 100k is way to low to sell for anyway. So far this week I have spent 80.00 USD on this game and I plan on spending another 100 to 200 USD next week. 80.00 USD works out to be 20 hours grinding at work. For those free players its us donors that bring in the gold with our money so stfu about prices and pray we dont want 2mil for 1 gold.
  • rickkyle
    rickkyle Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    foxconn wrote: »
    HI All,

I have just a few things to say. The price of gold is and should always be set by the donors not free players. We spent our hard earned money from real life jobs. I have not sold any gold yet but if I want to I should be able to set my own price. I think 100k is way to low to sell for anyway. So far this week I have spent 80.00 USD on this game and I plan on spending another 100 to 200 USD next week. 80.00 USD works out to be 20 hours grinding at work. For those free players its us donors that bring in the gold with our money so stfu about prices and pray we dont want 2mil for 1 gold.

Couldn't agree more!
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Except for one simple fact, the prices aren't set by you guys. They are set by market forces, equilibrium between buyers and sellers. Go try and sell your gold for 2m tommorow, tell me how it goes.
  • foxconn
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Except for one simple fact, the prices aren't set by you guys. They are set by market forces, equilibrium between buyers and sellers. Go try and sell your gold for 2m tommorow, tell me how it goes.

If we set our prices at 3mil and you freeplayers want gold you will pay what ever price we set. Its simple as that. We have you dont. Very simple.b:pleased
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If we set our prices at 3mil and you freeplayers want gold you will pay what ever price we set. Its simple as that. We have you dont. Very simple.b:pleased

Dream on you greedy punk. No one is going to pay those prices. Now get the hell out of this game greed like yours is not wanted.b:angry
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Roseddesor - Heavens Tear
    Roseddesor - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    G_G everyone use your common sense! There is going to be a rollback to last night's maintenance as soon as they fix the bugs with the patch. b:chuckle
    Also to all those saying there going to quite because of this... don't let the door hit your butt on the way out! b:bye
    No one wants or cares to hear it. If your going to leave just do it, and leave your QQ's at the door.
  • foxconn
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dream on you greedy punk. No one is going to pay those prices. Now get the hell out of this game greed like yours is not wanted.b:angry

Show me greed. I have not sold any gold yet. And you forget that donors keep PW alive.b:laugh
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rollback Is The Only Solution>>> Exploiters Sent Their Money To Friend/guidly/other Account>>>this Cant Be Traced.
  • Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear
    Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I plan to wait and see what the outcome of the maintenance will be before doing anything. If necessary, I'll do my best to survive on potions, crafted herbs, selling all drops I won't need on any of my characters (if bronze charms end up becoming gold charm prices or higher, that is) and never buying anything from any player again. Now if they want to buy items from me for super high amounts... hey, I won't argue with them. =)

[meditation mode, awaiting results]
    Jayde_Videl - lvl 6x venomancer - Heavens Tear
    RainbowVidel - lvl 3x venomancer - Sanctuary
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

You forget about Capitalism. There's no way all the gold buyers will agree to sell for 3 million. Someone will undercut you and you won't be able to sell anything. You may have the supply, but the demand is not controlled by you.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

If Ford suddenly decides to sell their Taurus for $1,000,000 guess what happens to Ford? They go out of business. You can only sell your product for what the market is willing to pay for it. The only reason people were willing to pay the price for gold today was to exploit a bug which earned them a profit regardless of the gold price.

The only people that are against a consequence for this exploit are the exploiters.

A rollback would be the easiest solution for PWI. To individually track and discipline accounts would be a task of monumental proportions. I am not saying that it would be the most fair, some honest people could easily get caught in the crossfire, but it's the only feasible scenario that I can see. It's that or they do nothing.
  • hectorx
    hectorx Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Money scam GRRR its too bad. . . . .>.> anyone know when server is coming back up?
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Show me greed. I have not sold any gold yet. And you forget that donors keep PW alive.b:laugh

You don't seem to realize that the free players buying the gold you spent RL money on is what keeps you in business. See my above post. You can't sell what no one is willing to buy, and vice versa.
  • Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear
    Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hectorx wrote: »
    Money scam GRRR its too bad. . . . .>.> anyone know when server is coming back up?

It will be back up whenever PWI says it is. Patience...
    Jayde_Videl - lvl 6x venomancer - Heavens Tear
    RainbowVidel - lvl 3x venomancer - Sanctuary
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ROLLBACK IS THE ONLY SOLUTION>>> EXPLOITERS SENT THEIR MONEY TO FRIEND/GUIDLY/OTHER ACCOUNT>>>THIS CANT BE TRACED.

And a double exp weekend to make those happy who spent alot of time on leveling(including me) in the last hours.
  • foxconn
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If Ford suddenly decides to sell their Taurus for $1,000,000 guess what happens to Ford? They go out of business. You can only sell your product for what the market is willing to pay for it. The only reason people were willing to pay the price for gold today was to exploit a bug which earned them a profit regardless of the gold price.

The only people that are against a consequence for this exploit are the exploiters.

A rollback would be the easiest solution for PWI. To individually track and discipline accounts would be a task of monumental proportions. I am not saying that it would be the most fair, some honest people could easily get caught in the crossfire, but it's the only feasible scenario that I can see. It's that or they do nothing.

The only thing I have against a rollback is the work I have put into my char.. As I have said in my first post in this thread I havent and do not plan on selling any gold. But gold prices should be set by the player who bought the gold. Anyone using a bug should be banned. But putting a cap on gold prices is not right. As Vidalaire said no way will all the donors get together and set a high price on gold. But 100k cap is laughable.
  • Lalalie - Heavens Tear
    Lalalie - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I was sleeping during the money making frenzies :O .... i wanted to be a gagillionaire...even for a tinsy moment b:cry
    Lala: aka Jedi PewPewMastaSauce
    Lalalie - Cleric - 8x (main)
    Lalaeli - Blade - 62
    Lalaelia - Veno - 38
    Lalalae - Wizard - 28
    Lalapop - Archer - 42
    Lalalia - Cleric - 26
    Laelala - Archer - 6 ( xD )
    Lalalio - Barb - 4 ( xD )
    Laelalia - Veno (deleted - RIP :O) - 12
    Lalalioz - Barb (deleted - RIP :O) - 3
    ~~~~Teh Lalas will overtake you b:chuckle b:pleased
    Teh Lovely Lady Lala Loves You All <3 b:kiss

My. Pew. Pew. Is. Strong(er than yours)
    (Ego is an understatement)--Epic Long Siggy ftw b:victory
  • hectorx
    hectorx Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    BTW, is anyone able to confirm this "money exploit" is only affecting the SANCTUARY server and not HEAVENS TEAR OR LOST CITY??
This discussion has been closed.