Shiningon - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ooooo you people are so clever haha
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Honestly, if there isn't a rollback I think I'll be leaving the game. That's just my own opinion.

Not too keen on a situation where those who took advantage of the glitch being tens of millions richer whilst those of us who didn't sitting with the same cash balance we had yesterday.

You are not alone.
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    damani wrote: »
    Do you have to make new character when you change servers?

Yes.

Its 10:15 AM on the GM's side of the world, i hope we get an answer soon b:sad
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Guys, stop panicking. There are a lot of issues with this latest patch, and they have more than just this to work on, l ike players getting caught in etherblade lake, etc.

Finally, a rollback should be possible, I'm assuming they backed up the server when they shut it down to upload the patches. The rollback can be done at any time, for all we know they are letting it play out for a bit to record who is abusing the bug so they have more evidence to ban them, and THEN roll everything back.

Or maybe they'll do nothing. If you've ever played a game where you get to fly for fun, you know that sometimes inflation DOESN'T get fixed. Items in those types of games range in the 100's of millions to billions, which is why I don't play them.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What's with all the QQing? 10 hours is nothing. They're humans too, they live, breathe and SLEEP. Personally I'd rather lose 10 hours of grind than have my game irreversibly effed up because of a money exploit. Now if you're one of the people who got rich because of the said exploit, use your brain next time. If you decided to spend time grinding when there was something seriously wrong with the game, use your brain next time.

Like a lot of other people, if they DON'T rollback I'll be quitting.

P.S. 1g=600-900k on sanctuary atm.
    b:dirty
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well lets see, the chances of them banning about 1/4 of the game are slim to none, the most they can do is rollback (if they even can without blowing up the server and killing all the characters) and if they don't blow us all back to level 1, the ppl that bought gold with real money now have **** ammounts of gold, and can just **** our economy anyway... and the ones that bought it from the auction are ****ed harder then my mother on friday nights when shes "with her friends"...

and either way, unless they can kiss all of our asses (by giving us some shiny new stuff or x5 xp for a week or something) they will still lose 1/4-1/2 the players = less money for them...

Choices.... not always easy... lol...
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Guys, stop panicking. There are a lot of issues with this latest patch, and they have more than just this to work on, l ike players getting caught in etherblade lake, etc.

Finally, a rollback should be possible, I'm assuming they backed up the server when they shut it down to upload the patches. The rollback can be done at any time, for all we know they are letting it play out for a bit to record who is abusing the bug so they have more evidence to ban them, and THEN roll everything back.

Or maybe they'll do nothing. If you've ever played a game where you get to fly for fun, you know that sometimes inflation DOESN'T get fixed. Items in those types of games range in the 100's of millions to billions, which is why I don't play them.

If that happens here, I won't leave, I just won't spend another penny on zen. I love the game and will continue to support it financially only as long as they do the right things.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    why they letting server keep running or let it be able to buy mallgold for this time??? they need leech more before they fix it or what ?>???? if they know now why still nothing ... why they still letting the unkown buy zhen ?? to leech bit more before they fix? they knew this all the time didnt do nothing this is verry bad service and idk if they know they gonna rollback just shut down zhen purchase for our server now before more get fooled .... thanks
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If that happens here, I won't leave, I just won't spend another penny on zen. I love the game and will continue to support it financially only as long as they do the right things.

I wont leave if they fix it and roll back.. I will applaud their efforts and stay longer. A few hours is nothing.. I had fun anyway and they can't roll back my fun.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caelon - Lost City
    Caelon - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    streaker wrote: »
    well lets see, the chances of them banning about 1/4 of the game are slim to none, the most they can do is rollback (if they even can without blowing up the server and killing all the characters) and if they don't blow us all back to level 1, the ppl that bought gold with real money now have **** ammounts of gold, and can just **** our economy anyway... and the ones that bought it from the auction are ****ed harder then my mother on friday nights when shes "with her friends"...

and either way, unless they can kiss all of our asses (by giving us some shiny new stuff or x5 xp for a week or something) they will still lose 1/4-1/2 the players = less money for them...

Choices.... not always easy... lol...

[sarcasm]Funniest math i have heard in ages..[/sarcasm]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insanity has a nice ****..
  • Zerokills - Heavens Tear
    Zerokills - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    how are ppl getting all this money? PM me lol thanks
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What I don't understand is who is buying all the gold at the high prices? People doing glitches?
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not sure if it has all be figured out yet but here is my 2 cents worth:
    Some players discovered an exploit, an item they could purchase from the boutique for less than they could sell it for at merchants. They would purchase the item, sell it to a merchant and trade their ill-gotten ingame gold for boutique gold. The exploiter would then repeat the process again and again until they became billionaires. Because of their need to trade great quantities of ingame gold for boutique gold they created an extra demand on the market driving prices higher. Other players saw this sudden inexplicable rise and cashed in, selling their own gold for exorbitant prices to the exploiters.
    Prices are now dropping back to a reasonable level. Possibly the exploiters have been caught and punished. It is reasonable to surmise that the gms have been able to monitor to auction gold purchases and discover who has been buying at these high prices. They almost certainly can see who is buying great quantities of the glitched item. The players have probably had their accounts suspended. I would not recommend that anyone try to cash in on the exploit since they too will suffer the same fate. If this is true there will likely be no rollback. The problem will be fixed via account suspensions or other disciplinary measures.
    It surprises me how quickly people jump to silly conclusions. If you haven't graduated high school math don't assume you can be an accountant. The GMs have not created this mess. They likely have been working their balls off to contain it. And when it is fixed will anyone give them credit? Probably not. They will still shout about corruption and rollbacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayette - Sanctuary
    Shayette - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think you have been confused by all the roumors/jokes
  • forlorn487
    forlorn487 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    no rumors people are exploiting a glitch
  • qwisper
    qwisper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They realy need to shut the servers down and fix this. Right now there is going to be mass exodus either way they decide to deal with it. Either people who have been buying/selling gold to get in game rich will leave.(I believe they should be punished for exploiting) or the honest people are gonna leave because the in game economy is now officially unballanced.
    Best advice I can give is to shut the servers down and fix the problem asap!
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    what if they do a rollback and then for the rest of the day double xp?
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    what if they do a rollback and then for the rest of the day double xp?

If they do a rollback I don't demand anythign extra. I will be grateful that they fixed what was broken. If they throw us extra xps, that would be nice but I will just be happy that they cared enough to make things right.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

I’d like to continue play this game too, but please tell me how? You are level 85, how many stuffs in this game left for you beside TW/PVP? To me, TW/PVP is the only thing left in this game for level 90+. Then how can I compete with those player wearing all +8 armors with 4 Incomparable shards stocked in? how can I afford to spend millions to buy a regular 3 starts item when I can only make 200k/hour grinding?
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Agravain whats is in game gold and boutiq gold?
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Some players discovered an exploit, an item they could purchase from the boutique for less than they could sell it for at merchants. They would purchase the item, sell it to a merchant and trade their ill-gotten ingame gold for boutique gold. The exploiter would then repeat the process again and again until they became billionaires. Because of their need to trade great quantities of ingame gold for boutique gold they created an extra demand on the market driving prices higher. Other players saw this sudden inexplicable rise and cashed in, selling their own gold for exorbitant prices to the exploiters.
    Prices are now dropping back to a reasonable level. Possibly the exploiters have been caught and punished. It is reasonable to surmise that the gms have been able to monitor to auction gold purchases and discover who has been buying at these high prices. They almost certainly can see who is buying great quantities of the glitched item. The players have probably had their accounts suspended. I would not recommend that anyone try to cash in on the exploit since they too will suffer the same fate. If this is true there will likely be no rollback. The problem will be fixed via account suspensions or other disciplinary measures.
    It surprises me how quickly people jump to silly conclusions. If you haven't graduated high school math don't assume you can be an accountant. The GMs have not created this mess. They likely have been working their balls off to contain it. And when it is fixed will anyone give them credit? Probably not. They will still shout about corruption and rollbacks.

At least in sanctuary the prices re not dropping back...
    10 Mins ago, Gold for 350K~450K
    Now, Gold for 700K~800K
    This remmember me to my country Argentina in the last years of 80's from one day to the other the prices up a lot, all the ppl buying food LOT of food bcause the inflation was really high... a total chaos(well now the inflation is slower but inflation in order.

Cya :3
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hope if this exploit is true, that the GMs ban all the users who ARE exploiting this as it should fall under TOS violation. b:angry
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I am an odd one, I like the solo play and PvE.. I don;t TW or PvP so I can live off in-game drops and what I can craft for myself.
  • CHOOO - Sanctuary
    CHOOO - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

dropping back to reasonable level? O.o not in sanctuary, just checked, gold is selling for 850k each
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No rollback. Nothing wrong with the Gold trading according to the GMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • Mastrmustard - Sanctuary
    Mastrmustard - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    K I first logged in around 8am (server time)
    Being that I had some items in the and Gold trade I figured I would check on them.. Seeing the prices I almost shat a brick. Being a economist I did buy up 20$ worth of gold to sell and make a huge profit. I wasn't sure what was happening but I knew I wanted to be rich.

Then later I found that it is a suspected bug >.< very upsetting but still I have no problem with a rollback as long as there is a hefty xp bonus, maybe additional daily quests, refund gold traded and the other random things on here.

If the ban hammer gets dropped I will be very disappointed. I don't try to take advantage of cheats or hacks. The initial impression I saw was someone who was ridiculously rich decided to make PWI's economy similar to the USA. I wanted to jump in get some easy cash and drop it in the bank until it stabilized. (similar to what I did when I saw the economy starting to fall in the states). I will be extremely pissed if my account gets banned I have spent much time on it and enjoy this game completely (not to mention from reading these forums loads would be banned making the community.. well more like a neighborhood)
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    accidental double post
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

...seriously?
    all high molds in auction house got cleared out no matter if they were cheap or highly overpriced, a lot of mats got bought up, you can fix that via account suspensions?money flow has gone a lot of places
    gms didnt help fix it for 5 hours+,
    working thier balls off? yah cause it takes 2 minutes to take down a server and stop the problem from spreading-ITS SNOWBALLING, if they had taken it down and fixed FAST there wouldn't be a need for rollback-THEN it could have been handled with account suspensions, a bit late now
    we should give them credit for being slow?lets see how its handled first...if they take down server fix fast and say sorry that might be ok, a 1.25 or 1.5 xp/drop wouldnt be bad but not necessary,
    gms work thier balls off and should get credit, are you blind , where are the PERMANENT CHARM PACKS?oh wait THERE NOT THERE, AND NOTHING TO COMPENSATE, a cahrm sale while packs are beign fixed would MAKE SENSE?, orh wait instead we get a XP SCROLL SALE? whats necessary for xp scrols? CHARMS? OH $%#%#%# thats greedy lets give a discount on something that requires the use of something were back to overpricing MULUHAHAHAHHAHA
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    On Heavens Tear we are seeing prices drop back to 150k. Perhaps we have fewer exploiters. Perhaps our GMs have been quicker to catch them.

Because the term Gold is used both in Boutique and in game I prefer to be specific when referencing both. normal trade rate in Heavens Tear has been 100k In-game gold per 1 Boutique gold. Rates climbed to 500k In-game gold per 1 Boutique gold. Now are falling back. Hope yall on other servers soon see the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    For the ones that didn't see it:

screenpr0.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
This discussion has been closed.